Just Back from 1st BLT visit - TR, Pictures and Video-Misc-Critters

Thanks for another great day full of pictures! Your video was the first time I have ever seen the water pageant. It is not quite what I was expecting, although I am not sure what exactly I was expecting! ;) I love your panoramic pictures! Thanks again for sharing!

When your staying at BLT, look for EWP every night at around 10:10 PM. It's a hoot! I wouldn't know what to expect either. It's the World Famous EWP.

I think my parents looked forward to the EWP every night. But it is loud. We were on the 10th floor and it was clear through the living room window.

We used to watch it waiting for the monorail after Wishes and also when we stayed at the Poly.

What were your dates? You were literally right behind us in dates, I think.

Good report.

I think my parents looked forward to the EWP every night. But it is loud. We were on the 10th floor and it was clear through the living room window.

We used to watch it waiting for the monorail after Wishes and also when we stayed at the Poly.

What were your dates? You were literally right behind us in dates, I think.

Good report.

Right. It's funny how you can hear it right through the window. EWP seems to pop up out of nowhere when ever we're near the lake at night.
Our dates were 8/7-8-15.

The EWP is definitely silly, but you have to watch!! It just works. Great report, enjoying a lot.

DS and I check out TOTW for Wishes. Everyone else was in bed. You have to tell the CM at the BLT desk you'd like to go and show your room key. They give you a password and you tell the elevator guard the password for entrance to the secret lair. Fun.
Ok, Wishes is awesome from up there. CR people are watching from their roof too. Funny how the main display blasts from farther away than you can tell when your in the MK park.
End of the Day.

Can you tell me more about this? My family and I are going oct 15 - oc 22, and I have never heard of watching Wishes from the TOT. Is it free? How do you get in, What time should you go, etc. Thanks! LOVED your pics/info. I'm getting more and more anxious for out trip with every thread you post. Thanks for doing all that work so the rest of us can see.
:hug:

DS and I check out TOTW for Wishes. Everyone else was in bed. You have to tell the CM at the BLT desk you'd like to go and show your room key. They give you a password and you tell the elevator guard the password for entrance to the secret lair. Fun.
Ok, Wishes is awesome from up there. CR people are watching from their roof too. Funny how the main display blasts from farther away than you can tell when your in the MK park.
End of the Day.

Can you tell me more about this? My family and I are going oct 15 - oc 22, and I have never heard of watching Wishes from the TOT. Is it free? How do you get in, What time should you go, etc. Thanks! LOVED your pics/info. I'm getting more and more anxious for out trip with every thread you post. Thanks for doing all that work so the rest of us can see.
:hug:

You have to be a DVC member staying on points at BLT. There is no charge to enjoy this benefit. There is a bar/lounge and you could buy drinks and some food. A cast member is behind a desk in the lobby. You have to show your room key. As long as you are DVC staying on points, she'll give you a password to tell the person at the elevator. This CM at the elevator has a key to allow access to top of hotel via the elevator.
Glad your enjoying my TR. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Right. It's funny how you can hear it right through the window. EWP seems to pop up out of nowhere when ever we're near the lake at night.
Our dates were 8/7-8-15.

Nevermind--we overlapped. We were there 8/11-8/16. Which day was the record heat? Was it Friday the 12th? I don't watch the weather much when there. Sometimes I'm hotter when I know things like "record heat?"

For TOTW, we barely got our keys out. Maybe it was obvious we came from the elevator, but she did not check that we were there on points. It wasn't as "Fort Knox" as people have made it sound--at least the day we chose to go up there.

going through stressful last minute preparations for our 14 person (almost all adult) trip to BLT Sep. 11th. This TR is inspiration.

On Sunday, it's our last full day and I'm determined to see as much as I can. DW and I get up early enough to make opening of MK but kids are slow to rise. I want to video the opening so I head over on my own. The train has already arrived and the festivities have begun but I video tape most of it. I wait for rest of family to join me.

We gather together for picture with PhotoPass. I just bought a couple of these so I'll post later. We ride HM, Splash, BTM and Jungle Cruise. Someone has said to me that Sunday is a transition day. Makes sense because we walk on all these rides. No soft opening for Enchanted Tiki Room. Hope we can ride tomorrow, our last day. :goodvibes

Love the screams on DS and me in the front of boat
imagendfd.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-24

Pirate training with Captain Jack. Wish my kids were small enough to join in.
imagewfv.jpg

Castle
imagenwl.jpg

Get FP for SM because it's down for repair. We ride Buzz, Carousel of Progress, and People Mover. SM is ready and we get in left lane. This lane seems like a longer and faster ride to me. Kids agree it's a faster, bumpier ride than we remember.

Columbia Harbor House for lunch and we eat same thing as last time.

I really want to check out some bands at EPCOT and no one wants to go with me. I go alone. Actually enjoying some solo time.
I rush in park to catch some of the World Showcase Players in England. Off Kilter starts to play. One of the guitars is giving them trouble. They seem to notice but I don't. They play one song and stop. I head over to Morocco. I get a slushie and check out Morocco stuff. I try to get a Strawberry Daiquiri. I wait in line for one guy and then the CM takes the lady after me in line. Really weird. I guess she looked more needy than me. I walk away without Daiquiri because band should now be starting. It's starts to ran a little but band never comes on. Weird. I start back to listen to British Revolution but their playing the same set I've heard twice before. A little disgusted, I head to Canada to watch movie. The wait is really long but I get in and watch.
After movie, I call DW and they're going over to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Sounds good to me so I decide to leave. I try first to get a Duffy coloring stick for DD. I give up due to number of kids I'd have to trample over to get one. At TTS, I get off EPCOT monorail and I see my family on the resort monorail and I join them. Great timing.
1900 Park Fare is awesome. Boys are a little embarrassed to take pictures with characters but it ends up being a lot of fun. DD's vegan meal is amazing and Chef TJ is awesome! Check out the pictures if you don't believe me.
After dinner, men go to HS. It's an awesome bonding experience for me and boys. We get FP for Star Tours and see the final show of American Idol. We make fun of younger DS because he votes for only guy in competition. He was a bit too much Broadway for me but he wins. Other DS and I vote for second place contestant. At last minute before we leave park, we decide to check out Walt: A Man and His Dream. Boys absolutely love it. They spend a lot of time reading and checking out the exhibit. We watch the movie of Walt telling his story. My boys are very inspired especially my oldest. He's an Industrial Design major at MASSART. He loves Walt's story.

Sad that trip is just about over. Just half day on Monday and fly back.

DW and DD getting their Prince
imagerps.jpg

First course of DD vegan meal. Amazing
imagekso.jpg

Step sister falling all over my DS. Begging him to marry her. :lmao:
imagegcj.jpg

Second step sister falling over second DS
imageeeb.jpg

Love this shot. The boys were doing their comedy all week. Nobody knows what their laughing or talking about. I think they bonded. Awesome.
imageuori.jpg

Another course of vegan
imagedcw.jpg

Vegan main course
imageqzi.jpg

DS making fun of vegan
imagelnj.jpg

Vegan dessert
imagejlxi.jpg

The genius and awesome Chef TJ with DD. Best vegan meal all week.
imagehgw.jpg

Nevermind--we overlapped. We were there 8/11-8/16. Which day was the record heat? Was it Friday the 12th? I don't watch the weather much when there. Sometimes I'm hotter when I know things like "record heat?"

We overlapped too! We were there Aug. 14-19. We had our granddaughters with us (6yo and 4yo). It was so hot the pool barely helped cool us. (Aug. 12-14 we were at US/IOA--stayed at Portofinio Bay Resort).

So they custom made a vegan meal at 1900 PF, which is a buffet?? That's awesome. Not even close to a vegan (MORE meat, please!), but it's impressive that the Disney restaurants will do things like that.

So I'm really late to the party, but I LOVE your TR!!! Really, I love everything about it. We're spending a week at BLT for part of our honeymoon (but just in a studio!), but you've made me even more excited for it than I already was.

That vegan meal looked amazzzziinnngggg! I can't believe Disney did that much for your DD--- awesome! And you've made me really want a slushie. :)

Also! You mentioned Cape Code russet potato chips: they DO still make them, just under a different name! They're the golden brown ones now and they come in this brownish bag. (My DF loves them too.)

"I've never done Astro Orbitor before so DD and I get in line. It's a long, slow line. We finally get up to the rocket to find that the two of us can't fit in one rocket. They only let up exactly enough people to rockets. I sit this one out. Not a bad thing. I believe I would have hurled. Fast and round and round."

Don't feel badly about this...my DS age 19 and I did Astro Orbitor this trip at his request, as the first ride of the day. Good thing it wasn't crowded yet, since we did not fit in one, either. They said for the smaller person to get in first (that is now me, hard to believe) but there was no way he could cram himself in behind me. He was able to get his own car. And yes, the ride does go very fast and make you dizzy. Luckily, it's a very short ride.

Loving your report about WDW with teens. We were there the week before you, also at BLT, with 2 teens. When they were little, my DH and I had to slow down our pace for them...now, the scenario is reversed. I could hardly walk by the time we got home. But all worth it!

You were just late to Epcot Sunday. We got there about 9:30. We are used to RD so we felt behind all morning until WS opened. We were the only ones in the England store. DD colored by herself while DH "napped" in these chairs they have on the platform behind the Kidcot.

In WS we were definitely ahead of the crowd and left about 2 PM. We didn't do any rides since we'd done them the Thursday before (our arrival day).

Ahh...

I am sad that you only have 1/2 day left to report on! I have loved your trip report! Thanks for sharing everything with us!

So they custom made a vegan meal at 1900 PF, which is a buffet?? That's awesome. Not even close to a vegan (MORE meat, please!), but it's impressive that the Disney restaurants will do things like that.

We expressed a special dietary need and they enthusiastically hooked her up. I come from a long line of meat eaters. Not sure how my DD went vegan. Just trying to be different I guess. TJ rocks!

So I'm really late to the party, but I LOVE your TR!!! Really, I love everything about it. We're spending a week at BLT for part of our honeymoon (but just in a studio!), but you've made me even more excited for it than I already was.

That vegan meal looked amazzzziinnngggg! I can't believe Disney did that much for your DD--- awesome! And you've made me really want a slushie. :)

Also! You mentioned Cape Code russet potato chips: they DO still make them, just under a different name! They're the golden brown ones now and they come in this brownish bag. (My DF loves them too.)

Best wishes on your marriage. You must wear the honeymoon hats while in the parks. That must be a lot of fun. Maybe DW and I will redo our vows so we can where those hats around. :banana:
Studio will be fine because you still get the amazing BLT and CR. Yahooo!!!!!
Walk to MK, Sky Bridge, Monorail, TOTWL, Bay Lake.... and it goes on. Enjoy! Besides, your on your honeymoon. Will you go to the parks? :rotfl:

They make the best slushie's in the world. Bar none.

I believe I tried the golden brown ones but they were not very dark. I need to try again. Thanks. I looked up some recipes today for making at home. I believe I'll try with some peanut oil and sliced thin potatoes.
Thanks for the feedback!

"I've never done Astro Orbitor before so DD and I get in line. It's a long, slow line. We finally get up to the rocket to find that the two of us can't fit in one rocket. They only let up exactly enough people to rockets. I sit this one out. Not a bad thing. I believe I would have hurled. Fast and round and round."

Don't feel badly about this...my DS age 19 and I did Astro Orbitor this trip at his request, as the first ride of the day. Good thing it wasn't crowded yet, since we did not fit in one, either. They said for the smaller person to get in first (that is now me, hard to believe) but there was no way he could cram himself in behind me. He was able to get his own car. And yes, the ride does go very fast and make you dizzy. Luckily, it's a very short ride.

Loving your report about WDW with teens. We were there the week before you, also at BLT, with 2 teens. When they were little, my DH and I had to slow down our pace for them...now, the scenario is reversed. I could hardly walk by the time we got home. But all worth it!

Good to know I'm not the only one who's Astro Orbiter challenged. :rolleyes1

DW and I are getting older but we can out commando them youngsters still.
Yea baby!!! And we'll be the old pair in those electric carts trading pins in our 80's !!! :banana:

I am sad that you only have 1/2 day left to report on! I have loved your trip report! Thanks for sharing everything with us!

Ahhh shucks... Thanks for the kind words. Hey, you never know. I may have some bonus material. :flower3:

Like this...PhotoPass picture I bought today. Not bad, but why is the sun always in our eyes on this shot. Didn't get a good family shot all week so I drop a few $$$'s for the jpgs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am also late to the TR but loving it. We stayed at BLT for the first time in May and loved it. When we took our 20 yr old son to the 1900 Park Fare buffet he left the room when he saw the step daughters getting near. I think he hid in the bathroom for half and hour! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!