• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back! I must say..WDW has…...

Really lovely video -- thanks for sharing it!

It's interesting... while I've noticed those same changes -- and as a PP said, most have been around for a while, and one is even reversing somewhat more recently -- one of the things that I think your video does is put that in perspective. Whether the napkins say "Disney Parks" or "Walt Disney World", or whether I can find a Contemporary t-shirt on this trip or not pales in importance to all the wonderful things that keep many of us going back to WDW so many times!

And I know you had a great time despite those things -- which is terrific -- and makes sense!! :)
Thank you. You are so very right! Yeah funny how the video sticks to the original area mostly…surely the heart of the Lagoon, the Poly, the monorail, The Contemp, still beats with the pulse of us all who come to enjoy…no suit can kill that..for the time being anyway!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your AWESOME video, you made my day! Your not looney, I'm right with ya, it's WALT DISNEY WORLD! I'll be there in two weeks with my sweet boys 11 and 9 making memories, I pray they never forget, I certainly won't. Thanks again friend, keep that Disney smile on, I love it.

You are an amazing photographer! Thank you so much for sharing your video. It highlights so much of the reason I've enjoyed going to WDW for almost 40 years. I've griped about a lot of the recent changes; your video reminds me that despite that, there's still so much about WDW that hasn't changed.
Thank you so very much.

I really loved your video. It looks like you had a magical time..Thanks so much for sharing.

@tim123

You couldn't find one shirt at the MK that said "Magic Kingdom"? Oh my gosh...that *is* bad. And nothing at Typhoon Lagoon...not even a beach towel?

@tim123 You couldn't find one shirt at the MK that said "Magic Kingdom"? Oh my gosh...that *is* bad. And nothing at Typhoon Lagoon...not even a beach towel?

How weird. I bought two different shirts that said Magic kingdom in January. Hopefully they have some epcot ones in October.

@tim123

You couldn't find one shirt at the MK that said "Magic Kingdom"? Oh my gosh...that *is* bad. And nothing at Typhoon Lagoon...not even a beach towel?
Nope!
Maybe at the MK they will restock or something..but there was not ONE SINGLE shirt that said Magic Kingdom on it. I looked everywhere and had CM try to help. I was there 1o days. So I bought every shirt that said Walt Disney world on em. Go figure.. Thats the corporate disconnect at work….Remember all of WDW is just a tiny speck of the Disney corporation….and profit above all else rules. Sad but true…with that being said much is very much in place to love.

Nope!
Maybe at the MK they will restock or something..but there was not ONE SINGLE shirt that said Magic Kingdom on it. I looked everywhere and had CM try to help. I was there 1o days. So I bought every shirt that said Walt Disney world on em. Go figure.. Thats the corporate disconnect at work….Remember all of WDW is just a tiny speck of the Disney corporation….and profit above all else rules. Sad but true…with that being said much is very much in place to love.

Where else in WDW did you venture to? Did you hit all four parks?

Mesmerizing video, btw!:thumbsup2

Where else in WDW did you venture to? Did you hit all four parks?

Mesmerizing video, btw!:thumbsup2
Mesmerizing !! Well thats a wonderful comment..thank you.
Being at the Poly was so wonderful..havent stayed there for decades..because of the construction I got a once in a life time rate…so having the monorail was so key to enjoying WDW…zip in and out…home to Fiji longhouse in minutes..loved that and am so spoiled now!
I went to Epcot twice, HS, and Typhoon Lagoon, WL, and Fort Wilderness…mostly I relished my view from Fiji and walked everywhere imaginable. Ten days of bliss and magic…empty Polynesian and and super low crowds park wide..never needed my fast passes…forgot I had them! Yeah September!

What an amazing video! It definitely brought tears to my eyes watching it. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Excuse me and thanks for the lesson in corporatetism…um if you bother to see the film you will CLEARLY see a person having a FABULOUS time at WDW! And sharing observations about our recent experiences is what this forum is about.
I was there last year and this time round the 10 year changes I missed last year were very pervasive to me this time around. Thanks for enlightening me about corporations legal responsibility to be greedy.

Beautiful video. I really enjoyed it!!

Don't you know you are not allowed to make anything negative statements towards WDW...the second you do you will find those ready to flame you as a negative nelly who cannot enjoy their vacation b/c you are looking for the negative. I don't get that concept...you can still have a magical vacation, but notice some not so great changes too. I think it is a shame if people walk around with blinders on.

The "Disney Parks" thing and the lack of resort specific merchandise really annoys me as well. Every store looks the same, and who would rather have a "Disney Parks" t-shirt which is not specific to their vacation? Why do I want Disneyland logos on merchandise I'm buying at Walt Disney World?

Why does my resort have to sell me the same exact merchandise I can find in 40 different shops throughout the parks? The only thing resort specific I've found in my 4 stays at moderate resorts this year was a pin and maybe a 5x7 print. And they didn't even have separate pins for Riverside and French Quarter, even that was a generic "Port Orleans" to maximize profits by making a bigger order of one design as opposed to two smaller orders of 2 different designs. Guess what? If they had 2 different designs they would have had 2 sales from me. Instead they only got one.

We always buy a Christmas ornament to represent each vacation we take as a family. With Disney resort stays, we would get one from the resort where we were staying. Unfortunately, this push to all generic merchandise has ruined that for our family. I've talked to several cast members in the resort shops about this, and they all say they get requests like this all the time to have merchandise with the resort name and logo. Unfortunately, the merchandise decisions of what to produce are made far above their pay grade and not in any location close by.

The Walt Disney Company might make a few pennies of additional profit on each generic "Disney Parks" shirt they sell which they don't have to customize for each of the locations. I guess they figure most people really don't care. They go into a shop looking to buy a t-shirt and will buy a "Disney Parks" one if that is all that's available.

Gee...thanks Tim. You have "crushed" my "productivity" for the morning. ;)

Absoluteley one of the most enjoyable WDW vids I've ever watched...QUALITY & CONTENT. Top notch!
I can't wait for my son to get home from school so I can show it to him!

Thanks for sharing! pixiedust:

The "Disney Parks" thing and the lack of resort specific merchandise really annoys me as well. Every store looks the same, and who would rather have a "Disney Parks" t-shirt which is not specific to their vacation? Why do I want Disneyland logos on merchandise I'm buying at Walt Disney World?

Why does my resort have to sell me the same exact merchandise I can find in 40 different shops throughout the parks? The only thing resort specific I've found in my 4 stays at moderate resorts this year was a pin and maybe a 5x7 print. And they didn't even have separate pins for Riverside and French Quarter, even that was a generic "Port Orleans" to maximize profits by making a bigger order of one design as opposed to two smaller orders of 2 different designs. Guess what? If they had 2 different designs they would have had 2 sales from me. Instead they only got one.

We always buy a Christmas ornament to represent each vacation we take as a family. With Disney resort stays, we would get one from the resort where we were staying. Unfortunately, this push to all generic merchandise has ruined that for our family. I've talked to several cast members in the resort shops about this, and they all say they get requests like this all the time to have merchandise with the resort name and logo. Unfortunately, the merchandise decisions of what to produce are made far above their pay grade and not in any location close by.

The Walt Disney Company might make a few pennies of additional profit on each generic "Disney Parks" shirt they sell which they don't have to customize for each of the locations. I guess they figure most people really don't care. They go into a shop looking to buy a t-shirt and will buy a "Disney Parks" one if that is all that's available.
Corporate example of indifference….They don't care..$$ rules and the new generation doesn't know the difference…sad.

Gee...thanks Tim. You have "crushed" my "productivity" for the morning. ;)

Absoluteley one of the most enjoyable WDW vids I've ever watched...QUALITY & CONTENT. Top notch!
I can't wait for my son to get home from school so I can show it to him!

Thanks for sharing! pixiedust:
Wow! Thank you..means so much to me!

Corporate example of indifference….They don't care..$$ rules and the new generation doesn't know the difference…sad.

How long until they take away the "I got soaked on Splash Mountain" t-shirts and replace them with a shirt showing some generic water drops with the saying "I got wet on a Disney Parks ride which contained water"? They could sell those at any water ride all over the world. Think of the profits!

How long until they take away the "I got soaked on Splash Mountain" t-shirts and replace them with a shirt showing some generic water drops with the saying "I got wet on a Disney Parks ride which contained water"? They could sell those at any water ride all over the world. Think of the profits!

ssshhhh don't give em any ideas they are listening and some suit is stealing your suggestion ! sshhh

Thank you. You are so very right! Yeah funny how the video sticks to the original area mostly…surely the heart of the Lagoon, the Poly, the monorail, The Contemp, still beats with the pulse of us all who come to enjoy…no suit can kill that..for the time being anyway!
they can kill it and will if they think it will make them money. And that is why we have to be vocal in our opinions and criticisms. It is not bashing Disney. It is bashing management.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter