Just Back (Dec 3-11). Refreshing for 7 & HS FP Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thank you for having me watch HS for the afternoon drop. First, it absolutely did happen (still ongoing as I post which is crazy long for the drops to continue). On top of that, I started to look at 2:06 to watch for the 2:31 drop and I've been watching FP's like I've never seen before at HS for that entire time. Tons of availability for all rides with TSM, AS2, and ToT for minutes later. SDD kept popping up with random times mostly evening (6:05 was available a lot) but there were some earlier ones at well. RnR also had a ton of availability for times throughout the afternion/evening. Once 2:31 hit the normal 4-5 times dropped.
Interesting...

What in THE world! I can't even see what the pics are Jetsdad! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I typically don't like to keep stuff on my phone much but when I'm watching for drops and stuff like that I keep the screenshots so I can look back at times. I'll probably clean it up again soon. lol

Interesting...

I'm guessing the weather is playing a role in this today (other than the normal drop) but it still surprises me that even the indoor rides had such good availability. I was also seeing SDD FP's popping up an hour after the drop started. It wasn't like that in December when we had a day of heavy rain.

Well, thank you for having me watch HS for the afternoon drop. First, it absolutely did happen (still ongoing as I post which is crazy long for the drops to continue). On top of that, I started to look at 2:06 to watch for the 2:31 drop and I've been watching FP's like I've never seen before at HS for that entire time. Tons of availability for all rides with TSM, AS2, and ToT for minutes later. SDD kept popping up with random times mostly evening (6:05 was available a lot) but there were some earlier ones at well. RnR also had a ton of availability for times throughout the afternion/evening. Once 2:31 hit the normal 4-5 times dropped.

Thanks, I didn’t check today, but I’ll keep looking. Trying to hone my skills before our May trip! I have noticed how many random things pop up when I play with the times. I’ve seen SDMT, SDD, TSMM and tons of other first rung rides. I appreciate all the tips, thank you!

Edited to add: I’m a believer in refreshing! 5 minutes on MDE and I saw SDMT, SDD, TSMM AND FOP. Amazing! Granted, I’m only looking for 2, but still....

Last edited:

Are those “drops” per se at 2:06pm, or just random, lucky availability? My kid’s performing arts group is going in a few weeks and they JUST got their tickets. FPs are so limited in the afternoon for when they’ll be headed to the parks, so I want to direct them to the 2:31 HS drops ;)

Are those “drops” per se at 2:06pm, or just random, lucky availability? My kid’s performing arts group is going in a few weeks and they JUST got their tickets. FPs are so limited in the afternoon for when they’ll be headed to the parks, so I want to direct them to the 2:31 HS drops ;)

The 2:31 has been consistent....the ones I was watching today prior to 2:31 aren't to be expected most days...possibly just due to weather...if I notice otherwise I'll be sure to note it here.

The 2:31 has been consistent....the ones I was watching today prior to 2:31 aren't to be expected most days...possibly just due to weather...if I notice otherwise I'll be sure to note it here.

Are you at the parks now? And for how long?

Then I must not understand what's going on. How are you able to see the FP drops? Is that what everyone is referring to? And what exactly does that mean....fastpass drop?
If you have an annual pass you can look at FP availability for the next 30 days. It means that they release FPs for some rides at certain times each day.

If you have an annual pass you can look at FP availability for the next 30 days. It means that they release FPs for some rides at certain times each day.

Okay, thank you very much. What's the purpose of them releasing FPs? Is it because they aren't as busy?

Okay, thank you very much. What's the purpose of them releasing FPs? Is it because they aren't as busy?
I don't know if anybody knows the real reason, and Disney probably won't share that. Could be crowd level or just an off prediction in the ratio of fastpass to standby and how many FP people they can get through the line.

I don't know if anybody knows the real reason, and Disney probably won't share that. Could be crowd level or just an off prediction in the ratio of fastpass to standby and how many FP people they can get through the line.

I understand. I thought that the standby line might have something to do with it and how fast the FP lines are moving. Appreciate your input!

There appear to be a couple different types of drops but nobody outside of Disney really knows. I'd guess mostly crowd control...possibly creating some magic (unlikely lol). The ones that we like most (consistent daily drops) I really don't understand but I'm not complaining.

And yes, I'm an AP. We weren't supposed to be back until the end of October and we were going to do 5 nights at Hilton Head for the beginning of Sept. I've convinced my wife to instead do 2 nights HHI and 3 at WDW somewhere because "we'll be so close anyways, might as well head to the parks". Now trying to convince her to do a May trip "for our daughter's birthday" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter