• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back! I must say..WDW has…...

Awesome video.

Interesting take on the Walt Disney World subject. I do not agree however as when he announced it, he announced it as Disney World. Like said above, it was Roys idea to add the "Walt" after he passed away and work commenced on the project. I guess it doesn't really bother me as much as I'm from the west coast and we've never called it Walt Disney Land...

Awesome video.

Interesting take on the Walt Disney World subject. I do not agree however as when he announced it, he announced it as Disney World. Like said above, it was Roys idea to add the "Walt" after he passed away and work commenced on the project. I guess it doesn't really bother me as much as I'm from the west coast and we've never called it Walt Disney Land...
Different animal for us Easterners! Disneyland predates WDW by nearly 20 years! And in those days california was A LONG ways away…geographically and culturally. Walt didn't even know Disneyland East would work for us New Yorkers until the Worlds fair 64' I was there in 65'…To us Easterners the WALT name means Disneyland for us!

they can kill it and will if they think it will make them money. And that is why we have to be vocal in our opinions and criticisms. It is not bashing Disney. It is bashing management.
I wouldn't put anything past any corporate robot…and yes I don't believe being politically correct on these boards helps preserve what we'd like to see changed and returned to the swamp! Agreed

I loved your video - thank you. I have always wanted to try a solo trip but haven't gotten up the nerve. This could give me the "bump" I need.

Pam

I took a 5 day solo trip recently for the 24 hour party in May and it was great. No fastpasses no ADR's no schedule. I walked up to Rose and Crown at 8:30 and got a table with fireworks view. The food was great as always. And thanks for the video.

Loved the video and was pleasantly surprised to hear the music of "Iz" in the latter part! Absolutely made my day a bit brighter!!!

I loved your video - thank you. I have always wanted to try a solo trip but haven't gotten up the nerve. This could give me the "bump" I need.

Pam
I can tell you this Pam I had some of the same trepidation although I have traveled the real world alone I was worried that at WDW I would be lonely, miss family or a girlfriend (if I had one)..BUT this was not the case for a single second. Quite the opposite. The CMs resort wide especially the older ones filled that gap with amazing joy…I met bartenders, waiters, managers, grounds people, housekeepers, drivers etc…that blew me away with their love for WDW and for people. I never once felt outa place. Actually I felt liberated from those families towing unhappy crying kids or partners who wanted to do something else. I couldn't wait to get back to my room at the Poly and take a shower, flip on the cartoon channel, sit on my balcony and then go back out to the MK for an hour or two. Eating at the bar at the California Grill with Clinta the greatest bartender imaginable or John at the Poly late at night was like these people were my long time friends. I highly encourage you to DO IT!

Thank you for the gift of your film. We are heading there shortly for a mostly resort- which, considering it's the Fort campground, is saying a lot- stay, and you highlighted so well the fact that there is so much to appreciate outside the park.
Watching it just now amid a the dark and gloomy thunderstorms, this family felt some peace, beauty, and humanworth that has to be the real legacy of Walt Disney. We *especially* loved the photos of cast members.
"Hey mom, we forgot to mail in our letters to the Disney company, to tell how awesome those CMs were- the ones we got autographs from, because they were so good at making magic!".
"Right, kids. That was important. How are we going to make that happen this year?" ( I know the answer, just want them to "own" that activity even more). And they moved into action.
For us, your film spurred action and encouraged better follow through on our part to 'Pay it Forward', from now, to a few weeks hence.
Thanks again for the time and the gift.

Thank you for the gift of your film. We are heading there shortly for a mostly resort- which, considering it's the Fort campground, is saying a lot- stay, and you highlighted so well the fact that there is so much to appreciate outside the park.
Watching it just now amid a the dark and gloomy thunderstorms, this family felt some peace, beauty, and humanworth that has to be the real legacy of Walt Disney. We *especially* loved the photos of cast members.
"Hey mom, we forgot to mail in our letters to the Disney company, to tell how awesome those CMs were- the ones we got autographs from, because they were so good at making magic!".
"Right, kids. That was important. How are we going to make that happen this year?" ( I know the answer, just want them to "own" that activity even more). And they moved into action.
For us, your film spurred action and encouraged better follow through on our part to 'Pay it Forward', from now, to a few weeks hence.
Thanks again for the time and the gift.
WoW! Thank you so much. I love that people relate to what I've created and shared that we have in common. Lovely reply, thank you. Fort Wilderness was a place I spend plenty of time in biking and filming..To me it is pure history and the original vibration. Please do me a favor and go to see the Big Black and White horse at his stable at Tri Circle..he brought me to total tears when I went up to him. I know that that animal is the embodiment of love and life. I completely lost it..and he knew why.

Tim,
You can count on it!
We remember that particular horse from last year. Several of my daughters inherited a particular affinity for horses, and 'talking' with them there, frequently is a sure thing. He'll be glad!

Wow, the video! It's clear you've put your heart and soul into it, it's beautiful, thank you so much for that.

Sorry to hear you're fairly disappointed in WDW.

I don't know if you'd relate, but in my last couple of visits I found myself not as excited at times - or stressed even: over-planning, having those plans destroyed in seconds, balancing everyone's needs, being frustrated on how the food (mostly snacks) is/are not what it used to be.

Then, at breaking point, I'd have a Peter Pan moment and forget all these "adult" worries and try to make the best of it, I was at WDW after all.:upsidedow

Wow, the video! It's clear you've put your heart and soul into it, it's beautiful, thank you so much for that.

Sorry to hear you're fairly disappointed in WDW.

I don't know if you'd relate, but in my last couple of visits I found myself not as excited at times - or stressed even: over-planning, having those plans destroyed in seconds, balancing everyone's needs, being frustrated on how the food (mostly snacks) is/are not what it used to be.

Then, at breaking point, I'd have a Peter Pan moment and forget all these "adult" worries and try to make the best of it, I was at WDW after all.:upsidedow
Glad you loved the video!
Im not necessarily disappointed in WDW…you can see in the video I was having a fantastic time. I just don't like the corporate agenda overtaking to the extent that it has and is noticeably so….The park, the CMs, the land is still beautiful..The recking of the iconic and tranquil Polynesian with the trashing of the fountain and bulldozing of Sunset Point to 'trow up' 20 Pizza Huts is a tough pill to get down but when its finished and in time we will learn to live with it…That historic era has passed at The Poly…but the magic is still there in what is left and in the long time CMs.

Thank you for making that video "for me". It was truly lovely. We were there at the same time, and you made me feel like we were still there! You really got me with the picture of Walt at the very end.

Thank you for making that video "for me". It was truly lovely. We were there at the same time, and you made me feel like we were still there! You really got me with the picture of Walt at the very end.

Glad you liked it. September is great at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter