Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got it finished! It is 4 x 6. I made it for uor upcoming cruise, so I know pretty much what characters we will see. Thankfully it is a lot less than Disney! Those books can get pretty big! The last picture is a metal lunchbox I plan on carrying it in. Since we will be on the ship, I don't have to worry about rain!
I covered 4 x 6 chipboard and punched 2 holes in every piece. The book rings are 2 1/2 inches, they are hard to see because I covered them with ribbons.
Disney015.jpg

Disney021.jpg

Disney047.jpg

OH MY HEART! THIS is GORGEOUS! Great job! I really want to do this now.

I don't know about sewing but I have used some beautiful ribbon for ribbon t-shirts and such before and after I cut my desired length I pulled the wire out. I also see some of the most fantastic ribbon that is wired and I just remove it before I make shirts or hair bows with it.

Awesome! I don't mean to sound stupid, but I didn't even consider taking the wire out! DUH! Thanks!

I would add that I machine baste where the seams come together before poking the elastic through. It really helps it go through quickly without hangups. Then you remove the basting when done.

I like this one the best. Did you make the skorts or just embellish them? They are really cute!

So, you just baste the casing... thread the elastic... stitch the casing closed... then remove the basting stitches? I'm always getting my elasting hungup and it bugs the bejeebers out of me!

I bought the skorts on clearance at WM for $2 then just embellished them. I'm taking leggings in case it gets cold at the MVMCP.

Disney lovinfamily,

I am so sorry and scared for you. You have such a sweet little famly, and I know this will be a great hardship and sacrifice for all of you. No words can express the honor and pride I feel for all of our "soldiers" who serve and protect this country. May God hold you all safe.

Somehow I missed the directions on how to make an autograph book and I spent hours last night looking for it and can't find it....can someone direct me, please????

Thanks
Susan

So, you just baste the casing... thread the elastic... stitch the casing closed... then remove the basting stitches? I'm always getting my elasting hungup and it bugs the bejeebers out of me!

I bought the skorts on clearance at WM for $2 then just embellished them. I'm taking leggings in case it gets cold at the MVMCP.

Here is a picture on page 7. I was almost in tears once because I couldn't get the elastic through so now I baste every time.

The skorts are super cute and will look so nice with the ribbon and Mickey heads on them. They might need the leggings so that's a good idea too.

Here's a pic just for a little cuteness to start your day.

school07-08011.jpg

This is so cute. My DD let or lab out on the deck this morning. When I got home I saw Chloe perched on the deck wagging her tail. We live in a condo so I know I am going to her about it!:sad2:

ETA- I was gone for 15 minutes.

I'm so far behind that I can't even begin to comment on everything I've seen. You ladies just rock, plain and simple! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tink - All of Gracie's outfits are just adorable. She is going to be so darn cute at Disney! Have a wonderful trip.

Aimeeg - WOW! That Belle dress is amazing!!

Now, I have to share my High School Musical outfits that I made for the girls when they go to HSM on Ice in two weeks.
Jeans front
th_sarahhsm2.jpg

Jeans back
th_sarahhsm3.jpg

Jeans back
th_abbyhsm4.jpg

th_abbyhsm3.jpg

These are awesome and so cool for the older set! Your girls are going to turn heads in those outfits.

knock knock knock.

Boy, you people are hard to find! I looked at Creative DISigns, and at the Arts and Crafts board, and finally decided to check family. Now I only have (how many pages is it?) to comb through.

Welcome!

I had this 3/4 way done and finished it last night.

DD loves it becuase it is a "Minnie Mouse" dress. I even let her wear her MM shoes to school. I was worried about it being to summerie but it is supposed to be over 90 degrees so I think she will be okay.

I am really working on completing projects.

Boat042.jpg

Boat043.jpg

Boat048.jpg

I know we've talked about this before, but does anyone know where they sell the mouse ear clippies? I know there are some on eBay, but someone mentioned a store where you can buy them, but I can't remember where it was. We fly to Orlando on Saturday, and I wanted to get some before we go on the cruise.

Thanks!

They sell them in the parks and DTD. I saw them at MGM and the World of Disney Store.

Ok, first of all, these pics aren't great, but I hope they will serve their purpose. I've finished skorts for Emma & Rylee to wear to MVMCP and now I need help deciding on their shirts. Two things to keep in mind: 1) I'm going to add a Santa hat to the ears 2) I plan to add the same ribbon around the waistband of the shirt.

Here are my choices thus far:

1: Red dot ribbon w/gold ricrac ~ my dd16 thinks this is too much red. I think it ties in well with the skirt and sheer red dot ribbon on the skirt. But, will it be too much red after the santa hat is added?

2: Christmas plaid (red/green/gold) w/gold ricrac

3: Christmas plaid w/sheer red dot ribbon ~ The same ribbon used on the skirt for the bow

4: Christmas plaid w/gold ricrac & sheer red dot ribbon

5: Any other ideas?

I would love to know what you guys think! I think you all are very talented and your opinions mean a lot to me. Even those of you that don't sew, you definitely have an eye for style!!

christmasidea10.jpg

christmasidea3.jpg

christmasidea5.jpg

Christmasidea2.jpg

christmasidea6.jpg

christmasidea7.jpg

I like the top one best.... all are very cute, though!

Here's a pic just for a little cuteness to start your day.

school07-08011.jpg

Too Cute! Thanks for sharing!

DD loves it becuase it is a "Minnie Mouse" dress. I even let her wear her MM shoes to school. I was worried about it being to summerie but it is supposed to be over 90 degrees so I think she will be okay.

Boat042.jpg

Boat043.jpg

Boat048.jpg

Love it with the shoes.... GREAT job!

Boat042.jpg

Boat043.jpg

Boat048.jpg

Aimee - I love this dress!! What pattern did you use and where did you get the black dot material? I may have to CASE this one!! I love the flower at the waist too! Gorgeous!

Aimee - I love this dress!! What pattern did you use and where did you get the black dot material? I may have to CASE this one!! I love the flower at the waist too! Gorgeous!

The pattern was McCalls 5089. It was pretty straight forward. I just put off doing it because Belle was more exciting!!!

The fabric and the flower came from our NYC trip. I think black and white polka dots would be just as cute. At Hancocks the have some pin on flowers.

CASE Away!

Boat042.jpg

Boat043.jpg

Boat048.jpg

Adorable!!!

Just got this fabulous outfit. It is the Queen of Hearts for Halloween. My oldest will be alice and my boy will be the white rabbit!
Excuse the hair she just got home from Pre-school!
IMG_2878.jpg

I love this, love most angel sophie tutu's....Great family theme as well!

My DD who JUST turned 3 is at 40 inches tall...COOL RIDES this year! She is in a 4T and size 10 shoes- and I don't buy too big shoes! I had to take a copy of her birth certificate last year to WDW because she was "free" and I didn't want any looks from the CM's.

My 3 1/2 yr old is in a 4/5 & 42 inches tall. I took her to the dentist and he thought she was my 5 yr old.

Utahmama, everytime you post, I have to smile at your tag "What in the Sam Hill is going on" My late grandfather said that all the time. :goodvibes

I have the opposite problem. Ds is 36" tall 32 lbs. and will turn 2 on Saturday. People give us looks sometimes because he is playing in the 2 and under area at the museum, or he has a paci. I even had the nurse at my doctors ask me if he was 3 and that was a good 4 months ago or more. :eek: His bday is after the shcool cut off so he will be older in his class to start school. He will look like a giant I am sure.

All my kids are tall but my oldest son has been tall from birth. At 9 mos, we would go to restaurants and the hosts would give him crayons thinking he was old enough for them. I always had to tell them thanks but he will just eat them. :rotfl: He has always been one of the tallest in class. I am 5'3 and he is aboutas tall as me at 10.

Thanks so much. It was a really fun project that my DD participated in. I am happy to share it with anyone. I have gotten an email a day since April asking for it! I never thought that would happen. I guess it was a hit.

We are gonna use this for a trip. I think it is GREAT! Thanks for sharing and go get some sleep....:lmao:

My wife has hers laminated. Let me rephrase that. My wife sent me to the Officemax to laminate them.

This made me :lmao:

When I was at the concierge this weekend at the Beach Club, a lady walked up and asked, when is going to stop raining. The CM laughed but the lady insisted she was serious. "You know everything else, don't you know when it will stop raining?" she demanded. The CM stopped laughing and said, "In the summer it can rain every day between 4pm and 7pm." The lady said, "Ok, 7pm then. Thank you" and walked away. I was laughing at her all the way to my room.

That is HILARIOUS! :rotfl:

Boat042.jpg

Boat043.jpg

Boat048.jpg

It's very cute!!

I am not good at the multi quote so I lost a few....
disneylovinfamily, my thoughts and prayers are with your family....:sad1:

My almost 10 year dd (birthday is Oct 2) was 42lbs and 48" at the Drs last Tuesday.

Ok my DD sounds like a giant next to yours.... She is GOING to be 5 in December. She is 51 pounds and 47". She grew 2 inches over the summer alone, and I think she is about to have another growth spurt. She always gets a little round in the middle and then shoots up. :-)

it's actually kind of hard because people always think she is much older then she was actually. When she was 3 people would ask me if she was 6, now they think she is 7 or 8. but...nope...she just thinks that she is. ;)

maura

Ok, uber geek help here. My wife prints EVERYTHING out in color. We go through ink likes there's no tomorrow. I used to refill catridges because of this, but I found a great place to get replacement ink. It is one of those things that seem 'too good to be true' but actually is on the level. The site is http://private.abacus24-7.com

The ink I buy costs 13-14 dollars in the store, and about 1.43 here on this site. I buy sets of 4 or more at a time to save on ink. I've referred many people to this site and everyone has been happy with their new ink.

Thank you! I have 2 colors of ink on my "to buy list" so I went right over and placed an order. I got those 2 color plus a full replacement pack for just about the same price that I would have paid for the 2 cartridges at Staples.
too bad I wasn't a bit more patient so I could have seen the disccount code you posted. :sad2:

Since we were on the topic of autograph books I need some advice on the ones that I am doing.

Stepmom3 or any other scrapbookers: I have made the covers on some type of heavy, chipboard type material. My question is what do I use to 'cover' the paper so it all stays nice, Mogpodge, laminate it? What do you all usually do? Here are the covers:

th_disboutique039.jpg

Here is my daughter's halloween costume and my first adventure with satin. It wasn't too bad except the sleeves b/c the pins kept sliding out.

th_disboutique041.jpg

Great job on your autograph books! I see that others have answered and everyone is right. You can do any of the things you mentioned or you can just leave them as is. I like ModPodge, but just be aware that if your covers are very lumpy, it will take several coats to really seal everything. It does dry pretty quickly though. The costume is beautiful!

When I was at the concierge this weekend at the Beach Club, a lady walked up and asked, when is going to stop raining. The CM laughed but the lady insisted she was serious. "You know everything else, don't you know when it will stop raining?" she demanded. The CM stopped laughing and said, "In the summer it can rain every day between 4pm and 7pm." The lady said, "Ok, 7pm then. Thank you" and walked away. I was laughing at her all the way to my room.

OH MY! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I finally got it finished! It is 4 x 6. I made it for uor upcoming cruise, so I know pretty much what characters we will see. Thankfully it is a lot less than Disney! Those books can get pretty big! The last picture is a metal lunchbox I plan on carrying it in. Since we will be on the ship, I don't have to worry about rain!
I covered 4 x 6 chipboard and punched 2 holes in every piece. The book rings are 2 1/2 inches, they are hard to see because I covered them with ribbons.
th_Disney015.jpg

th_Disney021.jpg

th_Disney047.jpg

I love it! Are those Disney papers that you used? I saw some by Imaginesce (or maybe Reminice) in the black/red/yellow combo that would be perfect, but I've yet to find them anywhere in stock. DD and I were talking about her autograph book the other day and she wants a CD album on a ring. Do you think that will be big enough for the characters to sign easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter