JUNE W.I.S.H. Challenge - Looking Ahead

Thanks everyone. We said our sad goodbys this morning. Overnight he hid under the bed and wouldn't take any comfort from me and wouldn't eat or drink, so it was time. The thing that keeps going thru my mind is "I used to be a woman who had a cat named Mike. But I'm not her any more." My other cat Whitehall is also grieving. I'd like to wait a couple months to get a new kitten, so I'm hoping she'll settle in to the new routine of just the two of us, and being the number one cat for a while.

My self care today has been to do things around the house, cleaning up here and there, organizing. It's been a dark grey damp day, up until an hour or so ago when the sun burned thru. I think tomorrow is supposed to be the only sunny day this week... it's going to be a challenge to have the weather match my emotions. I am grateful that I am feeling the emotions and I'm not numbed out, nor did I reach for anything numbing. I did watch the movie Emma for like the fifth time, a little respite.
It’s hard to lose a well loved pet even when you know it was time to say goodbye.

1CBA97BC-F653-4D71-B6F3-984AA8E1672E.jpeg

I started reading a Janet Evanovich book to lighten things up. Right now I'm in the middle of a fluff rom-com novel which is perfect for me right now. I can't handle anything heavy at the moment.
The book I just finished was Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich. I’m all about keeping it light right now. So I found The Beach Rental, the first book in a short series called The Emerald Isle, NC series by Grace Greene.

This Monday I am motivated by stepping on the scales every morning - and using the app linked to them - the app then graphs the data - It is a very visual form of feedback to see my ups and downs. Yes a little up over the weekend - but that is ok - it was a good reminder of really how focused I need to be at the moment to make the changes I need to. So am feeling motivated to turn that graph in the downward direction again this week and not undo all my hard work through this week next weekend. It wasn't all undone - but a good lesson was learned. And I wasn't anywhere near as bad as I usually am!

What are you runners doing along with your runs?
My current routine is to run anywhere from 1-3 miles while listening to podcasts or music(last week I listened to our elementary schools strings recital). I’m trying to run every other day. I also have it in my head that I can walk those miles if needed. Then almost every day I’m riding 3-5 miles on my bike. Once school is finished this week, I plan to start another Beachbody workout...probably Liift 4.

This Monday I am motivated by stepping on the scales every morning - and using the app linked to them - the app then graphs the data - It is a very visual form of feedback to see my ups and downs. Yes a little up over the weekend - but that is ok - it was a good reminder of really how focused I need to be at the moment to make the changes I need to. So am feeling motivated to turn that graph in the downward direction again this week and not undo all my hard work through this week next weekend. It wasn't all undone - but a good lesson was learned. And I wasn't anywhere near as bad as I usually am!

My weekends are hard (bad) also. We have started our family Sundays again. We typically eat lunch at my mom's and dinner at my inlaws. They both cook a lot a yummy, not always so good for you food. Each Monday when I step on the scale, I show a gain. Today seemed really bad because I had reached a new low on Sunday morning and then this morning it was 1.5 pounds higher than yesterday morning :o. I just need to remind myself that if I go right back to making good choices, I'll be back on track again! That's why even thought I weigh every day, I use Wednesday as my official tracking day because I can typically recover from the weekends by then lol!

My motivation for this week is to just keep going. I've found that I really don't want to do any of the things that brought me comfort during quarantine, including this morning I didn't want to go out for a walk. But I did it any way, and as usual it felt good to get fresh air and to move. Plus as a bonus I ran into a gal I used to work with who I knew was somewhere in the area, and we chatted for a while... face-to-face human contact is always good.

It's nice weather today so I'll plan on doing my evening walk at the beach. I'm way behind on my step count goal as Saturday so much time was spent in the car and at the vet, and Sunday I just didn't want to. My weight went down and then up last week, just a couple pounds so normal stuff. This morning I'm back to where I started the month, but that also puts me behind on my monthly weight loss goal. I'm focussed on reducing the amount of bread I eat this week, so that should make a good difference.

Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts. I've always believed Mike was the reincarnation of my previous cat Ripley. Ripley and I had an agreement that she would come back to me and the timing and the way Mike came in to my life and the things he did as a kitten just screamed Ripley. So I made the same agreement with Mike, please come back to me. Right before he passed I got a vision of a little grey tabby kitten full of live and energy playing in the sunshine, so I'm trying to hold out until at least August which is when a kitten born around this time would be ready for adoption. Whitehall was pretty sad yesterday, but she's also pretty calm so I think we'll do OK.

Today I am back in the office. It is weird and not many of us are here. It is just my department. It has been a bit of a crazy but we will settle in. We are only in the office on Mondays right now.

I have been gone for a bit. Thursday was a really rough day. I had a migraine that pretty much knocked me out. I slept most of the day. Friday I was doing better but still had a headache but if I kept up with the advil and sudefend I was fine. I glad this worked because I had a major training on Friday that I had to do.

Saturday I went for a walk by myself and then cooked soup beans and homemade cornbread. Then I took DD up to the ball field so she could watch her boyfriend play a game. They both respected our rules of staying distant. It was really sweet though. The game was at 1 in the very hot sun. I used sunblock but burnt my legs pretty good. I think my shorts hiked up a bit and that part did not have the sunblock. That night we watched a movie in our backyard with a fire and some smores. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday, I got up and went for a walk, stopped by Jeff's grandmothers for a short time dug up some plants and cleaned a bit upstairs again. It was a busy day. Then in the afternoon We got some not so good news. My aunt (my step dad's sister) has just been diagnosised with Leukemia. This is her 5 round of cancer. She has had Lymphoma and colon cancer in the past. She has an infection right now so they can't do anything until that clears up. She is in the hospital for now. She is determined to beat it again. She is one strong cookie with 9 lives. Though the colon cancer a few years ago took a lot out of her and she hasn't been the same since. We are hoping her body is strong enough for this. They are looking into 2 options. Chemo or a bone marrow transplant. She has had both in the past but the bone marrow transplant almost killed her. Something happened during it and she ended up almost dying on the table. She then had to learn everything again, like talking, eating and walking.

The book I just finished was Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich. I’m all about keeping it light right now. So I found The Beach Rental, the first book in a short series called The Emerald Isle, NC series by Grace Greene.
I just finished Twisted 26 too. Loved it. I pre-ordered #27, Fortune and Glory coming out in November. She doesn't write fast enough for me.

My tooth pain is improving so the antibiotics are finally kicking in and not just making me sick. I felt well enough to walk on the beach with my DD. Unfortunately even at 10am, there were too many people and nobody wore masks. So, tomorrow I will forego the beach and try the YouTube walking at home video.

Today I am back in the office. It is weird and not many of us are here. It is just my department. It has been a bit of a crazy but we will settle in. We are only in the office on Mondays right now.

I have been gone for a bit. Thursday was a really rough day. I had a migraine that pretty much knocked me out. I slept most of the day. Friday I was doing better but still had a headache but if I kept up with the advil and sudefend I was fine. I glad this worked because I had a major training on Friday that I had to do.

Saturday I went for a walk by myself and then cooked soup beans and homemade cornbread. Then I took DD up to the ball field so she could watch her boyfriend play a game. They both respected our rules of staying distant. It was really sweet though. The game was at 1 in the very hot sun. I used sunblock but burnt my legs pretty good. I think my shorts hiked up a bit and that part did not have the sunblock. That night we watched a movie in our backyard with a fire and some smores. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday, I got up and went for a walk, stopped by Jeff's grandmothers for a short time dug up some plants and cleaned a bit upstairs again. It was a busy day. Then in the afternoon We got some not so good news. My aunt (my step dad's sister) has just been diagnosised with Leukemia. This is her 5 round of cancer. She has had Lymphoma and colon cancer in the past. She has an infection right now so they can't do anything until that clears up. She is in the hospital for now. She is determined to beat it again. She is one strong cookie with 9 lives. Though the colon cancer a few years ago took a lot out of her and she hasn't been the same since. We are hoping her body is strong enough for this. They are looking into 2 options. Chemo or a bone marrow transplant. She has had both in the past but the bone marrow transplant almost killed her. Something happened during it and she ended up almost dying on the table. She then had to learn everything again, like talking, eating and walking.
Hope everything works out OK for your aunt.

My tooth pain is improving so the antibiotics are finally kicking in and not just making me sick. I felt well enough to walk on the beach with my DD. Unfortunately even at 10am, there were too many people and nobody wore masks. So, tomorrow I will forego the beach and try the YouTube walking at home video.
Happy to hear your tooth is feeling better.

That’s discouraging.

Topic Tuesday ~ An important component of health is sleep. Has/how has everything that’s been going on affected your sleep?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter