kids and costumes......

scampbunny

<font color=darkorchid>The most fab of surprises!<
hi all
thinkin on ash deciding on her dresses and the discussion of outfits on another thread..... was wondering........

do u think children get more attention when they are dressed up?? and even more attention from the character they are dressed as??? i know u see alot of girls dressed, but how about boys???

just wondered for our oct trip - will def have outfits for mnsshp - if ds1 is happy to be buzz as am strugglin to find a halloween disney character that u can get in a kids size (he wanted jack skellington!!!)....

just wondering and interested to hear :love:

i think so.. when my little one was dressed as cinderalla, the real cinderalla made a point of going up to her during the parade to say hello and hold her hand.

Plus it adds to the magic of the whole thing,

I dont think my Little One wore any of her normal clothes the whole holiday

this year we have
cinderella
tinkerbell
the lady out of princess and the frog
snow white
Sleeping beauty

and my little boy has woody and buzz. I must say boys are harder but there are some costume site on the web (fancy dress) that do all sorts of childrens costumes (i may go and look now too)

we are there for 5 days

other people have disagreed with me on this but i definitely think the kids get more attention if they are dressed up. i have had ash watch the parade in normal clothes and her costumes and she really did get more attention dressed up. she even had cinders come and comfort her during the parade when a big jumping bird thing scared her and made her cry. ash looked up and asked where is snow white and she called her over. this was just after their dance so poor snow white and the prince had to run to catch up lol.

also i think ash gets loads of attention because of the dresses i get. they are from wdw and are not always seen in dlp. we met anastasia and drisella in nov and they spent ages with ash talking about dresses etc and anastasia even remembered ash because of her dress. we had a really excited prince come running over snow white to take a pic with her and she was in an ariel dress not even snow white lol. the first thing he said was little princess your dress is lovely.

i could go on and on lol. of course ash loves all this and the pictures are great. if they get to meet the character they are dressed as its even better.

im sure those that dont dress up still have a wonderful time and great character interaction but i my experience its all in the fun to dress up

Oh I definitely agree, the kids tend to get more attention when they are wearing costumes :goodvibes. Unfortunately, my DD is now getting too big for Disney store outfits, but she is taking her Spider-witch dress with her to the MNSSHP ;).

Oh, and if you want to catch Cruella De Ville's eye, carry a cuddly dog :rotfl2:.

Oh I definitely agree, the kids tend to get more attention when they are wearing costumes :goodvibes. Unfortunately, my DD is now getting too big for Disney store outfits, but she is taking her Spider-witch dress with her to the MNSSHP ;).

Oh, and if you want to catch Cruella De Ville's eye, carry a cuddly dog :rotfl2:.

also she hates the colour pink :rotfl2:

lol - thanks for all the replys..... do u think the boys wud get attention in princess dresses too?????:lmao:

was thinkin of who gets off the floats to dance - woody does, and the princes of course..... think i might have to hunt for a woody costume.....

y r there not many male characters for dress up???:mad: lol

i remembered tho.... when there last dec 08 for the character tea party, the boys dressed up (ds1 as buzz, ds2 as tigger) and i do remember tigger spent alot of time with ds2......

ok, will be scouring ebay for costumes now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol - thanks for all the replys..... do u think the boys wud get attention in princess dresses too?????:lmao:

was thinkin of who gets off the floats to dance - woody does, and the princes of course..... think i might have to hunt for a woody costume.....

y r there not many male characters for dress up???:mad: lol

i remembered tho.... when there last dec 08 for the character tea party, the boys dressed up (ds1 as buzz, ds2 as tigger) and i do remember tigger spent alot of time with ds2......

ok, will be scouring ebay for costumes now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what have we started :lmao:

the dis kids will be the best dressed in dlp!!!!

I dunno but i beg to differ, Kyra always got loads of attention from characters before i started decking her out in the dresses from Walt Disney World tbh.

On our first ever trip Kyra wore no costumes and the amount of attention she got was unbelievable, she didn't start wearing costumes properly till last September and yeah having dresses from wdw are a good talking point for some face characters etc but i'm not going to say that because of her outfits she got more attention.

On our last Nov trip for 2 days Kyra wore non dressing up clothes and got just the same amount of attention as before on all previous trips....I just think its luck of the draw and having a cute child always helps ;)

Nikki your be fine if you decide not to take dressing up clothes because your little boys are adorable.

I dunno but i beg to differ, Kyra always got loads of attention from characters before i started decking her out in the dresses from Walt Disney World tbh.

On our first ever trip Kyra wore no costumes and the amount of attention she got was unbelievable, she didn't start wearing costumes properly till last September and yeah having dresses from wdw are a good talking point for some face characters etc but i'm not going to say that because of her outfits she got more attention.

On our last Nov trip for 2 days Kyra wore non dressing up clothes and got just the same amount of attention as before on all previous trips....I just think its luck of the draw and having a cute child always helps ;)

Nikki your be fine if you decide not to take dressing up clothes because your little boys are adorable.

emma - ur sweet re the boys!!! and tbh - kyra prob got the attention as she is just gorgeous!!! and such a cheeky smile!!!

maybe - i shud aim to dress the boys the same??? lol have just hunted thru ebay to no avail, so, unless i get a bargain woody one - ill stick with what i have...... BUT if anyone sees a buzz lightyear helmet anywhere - let me know (one on ebay - £25!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:) its the only thing missing from his costume....

emma - ur sweet re the boys!!! and tbh - kyra prob got the attention as she is just gorgeous!!! and such a cheeky smile!!!

maybe - i shud aim to dress the boys the same??? lol have just hunted thru ebay to no avail, so, unless i get a bargain woody one - ill stick with what i have...... BUT if anyone sees a buzz lightyear helmet anywhere - let me know (one on ebay - £25!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:) its the only thing missing from his costume....

Thanks Nikki :goodvibes

I would just hate for people to think that your kids only get loads of attention if you dress them in costumes, because that isn't the case at all.

Thanks Nikki :goodvibes

I would just hate for people to think that your kids only get loads of attention if you dress them in costumes, because that isn't the case at all.

thats fine hun - i wanted opinions of what ppl had experienced and also seen. its hard for us, as with cay having autism, we bypass queues for characters and sometimes feel like our time is rushed because we 'queue jump' which is sad (one was a mickey). BUT there have been characters that have made their day - best been pluto & minnie, and an english cinderella & her prince.

im like most parents, want the kids to be noticed and to really have as much magic as poss!!!! i remember ds1s face lighting up when cinderella recognised him in the parade and waved - he still talks of it!! guess i want loads of attention for them (or is it really for me????? :confused3 lol)

guess also im jealous of all the lil girls as princesses.... can i borrow kyra one time?? shud have really arranged the same days in oct then we cud have done major character stalking!!

guess also im jealous of all the lil girls as princesses.... can i borrow kyra one time?? shud have really arranged the same days in oct then we cud have done major character stalking!!

You can borrow her anytime :rotfl2:

Trust me i'm the queen of the stalking characters.....esp with my previous experience of stalking boybands I know all the tricks of the trade :rotfl2:

Talking of boys costumes what about getting a Peter pan one for the boys? Kyra really wants to dress up as him LOL.

When do u usually dress your kids? I might get a costume for my dsfor the character dining? Is this allowed?

i am hunting a couple of peter pan ones on ebay - only if i can get them real cheap - i am a miser :rotfl2:

im wondering about a costume for me for the halloween party....... but, think i might just get 'extra' themed clothing just for that night!!!

reminds me - best hunt out some more mickey clothes ready for the boys - wish they wud stop growing!!!

When do u usually dress your kids? I might get a costume for my dsfor the character dining? Is this allowed?

costumes are always allowed!!! maybe dress them just before u go to the restuarant for the meal??

(scuse my typos, its my computer - honest!!)

i am hunting a couple of peter pan ones on ebay - only if i can get them real cheap - i am a miser :rotfl2:

im wondering about a costume for me for the halloween party....... but, think i might just get 'extra' themed clothing just for that night!!!

reminds me - best hunt out some more mickey clothes ready for the boys - wish they wud stop growing!!!

I will keep my eye out for one for you hun.

Kyra actually said to me today that she wants to only wear Imagination Mover clothes in DLP in October, I was like errrrrrrr :rotfl2: I'm getting her the Mover jumpsuit for her Birthday but thats 3 weeks after our trip.

I think we are pretty much taking Tiana with us in October and prob normal clothes, I will take her Alice dress if my friend can sort out a private meet and greet with Hatter and Alice.

Where did you see the imagination mover outfit dd1 would luv one, she also wants a buzz outfit.

I will take her Alice dress if my friend can sort out a private meet and greet with Hatter and Alice.

oh fab - how brilliant would that be???? what it is to have friends in high places eh?? :) ds1 is happy as long as he gets to see a princess, although hes been going on about tiana alot - so think shes gonna be a def for october!!! not sure who ds2 fav is right now - was minnie/stitch but not sure atm lol hes got a few months to decide ;)

costumes are always allowed!!! maybe dress them just before u go to the restuarant for the meal??

(scuse my typos, its my computer - honest!!)

Thanks nikki! Yeah will try and find peter pan and pirate costume for ds1! That sounds great to me :goodvibes

hmmm..... I think I'll wear a Belle dress (seriously I have the hair colour for it :lmao:) and wear it at Halloween..watch the attention I get as I tell everyone I'm the good looking twin sister of Belle! :rotfl2:

I seriously think it doesn't matter what a child wears at DLP. I like the kids dressed up in the character meals (my DD wore her Minnie dress to Cafe Mickey - and three days non stop before!) but I also like to think of the kids not tearing a dress that I'd spent loads on while getting on a ride, or worse, getting it so dirty you just know it'll fall apart if you wash it.... :scared1:

I also think it depends on the time of year, I'd prefer my child to be comfortable in clothes and warm. I know some people put the clothes underneath, then a coat on top, but I don't see the point so much as you only see a dress dragging underneath :lmao: Summer is different matter, but I can't honestly say that I nocticed many in dresses etc or that my daughter got any less/more attention no matter what clothes she was wearing ( though I must admit every single one of her tops had at least one character on but thats her normal clothes :thumbsup2) but saying that though, if you stand at a stop and your child is wearing a dress, I do think they stick out more and get noticed, but I also think the Princesses and Princes do a great job of making every child feel special :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter