• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JUNE W.I.S.H. Challenge - Looking Ahead

It's Thankful Thursday! What are you grateful for, that you realize not everyone has?
I am grateful that I have a job that could adapt to a work at home format so I could continue to get paid through this unprecedented situation. I am grateful to have food on my plate for every meal. I am grateful for a spacious home, which has become my new work environment. I am grateful for family and friends who are always there for me. I am grateful that my worries are what-if situations and not daily needs.

Hello all,

I missed Woohoo Wednesday as I was so tired that I went to bed at 8.30pm :faint: But I think my woohoo is my new Skechers shoes for walking. I had really sore calves last week when I increased my walking as well as shoulder and neck pain. Well this week with the new shoes it has been alot better :)

It's Thankful Thursday! What are you grateful for, that you realize not everyone has?

I also and grateful that I have been and still am working from home and getting paid usual wages during the Coronavirus scare; Australia's universal healthcare system - I can present to a hospital in an emergency and it is free (well, covered in tax payments i suppose but no out of pocket expense); the ability to put a roof over my families head and food on the table - even though it feels a little tight $$ sometimes we know we are living very well compared with some people; friends that are there for you when you need them - family too for that matter; A career I enjoy (most days ;) ); 3 typically healthy - loving children :cloud9:.

Hi everyone -- It has been a very rough week here. I haven't heard any more about my aunt this week. My mom did say that at first she felt defeated but by the end of conversation that she seemed much better. The other thing going on is work related but also very personal as well. It is an issue that a co-worker has with me that is simply not true. It has had me very upset and rethinking every conversation I have had with people and thinking I am not a good person. My husband has had to try and convince me that I am still a good person. I have cried more this week then I have in awhile. I feel like I don't have many people I can talk to right now about this as I feel my feels will be pushed aside for hers. My boss has been great and did a team meeting with me several times on Tuesday to make sure I was ok. I told him I was fine and there is not much I can do. Which I can't. This person is someone that I have had only 1 maybe 2 conversations with in 3 years. She doesn't work in the office or directly with me until this past Friday.

I am going to pull something grateful from this. I am grateful for a boss that is caring wants to make sure I am ok.

Hi everyone -- It has been a very rough week here. I haven't heard any more about my aunt this week. My mom did say that at first she felt defeated but by the end of conversation that she seemed much better. The other thing going on is work related but also very personal as well. It is an issue that a co-worker has with me that is simply not true. It has had me very upset and rethinking every conversation I have had with people and thinking I am not a good person. My husband has had to try and convince me that I am still a good person. I have cried more this week then I have in awhile. I feel like I don't have many people I can talk to right now about this as I feel my feels will be pushed aside for hers. My boss has been great and did a team meeting with me several times on Tuesday to make sure I was ok. I told him I was fine and there is not much I can do. Which I can't. This person is someone that I have had only 1 maybe 2 conversations with in 3 years. She doesn't work in the office or directly with me until this past Friday.

I am going to pull something grateful from this. I am grateful for a boss that is caring wants to make sure I am ok.

I'm so sorry - that sounds very stressful.

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. It sounds very stressful, but I am glad your boss is being supportive.

To have income coming in and a place to live, not worry about food-what’s the the expression? You’re not stuck at home, you’re safe at home. While that’s true for me and my family, I know it’s not the same for others. Our small school district provides about 400 free meals every day to families. Which reminds me to add some things to my grocery list for our district’s food pantry.

This is a tough situation to be in. Glad to hear your boss is supportive.

My thankfuls are in line with what others have posted... a safe house to live in, a job and regular income that doesn't put me at risk, my health and the health of family and friends, enough money to not worry about basic needs and to be able to donate were needed.

My reward garment came yesterday, super cute and as expected I can get it on and buttoned but it is definitely a size too small. Generally -10 pounds = a size, so my thinking was right on. If I can stay on track I should be able to wear it in August.

I've been making a point to have play sessions with Whitehall every evening... yesterday I got her a new catnip toy and some of the fish flake treats she likes. Last evening she seemed happy, for the first time, which makes me very hopeful.

I've started painting the living room, for the 5th time in 10 years. It was grey, which I liked at one end of the room and did not like at the other end of the room, I think because of the way it interacted with the turquoise sofa. It's going white now and will stay white until I move. Fortunately we're having another grey damp weekend, so I won't feel badly about being inside painting.

:hug: @piglet1979 - I hope things get straightened out and you feel better.

@Oneanne, I'm glad Whitehall is playing. :)

Like others said, I’m very thankful that I don’t have to worry about the basics during this trying time!

Posting that quote this morning inspired me to send out a donation I’ve been meaning to make to a group around here that usually helps people with furniture when they're getting back on their feet, but has currently switched to providing meals.

I also just received some material I ordered in the mail, and intend to sew some masks for a homeless shelter that has asked for them. I can’t imagine being homeless while everything was closed! - While we were worried about being able to find toilet paper, where were people even able to find a place to go to bathroom?

Thanks everyone. I am doing a bit better this afternoon but I feel more angry. I am really glad though that I won't have to see her in the office until almost July because I really do not want to see her or deal with her though I have to because I am her boss for the summer. I feel like anything I say will be construed as something else which is what happened.

I am thankful to be alive.

I am thankful for my daughter, my best friend.

I'm thankful to have a nice home and backyard with a pool. I've always been a water baby and swim every day in the summer. I'm thankful that I don't have to be around other people in order to swim.

I'm thankful that summer is imminent. It is my favorite time of year, and I long for it during those freezing cold, dark, winter nights.

Thanks everyone. I am doing a bit better this afternoon but I feel more angry. I am really glad though that I won't have to see her in the office until almost July because I really do not want to see her or deal with her though I have to because I am her boss for the summer. I feel like anything I say will be construed as something else which is what happened.
:hug:

Does anyone feel frustrated trying to accept that weight loss in sustainable way will take some time. The diet way of approaching it is I will look great by my birthday, by Christmas etc. Thinking like that, even subconsciously is pushing me to do too much to try to force/rush the process and get results quicker. I don't want to wear my bigger jacket next winter. However, if I went with gradual weight loss approach truly year ago I would be goal weight by now. Pound a week, plus maintenance breaks - I need one year. One year is not long on scale of things. By this time next year, I could be at weight I am happy with and have at least 3 months of maintenance breaks, solid habits and be proud of myself. Or I could do unsustainable level of things and repeat the cycle.

I am doing a bit better this afternoon but I feel more angry

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, glad your boss has your back. Workplaces can be a minefield sometimes :hug:

Does anyone feel frustrated trying to accept that weight loss in sustainable way will take some time

Yes weight loss is very frustrating - it is all too easy to put it on .... it sneaks up on us over the years and then we face reality and need to lose it - but the losing is HARD and it takes dedication to find a style of eating that becomes a way of life that suits us - and we have to be consistent. I also think that goal post changes all the time - as we age and go through different stages what we ate at one point does not necessarily help us maintain or lose at another point - so just when you think you have it down your body changes and we have to reassess. Hang in there @HappyGrape I know you are dedicated to looking after yourself :-)

It was a day off from work today making it a long weekend - for the local show (I think you guys call it a fair) - no show this year because of Covid but we got the day off to enjoy. It was a gorgeous day - they had been predicting rain - but it turned out with blue skies and warm weather - went for a walk on the beach this afternoon the waves were pumping - they were closed to swimming because of them. We are a couple of weeks into winter and was walking in 3/4 yoga pants and a singlet top at 3.30-4pm in the afternoon :woohoo:

Does anyone feel frustrated trying to accept that weight loss in sustainable way will take some time. The diet way of approaching it is I will look great by my birthday, by Christmas etc. Thinking like that, even subconsciously is pushing me to do too much to try to force/rush the process and get results quicker. I don't want to wear my bigger jacket next winter. However, if I went with gradual weight loss approach truly year ago I would be goal weight by now. Pound a week, plus maintenance breaks - I need one year. One year is not long on scale of things. By this time next year, I could be at weight I am happy with and have at least 3 months of maintenance breaks, solid habits and be proud of myself. Or I could do unsustainable level of things and repeat the cycle.

It's definitely an understandable feeling! Something I was told after I had my son was that it took nine months to gain the baby weight, so you should give yourself nine months to lose it.

I try to remember that now with "regular" weight. It came on slowly - with small, unnoticed changes, so it will leave slowly - with small, deliberate changes.

Those weeks when I “only “ lost a lb or even stayed the same were frustrating-not discouraging because I knew I was doing everything I needed to do to lose weight. I focused on short term goals-20lbs at a time. And I remember a WW leader saying we’re all going to be here in a year (God willing) so where do you want to be? All those small losses add up and all of a sudden you’re at goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter