Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
We will be there Sept. 14-16. I plan to take Destiny to Playhouse Disney Live on Tour at MGM. This is the day she will wear her JoJo outfit. So, there will be at least 2 little girls in custom outfits. Maybe we will cross paths.

Okay, I just checked the playhouse disney live on tour website and jojo is not in the show. I guess I need a Little Einsteins outfit too.

Gracie is going to wear the Jojo outfit anyway since we'll be dining with her and Little Einsteins is not a hit around here yet.

We will have to meet up somewhere. We can get a picture of them together and post it here.:woohoo:

Halloweencelebrations003.jpg

Halloweencelebrations001.jpg

okay, lets see if this works. This was my daughter as Annie last year at Halloween. She even carried Rocket and I think only two kids knew who she was:confused3 I'll get my Minnie and Nemo outfits up tomorrow.

I'll post some bows later.. I just keep thinking about how much money I am saving from buying them elsewhere! (That is what I told DH when I came home with a bag FULL of ribbon ;) )

If anyone could point me in a direction of learning how to applique I would be forever in your debt! (Next to Disney of course)

Halloweencelebrations003.jpg

Halloweencelebrations001.jpg

okay, lets see if this works. This was my daughter as Annie last year at Halloween. She even carried Rocket and I think only two kids knew who she was:confused3 I'll get my Minnie and Nemo outfits up tomorrow.

I have never really seen Little Einsteins, but DS loves them. I think if I saw her alone I wouldn't have known, but the rocket totally gives it away! I would know in a heartbeat! BTW, she is adorable! Does everyone on this thread have cute kids?

I'm about to get started on my first stripwork outfit for my twins. I'm a bit :scared: -- wish me luck and pixie dust because I think I'm gonna need it!

The theme is Disney Princesses!

I am looking for some ideas for our Disney Cruise in Sept. I would really like to make a sailor dress or something nautical. I can't seem to find any good patterns like that. Everyone here has some neat designs so I thought I would check here. My dd is 11 but does still like to wear dresses (which is great for me!). Thank you!

First off-
LadyRob- You are my new hero! Every outfit you have done is amazing- and am I wrong in remembering you really havnt been sewing that long? The Minnie outfit is just tremendous- BRAVO!!!!

Someone mentioned that their kids dont wear their Disney clothes around the house...what is everyone's consensus on this???? Do your kids wear these clothes at home- or are they saved just for Disney? As much as I adore Disney- we cant go more then every other year or so...I love these outfits- but will it be silly to wear them around Iowa???:lmao: The only one I have done so far is Laila's bday dress for her Minnie party- and I am still not done yet- the party is Sunday so I better get scootin';)

Well, most of my girls stuff is a little more simple, some is more elaborate, but we wear it all the time. Now, that being said, I live in central FL, about 1.5 hrs from Disney. And, everyone, friends and family, know that we're a Disney family, so they just expect it. Heck, my DH has multiple Disney tropical shirts (the ones from Disneyshopping.com) and he wears them all the time. I think that if your children love Disney, and you've used the outfit for your vacation, then by all means, let them wear it. Otherwise, they'll grow out of it.

The only other option that I see for keeping them in really good shape, is if your plan is to resell them. There is quite a market for that, and you could get some of your initial "investment" back if you resell.

Just a thought...

We are doing MGM on the 15th. Look for that Pluto Poodle skirt. When I ever get it finished I will post a pic. LOL

The 15th of Sept?? Or July??

I work at the Studios. Well, I'm taking the summer off, but this past spring I was looking for custom outfits and never saw any. I figured it was because I was at MGM, and because I'm not back in the Animation Courtyard. However, come fall, when I go back, I will once again be on the lookout for the outfits I've seen posted here.

Your outfits are always so cute ! ! ! Did you make this like a twirl skirt? is that how that works out, or did you have a patter to work off of?

Okay ladies, here is the next item in my Knock-Off Boutique. :rolleyes1 The original was posted by obsessedwiththemouse. I have to give a big thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and pictures. I'm not very good at coming up with my own designs but that is my next challenge. I plan to brainstorm tomorrow while I tackle that 12 hour shift.

The Minnie ears look a little warped in the picture but that's just how the dress is hanging. I wish I could post pics of DD in the outfit but I've promised DH I would not post pics of the kids anymore.

minnie001.jpg

im still confused. do i pin the two fabrics (that im joining) together at half and quarter marks, then pull the strings to gather?

You can, but it gets tricky when gathering over the pins. Ouch! I gather the whole thing up so they are the same length, then skooch it around to make the points match.

Happy page 200, everybody!!!

Still haven't been able to figure out the multi-quote thing, so I hope this post makes sense. Also, I didn't write down names, so please forgive me for not calling you by name.

A few pages back there was a picture of a Minnie dot pillowcase dress. Great job and an adorable model, too. My goodness, I love that hair!!!

Also, I could totally tell your little girl was Annie, but my 5 yo is a big Annie fan. In fact, every day she has to tell me if Annie is wearing her blur jumper or her pink jumper.

To the OP, it is good to see you're still with us. Thanks for starting this thread. There have been a couple of bumps along the way, but with 200 pages of posts, I think that can be expected.

Also, I think my last post (response to multiple people) got lost in the shuffle because it was in the middle of that other stuff, so I just want to say again, nice work to those of you who have posted outfits lately. I think they have all been remarkable. Each special in their own way.

And to the poster who got such a kick when people commented on the clothes she made. I know how you feel. I love seeing my kiddos in the clothes I make for them, and we get so many compliments. My bigger thrill is just seeing them wearing something I made. As long as my girls like it, it doesn't matter to me if anyone else does.

The 15th of Sept?? Or July??

I work at the Studios. Well, I'm taking the summer off, but this past spring I was looking for custom outfits and never saw any. I figured it was because I was at MGM, and because I'm not back in the Animation Courtyard. However, come fall, when I go back, I will once again be on the lookout for the outfits I've seen posted here.

Where are you at in the Animation Courtyard? We are going to be at Disney between Oct29 - Nov 2, I will be sure to be on the lookout (if I know where to look for ya) :goodvibes

ALOHA!!! getting into the poly spirit! We are leaving in 12 days !! WOO HOOO I am stil lsewing additional outfits for the kids! I will post a huge trip report link with tons of pictures for you all to see!!!!!!!! I can not wait, and If I see someone in a custom I am going to ask if you are from the dis!!!

Lori

Here are a few outfits I made---or as someone else said many pages back--outfits that I bought at Walmart and "pimped" up. For someone who has no sewing ability beyond buttons, I think they came out ok.

Picture055.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Sorry that my photos are GIGANTIC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter