Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers and pixie dust for your little one! I will also pray your older daugther doesn't get it!

It breaks my heart just to read about her! I can't imagine how hard it is for you! Hugs and prayers!

I'll pray for a speedy recovery and extra health for the rest of your family - this sounds like a NASTY bug!!!
Have a great Sunday - Wendy

I have never heard of that either. Poor baby. Big hugs from me too.:hug:
Laura

Oh my goodness, the poor little thing. I will definitely pray for her, and for her worried mommy. :hug:

I am so sorry your baby is so sick. She as well as your family are in my prayers.

Thank you for all of your thoughts, well wishes,hugs and prayers! And also to SAHM1000, I don't know where your quote went but thanks! I did actually get her to go to sleep in her crib tonight(well for right now) which is an improvement! She has been sleeping on top of me for quite a few nights now!:laughing: The Dr. said it could last up to 2 weeks and it has already been 1 week, so we are half way there!:banana: :banana: :banana: I haven't been able to comment on all of the great things lately but I know that you all understand! Hopefully we will all be well and back to normal soon! Thanks again, you guys are the BEST!:grouphug:

Thank you for all of your thoughts, well wishes,hugs and prayers! And also to SAHM1000, I don't know where your quote went but thanks! I did actually get her to go to sleep in her crib tonight(well for right now) which is an improvement! She has been sleeping on top of me for quite a few nights now!:laughing: The Dr. said it could last up to 2 weeks and it has already been 1 week, so we are half way there!:banana: :banana: :banana: I haven't been able to comment on all of the great things lately but I know that you all understand! Hopefully we will all be well and back to normal soon! Thanks again, you guys are the BEST!:grouphug:

Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear she's sleeping in the crib. Maybe she's starting to feel a bit better.

How cute about your son and his costumes!!
Was your daughter in the competition that was telvised?

Katie looks so adorable, then and now!!

We are having really weird weather here! There was 2+ feet of the snow on the ground yesterday, today, there are just a few little patches out there! It's raining, and the temperature just hit 60 degrees!!!! CRAZY! This all made for an extrmely dense fog the entire day!

Thank you :) We think he is going to be an actor. He is almost always in costume. Tonight I told him to go up and get his pajamas on and he came down in full ninja attire complete with hood and mask. He is sound asleep like that (minus the mask of course) on the floor in his Giraffe tent. :confused3

We think Katie is pretty cute too. That was the first time she had anything with sugar in it. She LOVED it!!! I thought she would hate it since it was so sweet... I was wrong!

Yes, Leanne was in the televised competition. However, they only show about 30 seconds of each team. So I am not even sure we saw her since they are flipping and moving so fast, not to mention the fact that they all look alike. Of course she thinks we saw her the entire time and it was her best performance ever.

We are also having crazy weather here in Ohio. It will be in the 60’s tomorrow. I had the kids do tomorrow’s schoolwork today and we are going to the zoo for the day. Katie will be wearing her Scarlet a Gray tutu and matching bow’s. I don’t think you are permitted outside in Columbus tomorrow with out your OSU garb on. GO BUCKS!!!

Here is Lily's Valentine's dress. It is the portrait peasant dress pattern from YCMT made into the rumba dress version. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there are a lot of ruffles, but unlike a twirl skirt, they do not get bigger. They are all the same width so each layer I had to gather was not that large. These are the 4" ruffles. The (reversable) headband is from the free YCMT pattern you get when you sign up for their newsletter.

th_IMG_0123_edited-1.jpg

th_IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg
What a cutie :cutie:
Thanks to everyone about the comments made about blake. I think hes pretty cute too. He has just started to give kisses, and although they are a little too wet, its still very cute. Blakes hair grows so quickly, he was born with a head full of hair and never seemed to loose it. That pic was taken on his 1st b-day and he is now 15 months and he has already had 4 haircuts in his short life, each time a large amount of hair was cut off.
My nanna is still alive, she is 83 and has 9 great grandchildren, 4 of them mine. But my eldest, jayden whos 8, (yes i have a jayden too, although mines a boy) was her first great grandchild so i was constantly picked on my her about how he looked, from his hair to clothes to what i fed him.
Melissa.
The kissing stage is fun- dd 18mo. loves to give kisses, she always wants to kiss ds but he won't let her- she is always puckering up then gets shut down :guilty: But he will give her a hug instead.
My ds is the oldest great gr. son on that side so maybe that is why she has such a fit about his hair and sometimes clothes too. Plus she sees him more than the other great gr. kids, there are 7- 3 boys 4 girls oh and another girl on the way! not mine!
I didn't like this dress the way it was so I changed it up a bit. I like it better now.
th_CIMG0495.jpg

th_CIMG0493.jpg

And this is the back and the reason that I broke 2 sewing needles.
th_CIMG0494.jpg
That dress was cute before, I love love the heart!! And the think is SO Pretty!!
th_kidspicsend07109.jpg

Here is tinkerbelle, or has my dd3 calls her, twinklebelle. I am positive that the blue one has been shown here by someone eles.
th_kidspicsend07110.jpg

Melissa
That fabric is cute- twinklebelle- kids are so funny :laughing:
Here's the cake I made for Sawyer's first birthday. I used crushed regular oreos mixed with crushed vanilla oreos for the "dirt". The road is just the regular chocolate oreos. I cut up some malted milk balls for rocks.
th_6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

Here he is eating it. I couldn't resist sharing!
th_6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg
So cute did you make a car out of frosting or did you frost a car?? I think I will be testing out some of the ideas this week!!
DD4
th_StripworkDress1.jpg

DD5 twirling
th_StripworkDressTwirl.jpg
What fun the girls have in the twirly skirts!!
popup_1723.jpg

Alright I think this is the "design" I will try first with modifications of course ;) Ds and Dh both liked it. I'm going to use real "CARS" cars and add the monster jam infield.
THANKS EVERYONE for the great ideas and help!!

I hope that means she is starting to feel better! Thank you so much for letting us know how she is doing. :grouphug:

Thank you :) We think he is going to be an actor. He is almost always in costume. Tonight I told him to go up and get his pajamas on and he came down in full ninja attire complete with hood and mask. He is sound asleep like that (minus the mask of course) on the floor in his Giraffe tent. :confused3

We think Katie is pretty cute too. That was the first time she had anything with sugar in it. She LOVED it!!! I thought she would hate it since it was so sweet... I was wrong!

Yes, Leanne was in the televised competition. However, they only show about 30 seconds of each team. So I am not even sure we saw her since they are flipping and moving so fast, not to mention the fact that they all look alike. Of course she thinks we saw her the entire time and it was her best performance ever.

We are also having crazy weather here in Ohio. It will be in the 60’s tomorrow. I had the kids do tomorrow’s schoolwork today and we are going to the zoo for the day. Katie will be wearing her Scarlet a Gray tutu and matching bow’s. I don’t think you are permitted outside in Columbus tomorrow with out your OSU garb on. GO BUCKS!!!

Well, I bet I saw Leanne in that competition too then! ;)

Aww, your little ninja sounds so sweet!

The zoo sounds like the way to go tomorrow! Katie is going to look so cute@ It's suppose to get into the low to mid 60's here tomorrow too! Then, Wednesday, it's suppose to get back down in the 30s.

I like your new signature picture!!!

The kid go back to school tomorrow, so I should probably go get some sleep before I have to wake up! Good night everybody!

What a cutie :cutie:

The kissing stage is fun- dd 18mo. loves to give kisses, she always wants to kiss ds but he won't let her- she is always puckering up then gets shut down :guilty: But he will give her a hug instead.
My ds is the oldest great gr. son on that side so maybe that is why she has such a fit about his hair and sometimes clothes too. Plus she sees him more than the other great gr. kids, there are 7- 3 boys 4 girls oh and another girl on the way! not mine!

That dress was cute before, I love love the heart!! And the think is SO Pretty!!

That fabric is cute- twinklebelle- kids are so funny :laughing:

So cute did you make a car out of frosting or did you frost a car?? I think I will be testing out some of the ideas this week!!

What fun the girls have in the twirly skirts!!
popup_1723.jpg

Alright I think this is the "design" I will try first with modifications of course ;) Ds and Dh both liked it. I'm going to use real "CARS" cars and add the monster jam infield.

The car was made out of cake. It was really cute, wasn't it!

I like that idea for the cake!

Ok, now I'm REALLY going to bed!

th_popup_1723.jpg

I made the car out of cake- I cut a 8x8 cake in two, then cut about 1/3 off one piece and put it on top of the other piece. Then, I put it on a piece of cardboard, propped it up with some extra oreos underneath, frosted it, put the "tires" on, and put on the sugar wafer windows. I was going to cut a piece off for him at the party. But, everyone there encouraged me to give him the whole car. So, we let him have at it and made a wonderful mess!
A cracky good time was had by all! :rotfl:

Make sure you post a picture of the cake you made! That design looks really cute!

I need to get to bed. I already stayed up 2 hours later than planned. I went to bed and then HAD to get up to look for a picture of one of Cinderella's dresses so I can plan how to make it.

I have added to my TR

Heather- That is a great Idea for the car- Maybe ds will get his own "car" cake on the side :rolleyes1 We'll see...

Yep, that's about right. :laughing: I think it will be that way. I feel bad for my 4th grade son, though. WHY do they have to have the National Championship game on a SCHOOL NIGHT?! He is usually in bed by 8 and I think it starts at 8. Poor baby :(
Anyway, GO BUCKEYES!!!

Hey Tom, I have a question, did you just do the 2 roses in the front, or did you do them all the way around? When I was a little girl I always wanted a dress like this. I used to draw pictures of princessy dresses all the time.
They go all the way around. Four roses total!

my*2*angels - Many hopes and thoughts about your DD. I got something similar in college (not that virus, but something similar) and every once in a while, I get it back to a lesser degree. I know it's very uncomfortable. Poor baby. :( :hug: Poor mommy. :hug:

Al of the customs look great. I'm sorry, I barely have time to reply. I have been sooo busy since we got back, it's crazy.

And if anyone wants a road trip to NYC, you're welcome to crash here. :) Seriously, though, if someone can post a pic of the fabric, I'll look for it the next time I am in the fabric district. I am probably going to get my wholesaler number eventually so I can shop in the wholesale fabric shops now that JoAnn closed down. :sad1: I got some great asian prints a few years ago. NYC is NOT cheap, though you can sometimes find great deals in the clearance racks. they have GORGEOUS stuff, though.

Ok, laundry just "dinged" at me. Love seeing everyone's customs!

Here is Lily's Valentine's dress. It is the portrait peasant dress pattern from YCMT made into the rumba dress version. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there are a lot of ruffles, but unlike a twirl skirt, they do not get bigger. They are all the same width so each layer I had to gather was not that large. These are the 4" ruffles. The (reversable) headband is from the free YCMT pattern you get when you sign up for their newsletter.

th_IMG_0123_edited-1.jpg

th_IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg

So cute! Love the dress! I've got the pattern but haven't made anything with it yet so this gives me great ideas!

I didn't like this dress the way it was so I changed it up a bit. I like it better now.
th_CIMG0495.jpg

This is the fabric that I bought to make a very special dress for DD.
th_CIMG0484.jpg

And this is what I created with it.
th_CIMG0493.jpg

And this is the back and the reason that I broke 2 sewing needles.
th_CIMG0494.jpg

DD's holding her arms funny in the pic and you can't see the bow very well but it has a double layer bow at the bottom of the zipper. DD also says that it has a great twirl factor to it.

Cute! Twirl factor is very important! Great job, it looks like an awful lot of work but it was worth it!

Here's the cake I made for Sawyer's first birthday. I used crushed regular oreos mixed with crushed vanilla oreos for the "dirt". The road is just the regular chocolate oreos. I cut up some malted milk balls for rocks.

th_6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

th_6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg

I love the idea of malted milk balls for rocks. That is a great idea! Looks yummy too (and so does Sawyer!)

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if you could just say a prayer for my step brother and his wife - they got a call last night to come up to philly as there was a newborn ready for adoption - the baby was born 12/26 and is in foster care right now - they are supposed to go and get him at 2pm. The baby's mom was addicted to cocaine and meth but Im not sure how far into the pregnancy she took it - it could be a long road or, he could be just fine - time will tell!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy:)

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if you could just say a prayer for my step brother and his wife - they got a call last night to come up to philly as there was a newborn ready for adoption - the baby was born 12/26 and is in foster care right now - they are supposed to go and get him at 2pm. The baby's mom was addicted to cocaine and meth but Im not sure how far into the pregnancy she took it - it could be a long road or, he could be just fine - time will tell!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy:)

I will keep them in my prayers. I have a cousin whose girlfriend did meth the entire time she was pregnant with their daughter. The girl is ok. She's 4 now and very bright. My DD loves her so much. The only problem she has is her weight. She is two years younger than my DD but wears 3 sizes up from my daughter and is the same height. That seems to be the only problem she has. Best of luck to your step-brother, his wife and the little guy.

Just thought I would share Sam's tonka truck cake. I made it for his 1st Bday. I used brown sugar and cake crumbles for "sand" and oreos for wheels.
297197578.jpg

6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg

Too cute!

Hi Dreamer and Wisher Nancy!!!

Thank you so much for the mickey fabric squares I got in the mail today!!! I LOVE them!!! They are perfect for my project!!! I am very greatful and thank you for your generosity!!!

If anyone else has any scraps (seriously, they dont have to be big) of any disney fabric (monsters, cars, mickey and co, pooh, incredibles, tink, princesses - anything disney!!) that they are willing to part with, I'd LOVE to have it - Im trying to get together 40 different fabrics so I can cut them into Mickey heads of different sizes and then applique them to a sweatshirt for my big 40 birthday ( I have to do something to keep me feeling young, right). When I get it done, Im going to wear it to work and surprise the kids (I work at duPont Childrens Hospital) and they can play I spy with Miss Wendy's sweatshirt!! Right now, they love to do that with the Jibbitz on my crocs!!

By the way - all you crafty people - has anyone made their own Jibbitz/shoe charms for crocs?

Thanks so much!!

Wendy:goodvibes

I don't know why my camera is taking wonky picures.

The color of the roses I made match almost exactly to the fabric I used, but it doesn't photograph well.

Anyway, here it is.

b002.jpg

I still have a peasant top to make, and possibly a pair of embelished jeans to go with this. But otherwise I think it turned out pretty Belle like!

Off to start and finish the other 4 projects that I NEED to get done this weekend!:laughing:

I love that. Too bad DD is probably getting too old for that style dress.

Okay, here's my Nemo outfit I made the other day. It is pretty much a CASE from someone on here (took me forever to find the little orange dots fabric) It may be forever before I get photos of her in it. I haven't even made bows yet and I can't decide what to do for pants/bottoms/leggings since it will likely be too chilly in DW to go bare-legged. I have a t-shirt from Wal-Mart that perfectly matches the lighter aqua blue color, but do they have the matching leggings? Of course not. Anyhow, I like how it turned out. I used 4 different Nemo fabrics, two non-Nemo, and the little iron-on Nemo on the bodice.

IMG_0118_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0119_edited-1.jpg

That is cute, where did you find the Nemo fabric??? I would like to make DS some hawaiian shirts.

Im at work so I don't have time to multi quote the posts I wanted to but I wanted to say that the latest outfits are AMAZING!! I love them all!

My2 - I feel so bad for your little one - girls seem to be so resiliant and independant that when they are sick it's hard to see them that way! (at least with my DD it's that way!)

I have a question - I want to make a strip work jumper but instead of the straps going over the shoulders I want to do the halter style where the elastic is across the back... can someone assist me in altering my pattern to do so?

Thanks!!!

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter