Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink561

DIS Veteran
OK, so be gentle! This is my FIRST attempt at sewing and using a pattern! :eek: My MIL usually does all the sewing, but I have her so loaded down doing other vacation outfits, I thought I'd try a simple on on my own. Nothing fancy AT ALL, but I'm happy that I actually finished it!

greenmickey.jpg

greenback.jpg

The ruffles are SO bad, but if she moves real fast and you aren't too close up, I think don't anyone will notice! ;)

Great job, I love it!

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 3 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1342831.

The thread is continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733993

ok, someone posted the mickey pirate head. I too made a make shift pattern for the scarf, but have it going th other direction. Here is a pirate mickey tutu outfit I just made! It is so adorable. and for winter I though of putting black leggins underneath!

IMG_2640.jpg
I love it!

Alikat – where did your mom get the mickey hands and head fabric? It looks like that sheet set we were discussing the other day.
Yep, you got it! It's the sheet fabric from Disneyshopping.com.

Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

This isn't one of my DDs, but my niece who was "modeling" the finished product before my mom (Nana) sent them to the girls. I was so excited, I just couldn't wait for them to just be mailed!!:lmao:

RileyPiratedress.jpg

I don't have a pic of the back, but it has a zipper up the back, with a red/white polka dot tie in the middle of the back. Really cute!

Thank you... that dress is stunning... wow... I simply adore it...

I just wanted to add that I get my striped tights (black/white, orange/black, red/white) tights at Target every year. They are waaay cheaper than the Childrens Place.

Do they usually have them out for Halloween? Are they usually in the Halloween section or just the socks/hosery section? Thanks!

Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

That is too adorable! My youngest loves Little Einsteins almost as much as she loves JoJo.

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Amazing work!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

Awesome! I love the tree, and Rocket.
Great Job! Cute fabrics too.

OMG!!!!!! I absolutely love those!!!!! My dd2 loves LE and I wished I had made her something like this instead of Little Mermaid for MGM! I'll have to keep these in mind for next trip!

I bet your DD was in heaven with that set. I love all the details!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

This is AMAZING! I can see why you would be teary eyed - it is just WOW! My DD would LOVE that!

My Local JoAnn's had them last year ... I haven't had time to check again this year yet, but I remember the packages had $2.99 printed on them as this regular price. They were regular thickness, not too thin. :)

These places offer them for $6-8 ... (+shipping?)
http://www.halloweenstreet.com/Accessories/StockingsPantyhoseAndShoeCover/
http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/KidsTights.htm
http://www.halloweenexpress.com/striped-tights-choices-p-8189.html
Here's the search I made to find those places.

When I find seriously groovy tights, that are not in children's sizes = I sometimes use a small adult size tights on my 5yr old ... I just stitch off a bit of the leg/foot&trim ... they fit her just fine, in the legs ... sometimes, they are a bit long in the torso, but manageable. :) good luck.

My DD was two last year. I was able find older girls tights but nothing that would come close to fitting her. Last year she was a 3T. She planned on being Dorothy for Halloween but, when we got to Target she wanted to be the witch instead. She wore a black witch costume, hat, broom, black and white tights and ruby red slippers.

OK I *love* these types of skirts..Ihavn't been able to figure out though how/where you are attaching the tulle layer! I am a visual learner, maybe you can take a pic with the 1st layer lifted up so I can see the next layer LOL

& Aimee G Thanks so much for posting the pirate head Mickey! I am using it for my Sons outift!

Thanks! I am glad you liked it. I am thinking my girls need them too! Oh well, what is two more shirts. hahaha

Ok, I've been gone all day, and I haven't caught up yet, so I'm not sure if my mom already answer this. Anyway, I think that she did so most of the pirate scarves by hand.
The one thing that is a bit different about these scarves are that they aren't appliqued on, they are more "3D", I guess you could say. I think that she tucked one piece of fabric under the mickey head, then gathered and knotted the fabric and they hand-stitched it all the way around. I'll see if I can take a close up of the pirate mickey head.

Okay, I'm only 70 pages behind now, I must catch up today! :rotfl:

I hit my nearest Joanne's this morning and they must have restocked or something because they had tons of Disney fabrics that I'd never seen in store. Novelty/Licensed fabrics are currently 30% off, but I've spent a fortune in the last month on sewing (including a new machine!) so I didn't buy my usual 3 yards and really tried to by what I "needed." :laughing: I thought I'd share what I found and my plans, though my next project is another halloween tulle skirt, third time's the charm, right?

DSC00715.jpg

I plan to do an apron dress for my 8 year old with this one (I got the inspiration from here). I think I'll edge it in white and go for a mod look.

DSC00714.jpg

I was unsure on this one, I'm thinking shorts for the 2 year old with a spaghetti strap top. Nothing too fancy as it seems more casual summer days so I'll probably save it and make it a 3T for next year.

DSC00713.jpg

Another Pooh print. This one I like, but have no idea what to do with it? Any suggestions? I didn't buy a lot, but it's for the 2 year old so I don't really need a lot.

DSC00710.jpg

Last Pooh print. It's really busy and takes getting used to so I'm just going to use it in a bodice for a dress for the 2 year old and then the skirt will be complimenting colors with maybe Easter Eggs appliqued along the edge. Aren't I ambitious, I've yet to applique anything! Obviously this one can wait in my stash for a while.

DSC00711.jpg

Another really busy one. Same plan as above, it will just be used in a bodice, but for my 8 year old and no Easter Eggs since it will just be a summer dress.

DSC00709.jpg

Saw it and grabbed it. I whole heartedly plan to copy the t-shirt and jeans outfit that was shown on this board a while ago. I loved that idea and so will my 8 year old.

DSC00716.jpg

Not Disney, but I :love: this fabric so much I could not pass it by. I'm thinking apron dress over white capris for the 2 year old.

DSC00708.jpg

Another apron dress, I think. Not sure if the little one or the big one will get it. Can you tell I like that apron dress pattern?

There were other fabrics, 3 more Pooh prints, one of which I have, and 3 other Mickey prints (I have 1), Cars, and 1 or 2 Nemo. I think that's it.

So I'm hoping to be caught up today and then can participate more with the commenting. I just don't want to comment on something that was posted so long ago unless it was directed at me personally. But I have loved everything I've seen and have received loads more inspiration. Thanks again!

LisaZoe : LOVE IT! Wonderful Work! :)

RUFFLE FOOT ATTACHMENT ... Two pieces of fabric go under/through the foot at the same time = literally, Ruffling the Top Layer AND Sewing it to the flat bottom layer, at the same time.
Most are fully adjustable, too = fine gathers or more of a pleated look ...
WONDERFUL INVENTION! Make sure to try it someday! :)
(*Check out those links to the picture tutorials = Very Helpful!)
Have Fun!

I should add that I don't yet ruffle and stitch to the other fabric at the same time. I haven't totally worked out how to adjust my ruffler foot so it gathers at the same rate each time. I run the piece to be gathered through the ruffler first and then pin to the other piece and sometimes need to pull the gathering thread a little to get the two to fit exactly.

I've got to remember this ... hopefully I can find one today and start practicing.

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

Oh my goodness ... .this is too adorable. DD would LOVE this.

I just got my smiles around the fabric today.. I love it so much I am so afraid to cut it lol.

I'm feeling the same way. Of course I've never sewn an actual OUTFIT, so my fear is pretty strong. Decided to let my daughter (she's three) pick out some fabric and I'm going to practice on a skirt. I have all the pieces cut, just need to brave sewing them together now!

I used to do the double row gathering for years until I finally bought a ruffler foot. It is so nice to have that! It's very noisy and a bit intimidating at first but well worth learning how to use it. Here's a close-up of a skirt I made using the ruffler foot for all gathering.

ruffles.jpg

That's Sooooooooooooooooooo Stunning! Awesome skirt. I love the fabrics and how they go together. Great great job. One day (after years and years and YEARS of practice, I hope to be as good as you!

ok, someone posted the mickey pirate head. I too made a make shift pattern for the scarf, but have it going th other direction. Here is a pirate mickey tutu outfit I just made! It is so adorable. and for winter I though of putting black leggins underneath!

IMG_2640.jpg

I love the pirate skirt!!

]

My daughter LOVES Little Einsteins! Those are simply darling!!

I do sew the cuffs to the shirts. I measure the shirt cuff, so say if it's 4 inches across, just double that amount, so you have a measurement of 8 inches.(then add a 1/2 for a seam allowance) Then measure how large you want the cuff to be, so say you want a 5 inch cuff, you also double that amount and add 1/2 inch for a seam allowance. So you will have a large rectangle that measures, 8 1/2 by 10 1/2. Fold the fur over on itself and sew the edge to make a sort of tube. Then open it up and fold wrong sides together to make a sort of donut shape. The raw edge will be sewn to the sleeve. I baste the fur first, before I sew it onto the sleeve. I pull the fur donut up and over the sleeve and pull the sleeve through, and match up the edge of the sleeve with the basted edge of the donut, and then stitch and zig-zag, then you just fold down the fur and you can top stitich, but I usually don't. This is something I will be posing pictures of soon. I want to start making these, but want to get through summer vacation first...LOL

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me these directions. I THINK I understand :) So you do not cut the shirt? You leave it the pre-made length, and the fur cuff is over top of it, so the shirt is what is touching her arms? Did I understand that right? I think that makes since, since the fur would be a little warm against the skin. I can't wait to see the pictures. I understand wanting to get through summer. I have a list of things I will do "after summer". It seems like my kids think we have to do something fun everyday. They go to sleep wanting to know what we are doing tomorrow, and the first thing they want to know when they get is up is what we are doing today :confused3 They are driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter