Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the cake I made for Sawyer's first birthday. I used crushed regular oreos mixed with crushed vanilla oreos for the "dirt". The road is just the regular chocolate oreos. I cut up some malted milk balls for rocks.

th_6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

Here he is eating it. I couldn't resist sharing!
th_6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg

Heather, that cake is great! I might have to use that in year or two. Sawyer looks so cute all messy!

Here is Lily's Valentine's dress. It is the portrait peasant dress pattern from YCMT made into the rumba dress version. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there are a lot of ruffles, but unlike a twirl skirt, they do not get bigger. They are all the same width so each layer I had to gather was not that large. These are the 4" ruffles. The (reversable) headband is from the free YCMT pattern you get when you sign up for their newsletter.

th_IMG_0123_edited-1.jpg

th_IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg

I love that dress! Those curls are just darling. I love seeing pictures of her!

My kids have elefun too and they like it. I think it's pointless too but they like it and I guess that's what counts. I love the pengiun clothes, too cute.

Well guys guess what. I went to Joann's today and bought my first sewing machine. It's a Singer Model # 4266 I think. The woman in Joann's said it was a good beginner sewer machine and guess what I get three free lessons on how to use it. The sewing machine people rent space in Joann's so the classes are actually right down the street. They also offer other classes for a fee but they have a sewing club that meets once a month and they sew little projects every month and I get that for free to for buying my machine from them. I am so excited. I really wanted the Disney brother that doesn't fit into my budget quite yet plus I have no experience in sewing yet so I talked myself out of it. Maybe in a couple of years. Anyway I start my lessons with the machine next month. But until I start my own customs I'm going to get some ideas from you all and admire everyone's work.

Laura

Whoo hoo! Get sewing! Free lessons are great! Where I got my one machine they offered them (and I should have taken) but it was over 2 hours away and I just decided not to mess with it, thus the reason I don't sew much, but I can applique!

I got a surprise call on friday to spend the weekend (at WDW) with some VERY dear family members. (I did not even have time to "whip up" some customs LOL) So my DD wore her "regular" clothes lol

th_christmasprincess.jpg

my DD had a WONDERFUL time with her cousins, and the all looked so cute waking through the park in their outfits. We stopped traffic several times lol.

Also as requested her is one of the outfits I made for DD'd Bitty Twin
th_100_3392.jpg

Cindee

I love all the doll outfits! Your daughter looks adorable too!

I made DD5 and DD4 dresses out of the blue Mickey winter fabric. I want to make DS2 a matching shirt. I bought him a white shirt with gray sleeves. I'm planning on appliquing a picture from the fabric. Problem is, I don't know which one to use. Here are three different pics.

Donald & Mickey sled riding and Goofy looking for them...
th_DSC07464.jpg

I also had the sled pointed down heading towards Goofy and him looking straight, so he didn't see them. I don't need to use two pics on the shirt. I can use one. I can put one on the back. Speaking of the back, I had Goofy going around the side of the shirt, but he wasn't big enough to pull it off. Any other suggestions?

I like this one, but switch it so mickey is on the left and goofy right, but doesn't see them. Do you want this for all winter or just around christmas? I thought it would be cute to turn the balls into christmas bulbs. I think a picture on the back top would be cute too.

I didn't like this dress the way it was so I changed it up a bit. I like it better now.
th_CIMG0495.jpg

This is the fabric that I bought to make a very special dress for DD.
And this is what I created with it.
th_CIMG0493.jpg

DD's holding her arms funny in the pic and you can't see the bow very well but it has a double layer bow at the bottom of the zipper. DD also says that it has a great twirl factor to it.

I liked the dress before and like it now! the added touches are cute! Tink is awesome!

Here are my 4 terrors just before xmas 07, we were on our way to have a photo with Santa. Starting form Jayden 8, Ash 3, Tahlia 6 and of course Blake.

th_kidspicsend07057.jpg
[/IMG]

I done the elf on Blakes o/alls, and i made a skirt for each of the girls, but jay didn't want me to make him anything as apparently he is too old :rolleyes:

Here is Tahlia modelling the skirt i made, it looks much prettier IRL as it is all sparkly and you can see more of the white under skri, which also has sparkles. I think it is the way she is standing, because you actually do see alot more of the under skirt and you can see the gathers better to.

th_kidspicsend07059.jpg
[/IMG]

Melissa.

I love the elf! That is adorable. I might have to do one similar!

47b8df27b3127cceb45a2966032600000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

My neice, Princess Lexi. This is her Xmas dress I made her. She got lots of raves over it. I put the bottom of the onesize back on it.

47b8df27b3127cceb45a296c032c00000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

While I'm at it, this is her Brother Todd. He just turned 9 and my buddy Kingdom Hearts pal. Just showing you how he'd make a "pretty girl". Sshhh... don't tell him I said that. He'll grow up to be a lady killer I'm sure.

I love the dress! Big brother will be a lady killer!

Thanks guys for all the compliments on Dallas' cake and birthday. It was alot of fun. Elefun sure must know how to appeal to the kids, I didn't realize that it was so popular, also couldn't believe the price tag the first time I saw it, yes, I am cheap!

I lost some quotes along the way. Brooklyn's party looked like fun. I loved all the sponge stuff and her dress. But i want to come to dinner, that looks delicious right now!

I missed the nemo dress the other day too, I am always off/on but seem to somehow skip pages even though I think I have seen them all! It is too cute!

I like this one, but switch it so mickey is on the left and goofy right, but doesn't see them. Do you want this for all winter or just around christmas? I thought it would be cute to turn the balls into christmas bulbs. I think a picture on the back top would be cute too.

Thanks for the help! I was going to do the top for Christmas, but since it's now January & I haven't done it, I'm rethinking my plan. It's an all-winter top.

I love that dress! The fabrics you used are beautiful together. Your niece is adorable and your nephew is pretty, too! :lmao:

How completely adorable!! I love the dress and the boots are great, too! I've been wanting to try the rhumba version for Tessa's valentine's dress, too! I have some sparkly heart fabric I want to use. Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to try it!

Well guys guess what. I went to Joann's today and bought my first sewing machine. It's a Singer Model # 4266 I think. The woman in Joann's said it was a good beginner sewer machine and guess what I get three free lessons on how to use it. The sewing machine people rent space in Joann's so the classes are actually right down the street. They also offer other classes for a fee but they have a sewing club that meets once a month and they sew little projects every month and I get that for free to for buying my machine from them. I am so excited. I really wanted the Disney brother that doesn't fit into my budget quite yet plus I have no experience in sewing yet so I talked myself out of it. Maybe in a couple of years. Anyway I start my lessons with the machine next month. But until I start my own customs I'm going to get some ideas from you all and admire everyone's work.

Laura
YAY!!!!!! How exciting!!! I can't wait to see what you do first!

I got a surprise call on friday to spend the weekend (at WDW) with some VERY dear family members. (I did not even have time to "whip up" some customs LOL) So my DD wore her "regular" clothes lol

th_christmasprincess.jpg
th_100_3392.jpg

Cindee
That poor, deprived child having to wear her "regular" (incredibly beautiful and fancy) clothes to WDW!! :rotfl2: Have I mentioned how jealous I am of all of you that can just cruise on over to Disney for the weekend on a whim?!

Donald & Mickey sled riding and Goofy looking for them...
I like this one. I'm thinking you should put Goofy looking at the sled as it's coming at him.
ETA: The picture dissapeared!!

I didn't like this dress the way it was so I changed it up a bit. I like it better now.
th_CIMG0495.jpg
th_CIMG0484.jpg
th_CIMG0493.jpg
th_CIMG0494.jpg
The first dress was cute before, but even cuter now! I LOOOOOVE the back of that Tinkerbell dress. It's amazing and worth the 2 broken needles!!

What a great looking bunch of kids!! I love the pretty skirt!! Very Cinderella mouse-made dress-ish!!

th_kidspicsend07106.jpg
[/IMG]
th_kidspicsend07107.jpg
[/IMG]
Imagine! A naked Webkinz!! How cute that you made clothes for them.
Tessa was a little terror until she was about 3 years old. Then, she calmed down some. I swear she got into anything and everything. You couldn't take your eyes off of her for a minute! So, I can feel for you!!

Here's the cake I made for Sawyer's first birthday. I used crushed regular oreos mixed with crushed vanilla oreos for the "dirt". The road is just the regular chocolate oreos. I cut up some malted milk balls for rocks.

6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg

I love the cake!! It turned out great. How cute is your little man. I love the first birthday pics.

Hey!!! Look at my ticker!! We're down to 3 months, 3 weeks, 6 days 'til our May 3-17, 15 family member Disney EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!

Wow, my very first double post on the new server. I was beginning to think you guys were just faking it to rack up those post #s!! LOL!

OK I feel really silly. I ran into a fellow Diser at CP on 12/3. When I got there I checked in and then wandered around taking pics. DH and DMOM told me there was someone there who recognized DDs custom. Before I left I walked around until I found her. We talked briefly, but when I got home I didn't recognize her from any posts. If you're out there, please say hi.:wave:

OK everyone, I'm trying to find fabrics for a Valentine tutu twirl skirt. Could you help me find some fabric!! I'm not finding any that jump out at me, KWIM?! Post any you've found , please!!

Yes I googled the movie and got some close up shots of the fabric. It appears to be Japanese inspired with beautiful flowers embroidered on the teal fabric. The under layers are like a cream chiffon. All VERY expensive I am sure. I say we need a ..... Road trip to NYC fabric district to find it!:cool1:

:rotfl: A NYC roadtrip DID occur to me yesterday as I was searching! I'm hoping to look tomorrow at some other stores. I am hoping for an Giselle "inspired" teal fabric. I have the pattern all wrote out, so as soon as I find the right fabrics, I'm ready to go!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate everyone on this thread! It's nice to have others to talk to that can understand where you are coming from! I, myself, had never heard of this, either! And unfortunately she can have NO otc meds because it can cause Reyes' syndrome(sp?) which is a life threatening illness!:scared1: She is having to just deal with it!:sad2: It's hard to see her so sick, I keep saying to my DH if I could just take the sickness away I would!

This makes me just want to cry for you and your little one. :hug:

Well this will be my last post for a few days... I'm sorry that I haven't posted any photos today, but I haven't sat down all day. I have been trying to run around and pack, and shop for our last minute items.
I wound up booking Pop Century, I wanted to stay somewhere else, but the girls wouldn't hear of it, and since it's Alexis's birthday trip, she got to choose. Technically her birthday isn't until the 22nd, but we are celebrating early.
A funny thing happened that I wanted to share. We ran into target this morning to get some white ruffle socks for the girls, and I found a 3 pack and bought them and left. When I got home and took them out of the package to wash them, I totally bought the wrong size. They were HUGE!! They were even too big for me. I put a pair of them on and walked around the house and made the girls laugh...:lmao: I don't know what I will do with them. Maybe I'll meet a cross dresser someday, who has VERY large feet...:rotfl:
Anyhow...this time tomorrow, we will be in Animal Kingdom!! I will post photos when I get back. Don't write too much while I'm gone!! Happy Sewing everyone!
Have fun! And that is funny about the socks!!!
47b8df27b3127cceb45a2966032600000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

My neice, Princess Lexi. This is her Xmas dress I made her. She got lots of raves over it. I put the bottom of the onesize back on it.

47b8df27b3127cceb45a296c032c00000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

While I'm at it, this is her Brother Todd. He just turned 9 and my buddy Kingdom Hearts pal. Just showing you how he'd make a "pretty girl". Sshhh... don't tell him I said that. He'll grow up to be a lady killer I'm sure.

That dress is GORGEOUS!! I love that style of skirt.

Her brother is adorable! I will NOT let Arminda see this picture!

Laura

YEAH on your machine!!!! Have fun with it!

christmasprincess.jpg

my DD had a WONDERFUL time with her cousins, and the all looked so cute waking through the park in their outfits. We stopped traffic several times lol.

Also as requested her is one of the outfits I made for DD'd Bitty Twin
100_3392.jpg

Cindee

Oh poor Megan in her rags!!! She looks beautiful Cindee, she is just a gorgeous child!

I love the Bitty Twin outfit!! Lydia says she really likes them too! (But, I must say, I'm missing Jord lately!)

I also had the sled pointed down heading towards Goofy and him looking straight, so he didn't see them.
This is my favorite idea!

Here are my 4 terrors just before xmas 07, we were on our way to have a photo with Santa. Starting form Jayden 8, Ash 3, Tahlia 6 and of course Blake.

th_kidspicsend07057.jpg
[/IMG]

th_kidspicsend07059.jpg
[/IMG]

Melissa.

All of your kids are so cute!!! I love that red hair!!!
Your daughter's skirt is really cute! I love the pink sparkles, and it's so pincessy!

Bell? What bell? Our WalMart doesn't have a bell in the fabric section. If there's no one there, you just have to wait an hour or so for someone to show up. Or, search the store for someone to find someone to help you. By the time you do that, there are 3 other people waiting and they go in front of you because you left the fabric department to find someone to help. :rolleyes:
You know, I've heard that some people get so tired of waiting, they just cut their own fabric!! :scared1:

Yeah, your trend has even made it to Michigan! I went to WalMart and looked for the princess pillowcase today. There are all sorts of princess sheet sets (probably 8 or so), but not a single princess pillowcase!! There were Ariel pillowcases, though. I'm thinking I should have got one.
They had them in Elkhart the other day. I didn't get one, but I thought about it. They also had HSM sheets which I was very tempted to buy!

He just keeps getting more handsome!!! What a cutie! I love that he shakes his presents to see if they're lego. Too funny! The penguin cake is really cute and so is the cupcake. Elefun is a great game. I'm thinking I should get it for the kids one of these days.
It's a fun game! We have had one since Corey was little. Not that I know where all the pieces are right at this moment though! Let's see, if it HAS to have a point and be educational, it teaches colors, hand eye coordination, counting, they get exercise, learn to work together so as not to bump into each other, cause and effect, and air flow currents. If anyone else can think of anything else, please feel free to post! ;)

th_6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

th_6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg

We just can't have too many pictures of my favorite nephew! He looks so much older now though!

I have been reading and not posting, still sick and crummy feeling. I did manage to go to Walmart and buy upolstery thread but the ruffler foot keeps coming off the arm. The hook thing I mean. I am going to give up and hand ruffle tomorrow.

I will go back and make appropriate comments at all the cute outfits and kids tomorrow I promise. The kids go back to school! :banana: :banana: :banana: (definitely a three banana minimum)

Hmm, I wish Heather and I could come over and help you work out that ruffler foot! I'm sorry you are still feeling so cruddy! Get better soon!

It's not a pattern. I used the peasant shirt link from your links and the apron was a copy of an old pattern that I saw online.

5467sp590.jpg

This is the pic that was online. I made it longer than what is on the pattern, but I need to shorten it some because it is longer than the dress.

WOW... what year did patterns retail for $2??? I really like that style. Did you find it on :wizard: or just go by the picture? I am really not that good:)

Okay, here's my Nemo outfit I made the other day. It is pretty much a CASE from someone on here (took me forever to find the little orange dots fabric) It may be forever before I get photos of her in it. I haven't even made bows yet and I can't decide what to do for pants/bottoms/leggings since it will likely be too chilly in DW to go bare-legged. I have a t-shirt from Wal-Mart that perfectly matches the lighter aqua blue color, but do they have the matching leggings? Of course not. Anyhow, I like how it turned out. I used 4 different Nemo fabrics, two non-Nemo, and the little iron-on Nemo on the bodice.

IMG_0118_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0119_edited-1.jpg

This Nemo is adorable. My DS 6 loves Nemo. When he saw this dress he said I should make one just like that for Katie.

DD is 6. I don't normally let her out in public dressed like a ballerina, but since it wasn't cold outside I decided that this was a battle that wasn't worth fighting.

I think she is adorable. I let me kid (My youngest DS Justin) out in public dressed in a lion costume for 6 months. Whenever anyone said anything he would say "I'm a puppy" :confused3 He called it his puppy suit. It was really cute when he wore it with bright green rain boots that looked like frogs. We turned a lot of heads! He has also been dressed as a Ninja pretty much daily since last Halloween. I tell myself I will miss his costumes when he grows out of this stage. It makes me feel a little better :laughing:

Dallas turned 5 last thursday and I am now just getting around to the pictures to post. I also have christmas to post!

100_3873.jpg

Him with his stuff! I don't have a good one of him standing in his outfit, I'll have to remember to put it on and take a picture one day.

Your party puts my birthday parties to shame :) It looks like your son had a great birthday.

Thank you! My pediatrician called this afternoon with test results and informed me she has aednovirus! It is a virus that infects all of your membranes! This is why she has an ear infection, pink eye, a sinus infection, and running very high fevers! Pretty scary considering there is NO meds for it. Just has to run its course! Her eye is so bad that she woke up this morning and it is black! She looks like she has been in a fight! Thanks for the hugs, she needs them! Sorry to ramble, but please if everyone doesn't mind saying a little prayer for her, I would really appreciate it! I'm hoping she heals quickly and my DD4 stays well as this virus is HIGHLY contagious!

I am so sorry your baby is so sick. She as well as your family are in my prayers.

Ty I looked and did not see one. Apparently I am n ot awake yet this morning. :upsidedow

How is your new little girl doing? She is 2 correct? It sounds like you are having a lot of fun dressing her up:) Have you heard anything about the little boy you were inquiring about?

Here is Lily's Valentine's dress. It is the portrait peasant dress pattern from YCMT made into the rumba dress version. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there are a lot of ruffles, but unlike a twirl skirt, they do not get bigger. They are all the same width so each layer I had to gather was not that large. These are the 4" ruffles. The (reversable) headband is from the free YCMT pattern you get when you sign up for their newsletter.

IMG_0123_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg

O My Goodness!!! I love, love, love this. I think I will try this pattern. I also love the fabric you choose.

Thanks. They are Moda fabrics. I got them at yummyfabrics.com I think it is fabrics plural.

I love Moda fabric. There is a nice quilt shop in my town that sells Moda and I have bought several yards. I made Katies Pumpkin Show dress in a brown and pink Moda fabric and I have 3 yards on my sewing table for a spring dress. It is beautiful fabric.

I also wanted to say I love the Belle dress Tom. Leigh is one lucky little girl. I am sure she looks like a princess in her new dress.

TheresaJoy- I tried to answer your question about Leanne's cheer leading a few pages back, but the server was acting crazy that day. Anyway- I do not think it will be televised. It is that kind of cheer you saw on TV, but it was not televised last year. One of last years comps was played on ESPN it was Americheer.

And since Heather posted a pic of Sawyer looking adorable on his first birthday, I thought I would share Miss. Katie on her first birthday.

katie.jpg

Here's what my girls wore for Thanksgiving. I know that was about 3 holidays ago. Better late than never. The dresses have nothing to do with Thanksgiving, but they like them....
DD4
StripworkDress1.jpg

DD5 twirling
StripworkDressTwirl.jpg

DD4 twirling (don't know why this is so dark)
StripworkDressTwirl1.jpg

DD4 thinking this was a good pose :confused3
StripworkDressLaying.jpg

The pics aren't the best. There was something on the lens.

Oh my goodness, what a little cutie! It looks like her frosting matched her dress, too! Good thinking! :thumbsup2

Such beautiful girls and such cute dresses!!
Are you trying to say that WASN'T a good pose?!;) Tessa thinks that posing for pictures involves doing really strange things with her hands. So, it's a good thing she forgets to "pose" most of the time.

Hey!!! Look at my ticker!! We're down to 3 months, 3 weeks, 6 days 'til our May 3-17, 15 family member Disney EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!

WOW!!! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! ME TOO!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow, my very first double post on the new server. I was beginning to think you guys were just faking it to rack up those post #s!! LOL!

:welcome: to the club!!!!

I think she is adorable. I let me kid (My youngest DS Justin) out in public dressed in a lion costume for 6 months. Whenever anyone said anything he would say "I'm a puppy" :confused3 He called it his puppy suit. It was really cute when he wore it with bright green rain boots that looked like frogs. We turned a lot of heads! He has also been dressed as a Ninja pretty much daily since last Halloween. I tell myself I will miss his costumes when he grows out of this stage. It makes me feel a little better :laughing:

TheresaJoy- I tried to answer your question about Leanne's cheer leading a few pages back, but the server was acting crazy that day. Anyway- I do not think it will be televised. It is that kind of cheer you saw on TV, but it was not televised last year. One of last years comps was played on ESPN it was Americheer.

And since Heather posted a pic of Sawyer looking adorable on his first birthday, I thought I would share Miss. Katie on her first birthday.

katie.jpg

How cute about your son and his costumes!!
Was your daughter in the competition that was telvised?

Katie looks so adorable, then and now!!

IMG_0123_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg

My quote for this disapeared the first time around!
I LOOOOOVE this dress! The fabrics are fantastic!! Your little girl is such a doll!

th_CIMG0495.jpg

This is the fabric that I bought to make a very special dress for DD.
th_CIMG0484.jpg

And this is what I created with it.
th_CIMG0493.jpg

And this is the back and the reason that I broke 2 sewing needles.
th_CIMG0494.jpg

DD's holding her arms funny in the pic and you can't see the bow very well but it has a double layer bow at the bottom of the zipper. DD also says that it has a great twirl factor to it.

I liked the dress before, but I really love it now!! It looks even better!

The Tink dress is fantastic!! I love those ruffles!! Those fabrics look really nice together! You did a great job!

And, Melissa, I love those princess fabrics you got!!! Those are really pretty!

We are having really weird weather here! There was 2+ feet of the snow on the ground yesterday, today, there are just a few little patches out there! It's raining, and the temperature just hit 60 degrees!!!! CRAZY! This all made for an extrmely dense fog the entire day!

WOW!!! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! ME TOO!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We are having really weird weather here! There was 2+ feet of the snow on the ground yesterday, today, there are just a few little patches out there! It's raining, and the temperature just hit 60 degrees!!!! CRAZY! This all made for an extrmely dense fog the entire day!
WHOAH!! How weird is that?!

This weather is CRAZY! We got groceries at WalMart on Westmain today and the fog was so thick we could hardly see on our way home. It was kinda scary!

I just e-mailed you pictures of that fabric, so check your e-mail if you haven't.

Those warm temps are coming my way! Whoohoo! Bring it on!

Here's what my girls wore for Thanksgiving. I know that was about 3 holidays ago. Better late than never. The dresses have nothing to do with Thanksgiving, but they like them....
DD4
th_StripworkDress1.jpg

DD5 twirling
th_StripworkDressTwirl.jpg

DD4 twirling (don't know why this is so dark)
th_StripworkDressTwirl1.jpg

DD4 thinking this was a good pose :confused3
th_StripworkDressLaying.jpg

The pics aren't the best. There was something on the lens.

CUTE dresses and adorable girls! I love your 4 year olds "pose"!!!

WHOAH!! How weird is that?!

This weather is CRAZY! We got groceries at WalMart on Westmain today and the fog was so thick we could hardly see on our way home. It was kinda scary!

I just e-mailed you pictures of that fabric, so check your e-mail if you haven't.

Brian left for church this morning, and then about 10 minutes later, I heard someone coming into the house. I was getting dressed for the meeting. I was a little scared! But, it was just Brian coming back home because it was way too foggy to go anywhere!

I got the picture. That fabric is gorgeous!

You two cracky me up! (I haven't used that term in awhile.)

hehe We cracky ourselves up too! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter