Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all:goodvibes i have some serious catching up to do on this thread . i have officially been disney pimped/ obsessed(as my dh say's) Our trip was so much stinking fun and so awesome. i will be writting my tr soon, hopefully i can have the first part up by this weekend. :confused3 i just wanted to show you the kiddos in there pirate outfits at DCA's Mickey halloween treat party. there is a lil friend in the picture, they were a huge hit everybody kept giving them major compliments on them, (well me too
disneyland2324.jpg

WOW!!! They look awesome!! Your kids are adorable!!! It sure looks like they were having a blast!!! :cool1:

Ok I give in. You guys have inspired me to give it a try. The Singer Esteem is on sale at Target for 99.00. Should I get it or save up and get the Brother one from Walmart. I think it's the Brother 6000. Keep in mind that I have no sewing experience. Thanks.

If you intend to do this, I'd say get the Brother. I don't even know the Singer Esteem machine - I know that others have it and love it. I just LOVE my Brother. It's a great machine!

Now, if I stop typing we're gonna see if we can upload last nights photos....keep your fingers crossed.

...t.
My fingers are starting to cramp! AND it makes it really hard to type!

I really need to figure out this multi-quote thing...sorry!

:confused3

click on the multi quote button of each post you want to quote. It's the second button over in the right corner of every post. Then, when you are ready to reply to them all, either hit just quote on the last post you want to quote or reply at the bottom of the page.

Pumpkin Patch Pictures!!

DS didn't get a custom this time around, but he still had fun. Why do I sew, you ask... DD got half a dozen comments
(at each of the 3 places we went) about her outfit. She was very proud. When we were leaving the pumpkin patch she was holding my hand. She looked up at me and said, "Thanks for my pretty dress mom, I love it!! You're the best, mom!!" That's why I sew!!

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

OMG! That IS the best reason to sew! What a great memory!

I really need to figure out this multi-quote thing...sorry!

:confused3

When you are reading the posts and see something you want to quote look over in the lower right corner of the posting there is a "+ click on that and it will turn red/orangey. when you are all done reading and ready to post click on post reply and all your quotes will be right there :)

I am back to report NO BROKEN ELBOWS- All the laundry is sorted and I am still in one piece!!!!! :woohoo:
Back to cleaning & packing- Less then 72 hours til we leave for WDW!!!! :eek: :cool1:

Ok I give in. You guys have inspired me to give it a try. The Singer Esteem is on sale at Target for 99.00. Should I get it or save up and get the Brother one from Walmart. I think it's the Brother 6000. Keep in mind that I have no sewing experience. Thanks.

I started sewing this summer because of this thread. I bought the Singer Esteem mid-August when it was also on sale. I love it. I believe Aimee also has the same machine and is happy with it.
I guess it all depends on what you want to do and how much use you will get out of it. I went for the Esteem because I wasn't sure I would even like sewing never mind not so sure that I would even be able to sew at all. So I figured why spend more money than absolutely necessary for what could become a dust collector.

These are two of my Thanksgiving outfits. I've loved this pumpkin fabric for a long time, but never knew what I would do with it. Then someone posted a cute outfit on here using the same fabric along with this green and gave me these ideas.

For dd2:
EmmaTgiving.jpg

For dd7:
AbbyTgiving.jpg

:goodvibes I really like how this turned out, so cute!

It's finally done!! I'd like to thank fortheluvofpooh for getting the sparkly brown fabric for me. Without her, this dress would have no bottom ruffle. Thank you to all of you wonderfuly sweet women who went to your local WalMart in search of it, too! :grouphug: You're all so great! The outdoor pictures are sort of fuzzy and I don't know why. :confused3 I'd like to point out that this was my first zipper. If you don't look too closely, it doesn't look too bad! I still think Cinderella looks both surprised and suspicious...
10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
10-28-07twirling.jpg

10-28-07backofpumpkindress.jpg
10-28-07appliquesonpumpkindress.jpg

10-28-07cinderellaappliquepumpkin.jpg

10-28-07castleonpumpkindress.jpg
10-28-07floweronpumpkindress.jpg

WOW Heather this is BEAUTIFUL, just like your daughter!!! You did an outstanding job!!! It was definitely worth the wait......your dear sister just kept teasing us!!!
:banana:

See, it was worth the wait, wasn't it! This is EVEN prettier in person! Tessa was just glowing in it yesterday! Of course, she went around telling people (my Mom had a little party, so that's where we were) "My Mommy just LOVES Cinderella!"

On a side note, she also told Brian, my husband, her uncle, "I missed you Uncle Brian, I don't get to see you very often." She is such a little sweetie!

Awww how sweet!!

I have the brother and love it!

I sew for all of the above reasons too. But I just made my sewing corner in my bedroom (behind closed doors, I'm a sewing sLoB!) where I have a daycare child napping. Thus, I can't sew till after "work".

I just want to do winter dresses (for Norah and me), hoodies, and sleep pants for the whole family. BUT, I REALLY want to collect fabric to do a Disney Eye-Spy quilt! We should do an exchange of some kind to share our scraps :rolleyes: Heyyyy, there's a great idea! :idea: I vote Heather and Theresa can be in charge of that...

I have access to some cheap Bambi fabric :flower3:

Just started my xmas outfits! WOO HOOO! anywho, first one is done, just have to get the right size bottons for mr. snowman!
th_IMG_3220.jpg

I LOVE this! i also am going to do a snowman themed outfit! My dd4 LOVES Frosty! She watches it year round!:laughing:

Pumpkin Patch Pictures!!

DS didn't get a custom this time around, but he still had fun. Why do I sew, you ask... DD got half a dozen comments
(at each of the 3 places we went) about her outfit. She was very proud. When we were leaving the pumpkin patch she was holding my hand. She looked up at me and said, "Thanks for my pretty dress mom, I love it!! You're the best, mom!!" That's why I sew!!

th_IMG_2233.jpg

th_IMG_2275.jpg

th_IMG_2278.jpg

Love the outfit! Your kids are absolute cuties!:cutie:

That's the pattern I used for Parker's Barbie Island Princess dress too. I thought the pattern was very easy to follow as well.

BTW, Tessa's dress is gorgeous and you did an amazing job on it as well as all the applique's.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete the dress?
I really don't know! I started cutting it out a long time ago. I didn't get to work on it very often and I had a lot or projects going at once for a while. I'm no help here at all. I just don't have a clue how many hours I have into it.

Oh heather I did get some Of my list finished last night. And i got the none slip slipper grip at joanns you can byuy it bty and it's behind the cutting counter with the fusiable webbing and other head bond iteams. I don't know why you have to sew it on. Just ask for it and if they don't have any I have about hald a yard left I could send you.
Yay on getting some stuff finished! I went to bed after I PMed you last night. It was a good thing I did because both of the kids decided to get up earlier than usual. :coffee: I'll look for that non-slip stuff the next time I'm at Joann's. I don't have the fabric for his jammies yet, I'm just thinking I should make him something next.

This is just absolutely adorable! I'm so jealous!! I want one-:thumbsup2
Thank you!! Hey, did you get a new avatar and siggy pic? If so, YAY!!

Congrats on the tag TJ! but it seems to me that we could have some serious sibling rivalry now that you have a tag and your sweet, loving, dedicated sister does not! So.......

Now Heather needs a tag!!!

Hmmmmmm........... I'll bet we can come up with some good ones for her- can't we ladies?

The Challenge is: if YOU were the tag fairy..... what tag would you give Heather???

I'm not sure I like this....

OOOH OOOH OOOH OOH!!!! I HAVE ONE I HAVE ONE!!!!!!!

Once got her behind stuck in the toilet!

That was so funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yep, I KNEW I wouldn't like this!

How about this tag for Heather....

Original designer of the successfully popular "Cinderella surprised, yet suspicious" look clothing

I just about died laughing when I read that!
LOL!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! I gave myself the giggles.

But even though the line was short and there was noone else behind us they would NOT let Lily in.
Glad you're having fun!! But, what kind of mother are you to take your little girl to MK and not make sure she meets Mickey! :sad2: I guess when you get all famous, those kind of things just don't seem so important. :rotfl2:

That's a good one! But, yah know, she totally stolded my whole pumpkin fabric Cinderella dress idea! Little thief! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I admit, I stole the "concept". Teresa said the pumpkin fabric would make a cute Cinderella outfit. So, I took her idea. However, if Teresa spent less time planning and more time sewing, maybe we could all copy her more often! :rolleyes1

Just started my xmas outfits! WOO HOOO! anywho, first one is done, just have to get the right size bottons for mr. snowman!
th_IMG_3220.jpg
That's just so cute! It makes me look forward to Christmas, even if I'm spending it with the in-laws.

"Thanks for my pretty dress mom, I love it!! You're the best, mom!!" That's why I sew!!
th_IMG_2233.jpg
Oh, that's so incredibly sweet! I love the fabric you used for this outfit.

My fingers are starting to cramp! AND it makes it really hard to type!
:rotfl2: You just said that to make me laugh, didn't you?

WOW Heather this is BEAUTIFUL, just like your daughter!!! You did an outstanding job!!! It was definitely worth the wait......your dear sister just kept teasing us!!!
:banana:
Thank you so much! I can never hear enough people say my kids are cute!!:cutie:

I have the brother and love it!

I sew for all of the above reasons too. But I just made my sewing corner in my bedroom (behind closed doors, I'm a sewing sLoB!) where I have a daycare child napping. Thus, I can't sew till after "work".

I just want to do winter dresses (for Norah and me), hoodies, and sleep pants for the whole family. BUT, I REALLY want to collect fabric to do a Disney Eye-Spy quilt! We should do an exchange of some kind to share our scraps :rolleyes: Heyyyy, there's a great idea! :idea: I vote Heather and Theresa can be in charge of that...

I have access to some cheap Bambi fabric :flower3:
Hey now, what's with the quotes around work?! I worked in my mom's day care for quite a while and I can tell you that it's WORK! Actually, it's more like WORK You give yourself the credit you deserve! :cheer2:

As for the fabric exchange, I vote that Deann (tnmom25) be in charge of it. Yeah, that sounds good! Actually, it sounds like a neat idea. How would we go about doing this?

Just wanted to post a few things I've made recently.

IMG_3199.jpg
IMG_3200.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3204.jpg

I did the snowflake applique in a brushed felt material. It turned out ok, but I will not ever use this fabric again. It was a major pain to deal with!

IMG_3220.jpg

I love this set!! Is that snowman fabric from Joann's? I'm going to have to CASE! I am partial to the swing tops. (If you couldn't already guess that.) I need to get some more winter ideas. I have lots of ideas for Christmas, but not so many for Winter. Good job!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/hkite/Sewing/th
_10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg

This is GORGEOUS! I have to make myself learn to applique.

Has any one ever seen a Snow White peasant's dress? Or a Briar Rose (Aurora) in her drab dress? I wonder things like this when I'm reading to Norah our of her Princess Collection Story book.... OH! maybe a blue Aurora? Untapped market I guess!:confused3

I have been told that (by dd4) I need to make the Briar Rose dress & both of Belle's dresses. I personally think that Snow White's work dress would be really cute, too.

Ok, here's a question for you sewing ladies?????

How bad does it make me that I am sitting here wishing that I could play hooky from Bible study and stay home and sew????????:sad2:

I sooo know how you feel. A month or so ago I really wanted to skip Wednesday night church so I could sew. Then I got there & our teacher didn't even show up for class. :mad:

Pumpkin Patch Pictures!!

She was very proud. When we were leaving the pumpkin patch she was holding my hand. She looked up at me and said, "Thanks for my pretty dress mom, I love it!! You're the best, mom!!" That's why I sew!!

IMG_2233.jpg

I really like that fabric & I love what you did with it. This is also a big reason that I sew. I also sew because I can't stay home with my kids AND buy them the kinds of clothes I like. So I sew & I stay home & my girls think I'm sooo cool because I make them pretty clothes.

Just wanted to post a few things I've made recently.

IMG_3199.jpg
IMG_3200.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3204.jpg

I did the snowflake applique in a brushed felt material. It turned out ok, but I will not ever use this fabric again. It was a major pain to deal with!

OMG...these are sew cute too! How did you do the Christmas tee? Is that ric rack? That snowflake applique looks hard - I love the fabric too. Where is it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter