Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, first of all, these pics aren't great, but I hope they will serve their purpose. I've finished skorts for Emma & Rylee to wear to MVMCP and now I need help deciding on their shirts. Two things to keep in mind: 1) I'm going to add a Santa hat to the ears 2) I plan to add the same ribbon around the waistband of the shirt.

Here are my choices thus far:

1: Red dot ribbon w/gold ricrac ~ my dd16 thinks this is too much red. I think it ties in well with the skirt and sheer red dot ribbon on the skirt. But, will it be too much red after the santa hat is added?

2: Christmas plaid (red/green/gold) w/gold ricrac

3: Christmas plaid w/sheer red dot ribbon ~ The same ribbon used on the skirt for the bow

4: Christmas plaid w/gold ricrac & sheer red dot ribbon

5: Any other ideas?

I would love to know what you guys think! I think you all are very talented and your opinions mean a lot to me. Even those of you that don't sew, you definitely have an eye for style!!

th_christmasidea10.jpg

This one gets my vote.

disneylovinfamily - :hug: for your sityuation - enjoy your trip as much as you can!

aimmee - love the miniie outfit! too cute!

tnmom - I like the top one best.

stepmom - Love the scrapbook! you have tons of talent for not "sewing."

Ok y'all. Here's my pooh toile skirt! I'm such a little kid - I've been dancing around all day in it.

Picture010.jpg

And here are the pirate pants I made for Tammy - they're very simple, but it's the first pants I've made.
I did not make the shirt.

Picture002-1.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to mess with the legs or not - maybe cut them into tatters a bit?

I finally got it finished! It is 4 x 6. I made it for uor upcoming cruise, so I know pretty much what characters we will see. Thankfully it is a lot less than Disney! Those books can get pretty big! The last picture is a metal lunchbox I plan on carrying it in. Since we will be on the ship, I don't have to worry about rain!
I covered 4 x 6 chipboard and punched 2 holes in every piece. The book rings are 2 1/2 inches, they are hard to see because I covered them with ribbons.
Disney015.jpg

Disney021.jpg

Disney047.jpg

I love this. I've got to get started on ours, but it's a surprise so I don't know when I'll work on it.

I like this one.

disneylovinfamily - :hug: for your sityuation - enjoy your trip as much as you can!

aimmee - love the miniie outfit! too cute!

tnmom - I like the top one best.

stepmom - Love the scrapbook! you have tons of talent for not "sewing."

Ok y'all. Here's my pooh toile skirt! I'm such a little kid - I've been dancing around all day in it.

Picture010.jpg

And here are the pirate pants I made for Tammy - they're very simple, but it's the first pants I've made.

Picture002-1.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to mess with the legs or not - maybe cut them into tatters a bit?

You two look wonderful! You did a great job!

Thank you!!!

You have helped me a bunch and now I am going to go finish her skirt. I don't think I would ever be brave enough to sew the elastic in like that. I can never figure out how much I need as it is.

In fact how do you determine the length of elastic that is needed?

I always try it on my daughters and then adjust the elastic that way. Whenever I try measuring, it's either too tight or too loose!

Girl, you need to go to bed, you cut 2 inches off her waist? Poor child!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You are funny Jill! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
A what?????? :confused3

This is the bodkin I use. It really helps to pull the elastic through the casing. They are in the notions section. If your elastic is small enough, you can put it through the eye, sometimes if mine is just a little too big, I'll cut the end diagonally to fit it through. Otherwise, I put a safety pin through the eye and hook that to the elastic. I use to hate putting elastic in, but this little baby changed my life! :rotfl:

bodkin.jpg

They come shorter too, but I like this long one.

Here's a pic just for a little cuteness to start your day.

school07-08011.jpg
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had this 3/4 way done and finished it last night.

DD loves it becuase it is a "Minnie Mouse" dress. I even let her wear her MM shoes to school. I was worried about it being to summerie but it is supposed to be over 90 degrees so I think she will be okay.

I am really working on completing projects.

th_Boat042.jpg
I TOLD you to go to bed last night!!! Don't you listen????? :rotfl:
Sorry, I didn't go to bed until late, and then I couldn't sleep, and today I'm just being silly stupid, or is it stupid silly, whichever!

I love the Minnie outfit, especially with the shoes!!! You are really something!
They sell them in the parks and DTD. I saw them at MGM and the World of Disney Store.
Do you remember how much they cost? I think they are so cute!

th_Picture010.jpg

th_Picture002-1.jpg

Great job!!! I love that Pooh skirt! I want to make a top out of it for me, but I don't have enough left after I made Arminda's! Oh pooh!

Yes, I AM knitting a blanket for him, and I DON'T want to talk about it!;)

Having issues with the blanket T.??? He'll still love it for a graduation present! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh geesh, maybe I should just go take a nap before I say something to REALLY embarass myself!

Well, DS is out of the bushes ;) We came home from Walmart and he immediately went for the bags! (Luckily the cashier took the straight pins out of the fabric!) I think he wants me to make him something!!

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Silly Boy!

Has anyone tried making the Minnie ears clippies?? I'm thinking someone said they had. I'm just wondering how hard it could be. I think they are so cute! I wouldn't mind wearing them myself (at Disney of course)! I have a pattern for mouse ears (just the shape) in my bookmarks section, and I keep thinking I should give it a try.

I am really working on completing projects.

th_Boat048.jpg

I'm trying to finish up some stuff too! It's hard to do when you get a good idea for something new!

Where did you get those shoes? Can you PM me?

You're such a kid!!! I want to make something for me, but I just can't bring myself to do it!!!

I vote yes for tattering the pirate pant legs.

I have some pics to share! The first two outfits (Hannah Montana and Tinkerbell) I cannot take credit for since a friend made them for me.
DSC_0247.jpg
DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg
100_2749.jpg

The next two outfits are mine - I need a little help from you all.

1st - you all know my purple top saga. I still cannot for the life of me find a purple top to match this skirt I made.
Questions for you:
1. This is the closest color I have found so far - does it look to
light? Please be honest!!!
2. Should I dye a T with ritz to match - or go with black and scrap the
iron on since it won't show good. I don't have time to order anything else for it - we leave next Thursday.
DSC_0254.jpg
DSC_0251.jpg

2nd - I just finished this Princess skirt last night. I love how it turned out! I bought this T to match with the intention of embellishing it but I can't seem to find anything I like on it with the embroidery. I don't really want to put a ruffle on the bottom of the T doesn't it kinda blend in to the skirt? Does it look good as is - or do you have any suggestions?
DSC_0250.jpg

TIA for looking - and helping!;)

Well, DS is out of the bushes ;)

Oh thank goodness! I have been SOOO worried about him!!!!

We came home from Walmart and he immediately went for the bags! (Luckily the cashier took the straight pins out of the fabric!) I think he wants me to make him something!!

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Silly Boy!

He is so cute!!! I love the green polka dot fabric! What are your plans for it?

Ok, first of all, these pics aren't great, but I hope they will serve their purpose. I've finished skorts for Emma & Rylee to wear to MVMCP and now I need help deciding on their shirts. Two things to keep in mind: 1) I'm going to add a Santa hat to the ears 2) I plan to add the same ribbon around the waistband of the shirt.

Here are my choices thus far:

1: Red dot ribbon w/gold ricrac ~ my dd16 thinks this is too much red. I think it ties in well with the skirt and sheer red dot ribbon on the skirt. But, will it be too much red after the santa hat is added?

2: Christmas plaid (red/green/gold) w/gold ricrac

3: Christmas plaid w/sheer red dot ribbon ~ The same ribbon used on the skirt for the bow

4: Christmas plaid w/gold ricrac & sheer red dot ribbon

5: Any other ideas?

I would love to know what you guys think! I think you all are very talented and your opinions mean a lot to me. Even those of you that don't sew, you definitely have an eye for style!!

I like the red dot - option #1 ;)

Thansk you everyone for your kind words, support and prayers. It is great to know that I have a great group of ladies to turn to.

About sewing---DH's aunt helped me finish the alice costume and hopefully will have pics up soon with all the other ones I have too.

Here's a pic just for a little cuteness to start your day.

school07-08011.jpg

This is the sweetest pic and it brought a giant smile to my face---something that has been lacking for 2 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter