Just Arrived, Triple Dipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do take exception to people complaining about "abusing" something they have never used in their lifetime. By reading your signature it appears that you last went in 1996. Since FP was introduced in late 1999 that means you have never used it. I can't take any argument you make seriously if you have never toured the parks utilizing it.

This is both rude and unnecessary, as I stated just a few comments ago that I have never used FastPass. What, did you feel proud of your detective skills when you noticed my signature? More to the point, I'm not complaining about abuse of the system as though it affects me personally, but rather theorizing about the morality of such activities from the standpoint of someone with no personal stake in the outcome. Whether or not I have ever used the system or plan to ever use the system is completely irrelevant.

When you put any sort of media into the FP machine, you are asking Disney what the "rules" are.

If Disney examines the media you inserted, checks their programming, and spits out an FP, you are playing by the "rules". And it's Disney's rules that matter, not the opinion of those who post to a forum who think a cricket whispers moral guidance.

But like Mad already stated, this won't even matter in a few weeks.

With regards to this whole thread, parking loopholes, FP loopholes...

I'm sure we've all been at a cash till before where the teller provides incorrect change. Maybe they grab a 10 rather than a five and hand it over for change. When this has happened to me in the past, I certainly bring it to their attention. Would you just take the money and run, KNOWING that they have made an error which just happens to be in your favor?

Legitimize it however you like, if you are consciously flouting rules you know exist "because you can", you are being dishonest. Reprehensible.

This is both rude and unnecessary, as I stated just a few comments ago that I have never used FastPass. What, did you feel proud of your detective skills when you noticed my signature? More to the point, I'm not complaining about abuse of the system as though it affects me personally, but rather theorizing about the morality of such activities from the standpoint of someone with no personal stake in the outcome. Whether or not I have ever used the system or plan to ever use the system is completely irrelevant.

Funny how you didn't see your own remarks as rude. Anyhow, waved through at HS parking just now.

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. But the last time I checked, the title of this thread was about triple dipping FPs, not so much about the moral compass of society as seen on Dr. Phil. :confused3

I do take exception to people complaining about "abusing" something they have never used in their lifetime. By reading your signature it appears that you last went in 1996. Since FP was introduced in late 1999 that means you have never used it. I can't take any argument you make seriously if you have never toured the parks utilizing it.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

With regards to this whole thread, parking loopholes, FP loopholes... I'm sure we've all been at a cash till before where the teller provides incorrect change. Maybe they grab a 10 rather than a five and hand it over for change. When this has happened to me in the past, I certainly bring it to their attention. Would you just take the money and run, KNOWING that they have made an error which just happens to be in your favor? Legitimize it however you like, if you are consciously flouting rules you know exist "because you can", you are being dishonest. Reprehensible.

I bet double dipping FP is just like walking into a store and stealing a shirt too, right? I've seen that analogy made on these threads too.

People are being absolutely ridiculous about this. I mean, I'm sure it's super fun being morally superior and all, but maybe it's time to stop and think that none of this was against Disney's rules and they actually encouraged it. I don't know how people can put stealing on the same level as pulling a FP at an amusement park, but whatever that's your (general you) issue.

Like a PP said, this will all be over soon anyways.

Funny how you didn't see your own remarks as rude. Anyhow, waved through at HS parking just now.

I am rather enjoying your experiment. So is it only one time now that you had to pay the parking? How many days were you waved through?
Wonder if they are going to put Mickey head readers at parking lot entrances eventually?

And for everyone spouting off about morality....why is it you are ignoring the fact that many, many guests are reporting that they have been told and Even encouraged by multiple CMs that using FP- alongside FP+ is fine during this "test?" :scratchin Don't worry yourselves about the morality of others. I will now say to you what I say to my kids many times per week..."Who are YOU responsible for?"

"Theorizing about the morality of such activities"?? We're talking about a theme park, for goodness sakes.

Yes, whether you've used the system or not is completely relevant to this discussion and whether your arguments will be taken seriously or not.

If Disney doesn't want guests to double-dip, they better tell their CM's not to encourage the activity.

As has been mentioned, when the FP- machines disappear in a few weeks, the entire argument will be moot.

I bet double dipping FP is just like walking into a store and stealing a shirt too, right? I've seen that analogy made on these threads too.

People are being absolutely ridiculous about this. I mean, I'm sure it's super fun being morally superior and all, but maybe it's time to stop and think that none of this was against Disney's rules and they actually encouraged it. I don't know how people can put stealing on the same level as pulling a FP at an amusement park, but whatever that's your (general you) issue.

Like a PP said, this will all be over soon anyways.

It has NOTHING to do with moral superiority, and everything to do with being a member of a civilized society. I realize that this point is largely lost, as the majority of society no longer believes in civility. This said, I mentioned NOTHING about theft in my post. That is your own inference.

Would it be wrong to take the extra 5 dollars the teller gave you? Technically not, as you are not responsible for their actions, or their businesses practices. You could see that extra 5 dollars as a gift, or customer appreciation. You, after all are not omniscient. Or you could do the reasonable civilized act of returning what was given in error.

It is not overly complex or difficult to understand that for each person who "triple dips" ride capacity is being lost for 2 other people on that ride. Yes you CAN triple dip, but should you? Is the reduced ride capacity your problem? No, but you could be a part of the solution, or you can let your selfish needs override common decency and take all you can get.

7 > 3

I don't know why we are still arguing about this. It all goes *poof* in 3 weeks anyway. I would rather everyone rest up for the real battle that's about to begin. Oh, and work on your Blacksmith skills.

What is about to begin?

For the morally sound: Can I expect do deal with a vengeful almighty because in the old days I used FP- after the return window printed on it? I know everybody did it but now that I think about it, will that practice skirt detection at judgment time?

For the morally sound: Can I expect do deal with a vengeful almighty because in the old days I used FP- after the return window printed on it? I know everybody did it but now that I think about it, will that practice skirt detection at judgment time?

Um. getting off topic, however I'm an athiest myself, so your attempted argument to pidgeon hole me as a religious fundamentalist is mute.

Um. getting off topic, however I'm an athiest myself, so your argument is lost on me.

So am I. I just wanted to know if the morality police found it okay to break that 'rule'. I don't think it's off topic in that it proves a point. You can't suck and blow at the same time. Everyone broke that rule! Except the one poster that's never used FP.

With regards to this whole thread, parking loopholes, FP loopholes...

I'm sure we've all been at a cash till before where the teller provides incorrect change. Maybe they grab a 10 rather than a five and hand it over for change. When this has happened to me in the past, I certainly bring it to their attention. Would you just take the money and run, KNOWING that they have made an error which just happens to be in your favor?

Legitimize it however you like, if you are consciously flouting rules you know exist "because you can", you are being dishonest. Reprehensible.

Reprehensible, that's pretty rough don't you think ? We are being told that its ok to do it by WDW CM's. I truly don't think it was against the rules. Since you are using such words could u please provide a link to your source?

Splash Mountain has also been part of their marketing for some time, but you don't get your money back if the ride happens to be closed the day you go. And I'm sure that, if they decided to do away with the system altogether, they would make it public in such a way as to give most people planning their next vacation enough time to decide if it's still worth it to go without FP.

Tell that to the people who wanted to ride Test Track in early 2012.

And I don't care how many people you *think* would flood the parks in the absence of FP. I wouldn't be one of them.

If Disney doesn't want guests to double-dip, they better tell their CM's not to encourage the activity.

Well...... there's that. :rotfl:

Oh...... you just had to go there, didn't you....... :faint:

It has NOTHING to do with moral superiority, and everything to do with being a member of a civilized society. I realize that this point is largely lost, as the majority of society no longer believes in civility. This said, I mentioned NOTHING about theft in my post. That is your own inference.

Would it be wrong to take the extra 5 dollars the teller gave you? Technically not, as you are not responsible for their actions, or their businesses practices. You could see that extra 5 dollars as a gift, or customer appreciation. You, after all are not omniscient. Or you could do the reasonable civilized act of returning what was given in error.

It is not overly complex or difficult to understand that for each person who "triple dips" ride capacity is being lost for 2 other people on that ride. Yes you CAN triple dip, but should you? Is the reduced ride capacity your problem? No, but you could be a part of the solution, or you can let your selfish needs override common decency and take all you can get.

That's ridiculous .
Here's how I see it, at least for when we were there in nov. As a park guest we could use the FP system with our regular ticket media and then as a RESORT guest I was invited to help test their new FP system. If I accepted then I also got to pre reserve 3 FP for ONE park per day , no where did they ever tell me I would forfeit my ability to use the regular system.
You are on very high horse, sure hope you are worthy of being there. Not that it matters one bit but I happen to think it would be wrong to take the $5. I find it Interesting that you think it's technically not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter