Just Twiddling My Thumbs Waiting for Star Wars Nite Tix

We were in town for the event last year but had planned the trip after they were sold out. Since there were some left o got a ticket for my husband and sister. I’ll stay home with the kids.

Somehow I missed that there won’t be fireworks this year until I saw people complaining on IG. That’s a big fat bummer.

Any chance it’s due to the overlapping Season of the Force Celebration?

https://disneylandnews.com/galleries/2023/12/04/season-of-the-force-at-disneyland-park-2024/

https://mickeyvisit.com/star-wars-season-of-the-force-disneyland/

Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will also feature a “fresh perspective” on the Disneyland fireworks which are visible from the land near the Millennium Falcon. This new fireworks addition will include “galactic music” to accompany the fireworks show. We hope that they really execute here so that this becomes a highlight of the Star Wars fest.

This is the first time we’ve seen Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge intentionally pay any sort of homage to the fireworks. Due to the immersive storyline of the land, Disney does not often break character so this is a welcome first to see them go as far as to incorporate music.”

Any chance it’s due to the overlapping Season of the Force Celebration?

https://disneylandnews.com/galleries/2023/12/04/season-of-the-force-at-disneyland-park-2024/

https://mickeyvisit.com/star-wars-season-of-the-force-disneyland/

Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will also feature a “fresh perspective” on the Disneyland fireworks which are visible from the land near the Millennium Falcon. This new fireworks addition will include “galactic music” to accompany the fireworks show. We hope that they really execute here so that this becomes a highlight of the Star Wars fest.

This is the first time we’ve seen Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge intentionally pay any sort of homage to the fireworks. Due to the immersive storyline of the land, Disney does not often break character so this is a welcome first to see them go as far as to incorporate music.”
Anything is possible, I suppose. From what I understand, they didn't have a fireworks show for Sweethearts Nite this year either. It seems to me that they are moving to eliminate fireworks from after dark events, sadly.

I'm not sure I understand how the fireworks viewing from Galaxy's Edge is going to play out. The pixar show will be playing during that time frame, so if you watch from the castle/main street, you're getting pixar music? If you watch from SWGE, you're watching the same show, but hearing star wars music? Am I understanding this correctly?

Anything is possible, I suppose. From what I understand, they didn't have a fireworks show for Sweethearts Nite this year either. It seems to me that they are moving to eliminate fireworks from after dark events, sadly.

I'm not sure I understand how the fireworks viewing from Galaxy's Edge is going to play out. The pixar show will be playing during that time frame, so if you watch from the castle/main street, you're getting pixar music? If you watch from SWGE, you're watching the same show, but hearing star wars music? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, this is my understanding. One firework show: Pixar music at the Castle/plaza; Galactic music in Batuu with fireworks visible from the Millennium Falcon.

I'm so surprised there are still tickets left for every night! The first year I went tickets sold out on the first day. I'm glad they added more nights so more people can get tickets.

I'm so surprised there are still tickets left for every night! The first year I went tickets sold out on the first day. I'm glad they added more nights so more people can get tickets.
It's certainly not what I was expecting, especially since the magic key pre-sale sold out.

What are people's thoughts on why every night is still available? It seems like there has to be something other than the fact that they added more nights. I wanted to get tickets for my high school senior and his friend but figured all nights would be sold out by the time I was able to buy. He has since decided he might want to do something else instead, so I didn't buy tickets yet. Just seems a little shocking.

What are people's thoughts on why every night is still available? It seems like there has to be something other than the fact that they added more nights. I wanted to get tickets for my high school senior and his friend but figured all nights would be sold out by the time I was able to buy. He has since decided he might want to do something else instead, so I didn't buy tickets yet. Just seems a little shocking.
that I think is part of it a few other things

1) People saw the event from last year and don't think its worth the price
2) More people then ever live streaming so you can watch the entire event online
3) People are making less money then ever....might be some fans finally in too much debt or need to budget better so they dont get into debt

As of 3/1/2024, 8:15AM PST: All Star Wars tickets for all nights are available. Today is the 8th day since tickets went on sale on 2/23/2024.

Wow! Maybe there are too many nights or there is lower demand..price too high or not enough new events during the night.
I am shocked. Could it be people are tired of SW nights or these nights in general? Fatigue or economics or both?!

As of 3/1/2024, 8:15AM PST: All Star Wars tickets for all nights are available. Today is the 8th day since tickets went on sale on 2/23/2024.

Wow! Maybe there are too many nights or there is lower demand..price too high or not enough new events during the night.
I am shocked. Could it be people are tired of SW nights or these nights in general? Fatigue or economics or both?!
I think it is the cost, with the price of tickets and genie plus, it may be too much for couples and families, Lasy year it only took a couple of days for some of the nights to sell out. People dont have endless income to spend.

I might go next year

But it's mainly just meet and greets

If we got some live shows/show sin general then I'd be there but 2 hour long lines to meet characters for almost 200 bucks....is a lot

I know its fun to get to dress up with everyone but most people don't have that kinda money for something for just fun

Probably a combination of everything: pandemic revenge travel may finally be slowing down; they’ve doubled the number of nights; price is quite high (especially for a family); not worth the price because nothing seems new (and apparently no SW fireworks?); general economic worries; some Disney fatigue in general; people may be more willing to take international trips.

We’ve been taking 3 or 4 DLR trips a year for the last few years, and we’re kind of tired of Disney raising prices without maintaining quality. We’re the people who go for SW nights, and OBB, and 100 Years, and Dapper Day, and the holidays, and just to go, and this year, we’re just … not. Maybe others are like that too.

I might go next year

But it's mainly just meet and greets

If we got some live shows/show sin general then I'd be there but 2 hour long lines to meet characters for almost 200 bucks....is a lot

I know its fun to get to dress up with everyone but most people don't have that kinda money for something for just fun
I see the comment about multi-hour long lines for characters at the special events often. I am a character collector and attend the special events at WDW and DL specifically for the characters. At DL, I've done Oogie Boogie Bash and Disney After Dark, the most recent being Sweetheart's Nite in January. I've never waited in a marathon line for any character. Lines ebb and flow, so part of it is having a plan and being strategic. But I have never seen multi-hour lines.

Of course - my experience is only mine. I chatted with a lady at DL in January who said she waited two hours for the Sanderson Sisters at an Oogie Boogie event. I believe her. I just wanted to put in my two cents that hour-long or two-hour-long character lines at these events are not the norm or the average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter