Just Back from 1st BLT visit - TR, Pictures and Video-Misc-Critters

Still loving your TR! Thank you for letting us live vicariously through you ;) We rode Star Tours while we were at DL this summer - it just reopened the first part of June. I think between fast passes and rider switches my 5 year old rode it 7 times - mostly with my DH (who is a HUGE SW fan and the reason we have attended SW Weekends). They loved it and I think my DH said there are 50 something options for your ride - so very cool!!! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR :)

We submerged ourselves into Star Tours to the tune of $75. :)

50 options is cool. Great Ride.

Why am I always smiling? Should have put on my serious face.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

enjoyed your pics....we loved the band at Epcot too, watched the whole show and wanted more :) we went in early June..Rained once while we were on a ride and was done by the time we got off the ride...whew!

The last day of our trip, The Enchanted Tiki Room, reopened. :yay::woohoo:
We were fortunate enough to catch the very first showing at 10 am. We showed up about 20 minutes before 10 and the line was not too bad. I was first concerned we might not make the first showing. When reviewing this video, I was surprised at my need to "push" ahead. I wasn't being rude. It's just that people don't fill in the empty space and I was excited to see the first show. You know, "Please fill in all available space". Or, "Please don't stop in middle, continue all the way down the row." I love that. There was a lot of excitement in the air. I comment about a "big" guy during the video. No malice intended. I'm a big guy. I appreciate his excitement and it was really cute.

Enjoy.

Day 5 is for Animal Kingdom for starters. We never seem to spend a whole day there. The local TV weather people were calling for record heat.:scared1:
That surprised me. Break a record for heat? That's a record I wasn't excited about breaking. ;)
Bus ride was not too bad but the longest of the week. With stops at Poly and Blizzard Beach, it's about an hour one way.

I like taking shots as family is checking out stuff
imagezibx.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-20

We head straight for Everest. Thought I'd get sick when it goes backwards. It seems really short to me and I'm fine. The beauty and detail of this ride is best in WDW.

We checked out these monkeys or whatever their called on the way over to Everest. Family could watch them forever. This one guy was making his way along the long rope from outpost to main jungle gym. Later in the day, a guy asked if they ever do this. Yes, I said.
imagejsi.jpg

imagexpu.jpg

One of the best rides to wait in line for. It's like a museum.
imagejtc.jpg

We skip the Nemo puppet show and head for Dinosaur. Everybody loves this ride. The loud dinosaur always gets me. Still, why do I always have the same smiling grin in all the pictures?

I'm one of those guys who hijacks the ride pictures. :)
imagehalv.jpg

We grab some ice cream and DS says he'd like a turkey leg. We believe they have them here. Would you believe there was a stand right around the corner?

A manly man meal.
imagekqk.jpg

Then, it's Tough To Be A Bug. I think I got a termite up the butt. :rotfl: Family tells me they know it's coming so they sit up. Now they tell me.

A couple of my honorary bugs.
imageez.jpg

I have the first of three slushie's for the day. It was hot. Not sure it was a record breaker. I mean, hot is hot. What's the difference if we break a record?

Safari time. It's been a while since I've done the safari and I love animals. DW and DSIL pass. They get sick from bus fumes and heat. Just me and the kids head out for the two week excursion. At least that's what the CM tells us.
Good shots of giraffes. Some babies out there.
imagejlj.jpg

Learned my zoom works pretty good for a point and shoot. Got this little guy
pretty good. Seems all the animals were on the opposite side from me. Little Japanese boy kept kicking me from behind. How do you say excuse me in Japanese?

Baby elephant
imagemki.jpg

Warthog taking a nap. Zoom works good on this one too.
imageppe.jpg

After safari, DD gets into African dance routine. Cute.
imagesjw.jpg

Girls run off to do Lion King show and Boys go to see Flights of Wonder. Problem is that I get the FW time wrong and we miss it. We hang around and try to do Kali River Rapids but it's a 75 min wait. :scared1:
We get frozen Coke's and watch monkeys and by that time Girls are ready leave.

Love the Tree Of Life and catch this picture on way out.
imagecyl.jpg

We chill back at the room. I walked around CR with DD. We check out the pool, dock, boats and prices for rentals.

Dinner was O'hana. I've decided this is my favorite restaurant on property. It's a griller's dream and I love to grill. The salad has a real yummy dressing. Lady at work says she's sending me the recipe. DS loved and raved about the lemon bread. I'm afraid to fill up on bread when I know the meat parade is coming. ;) Dumplings, veggies, chicken wings with sauces and the skewers of beef, chicken, port and large tiger shrimp. Roll me out.
The sauces are so good too for dipping. Cousins, it's awesome! DD gets a nice Vegan meal from chef and she's loving it too. The chefs love to do special stuff if you have a food allergy or special need. Finish meal off with bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and carmel sauce.

DD have some alone time as we head over to MK for parade, castle show and wishes. We get a nice picture from photopass and she really wants me to buy because she wants it for her room at college. We take her tomorrow for her freshman year. We do Laugh Floor and it's really funny. I really enjoyed this one. We text a joke and it get's read live by little Mike's cousin.
Why did Cinderella get kicked off the soccer team? She kept leaving the ball. :rotfl:

We watch Wishes. A little man get really upset at me when I stand in front of him. My bad, I didn't notice him. Did he really think nobody would block his way? About 10 people after me, block his way. I sit back and enjoy the lunacy. :lmao: Wishes is great from this spot in front of castle. Tinker Bell flies right over our heads. Nice to see several perspectives of the show during the week.

Walk back to BLT. Nice to work way through crowd and just stroll back to BLT to end the evening.

Day 6 Late start, EPCOT and EMH at MK

We did not have an overhang or chairs with our island. That would have been helpful. Wonder if it's because we were in an odd numbered room. Also we were in the exact middle, so I wonder if our room was a hair smaller than the rest. Hmm..

Your trip is like ours except a few days later and your kids are big. But not too crazy, but still productive. Enjoying it.

You are correct. We have stayed in uneven and even. Only the even rooms have the bar chairs, but a tiny laundry closet. The odd rooms have no bar chairs, but a walkin laundry room. The first time we stayed in an odd numbered room, we reported that our bar chairs were missing....:rotfl2:

Six days into the trip so we're sleeping in a little too late for rope drop. We take monorail to EPCOT for Land and Sea attractions. We do Land boat ride, clam cars and Turtle Talk. We try to get FP for Test Track but it's too crowded. No problem, it's past 11am anyway so let's get a margarita.

Run across a Segway train on the way to Mexico
imagexggv.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-21

I take a lot of panoramic photos at EPCOT. Over a hundred pictures today and many panoramic. I love this feature for EPCOT pictures.

imageseq.jpg

I like the new Mexican counter service set up.
imageufd.jpg

We do Norway boat ride and finally buy the Leila perfume.
I really like School Bread but I'm full and pass it up. Took pictures instead.
imageuhh.jpg

imagemgi.jpg

Took a picture for each pavilion so I could have for memory. Love World Showcase! :banana:

imageokf.jpg

imageboi.jpg

Beer and pretzels anyone?
imagegfg.jpg

We caught the Ziti Girls show in Italy and we all play a part. They dress me up and one of the ladies calls me a "Beef Cake". Flatering. :lovestruc
I believe we took some video. I'll have to post later.

imagevexy.jpg

I like this shot from across the lake. Zoom works good on this point and shoot.

imageqzxw.jpg

We do French movie.
imageeow.jpg

We check out French pastries. Yum
imageokq.jpg

We plan to check out British Revolution band but it's the same songs as last time, so we cut it short.
imagepdz.jpg

DD in British shops. Not sure who the two guys are. Beatles I guess.
imagehgv.jpg

DW tries to trick people near the phone booths. She has the phone booth numbers. She calls booth but not many people pick up. She gets one on the hook but she hangs up quick. Good clean fun. :lmao:

We do Test Track and then head out.
Like this picture of a close up under big golf ball.
imageasw.jpg

We go over to Captain Cooks at Poly for a burger, Dole Whip.

Here's one of O'hana
imageewth.jpg

Took a couple out by pool and across the lake to CR and BLT
imagelqgr.jpg

My Home from Poly
imageagf.jpg

Poly from the beach. Looks like an old time postcard.
imagescl.jpg

We head back to CR/BLT on monorail. Storm is brewing. While walking across the Sky Bridge to room, I'm talking with a nice chap. Then, all of sudden, I hear the loudest crack of thunder/lightning I've ever heard. Makes me jump out of my skin and I thought the other guy messed his pants. We laugh and carry on.
DW and I take about a 4 hour nap. DD wakes us up. We get drinks at CR with mugs and catch part of castle show from Sky Bridge. All five of us head up to TOTWL for Wishes. Awesome to have my whole gang up there for Wishes. Amazing moment for me. :thumbsup2

We head over to MK for EMH. It's open till 3am. Castle show is going again as we enter. On the way to HM, we see a little Japanese kid have a temper tantrum in Japanese. Precious to see this in all cultures specially since we've paid our dues long ago on that deal. :lmao:

I get same scene during hitchhiking ghosts. That's like 3 in a row. It's safe to say my head is now clearly off my shoulders.

We split with boys and do Small World. Stop into Cosmic Rays for free water and ice. It tastes like Small World pumped water in. We dump it out and press on. First bad and only bad tasting one of the trip. Carousel of Progress and People mover are down. Bummer. CM says it takes a while to work on COP. I've never done Astro Orbitor before so DD and I get in line. It's a long, slow line. We finally get up to the rocket to find that the two of us can't fit in one rocket. They only let up exactly enough people to rockets. I sit this one out. Not a bad thing. I believe I would have hurled. Fast and round and round. We next get an ice cream sundae. We drag DS to Pooh and Snow White. DW is sad that they plan on tearing Snow White down.
DS and I head home while DW and DD go towards Pirates. We're back in room around 2am. DW and DD show up around 3am. DW and I are up again at 7:30 and ready to go again. Yea Baby!!! :banana:

Day 7 Epcot and HollyWood Studios

im diggin this thread. i started to do this last year but got so busy i never finished the entire trip. I vow to make this a full thread when i get back in december from my seciond time at BLT. I frickin love itthere and this year will be a trip with 9 of us. wow

Is the one labeled "Took a couple out by pool and across the lake to CR and BLT" the Poly pool? I've never been over there. Looks really nice, we are heading down Wednesday and are planning on doing some pool hopping.
I wanted to get to Ohana's for dinner, so we might go over for a swim as well.

The panorama pictures are really cool.

Enjoying the TR!

Great pictures and wonderful trip report. Thanks for sharing. I love BLT! It looks like you and your family had a great time. What a fun family!! Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Is the one labeled "Took a couple out by pool and across the lake to CR and BLT" the Poly pool? I've never been over there. Looks really nice, we are heading down Wednesday and are planning on doing some pool hopping.
I wanted to get to Ohana's for dinner, so we might go over for a swim as well.

The panorama pictures are really cool.

Enjoying the TR!

Yes, that's the Poly pool including Volcano pool in all it's glory. We stayed at Poly years ago when the kids were younger on two trips. The resort is one of their favorites and has great memories for us. Enjoyed eating there and taking pictures for old memories sake. You can sit in pool and watch Wishes at night. The music is even under water. Highly recommended. It would be high on our list for a new DVC location.

im diggin this thread. i started to do this last year but got so busy i never finished the entire trip. I vow to make this a full thread when i get back in december from my seciond time at BLT. I frickin love itthere and this year will be a trip with 9 of us. wow

A nine person trip sounds like fun. I'd like to go with a big gang next time.

It does take some dedication do a TR like this one. First, you have to be dedicated to pictures and video on your trip. On many trips, I've been laxed in this area. I normally don't like to tote all the stuff around or lose the moment. I made a commitment to it on this trip. I wrote notes while on the trip which took more dedication. It easily takes an hour to upload pictures and write a daily report.

Appreciate the positive vibes. :goodvibes Your comments keep me motivated. Thanks!

Great pictures and wonderful trip report. Thanks for sharing. I love BLT! It looks like you and your family had a great time. What a fun family!! Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I'm a lucky man.

Taking DD to college today. So glad we had this vacation together before she leaves. It's going to be an emotional day for the misses and me.

Wow, what a Fantastic Pictoral TR!!! … can't wait to fly across the pond from MAN to MCO on Virgin Atlantic's new A330, G-VSXY (Beauty Queen) in just 10 days time! spending 6 nights at AKL in a studio then home at BLT for 2 nights in a 1 BR at BLT …. got ADR's for Fantasmic, Le Cellier, California Grill and Wave …

Wow, what a Fantastic Pictoral TR!!! … can't wait to fly across the pond from MAN to MCO on Virgin Atlantic's new A330, G-VSXY (Beauty Queen) in just 10 days time! spending 6 nights at AKL in a studio then home at BLT for 2 nights in a 1 BR at BLT …. got ADR's for Fantasmic, Le Cellier, California Grill and Wave …

Hey Cousin! (my ancestry is English). Many English folks in WDW. You'll feel at home for sure. Very cute English boy was volunteer at car action show. I love the international presence there. I'm always trying to guess the languages I over hear.
Thanks for the positive vibe and feedback. Have a great time! :goodvibes

Day 7 is like a make-up day for some stuff we missed. We take monorail to Epcot and boat to Hollywood Studios. This post will be mostly of some resort pictures and a couple videos.

We got a real late start. Relaxing before we head out.
imagexyp.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-22

I took a few pictures and video around resort.
imageptg.jpg

These are out on the CR deck near the BLT Sky Bridge.
imagenub.jpg

imagekce.jpg

imageusm.jpg

imagesfg.jpg

Out behind the BLT before pool area
imagecpq.jpg

imagewds.jpg

imageykw.jpg

Entry to EPCOT
imageojw.jpg

At HS we do Indiana Jones and Star Tours.
imagemlo.jpg

We try to do Little Mermaid but decide not to wait in line. We race towards lunch at Back Lot because clouds are looking black and wind is picking up.
This storm side-swipes us and doesn't bring too much rain.

Nice shot on way to TOT.
imagervs.jpg

We take bus to EPCOT. DS and I do some Innoventions including an IBM thing where you put yourself in a video game. It's fun. Try it.
DS does the make your roller coaster ride. I pass. Thinking I could use a break from the spinning. I go over to Mouse Gears for a bit. I get a chuckle as there is an older couple on bench outside of Mouse Gears sleeping. The guy is doing the head bob routine and she's slumped over. Just can't take life in the fast lane. :rotfl:

We meet girls for margarita's in Mexico. Are you noticing a trend here?
Do Norway ride and finally buy the Leila perfume. Ahhhh... good for another couple years. We try and trick some more people at the British phone booths but we give up. No takers to pick up the ringing phone while we giggle near by. :lmao:
We ride Test Track and head out. DW goes to bed early this night. I go to TOTWL and tape Wishes and quickly head down to room to tape Electrical Water Pageant.

You just gotta listen to the video banter. It was an inside joke with us and the boys. This EWP is loud and you can tell by the video. It wakes up the boys every night they're in bed early. This thing is the silliest most hysterical thing in WDW. Don't you agree?

Elevator to TOTWL Video
Electrical Water Pageant Video

Enjoy!

Thanks for another great day full of pictures! Your video was the first time I have ever seen the water pageant. It is not quite what I was expecting, although I am not sure what exactly I was expecting! ;) I love your panoramic pictures! Thanks again for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter