Just Twiddling My Thumbs Waiting for Star Wars Nite Tix

I got on at 9:00am or shortly thereafter this morning on one device. Initial window said over an hour, but then it started to drop. Had a few minutes where it fluctuated back and forth between over and under 30 minutes. Then as happens with runDisney race registration, the wait time started to drop significantly. By 9:40am or so, I was all checked out with my one ticket for May 9th. The email notice came through when my queue said 10 minutes to go.

When my queue opened up, I had to wait a few seconds for Disney's system to actually let me in. I also had to sign in.

One thing to note. If you're buying tickets for multiple nights, you will need to reenter the queue to purchase for the separate night. Your queue spot is good for one night only.

As of just now, Inspire Magic Key holders can still purchase tickets for Star Wars Nite with a less than one minute wait.

I got on at 9:00am or shortly thereafter this morning on one device. Initial window said over an hour, but then it started to drop. Had a few minutes where it fluctuated back and forth between over and under 30 minutes. Then as happens with runDisney race registration, the wait time started to drop significantly. By 9:40am or so, I was all checked out with my one ticket for May 9th. The email notice came through when my queue said 10 minutes to go.

When my queue opened up, I had to wait a few seconds for Disney's system to actually let me in. I also had to sign in.

One thing to note. If you're buying tickets for multiple nights, you will need to reenter the queue to purchase for the separate night. Your queue spot is good for one night only.

As of just now, Inspire Magic Key holders can still purchase tickets for Star Wars Nite with a less than one minute wait.
I'm trying to understand the new email queue. Are you saying you entered your email, but then stayed in the queue? I thought the point of the email system was that you don't have to stay in the queue waiting? Sorry, it's probably obvious, but I'm not comprehending:)

View attachment 835571
This is what the fine print is. Whether people follow that is a different story, but if I remember correctly they really cracked down on Oogie Boogie ticket resale this past fall. I don’t think there’s a way to transfer actual tickets (like how Ticketmaster does it for example) so you’d also be at the mercy of the seller being honest and not selling the same barcode several times.

I would be online as early as possible (I got in the queue at I think 8:44 this morning), on as many devices as possible, and cross your fingers.

Thanks for the feedback and tip. May the force be with us on Friday!

Based on your feedback, I won't chance buying them in the market, because the one thing that would be more disappointing to her than not getting tickets would be showing up and being turned away due to fraud. We will make the best of it if we don't get them and spend a relaxing evening at the hotel. We will still make it a fantastic trip.

Last edited:

/Edited/ The allotment for key holders for May 2nd is sold out as of 2/21 at 9:45am. The rest of the dates were still available. As Lisa24jks mentioned below - this is only "some" of the tickets so that date may be available to the general public in a few days.

Last edited:
May 2nd is sold out as of 2/21 at 9:45am. The rest were still available.

I think it's important to clarify that it's sold out for the keyholder sales as they use different allotments for these days. There may still be tickets available for public sales.

(Not saying that you personally don't know that. I've just seen some people panic when they see messages like that because they think there won't be any left for public sales.)

Super easy. Just signed on got May 7th and done in less then 10 mins. Wanted to go during the Pixar Festival so this works perfectly. Glad for not having to wait for hours for once.

I think it's important to clarify that it's sold out for the keyholder sales as they use different allotments for these days. There may still be tickets available for public sales.

(Not saying that you personally don't know that. I've just seen some people panic when they see messages like that because they think there won't be any left for public sales.)
I am nervous about getting them that day with general sale but you are correct. I took a screenshot of it saying those tickets were limited for pre sale. I'm guessing that is going to be a popular date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_103424_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_103424_Chrome.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 7
I'm trying to understand the new email queue. Are you saying you entered your email, but then stayed in the queue? I thought the point of the email system was that you don't have to stay in the queue waiting? Sorry, it's probably obvious, but I'm not comprehending:)
No worries. I could have been more clear.

After I entered my email, I chose to keep my browser window open showing the wait time. In my specific case, I had 3 consecutive meetings beginning at 10:00am so I would check the wait time periodically while working just in case something changed before my meetings started. And honestly, I did not want to accidentally miss the email ding from my phone just in case. I was prepared to inform all of my meetings that I was waiting to buy tickets and may have to take a brief break to buy the tickets, but fortunately for me I was finished with the entire process before the first appointment started.

Shortly after my open browser said 10 minutes, I received the email notice from Disney. Based on the wording, I assumed that the 10 minute notice would come when my window actually opened, not 10 minutes before it opened. So your 10 minutes to purchase window essentially opens 10 minutes before your window actually opens. Meaning I do not know what happens if you were to rejoin your queue 15 minutes after the 10 minute notification.

Each queue is unique so once you used it, you have to rejoin a brand new queue. Meaning purchasing for multiple nights and such.

In the email was a link to rejoin my queue if I had closed my browser window. Clicking on it opened a new browser tab with the countdown running and same queue ID as the already open one.

When my time actually came, a minute or so after the redirection started, I was taken to the purchase site. This was not in near immediate switchover I'm used from the runDisney registration wait times. I also had to refresh once because the site still said Star Wars Nite was not available, but the refresh fixed that problem.

No worries. I could have been more clear.

After I entered my email, I chose to keep my browser window open showing the wait time. In my specific case, I had 3 consecutive meetings beginning at 10:00am so I would check the wait time periodically while working just in case something changed before my meetings started. And honestly, I did not want to accidentally miss the email ding from my phone just in case. I was prepared to inform all of my meetings that I was waiting to buy tickets and may have to take a brief break to buy the tickets, but fortunately for me I was finished with the entire process before the first appointment started.

Shortly after my open browser said 10 minutes, I received the email notice from Disney. Based on the wording, I assumed that the 10 minute notice would come when my window actually opened, not 10 minutes before it opened. So your 10 minutes to purchase window essentially opens 10 minutes before your window actually opens. Meaning I do not know what happens if you were to rejoin your queue 15 minutes after the 10 minute notification.

Each queue is unique so once you used it, you have to rejoin a brand new queue. Meaning purchasing for multiple nights and such.

In the email was a link to rejoin my queue if I had closed my browser window. Clicking on it opened a new browser tab with the countdown running and same queue ID as the already open one.

When my time actually came, a minute or so after the redirection started, I was taken to the purchase site. This was not in near immediate switchover I'm used from the runDisney registration wait times. I also had to refresh once because the site still said Star Wars Nite was not available, but the refresh fixed that problem.
Super helpful, thank you.

Other than May 2, have any more days sold out (of the magic key allotment)?

Edit: According to the website, the presale is sold out. Is that true, or am I seeing that because I’m not logged in as a magic key holder?

Yes.

As of right now from DL website:

Magic Key holder pre-sale tickets are sold out. General admission tickets go on sale February 23, 2024, no earlier than 9:00 AM, Pacific Time.

Edit: According to the website, the presale is sold out. Is that true, or am I seeing that because I’m not logged in as a magic key holder?
When I bought my tickets for May 7th on the 21st the only date sold out at that time was May 9th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter