Just Back from 1st BLT visit - TR, Pictures and Video-Misc-Critters

:thumbsup2 great report! We will be there in October, my Dh and I are staying at BLT the night before our cruise, looking forward to visiting the lounge to watch the fireworks! Just one question, my dd is not a big meat eater which is why I don't book ohanas when the kids are with us, what did they make for your daughter? And Do you have any pictures?
Thanks

DS and I check out TOTW for Wishes.

Can you tell me more about this? My family and I are going oct 15 - oc 22, and I have never heard of watching Wishes from the TOT.

I hope this person realizes that TOTW is not the Tower of Terror... :rotfl2:

To the OP, thanks again for all the work for the report, it was a blast!

I hope this person realizes that TOTW is not the Tower of Terror... :rotfl2:

To the OP, thanks again for all the work for the report, it was a blast!

I have to confess, I totally did, :blush: DOH! :blush: but after if asked the question, I figured it out.

I've really enjoyed reading your TR! :goodvibes

I love how enthusiastic you are about WDW, my Dad is too but he's alot more coy about it. :rolleyes:

I'm from the UK so that means verrrrry expensive air fare so my family & i can't go as much as we'd like but we're planning our next trip at the moment! :woohoo:

We're thinking about BLT for so many nights during our trip (2-3 weeks, yet to be finalised), what did you think of BLT overall? We are more into 'contemporary' decor. :)

I absolutely love the fact your DD loves McFly! :thumbsup2 I was pretty obsessed with them when i was a bit younger, especially Dougie! ;) (You're thinking "Who?" :lmao:)

:tink:

I have to confess, I totally did, :blush: DOH! :blush: but after if asked the question, I figured it out.

Rats, and you got me all excited! I love that ride and to watch Wishes at the same time - whoa, that would be way cool! Might miss a few of the fireworks between plunges but still...

DVC Dreamer -- I've loved this report. I definitely want to eat dinner at 1900 Park Fare to see the stepsisters. I've got there for breakfast [delicious, by the way] and met Alice and her gang along with the Pooh guys but no steps.

Speaking of the stepsisters, at my first MVMCP in 2009, they [the stepsisters and stepmother] were hosting a dance, near Ariel's grotto [not there any longer]. They were absolutely hilarious - got into a fight over who got to hold the microphone and their dancing was a hoot! I would love to see them in action more often.

:thumbsup2 great report! We will be there in October, my Dh and I are staying at BLT the night before our cruise, looking forward to visiting the lounge to watch the fireworks! Just one question, my dd is not a big meat eater which is why I don't book ohanas when the kids are with us, what did they make for your daughter? And Do you have any pictures?
Thanks

Ohana's made a large pasta dish for DD. Again, they were very nice and helpful. I didn't get a picture. Sorry, I was distracted by meat skewers. :rotfl2:

I remember her enjoying the meal and having leftovers. They have tofu-ti ice cream substitutes everywhere we went and she liked that. I believe DW confirmed vegan meal availability at each restaurant we visited ahead of time. Go for it!

Interesting how some people don't know about Top Of The World Lounge(TOTWL). At the end of a long WDW day, I have to motivate myself to go enjoy it. It's a perk you must not miss. Enjoy!

I've really enjoyed reading your TR! :goodvibes

I love how enthusiastic you are about WDW, my Dad is too but he's alot more coy about it. :rolleyes:

I'm from the UK so that means verrrrry expensive air fare so my family & i can't go as much as we'd like but we're planning our next trip at the moment! :woohoo:

We're thinking about BLT for so many nights during our trip (2-3 weeks, yet to be finalised), what did you think of BLT overall? We are more into 'contemporary' decor. :)

I absolutely love the fact your DD loves McFly! :thumbsup2 I was pretty obsessed with them when i was a bit younger, especially Dougie! ;) (You're thinking "Who?" :lmao:)

:tink:

Love the U.K. !!! Love your pavilion at EPCOT too. :)

I'm from the U.S.A. so that means Expensive vacation. Or, does it mean a vacation in WDW is expensive anyway to cut it. :thumbsup2
I did a 30 day pre-trip report and a big post trip report so I could milk every bit of fun out of this trip and investment into DVC. :)
We decided when we bought DVC to make this a priority in our lives. Getting tough with so many other expenses tugging at our wallet.

We absolutely loved BLT. I could do 2 weeks there easy. DW is one who likes to do over and over again what she enjoys and is comfortable with. I know she could do BLT over and over again. If you love the decor, there's no other thing I can think of that will deter your enthusiasm for BLT. We hear it on the boards and I over heard it from a lady coming of the monorail one night, "This place is ugly". DW and I just about lost it laughing.

My top favorite things about BLT -

1. Location - Duh... it's why we bought there and totally reinforced with our first stay. The ease of the monorail to MK resorts and EPCOT. Walking to MK is awesome. The views from everywhere including Sky Bridge, CR, room and TOTWL. The convenience and access to CR with a short walk.
2. Room - 2 bedroom dedicated. I realize you get this type of accommodations for all DVC. Regardless, the room for 6 people was amazing. Beds and pullouts were comfortable. Views are amazing. DW loved the laundry access. On and On and On....
3. I like the hotel feel - Elevators are fast. Views are awesome all over the place. Can't get lost. To be fair, I'll love the atmosphere at all the other DVC properties. While walking around the Poly, couldn't help but wish there was a DVC there.
4. Transportation is easy - Only need buses to AK and HS. Even with HS, we took boat one day for a relaxing trip from EPCOT.
5. Did I mention Location?

DD is a huge McFly fan. She told me she would not want to go on this trip if their tour passed our way at the same time. Luckily for me, they did not tour U.S. and she still got the thrill of saying Hi to one of their family members.

Enjoy your trip!

We check out at CR front desk. Glad to see no charges and no surprises on bill. Really fun to see no room charges!!! That's very cool. :banana: We did buy our park tickets when we checked in so these debits/credits are documented on bill. Very nice.
We have breakfast at Contempo Cafe and intend to make rope drop at MK. Great anticipation in hopes to see Enchanted Tiki Room as it's opening after being closed for refurb.
We miss rope drop. Fail to get teenagers moving in time. I realize that I have zero family pictures on my camera so I'm determined with PhotoPass to get some shots in front of Castle. I bought a couple of them and posted one earlier.
Here's one of the kids only.

allkids.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-24

For all of you with young kids, here's a scanned picture from 7 years ago. It's one of my favorites. They grow fast!
Think about it. Only 7 years ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ETR is scheduled to open at 10am so we go there first. It's about 9:40 am when we arrive and people are lining up. Feeling good we'll be able to be in the first group to see the new show. Note: next pictures taken with video camera. Not the greatest resolution. I take more video today and few pictures with regular camera.

dsc00034be.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-27

Waiting in line for attraction to open
dsc00032zh.jpg

Waiting for pre-show and now we know we're in for first showing. Man in blue tshirt is so excited and getting crowd excited too. Yea baby !!!! It's the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room !!! :banana:
dsc00044zc.jpg

DW tells me the show is more like the original. We like. I video taped the whole thing. Fun to see the excitement in crowd and able to see first showing.

We make our way to Splash Mtn only to find it's closed. No water flowing down the flume. Bummer. We go to Pirates.
There's a little construction going on next to Pirates and I like these quotes from Walt on all the construction walls.

All week I searched for a large cup for my coworker. She always admired the one I got a few years ago at Margaritaville. Of all places, this one available in MK counter service is best I find all week. It's filled with one of my favorite slushie's as a bonus - Raspberry Lemon. Cheaper than best cup I could find in shops too. $5 vs. $15

dsc00049et.jpg

Rest of my gang goes for another Dole Whip. I like this MK Mickey cup and I want one for water at work too. We get a frozen Coke for DS. Yum.
Good shot of us having a few of our last laughs.
dsc00050qu.jpg

We go over for Mike's Laugh Floor. This is the third time I enjoy this attraction. I really like this one and it's different each time. Not an exciting picture but here we are waiting in line.
imagerrp.jpg

We go to Cosmic Rays for lunch. I joke around with some of the CM's who are guarding large section of Cosmic Rays sit down area. Sorry, I've forgotten the password. :)
I've been dying for some ribs all week.
dsc00051sb.jpg

Since I've embarrassed some of my party with pictures. Here's one of me stuffing my face. Part of the 8 lbs I gained during the week for sure.
imageared.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-25

DS does one last paid picture and it's a great one. We laugh. :rotfl:
He's a natural.

We leave MK. :sad1: I stop by candy store on way out and pick up a large rice crispy Mickey for a coworker. We take monorail back to BLT and catch an earlier ME to airport, 1:55pm. We're very early for flight and it's delayed an hour. Then, they change it back to original. Anyway, we wait in airport like 3 hours. DW always want to be early for flights.

That's it. All over. Hope you enjoyed my TR. May have some more overall thoughts, pictures and video. Until next trip....

No! It's not over! I won't believe it!:sad1: You must go on another trip soon! I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. The pictures were a fabulous addition! We are taking our first BLT trip this winter, and I am even more excited than before. :thumbsup2 Thank you for sharing your vacation memories with us! Can't wait for your next trip! :)

I've enjoyed your trip report and your pictures. Thanks! I have to try dinner at Ohanas sometime. We haven't done dinner there since the '80s!

I've enjoyed your trip report and your pictures. Thanks! I have to try dinner at Ohanas sometime. We haven't done dinner there since the '80s!

Do you love the Polynesian? Do you love drinks with umbrellas? Do you love flamed meat & shrimp on skewers? My favorite restaurant. Go for it!

No! It's not over! I won't believe it!:sad1: You must go on another trip soon! I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. The pictures were a fabulous addition! We are taking our first BLT trip this winter, and I am even more excited than before. :thumbsup2 Thank you for sharing your vacation memories with us! Can't wait for your next trip! :)

You will love BLT! Get excited. :yay:

Time flies at WDW faster than anywhere I know. Need to decide on next trip. I intend to have a few more thoughts. Thanks for the cheering.

Love the U.K. !!! Love your pavilion at EPCOT too. :)

I'm from the U.S.A. so that means Expensive vacation. Or, does it mean a vacation in WDW is expensive anyway to cut it. :thumbsup2
I did a 30 day pre-trip report and a big post trip report so I could milk every bit of fun out of this trip and investment into DVC. :)
We decided when we bought DVC to make this a priority in our lives. Getting tough with so many other expenses tugging at our wallet.

We absolutely loved BLT. I could do 2 weeks there easy. DW is one who likes to do over and over again what she enjoys and is comfortable with. I know she could do BLT over and over again. If you love the decor, there's no other thing I can think of that will deter your enthusiasm for BLT. We hear it on the boards and I over heard it from a lady coming of the monorail one night, "This place is ugly". DW and I just about lost it laughing.

My top favorite things about BLT -

1. Location - Duh... it's why we bought there and totally reinforced with our first stay. The ease of the monorail to MK resorts and EPCOT. Walking to MK is awesome. The views from everywhere including Sky Bridge, CR, room and TOTWL. The convenience and access to CR with a short walk.
2. Room - 2 bedroom dedicated. I realize you get this type of accommodations for all DVC. Regardless, the room for 6 people was amazing. Beds and pullouts were comfortable. Views are amazing. DW loved the laundry access. On and On and On....
3. I like the hotel feel - Elevators are fast. Views are awesome all over the place. Can't get lost. To be fair, I'll love the atmosphere at all the other DVC properties. While walking around the Poly, couldn't help but wish there was a DVC there.
4. Transportation is easy - Only need buses to AK and HS. Even with HS, we took boat one day for a relaxing trip from EPCOT.
5. Did I mention Location?

DD is a huge McFly fan. She told me she would not want to go on this trip if their tour passed our way at the same time. Luckily for me, they did not tour U.S. and she still got the thrill of saying Hi to one of their family members.

Enjoy your trip!
We couldn't agree with you more. We're going to BLT for 2 weeks 4 weeks from today. We love it for all the reasons you stated. Got APs when we we were there in June so we keep finding reasons to go back. No easy feat since it's a 6 hr plane ride.:thumbsup2
Too bad you missed rd at MK. The show is one of our very favorite things to see.:love:

We couldn't agree with you more. We're going to BLT for 2 weeks 4 weeks from today. We love it for all the reasons you stated. Got APs when we we were there in June so we keep finding reasons to go back. No easy feat since it's a 6 hr plane ride.:thumbsup2
Too bad you missed rd at MK. The show is one of our very favorite things to see.:love:

Two weeks. Glorious!
I did catch most of rd day before and taped it. Oh well, something to look forward to for next time.

Do you love the Polynesian? Do you love drinks with umbrellas? Do you love flamed meat & shrimp on skewers? My favorite restaurant. Go for it!

Who could say no to flamed meat & shrimp on skewers? I think you've sold me on O'hanas. We've never been but will have to put it on our "must do" list for next time. Thanks for expanding our horizons! :)

Who could say no to flamed meat & shrimp on skewers? I think you've sold me on O'hanas. We've never been but will have to put it on our "must do" list for next time. Thanks for expanding our horizons! :)

Forgot about the dipping sauces too. Yummy.
You won't regret it, cousin. (We're all "cousin" at O'Hana)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter