Just Back (Dec 3-11). Refreshing for 7 & HS FP Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It is a really interesting issue that of FP drops, do you know that if there is any post or web where we can find FP drops times updated?

I suppose that these FP drops times will change regularly so I must be important to know updated information

Kind regards

Hi,

It is a really interesting issue that of FP drops, do you know that if there is any post or web where we can find FP drops times updated?

I suppose that these FP drops times will change regularly so I must be important to know updated information

Kind regards
I'm pretty sure, and DIS peeps correct me if I'm wrong, that if there were such a post or web site...
1. It probably wouldn't be well advertised.
2. The drops would eventually stop and Disney would take another route.

Hi,

Kind regards

The drops can and will change and they can be difficult to find in the first place. Consistency of the drops can be another issue. That is the reason I was hesitant to post in the first place as I would hate for someone to plan their day around the drops and then they don't happen. I've seen others and even posted about the possibility of the one FOP drop on here but it doesn't happen every day. The HS have been very consistent and I personally used that in my planning....of course if it hadn't have worked out I would have just kept using the regular refresh method to try to get FP's anyways but I don't want people assuming it will always happen.

These FP tips are my favorite threads ever! I have learned so much and made my trips and my family and friends trips so much better because of this! So THANK YOU!

Just a quick question on the anytime fastpasses. So say a storm starts and I get an anytime fastpass for my third ride, does that anytime fastpass become a separate fastpass? So I'd be able to book another fastpass immediately for some other ride correct? Or do I need to use the anytime fastpass first?

These FP tips are my favorite threads ever! I have learned so much and made my trips and my family and friends trips so much better because of this! So THANK YOU!

Just a quick question on the anytime fastpasses. So say a storm starts and I get an anytime fastpass for my third ride, does that anytime fastpass become a separate fastpass? So I'd be able to book another fastpass immediately for some other ride correct? Or do I need to use the anytime fastpass first?

Consider it a bonus. It doesn't count as being there at all and you can make another FP selection. Also note though that if a FP changes to an Anytime is does not count as the original FP having been used, even if you use the Anytime FP. So if you're trying to get through your first 3 FP's in order to add another tier 1 you will need to use another tier 2 FP to count towards them being used up.

So I often recommend looking night before for FP's on the hardest to get rides. I personally find 10-12 to be the best time to look. I decided to take a look around 11 tonight to see about getting the hardest to get FP at each park for tomorrow (3 people). 7DMT took under a minute (I'll admit that is not something to expect to happen frequently) but then it only took 23 minutes to get them all. SDD is one that I would have taken more time to try to move up if I were there now but just to show that it's always worth looking the night before.

View attachment 377781 View attachment 377782 View attachment 377783 View attachment 377784

So stupid question from a newbie. How did you manage to book FP for two different parks? I thought that wasn't possible.

So stupid question from a newbie. How did you manage to book FP for two different parks? I thought that wasn't possible.

It was just a bit of catch and release. Get a FP, drop it, get a different one in a different park. There is a way day of to have FP's in 2 different parks at once but that's not what that was.

hi,

I am trying to understand the Tap and grab strategy and one think that I didn’t really understand is I suppose that strategy depends on the availability of the second or third FP to move them up once the first FP is used, doesn’t it?

I understand that if my FP selection is 9-10 Kilimanjaro 11-12 FOP and 12:15-13:15 Everest, once passed my magic band in Kilimanjaro ride I must start to try to move up one of my other two FP selections, however it depends on if there is availability of FoP or Everest FP and i consider that has to be very difficult.

In that case, what is the best strategy? Book as first FP the most difficult one ( in that case FOP) and remain as second and third FP rides that is more probably to have the chance of move them up?

Besides do you consider better to remain one hour gap between first and second fast pass selection without FP advanced selection? I have read that this gap could allow you to have more chances to move the following FP up?

I am talking about an advanced selection of Fp like 9-10 FP1, no FP advance reservation until 11-12 FP2 and FP3 12:15 to 13:15

Kind regards

hi,

I am trying to understand the Tap and grab strategy and one think that I didn’t really understand is I suppose that strategy depends on the availability of the second or third FP to move them up once the first FP is used, doesn’t it?

I understand that if my FP selection is 9-10 Kilimanjaro 11-12 FOP and 12:15-13:15 Everest, once passed my magic band in Kilimanjaro ride I must start to try to move up one of my other two FP selections, however it depends on if there is availability of FoP or Everest FP and i consider that has to be very difficult.

In that case, what is the best strategy? Book as first FP the most difficult one ( in that case FOP) and remain as second and third FP rides that is more probably to have the chance of move them up?

Besides do you consider better to remain one hour gap between first and second fast pass selection without FP advanced selection? I have read that this gap could allow you to have more chances to move the following FP up?

I am talking about an advanced selection of Fp like 9-10 FP1, no FP advance reservation until 11-12 FP2 and FP3 12:15 to 13:15

Kind regards

You don't have to move up your other FPs. If it works that way then go for it but if not you can still get good FPs once the first 3 are used. I don't have much luck moving up my FPs (other than EP Tier2s) so I just make them for as early as I can. I've seen the advice in other places to leave a gap between 1 and 2 to move 3 in and I'm not sure why you would do that unless you're making 2 the hardest to get FP (7 DMT for example). Since it's hard to move up you could have a better chance of moving the Belle FP after it into that gap. It seems like a fine plan if you can't get your hardest FP first thing. Not one I have tried though. I just stack them up one after another as early as I can. But again, I don't really move them up. I just grab new ones when I'm done.

Thank you very much for your answer. Probably someone could explain us the reasons of that Tap and grab strategy because theoretically is a very good strategy but as I mentioned it depends on the availability of the Fp2 and/or FP3 to move them up.

It is possible that it can be a good strategy for MK with a lot of rides with FP

Thank you very much for your answer. Probably someone could explain us the reasons of that Tap and grab strategy because theoretically is a very good strategy but as I mentioned it depends on the availability of the Fp2 and/or FP3 to move them up.

It is possible that it can be a good strategy for MK with a lot of rides with FP

I think it's more complication then it's worth. If you want your FPs done as soon as possible then schedule 9, 10, 11. You can use 9 at it's earliest (although in most cases you're better off taking advantage of the low waits at that time). Then try moving up 10. If you can do it, great. If not fill in with other rides that aren't going to have a long wait at that time of the morning. As soon as you use it, try moving up 11. Try to get your headliners as early as possible since they are harder to move up. I suppose that if you have a headliner than you can't get at 9 or 10 but can get at 11 you could leave a gap but I'm not sure why that would help you over just scheduling the third ride at 10 from the get go.

Either I'm missing something here (perfectly possible) or this gap strategy is being suggested by people who don't know that once you use the FP the window is no more. If you use the first at 9:15, you don't have to wait until 10 to move up your next FP in line.

Since I have an AP, I’ve been looking to see what happens with a TSL for the daily drops for the last few days and haven’t seen availability pop up during those times posted. Am I doing something wrong?

hi,

Kind regards

As much as possible I will make the hardest FP as the first FP because the others won't be as difficult to change. There is no point leaving a gap and I don't understand why anyone would recommend leaving an extra long gap between FP's. You would be creating a longer gap for the purpose of creating a shorter wait so it sounds backwards to me. Anything with refreshing will bank on finding availability but most rides can be found with some refreshing. Most only take a couple of minutes but the tough ones such as FOP, 7DMT, and SDD will likely take longer.

Since I have an AP, I’ve been looking to see what happens with a TSL for the daily drops for the last few days and haven’t seen availability pop up during those times posted. Am I doing something wrong?

I haven't watched HS in a few days so will try to remember to check.

As much as possible I will make the hardest FP as the first FP because the others won't be as difficult to change. There is no point leaving a gap and I don't understand why anyone would recommend leaving an extra long gap between FP's. You would be creating a longer gap for the purpose of creating a shorter wait so it sounds backwards to me. Anything with refreshing will bank on finding availability but most rides can be found with some refreshing. Most only take a couple of minutes but the tough ones such as FOP, 7DMT, and SDD will likely take longer.

Thank you, great information

If I understand well it would suppose that even rides which FP distribution is in principle done using the refreshing strategy when you are in the park would be possible to obtain FP? Even SDD, 7DMT of FOP???

Thank you, great information

If I understand well it would suppose that even rides which FP distribution is in principle done using the refreshing strategy when you are in the park would be possible to obtain FP? Even SDD, 7DMT of FOP???

Yes, we frequently get top rides including FOP multiple times per day for 3 people.

Well, thank you for having me watch HS for the afternoon drop. First, it absolutely did happen (still ongoing as I post which is crazy long for the drops to continue). On top of that, I started to look at 2:06 to watch for the 2:31 drop and I've been watching FP's like I've never seen before at HS for that entire time. Tons of availability for all rides with TSM, AS2, and ToT for minutes later. SDD kept popping up with random times mostly evening (6:05 was available a lot) but there were some earlier ones at well. RnR also had a ton of availability for times throughout the afternion/evening. Once 2:31 hit the normal 4-5 times dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter