• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kevin is home from surgery

Kevin, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

DH had detached retinas in both eyes repaired more than 20 years ago and everything is fine -- his glasses lenses are thick but his vision is easily corrected.

DANG! Just surfing in to check up on the podcast and saw the news! :scared1: :sad2:

Do what the Doc says. My DW has Glaucoma which is an older person disease but she is young and she should not have the problem. The type of Glaucoma she has is even rarer regardless of age. :sad2: We have had many many procedures on her eyes. Not fun but she still has vision so we are thankful.

Take Care. SOMEHOW stay busy. Today's badness will pass for goodness tomorrow.

Later,
Dan

Thanks so much for the update. I've been thinking about you all day and even thought of posting for an update. Major doses of continued prayers and pixie dust.

55 out of every 60 minutes sounds like a real drag. I'll bet it gets old quickly. You need Ferris to come over & play on the floor for you =)

Glad to see you're on the mend, though. That's a really good thing!

So glad to hear you're hanging in there, though bored...can't blame you for that one! Keep your chin up...ok, figuratively ;)...and thanks for the updates

Best wishes Kevin. Great to know that the doctors are so positive.

Pj

Soon this just will seem like a bad dream that you barely remember. Just keep hanging in there.

hey there kevin- have only been listening to u guys since may but im hooked. when i found out about ur second surgery it really disturbed me. i have never been sooo worried about someone ive never met..lol i looked up detached retina and was so worried about ur outcome:guilty: but im glad to see u up and writing so im hoping thats a good thing. (ur secretly my favorite:love:)your humor and whit remind me of my husbands..hmm maybe thats why i was so worried...but seriously..hope ur recovery goes well, i look forward to the next podcast and just keep chanting "this too shall pass". just hope john doesnt start serving u rats on a silver platter or if u hear him start singing" ive written a letter to daddy"...RUN!

Kevin, I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best and speediest recovery. And I second a previous poster's suggestion that Pete send you to Disneyland Paris! (I share that obsession). Listen to some books on tape/ipod if John loses his voice reading to you ;)

Best to you both and enjoy the outpouring of support from the Discommunity! *sang in a honky tonk voice* "I love this Board, it's my kinda place"

Get well soon Kevin!
I'm away on business for a few weeks and so much has happened - hard to catch up.

Hi folks...

Just stopping in to let y'all know I'm doing ok.

I'm supposed to be face down for 55 out every 60 minutes.

I'm sure my eye DR would be thrilled to know that like any good dieter, I have learned to work the system.

If I am allowed two cookies each day...and I didnt have two yesterday.....and I dont have two tomorrow....I can have 6 today. :rotfl2:

Bringing that analogy around to retina recovery....if I lay down for 6 hours that gives me 30 minutes of "saved" time to read the Dis.

I'm not sure it works that way....but I have counted the threads per square inch (we have good sheets apparently), I have studied the berber carpeting, the dogs are way over entertaining me, I have realized the baseboards need painting and I have come to the realization that nothing exciting hppens below knee level.

Only a couple more days and I can look up again.

"See" y'all soon.

Kevin

Hi Kevin
Just came by to see if there was any word on how you were doing. Sounds like your doing well that's great! You made me laugh to. Keep getting better. :) We are thinking about you.

Glad to hear that your spirits are high Kevin.

Will keep sending pixie dust for speedy recovery :goodvibes

Kevin, this is just so unfair. I don't know what God is thinking sometimes, dropping misery after misery upon people. Pisses me off on their behalf.

I hope your surgery is a success and that your recovery is quick.

Were you in overnight? And if so, how was the food?

Glad to hear that you are able appreciate everything that is just above Sea level!!:thumbsup2 We are pulling for you! Just think, your Kindle is ready to come back from its vacation!

I'm not sure it works that way....but I have counted the threads per square inch (we have good sheets apparently), I have studied the berber carpeting, the dogs are way over entertaining me, I have realized the baseboards need painting and I have come to the realization that nothing exciting hppens below knee level.

Kevin

Does this make you appreciate what it is like to be a child? They only see the lower part of the world.

Keep up with your doctor's orders, don't try to rush the recovery and all will be good.

So glad to hear you're feeling better Kevin. Studying Berber & counting threads is a good sign:thumbsup2
Just don't start playing with the dust bunnies things could get out of hand.:upsidedow

LUV your cookie math analogy. I always learn something new when I stop by the DIS.:teacher:

Butterfly kisses and huge cyber hugs(((K)))))for a speedy recovery
AK_-JUN_2008.jpg

Sounds like you are keeping your sense of humor!

Thoughts and prayers are with you and hoping for a speedy recovery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter