• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kevin is home from surgery

Sending prayers and positive energy your direction! You need a massage table with the cutout for your face to rest in. Then you could look at more interesting things thatn sheets and berber carpet... of course I would try to get a table that came with a masseuse!:rotfl2:

Yay, good news! We are thinking of you, Kevin! All these good vibes headed your way HAS to help!! You are so lucky to have John by your side too! I'm happy you're being well cared for. Best wishes to you guys and here's to a speedy recovery.

Kevin,

I am so glad to hear you have found a way to work the system and are doing a little better. You are so kind to keep us up to date on your progress. And, I also agree you are the luckiest guy in the world. You and John are like peanut butter and jelly... y'all just go together!

Best wishes for continued successful recovery. Big hugs!! :grouphug:

Sam

Hey Kevin: Just popped in to see if there was any new news. Hope the recovery is still going well. All my best to John too.

Oh no...I've been away, just getting caught up today on the Dis and learned the news.

Yikes Kevin - I'd say you are overdue for a spell of good times like NOW - LOL! Doesn't seem fair to have to go through this twice. I don't know if your past experience is going to make this easier or harder - I hope easier!!!

Please take care and know that we are thinking of you!
:hug:
Trish

Hi Folks...

The hateful "lay face down" phase is over.

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

Challer said something several pages ago....or in another thread, something about your eyes being like children. You can treat them both the same and they may still react differently.

He's a vey smart guy.

This is a very different experience than the last time. There are different circumstances with this eye. It has not had as much trauma, it has had longr to heal before this happened etc......but this is still very different.

The last time, it was like looking through the deepest, murkiest water you could imagine. It was weeks before I could even see movement out of my left eye.

This time, it's like I'm looking through crystal clear Caribbean water. It's still like looking through water....but it's entirely different.

I have quite a ways to go in my recovery....and it looks like there might be other surgeries down the road......but I am on my way.

I have to say THANK YOU yet again for the prayres, good thoughts, pixie dust and concern. I am a firm believer that y'all have helped yet again.

I also have to say THANK YOU again to John. I will spend the rest of my life trying to find ways to show my love and appreciation. I have no idea where I would be or what I might have done if it were not for him.

He has taken on not only my recovery but has taken on all responsibility for helping out my Mom.

He's done it with grace and good humor and made us both feel that it's ok to lean on him. And we have.

I have to say that I am blessed to have this kind of love and support and not an hour goes by that I am not reminded of how utterly lucky I am and how grateful I need to be.

Thank you all for thinking about me and worrying about me and wishing me well.

You have yet again shown me the power of this community.

It's staggering and I love y'all for it.

Kevin

Kevin I'm glad to hear that your healing is progressing:thumbsup2.

I just also want to thank you for sharing with us how much John is loving and supporting you through all this. It is obvious how much you love him as well. I have seen so many couples around me as of late who bail on each other as soon as things get a little tough, in short- when life happens, and it is SOOO great to hear about two people who love, care and support each other!:lovestruc

Keep on healing! Prayers still coming your way for you and John!!:goodvibes

Kevin,

I am glad to hear that your recovery is going well. It must be nice not having to stare at the floor all day.

Thanks for the update, Kevin. I'm glad that everything is getting better and that this has been a tiny bit easier. I figured John was also helping out with your mom. John's not only a genius but obviously a kind and patient guy. I can't wait to meet you both in December. Continued pixies and prayers.

Thanks for the update Kevin. Glad to hear the recovery is going better this time. You'll be back doing restaurant reviews in no time!

And thanks to John as well for taking so good care of you for us all. :thumbsup2

Kevin,

Never went to a meet but I feel I know you guys. I started listening to the podcast a few months before Bob passed away and what struck me then and now is that the podcast crew and this community are real. When someone hurts, feels pain or asks for help (unfortunately occurring a lot lately) others are there for them. Same goes for cheering celebrations (let’s hope for more of those). Glad you are on the mend and get well soon. Tell John he can add saint along with his genius moniker.

Oh, the new DIS conspiracy board believes you had the surgery to further postpone picking the co-restaurant reviewer. Sorry, since things are going better this time, I felt I could pull your leg. Hope you chuckled a bit. If not, you can tell Pete to hang up on me if I ever call in on a live show.

CJ

kevin-you dont know how lucky u are to have a partner who supports and helps..i can only be so lucky. good luck with ur recovery!

YAY, no more face down. I glad things seem to be going better this time. So guess I should get practicing with my new TSM app on the iPod Touch. You and me Kevin, we'll see who gets the highest score.

Kim

Kevin,

Glad to hear the lay face down has ended. Best wishes for continued speedy recovery. It is nice that John has been there for both you and your Mom. Treasures like John are rare, glad you all have each other!

Kevin it's so great to hear you are doing well!!! and I am so glad you have John to get you back on your feet!!! hope you feel 100% soon!

Kevin I'm glad to hear that your healing is progressing:thumbsup2.

I just also want to thank you for sharing with us how much John is loving and supporting you through all this. It is obvious how much you love him as well. I have seen so many couples around me as of late who bail on each other as soon as things get a little tough, in short- when life happens, and it is SOOO great to hear about two people who love, care and support each other!:lovestruc

Keep on healing! Prayers still coming your way for you and John!!:goodvibes

I totally agree! I love to hear stories like this!! It makes me well up even reading what Kevin wrote about how John is just taking care of everything! I am so happy for this. Get well soon Kevin:grouphug:

Kevin,

I am so happy to hear you are on your way to recovery. Continued thoughts are headed your way for a speedy recovery. Not that there was ever any doubt that you were in good hands, but hugs for John for taking such wonderful care of you and your mom. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter