Just back - room check info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say it was neither. More likely it was taken by an airport baggage handler.

Highly doubtful. I had a TSA approved lock on it when I checked it at the airport that was still locked when I picked it up at MCO. Also had several other meds, including narcotic pain meds, in the same pocket of my suitcase when I flew and those weren't missing. The likelihood that a baggage handler had the TSA padlock key and bypassed the pain meds in my suitcase to steal a vitamin injection is next to nil. I put the narcotics in the safe when I got to the room but didn't worry about looking for or locking up the B12 and syringe because they were buried under a bunch of crap in the pocket of my bag and I really didn't figure someone would search that hard to find it or want to steal a freaking vitamin injection.

Highly doubtful. I had a TSA approved lock on it when I checked it at the airport that was still locked when I picked it up at MCO. Also had several other meds, including narcotic pain meds, in the same pocket of my suitcase when I flew and those weren't missing. The likelihood that a baggage handler had the TSA padlock key and bypassed the pain meds in my suitcase to steal a vitamin injection is next to nil. I put the narcotics in the safe when I got to the room but didn't worry about looking for or locking up the B12 and syringe because they were buried under a bunch of crap in the pocket of my bag and I really didn't figure someone would search that hard to find it or want to steal a freaking vitamin injection.

As a side-note, never put those sort of things in your checked bags. It is a very bad idea. Too tempting for anyone along the chain who handles your bags to steal. And I would put no faith at all in those locks. If someone at the airport wants in your bag the will get in.

Not to mention, the hassle if your bag gets misdirected or you end up with a lengthy delay and can't get to your meds.

We stayed at BRV in February. Had two rooms. My 2-bedroom was checked between 10am and Noon each day. She simply walked in to the kitchen, took the garbage and left. That was the extent of her check. My daughter's studio was a different story. I had requested no housekeeping, due to allergies, but was told they HAD to come in the room each day to check and get garbage. Her room was checked anywhere between 10am and 5pm; never the same time. When they knocked while she was in the room she told them she didn't need housekeeping. The housekeeper never told my daughter she needed to check the room. Two hours later my daughter comes back from Roaring Forks and enters her room. There was no cart outside her room or was the door propped open. She turns around and the housekeeper comes walking out of the bathroom. Scared the daylights out of my daughter. The lady never apologized or explained why the door wasn't propped open. When we original checked in I did ask if they could come during a certain time period and was told I could ask but it wouldn't be guaranteed.

Doubt it.. really do. I have been a hotel GM for a major brand for 20 plus years. Could it happen, sure.. Twice at AKL? Nope.

I haven’t read the whole thread.

I rarely suspect housekeeping with such issues. But the way housekeeping has functioned, leaving their cart in front of one open-door room while working in the next door room, allows for guests to enter rooms that aren’t theirs. And that’s the huge issue I’ve had with housekeeping, and one of the reasons we rarely have them come in.

I honestly don't understand why people have such an issue with room checks. Any hotel that does them is protecting themselves as well as other guests.

Because they are forcing themselves into rooms when people are trying to sleep, shower, etc. That is unprecedented. That is abnormal.

I have traveled quite a bit, and my stbx has traveled more, and neither of us has EVER experienced this sort of thing.

I had a TSA approved lock on it when I checked it at the airport that was still locked when I picked it up at MCO. Also had several other meds, including narcotic pain meds, in the same pocket of my suitcase when I flew and those weren't missing.

You flew with those items in your checked bag?

I rarely suspect housekeeping with such issues. But the way housekeeping has functioned, leaving their cart in front of one open-door room while working in the next door room, allows for guests to enter rooms that aren’t theirs. And that’s the huge issue I’ve had with housekeeping, and one of the reasons we rarely have them come in.
Leaving a cart at a door doesn't allow a guest to enter that room. If you mean propping a door open and then working in another from what I've observed I believe they've been told to no longer leave doors open and the room unattended. I see only 1 door open, with the sign on it that the room is being serviced at this time.

So hard to fathom a housekeeper losing their job over a $5 necklace. Or even a $50 necklace. They've have to steal a whole lot to replace a job, and never get another after jail.

Makes that 20 $50 necklaces, what makes you think it’s just one? That’s the point, most wont complain about one item missing...it’s sneaky. My daughter is a DCP and has friends in mousekeeping, there are serious theft issues...but usually from part-timers that come and go.

Because they are forcing themselves into rooms when people are trying to sleep, shower, etc. That is unprecedented. That is abnormal.

I have traveled quite a bit, and my stbx has traveled more, and neither of us has EVER experienced this sort of thing.

Makes that 20 $50 necklaces, what makes you think it’s just one? That’s the point, most wont complain about one item missing...it’s sneaky. My daughter is a DCP and has friends in mousekeeping, there are serious theft issues...but usually from part-timers that come and go.

Not to mention in my case it was definitely NOT a 50.00 necklace, it was special made which mean we had to pay for a mold to be made with his dept logo and ID number then have the pendent made with the gold .. and because it was special made with a dept logo it was destroyed after so another could not be made .. it was not even the cost that was the kicker it was the value to ME ... and knowing it was simply melted or pawned for the gold is worse .

Do you mean that other guests are not deserving of full rest because they aren't out the door by 7:30am on a day they have a right to be in the room until 11am? I don't understand the purpose of your post.

This ... yeh seemed extremely passive aggressive.. and I agree , especially those of us that drive and would like to be well rested before that drive ..

We always sleep in on departure day. We typically stay 11 nights, 12 days. Buy a 10 day ticket for the parks. We do not go to parks on arrival or departure day. Departure morning, we sleep late (8:30ish), get ready for a late breakfast, bring our luggage outside to head to the airport, have breakfast at the resort around 9:30, go back to the room to get our carryons, use restroom and off we go.....at 11.

Normally our flight is later (4 - 6 ish) we drive over to Disney Springs and do some shopping, have lunch or snack and head to the airport.

We are always out the door by 7:30...

Spiffy. None of my kids would EVER willingly get up before 9am and i dont feel like fighting them while on vacation. We try to be at the parks by 10ish. And the plain fact of the matter is, we all pay for our rooms and therefore have the right to use them whenever we individually choose to do so. To each their own.

Highly doubtful. I had a TSA approved lock on it when I checked it at the airport that was still locked when I picked it up at MCO. Also had several other meds, including narcotic pain meds, in the same pocket of my suitcase when I flew and those weren't missing. The likelihood that a baggage handler had the TSA padlock key and bypassed the pain meds in my suitcase to steal a vitamin injection is next to nil.
https://www.computerworld.com/artic...ed-lock-on-your-suitcase-just-got-hacked.html
https://lock-picking.wonderhowto.co...a-approved-luggage-locks-are-useless-0164446/
https://theintercept.com/2015/09/17/tsa-doesnt-really-care-luggage-locks-hacked/
https://3dprint.com/143860/tsa-master-keys-hacked-again/
I would be irate if they came knocking at 7:30 am .. on the last day we sleep late before our drive . I pay up till 11 , I will be out by 11...
Then you also never even attempt to check in or access the room prior 593 PM your first day?

As a side-note, never put those sort of things in your checked bags. It is a very bad idea. Too tempting for anyone along the chain who handles your bags to steal. And I would put no faith at all in those locks. If someone at the airport wants in your bag the will get in.

Not to mention, the hassle if your bag gets misdirected or you end up with a lengthy delay and can't get to your meds.

Yes, I do fly with meds in my checked luggage. I bring some with me on the plane as well, enough to last a few days should my bags be lost or something stolen, but with the amount of meds I take, I'd fill my carry on with just medicine if I brought it all. We have kids so a lot of carry on space is spent for their necessities as well. I know meds do not count towards allowable carry on bag limits, but I don't like to carry on anything I can't fit under the seat in front of me. More often than not when I fly, the overhead bins are so full that you can't fit your own belongings in the one above you and for the last several flights, people have had to gate check their carry ons when there was no more room. That leaves far too many openings for stuff to be messed with by other passengers when it's out of my reach. I also don't like to have all my meds in my carry on, because people get their stuff stolen out of carry on bags going through the scanners or being hand checked all the time as well. Also with the chaos of having your carry-on hand searched runs the risk that something just falls out or gets missed going back into your bag. Plus, the likelihood that someone is going to steal from my checked AND carry on bag for the same flight is pretty minimal.

I also bury my meds in my checked luggage under diapers and kid stuff as most people aren't going to take the time to dig through what they presume is a child's bag for valuables.

Oh, I know! :) I'm not under any delusions that people can't get through my lock if they really want to. But it's still one more barrier of protection. Someone who wants to steal is going to go for the easiest, quickest thing to steal from first. Sure, they can still get in my bag but it will take longer and may deter someone in a hurry. Also, I use a lock that has to be locked back up for the key to come out, which adds a little bit more time for them to lock it back up if they want their key back. If I get my luggage back with a key stuck in it, it'll be clear that it's been tampered with as TSA isn't going to leave their key in a lock. DH works for the airline we use so I'm quite familiar with the opportunities baggage handlers have to mess with bags and due to the high number of cameras everywhere, it's difficult for them to get away with it (at least at our airline/airport) if they're not super quick.

Was at Kidani from Mar. 22-25. The first full day I was there I don't think I received a security check because my trash was never emptied. On Saturday I left the room around 10 and came back around 2. Trash still there. About 4:30 pm a guy nocks and says it's "maintenance/security check" he comes in and proceeds to turn on my faucets and flush the toilet. Ok fine what ever. Never looked in the closet. So I'm thinking I'm good to go ahead and take a shower because I've had my security check. Nope. At 5:30 pm another knock at the door from another man "maintenance/security check". I tell him it's already been done but let him an anyways. He proceeds to flip light switches but never checks the closet. And nobody emptied my trash the whole time I was there! I did go down to the front desk to let them know that I had the security check done twice in 1 hour. Was not looking for compensation or anything just wanted them to be aware that it was very odd.

Was at Kidani from Mar. 22-25. The first full day I was there I don't think I received a security check because my trash was never emptied. On Saturday I left the room around 10 and came back around 2. Trash still there. About 4:30 pm a guy nocks and says it's "maintenance/security check" he comes in and proceeds to turn on my faucets and flush the toilet. Ok fine what ever. Never looked in the closet. So I'm thinking I'm good to go ahead and take a shower because I've had my security check. Nope. At 5:30 pm another knock at the door from another man "maintenance/security check". I tell him it's already been done but let him an anyways. He proceeds to flip light switches but never checks the closet. And nobody emptied my trash the whole time I was there! I did go down to the front desk to let them know that I had the security check done twice in 1 hour. Was not looking for compensation or anything just wanted them to be aware that it was very odd.
And I would want the trash emptied at that point. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter