Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, someone posted the mickey pirate head. I too made a make shift pattern for the scarf, but have it going th other direction. Here is a pirate mickey tutu outfit I just made! It is so adorable. and for winter I though of putting black leggins underneath!

IMG_2640.jpg

That's adorable! It would look cute with some red and white striped tights! I've seen some on eBay. So cute! :thumbsup2

That's adorable! It would look cute with some red and white striped tights! I've seen some on eBay. So cute! :thumbsup2

FYI- if anyone is thinking of using stripe tights for Halloween now is time to start looking. Everywhere on the internet and on land was sold out of black and white stripe tights last year. I ended begging to buy a pair of a website. They cost me $30. Oh well, you cannot be the Wicked Witch of the West without black and white tights!

I used to do the double row gathering for years until I finally bought a ruffler foot. It is so nice to have that! It's very noisy and a bit intimidating at first but well worth learning how to use it. Here's a close-up of a skirt I made using the ruffler foot for all gathering.

ruffles.jpg

As I sit here hand gathering a simple skirt, I am just in AWE with your marvelous skirt! THAT's what I'm talkin' about! :cheer2:

When we went to WDW in April 2007 I was able to get the big Minnie red and white polka dot fabric from Hancock's but I've been unable to buy it again since then, it says it is out of stock. I'd like for my girls to be Minnie for Halloween and I'd love that fabric. Does anyone have any ideas about where else to get the fabric or if Hancock's has stopped carrying it? Thanks for your help!!!

Hancock's online has it - or at least it doesn't show it's out of stock. I bought some awhile back and was very pleased with the quality especially for the price. I think it's OK to post a link since I'm not selling this. ;)

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6510&itemType=PRODUCT

The red is a nice deep red that doesn't hint at orange at all. It's a bit darker than it shows on the website but still says "Minnie dot" to me. :goodvibes

ok, someone posted the mickey pirate head. I too made a make shift pattern for the scarf, but have it going th other direction. Here is a pirate mickey tutu outfit I just made! It is so adorable. and for winter I though of putting black leggins underneath!

IMG_2640.jpg

I looooove it! Now, try NOT to walk with major attitude in THAT! I really love the applique too!

Hancock's online has it - or at least it doesn't show it's out of stock. I bought some awhile back and was very pleased with the quality especially for the price. I think it's OK to post a link since I'm not selling this. ;)

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6510&itemType=PRODUCT

The red is a nice deep red that doesn't hint at orange at all. It's a bit darker than it shows on the website but still says "Minnie dot" to me. :goodvibes

I too use their fabric and it is wonderful!!! It says minnie to me too!

Lori

IMG_2640.jpg

How cute is that! I think black leggings would be adorable.

I used to do the double row gathering for years until I finally bought a ruffler foot. It is so nice to have that! It's very noisy and a bit intimidating at first but well worth learning how to use it. Here's a close-up of a skirt I made using the ruffler foot for all gathering.

ruffles.jpg

Lisa, you are teasing us. How about a photo of the entire outfits -- the beautiful ruffled skirt and the one your cutie pie is wearing......PLEASE!

FYI- if anyone is thinking of using stripe tights for Halloween now is time to start looking. Everywhere on the internet and on land was sold out of black and white stripe tights last year. I ended begging to buy a pair of a website. They cost me $30. Oh well, you cannot be the Wicked Witch of the West without black and white tights!
My Local JoAnn's had them last year ... I haven't had time to check again this year yet, but I remember the packages had $2.99 printed on them as this regular price. They were regular thickness, not too thin. :)

These places offer them for $6-8 ... (+shipping?)
http://www.halloweenstreet.com/Accessories/StockingsPantyhoseAndShoeCover/
http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/KidsTights.htm
http://www.halloweenexpress.com/striped-tights-choices-p-8189.html
Here's the search I made to find those places.

When I find seriously groovy tights, that are not in children's sizes = I sometimes use a small adult size tights on my 5yr old ... I just stitch off a bit of the leg/foot&trim ... they fit her just fine, in the legs ... sometimes, they are a bit long in the torso, but manageable. :) good luck.

I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had red fabric with HUGE white dots....for only $2.00/yard! Just thought I'd share, in case anyone is looking for some Minnie fabric!

I just wanted to add that I get my striped tights (black/white, orange/black, red/white) tights at Target every year. They are waaay cheaper than the Childrens Place.

OK I *love* these types of skirts..Ihavn't been able to figure out though how/where you are attaching the tulle layer! I am a visual learner, maybe you can take a pic with the 1st layer lifted up so I can see the next layer LOL

& Aimee G Thanks so much for posting the pirate head Mickey! I am using it for my Sons outift!

Can you share with us how she gets the red scarfs on the Pirate Mickeys?

Please Pretty Please?:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

I am trying to make one of those and the only thing I can figure out is sewing it on by hand. I love her pirate Mickey Heads they are so cutepirate:
Ok, I've been gone all day, and I haven't caught up yet, so I'm not sure if my mom already answer this. Anyway, I think that she did so most of the pirate scarves by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter