Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would share Sam's tonka truck cake. I made it for his 1st Bday. I used brown sugar and cake crumbles for "sand" and oreos for wheels.
297197578.jpg

That's a great cake too!! Was that one just for him??

I wanted to add that dh and I never got to see national treasure- his brother needed help. But for work yesterday I took 3 of my ladies to see Enchanted!!!! It was really cute!! Those dresses are made to be CASEd!!! I love the first curtain dress :)

Jham - love both the Nemo and Valentine's dress for Lily. It inspired me to drive to the quilt shop and get some nice Vday fabric.

Here is the Valentine's fabric that I picked up at the quilt shop. They are made by Moda. They have the paisleys in red, pink, white, and green, tons of different dots and stripes, and candy heart with scroll work in the background. They were all soo cute it was hard to decide. I went with these because they weren't specific Valentine's Day but more just general hearts so I thought the girls could wear them longer.

disboutique103.jpg

Dallas turned 5 last thursday
100_3902.jpg

This where my dorky-ness comes in, but Dallas loves little things like this. The plate for cake.

100_3918.jpg

Dorky decorations, I had penguins all over the house and he insists on leaving them hanging up!

100_3858-1.jpg

A cupcake I was fooling around with after I frosted the cake.

11.jpg
Dallas' Birthday party was soooo original, fantastic & looks fun!! Love, love, love it!! You are very creative! Can I hire you for ds(3) BDay in Feb? I can only pay out in Disney 6x6 fabric squares, though? Ha ha!

Here's the cake I made for Sawyer's first birthday. I used crushed regular oreos mixed with crushed vanilla oreos for the "dirt". The road is just the regular chocolate oreos. I cut up some malted milk balls for rocks.

6-16-07Sawyers1stbirthdaycakeside.jpg

Here he is eating it. I couldn't resist sharing!
6-16-07Messyeatingcake.jpg
Another original Mommy with creative talents & one fabulous cake! Yummo! Great job!

popup_1723.jpg

Alright I think this is the "design" I will try first with modifications of course ;) Ds and Dh both liked it. I'm going to use real "CARS" cars and add the monster jam infield.
THANKS EVERYONE for the great ideas and help!!
Loving the boys party ideas! I like this cake, it looks like it'd be fun to make. On the inside track, are you putting those 'Cars' that are from the very end of the movie? Like Buzz, Woody, & Ham? We have those & my boys love 'em.

Just thought I would share Sam's tonka truck cake. I made it for his 1st Bday. I used brown sugar and cake crumbles for "sand" and oreos for wheels.
297197578.jpg
Another, yet another talented & fabulous Mommy! Kuddos! Love it!

Hey!!! Look at my ticker!! We're down to 3 months, 3 weeks, 6 days 'til our May 3-17, 15 family member Disney EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!
Congrats!! I bet you're about ready to break out the count down calendar in your house! woo hoo! Is the rest of the crew getting excited?

You two cracky me up! (I haven't used that term in awhile.)
I ditto that to Teresa Joy & Heather Sue, you are two silly sisters! Oh, almost, but couldn't possibly forget.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!That's for both Disney 4 Me & myself! Guess what I bought myself for my Birthday? A princess pillow case!!! It's so pertty, & makes me happy with all it's colors. My inner 7 y.o. is jumping up & down excited! I think I'm using it for the applique on the front of my retro Cinderella apron. After I pick up the boys, we'll work on the chocolate bundt for dessert. Then I rented Nanny Diaries to watch with while DH bathes the boys (whether he's game for the task or not, he he!)

Yep, that's about right. :laughing: I think it will be that way. I feel bad for my 4th grade son, though. WHY do they have to have the National Championship game on a SCHOOL NIGHT?! He is usually in bed by 8 and I think it starts at 8. Poor baby :(
Anyway, GO BUCKEYES!!!

I feel the same way. I do not know why it has to start so late??? Actually, I heard on the news it is so the game airs during prime time and more money is made.

I am going to let me older son Cameron stay up and watch the game with his dad. The rest of us will be fast asleep and will not know the Buckeyes fate until the morning. That is unless DH wakes me up to share the good news :)

I had all of the kids in OSU today at the zoo. They looked so cute. Katie was wearing her OSU tutu and literally stopped traffic a few times. I will try to post a picture, but my camera and computer do not like each other.

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if you could just say a prayer for my step brother and his wife - they got a call last night to come up to philly as there was a newborn ready for adoption - the baby was born 12/26 and is in foster care right now - they are supposed to go and get him at 2pm. The baby's mom was addicted to cocaine and meth but Im not sure how far into the pregnancy she took it - it could be a long road or, he could be just fine - time will tell!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy:)

I will definitely pray for your brother and sister in law. I remember going to the hospital to pick up Katie like it was yesterday. It is such an exciting time. My youngest son was drug exposed and is now a happy, healthy and perfectly rotten 6 year old. :lovestruc Best of luck to the three of them!

I feel the same way. I do not know why it has to start so late??? Actually, I heard on the news it is so the game airs during prime time and more money is made.

I am going to let me older son Cameron stay up and watch the game with his dad. The rest of us will be fast asleep and will not know the Buckeyes fate until the morning. That is unless DH wakes me up to share the good news :)

I had all of the kids in OSU today at the zoo. They looked so cute. Katie was wearing her OSU tutu and literally stopped traffic a few times. I will try to post a picture, but my camera and computer do not like each other.

I bet they looked great!

My DS goes to a private school, but they just emailed and said they could dress down in OSU or LSU (?! What?! lol!!) tomorrow.

I am going to try and stay up. I just want it to be a good game--no blowouts either way.

I have a question - I want to make a strip work jumper but instead of the straps going over the shoulders I want to do the halter style where the elastic is across the back... can someone assist me in altering my pattern to do so?

Thanks!!!

Kristina

I made this for my daughter:

100_1573.jpg

100_1574.jpg

It is two pieces, but you could easily add the strips to the bottom. It is McCalls M5088 and easy.

Oh, almost, but couldn't possibly forget....[SIZE="7[COLOR="Lime"]"]HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![/COLOR][/SIZE] That's for both Disney 4 Me & myself! Guess what I bought myself for my Birthday? A princess pillow case!!! It's so pertty, & makes me happy with all it's colors. My inner 7 y.o. is jumping up & down excited! I think I'm using it for the applique on the front of my retro Cinderella apron. After I pick up the boys, we'll work on the chocolate bundt for dessert. Then I rented Nanny Diaries to watch with while DH bathes the boys (whether he's game for the task or not, he he!)

Thanks for the birthday wishes and RIGHT BACK AT YA!!!!

After work, we're heading to my parents for a birthday dinner. It's nice not having to cook (although DH does most of the cooking around our house). My kids are very excited to sing Happy Birthday to me. That's all I have planned. Pretty tame.

I have a question - I want to make a strip work jumper but instead of the straps going over the shoulders I want to do the halter style where the elastic is across the back... can someone assist me in altering my pattern to do so?
Thanks!!!
Kristina

I am working on an outfit right now (will post Thursday night!!) using the stripwork bodice. I hadn't attatched the straps to the back yet so when DD tried it on, I just tied it. I always modify the back with elastic, no matther how the straps are. I'll try to explain how I do it. I'm horrible at explaining things so, if I butcher this maybe someone else can help!!

- Get your daughter's chest measurement. Then measure a piece of fabric about an 2 inchs or so wider than the bodice. Measure the bodice from the bottom to where the arm hole curve starts. Make the piece 1 1/2 inch longer than that measurement. For DD her bodice measures 13 inches wide and the length is say three inches. I would cut a fabric strip at least 15 inches long by 4 1/2 inches. Still with me?
- Fold over 1 1/2 inches (lengthwise) and press. Stitch a line a little wider than the elastic you will be using. Take your daughter's chest measurement and subtract the bodice measurement from it (13 in this case). My DD has a chest measurement of 22" and the bodice is 13". You are left with 9" this is your elastic measurement. Insert elastic into the casing you made, stitch close. Attatch the bodice to your back (right sides tohether.) I hope this all makes sense!! Here's a picture of a bodice like this. It's not a halter style though.

IMG_1859-1.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg

I've been looking online for fabric for Enchanted dress #2...the beautiful turquiose colored one.... Do you think this looks close? I wish it didnt have the dark blue strip....
http://www.housefabric.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=17837

Anyone else want to join in on the hunt for the perfect fabric??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Try these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-2-Yds-Dressy-...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

http://cgi.ebay.com/29-x-44-BLUE-JA...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-Jacquard-H...ryZ71211QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one is gorgeous!! But $$$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-SILK-Brocad...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

So I actually went and looked at the dress from the movie instead of trying to remember what it looks like! That is going to be hard to match!!

How's these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIVID-TURQUOISE...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Scroll down in this one to see the turquoise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stunning-Chines...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

I am looking for something like polyester for girls PJ bottoms. Something in pastels. Spring like print. Any ideas where to start looking?

Hi Dreamer and Wisher Nancy!!!

Thank you so much for the mickey fabric squares I got in the mail today!!! I LOVE them!!! They are perfect for my project!!! I am very greatful and thank you for your generosity!!!

If anyone else has any scraps (seriously, they dont have to be big) of any disney fabric (monsters, cars, mickey and co, pooh, incredibles, tink, princesses - anything disney!!) that they are willing to part with, I'd LOVE to have it - Im trying to get together 40 different fabrics so I can cut them into Mickey heads of different sizes and then applique them to a sweatshirt for my big 40 birthday ( I have to do something to keep me feeling young, right). When I get it done, Im going to wear it to work and surprise the kids (I work at duPont Childrens Hospital) and they can play I spy with Miss Wendy's sweatshirt!! Right now, they love to do that with the Jibbitz on my crocs!!

By the way - all you crafty people - has anyone made their own Jibbitz/shoe charms for crocs?

Thanks so much!!

Wendy:goodvibes
Hey, Wendy,
I have lots I can send you. PM me your address and I will ship them out.
Susan

I am looking for something like polyester for girls PJ bottoms. Something in pastels. Spring like print. Any ideas where to start looking?

Are you looking for something silky, or just something fire-retardant?

I usually get stuff like that in the clothuing fabrics at JoAnn or the equivalent. I got a really cute poly-satin with tink and friends on it at JoAnn about a month ago...but it wasn't pastels. It was royal purple.

Hi Friends,

I was wondering if you could just say a prayer for my step brother and his wife - they got a call last night to come up to philly as there was a newborn ready for adoption - the baby was born 12/26 and is in foster care right now - they are supposed to go and get him at 2pm. The baby's mom was addicted to cocaine and meth but Im not sure how far into the pregnancy she took it - it could be a long road or, he could be just fine - time will tell!!!

Thanks so much, Wendy:)

Ooh, how exciting!! I hope the baby is healthy and that all goes well!!

297197578.jpg
It's FABULOUS!!! Your little guy is such a cutie, too!!

Congrats!! I bet you're about ready to break out the count down calendar in your house! woo hoo! Is the rest of the crew getting excited?
I don't know. I know I am, and so are our kids!!! Henry certainly isn't- he hates Disney. I know, how could I have married someone that hates Disney?!:scared1: I'm embarassed for him. :rotfl:

22.gif
Happy birthday Sondra!!!!
22.gif

(AKA: Cindy B Good, AKA: Backlot Cindy ;) )

------------------------------
17.gif
8.gif

I was in JoAnne's tonight. They are getting in a lot new Disney fabrics. I saw about 3 different Buzz Lightyear. A couple of Tinks. One was satin. Our store still had them on the cart to be put out.

Thanks for the birthday wishes and RIGHT BACK AT YA!!!!

After work, we're heading to my parents for a birthday dinner. It's nice not having to cook (although DH does most of the cooking around our house). My kids are very excited to sing Happy Birthday to me. That's all I have planned. Pretty tame.
4.gif

To you, too!!

I've been looking online for fabric for Enchanted dress #2...the beautiful turquiose colored one.... Do you think this looks close? I wish it didnt have the dark blue strip....
http://www.housefabric.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=17837

Anyone else want to join in on the hunt for the perfect fabric??? :confused3 :rotfl2:
I think the dress in the movie was more of a teal silk embroidered with gold flowers. Then, it had a chiffon underskirt. Teresa has been searching for "the perfect fabric" since we saw the movie. I have some that is fairly close that I want to use to make Tessa a dress with (but I don't know if I have enough). I got it at JoAnn on clearance a few months ago for $2.50/yard and it's real silk!! Here's a picture of it:
Gisellesjadedress.jpg
bluegreensilk.jpg

If anyone has any of this fabric and you're willing to part with it, please let Teresa or me know!!!!

I'd say this one is the closest match, but with shipping it's $14.50/yard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter