• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 19,2004...who's With Us!

Hi Joan S.!
We had beautiful weather on the western last summer. I do remember it being very hot and humid in Key West. On Grand Cayman and Cozumel it was hot too but we did excursions that involved the water so it didn't seem bad! It really is a wonderful vacation...we can't wait to go again!

Beth:bounce:

Hi Joan S. Are you going to join us for our fun cruise in June. Sure hope so. It's a long way off but lots of fun planning for it.

Has anybody else thought about this or not, we still have another winter to go thru before we can sail? Now that's a real bummer:( Maybe the next one won't be as bad as this year or maybe with some pixie dust we can just skip it all together. I'm really looking forward to the warm weekend.

Buggie I know what you mean about shoveling the roof. My step-day fell of the side roof last month doing just that and dislocated his shoulder and is still having problems with it.

Gosh Patches, I am sorry to hear about your step-dad's fall. Shoulder problems can be hard to clear up depending on what's been injured in the joint. I hope he is feeling better soon.

I have been enjoying reading all you expericed cruisers conversations about excursions on the Western Magic. I haven't begun to look into them yet, as I had been concentrating on the stateroom decision. I e-mailed my TA yesterday and asked to her to book the stateroom we had on hold-an upgrade from our category 5 to a catergory 3. Although it was a huge price jump, I think my DH will appreciate more room. Plus our last family vacation was a long weekend two years ago in Vermont (Trapp Family Lodge, very fun!) and our next vacation is this June 2004 cruise, so I think it's justified. The TA said this category 3 was the last available, so we don't have a choice as to location. It turns out it's aft so we'll probably be hearing the crew set up Topsiders at 4:30am :p Oh well! Maybe I'll just bring earplugs for everyone.
Buggie

Patches4, I have been looking for a good time to do the Western C. WE did the Eastern in April 2002. My problem is I have one DS in High Scool and a DD in College(so they have different Spring Breaks),also a DS in 3rd grade. So I have to figure out a time to make EVERYONE happy!! Plus my DH is in the MILITARY!! I had been thinking of March of 2004,but that would mean DS would miss a week of school! Then I came across this thread and there seem to be so many teens on the June 19th sailing! It also sounded like a great group of people! My DD will be 19 by June 2004 and this semmed to have quite a few 18 year olds already going and my older DS will be 16(he had a blast in 2002-with all the teens on that sailing)So we are a maybe!!! Also I need to talk it over with some friends(they sailed with us last time and would like to again) and DH! I will continue to read this thread and keep you posted as to our status!! Thanks, Joan:bounce:

Beth,Thanks for the weather info!! It sounds perfect to me,but the friend I sailed with before does not like it too HOT!! You also did a great description of your excursions,it sounds like a great time!! I have never been to any of these ports so the planning would be so much fun! I have already started reading the thread on Cozumel,there is a HUGH amount of info there!! Joan:bounce:

Originally posted by Joan S.
......Also I need to talk it over with some friends(they sailed with us last time and would like to again) and DH! I will continue to read this thread and keep you posted as to our status!! Thanks, Joan:bounce:

Joan, I do hope you can convince your friends and dh to come. This sounds like it's going to be a great cruise!!

Hi Beth,

That was us. Scott is my oldest. We are looking forward to going again. Patrick is the social one. He got to know almaost every one. Keep in touch.

Joanne

Just got in tonight and had to check the Dis. Just wanted to brag a little. DD is big into gymnastics and just got home from a meet where she won 1st place medal on trampoline and 2nd place on double-mini. She will compete in the Jr. Olympics in July of this year in Michigan. She placed 6th on double-mini last year so we got our fingers crossed for this year. It's 11:39 and it's still 52 here. It's been a beautiful day and tomorrow is suppose to be even better. Hope your weekend is a great one.:p

Patches4, CONGRATULATIONS to your DD!! Here in RI we are expecting a HIGH of 58 today!! Spring cannot come fast enough for me!! Joan:bounce:

Hi! This is Joan's friend Leslie from RI. We are hoping to go on the cruise, but we need to see when school gets out. We don't want our DD to miss the few last days! My DD would be thrilled if we went on the cruise because June 19, 2004 would be her 14th birthday. We went on the Magic in April of 2002 and loved it. It was the Eastern so we thought that for a change we would try the Western. This sounds like a great cruise! Keep your fingers crossed that we go back to school before Labor Day!
~Leslie B.:Pinkbounc

Hi Leslie B. Sure hope you can join us. One of the reasons we picked this date was because of when school would be out next year, with DS graduating and the way this year is going so far we kind of just guess from day to day when they are going to get out this year. If next year is anything like this year they may still be going the end of JUNE!!!! They won't set graduation until the middle or end of March next year, so we are just going on a wing and a prayer that this date wil be good for us. Sure hope things work out for you to go too. It does look like a good bunch to go with!!:p

Bump, bump, bump!!! Anymore going yet??:confused:

Talked to another family who would love to do cruise and if they go they have twin girls who will be close to 13 at time of cruise. Keep your fingers crossed they will come too.

We'll be there. Me (40), DW (42) and two DS (8 & 11 as of sailing). We did the Eastern in July of 2002 and loved it. Decided that it would be great to do back-to-back weeks. Hope to meet everyone on the cruise.:) :) :bounce:

WELCOME Albeers, whoa, 2 weeks straight!!! I would think I had died and gone to heaven for sure!!! O.K. let's see of I can add you to our growing list.

SO FAR THERE IS:
TootyJane: Self, DH, DS16, DS13, DS9, DB, DSIL,B'sDD13 ,DM

Doom Buggiedriver: Self, DH, DD13, DD11

Joannel: Self, DH, DS17, DS15, Sister(not sure of abbrev.),DM

Patches-4: Self, DH, DS18, DD13

Corl4: Self, DH, DD18, DS14

dznyacct: self, DH, DS14

Albeers: self, DW, DS8, DS11

That makes 34 people so far. Ages at time of sailing, I think.
Boys:
1-8yr, 1-9yr, 1-11yr, 1-13yr, 2-14yr, 1-15yr.1-16yr, 1-17yr. and 1-18yr.

Girls:
1-11yr, 3-13yr, and 1-18yr.

Not to bad for this far out!
Just keep growing little by little!

Just wanted to brag a little, our local High School just won the
State Tournament last night!!!! The made it to the semi-finals in 1981 but hadn't made it that far since then only the quarter-finals. This is a big feather in our caps as we are a small school and had to go up against large schools from Lexington and Louisville. Everybody from our county was at the game last night I think. We hold the state record for attendance for a high school event from 1981 and I bet we beat it last night.!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just checking in with everyone. Haven't been on here the last couple of days, trying to get packed for AZ. I leave Wed. How's everybodies weather this week? We went from the low70's the last couple of days to high 30's today. Had a cold front go through last night and boy it really feels cold again after being so warm all week.

Has anybody else out there decided to join us yet? Still working on the 2 families here, just keep talking it up so hopefully one or both will join us.

Im one of Joannel sons i will be 15 at the time of cruising( she got it wrong). I was just wondering if there was a teen roll call yet?

Hi bigpat2388,
This is corl4, Logan and Lyndsay's mom...remember them from the cruise last summer? I think we have some "footage" of you and Lyndsay dancing on Ross's video from the teen cruise! We will be cruising again with you guys next June! Logan is looking forward to hanging out again in Common Grounds! If you'd like, feel free to email Logan and maybe you guys could exchange screen names!
Say Hi to your mom!

Beth

Hi Beth,

Yes Patrick will be 15. I am sorry. We finally saw the video this week end. We met the Syracuse crowd at the beach Saturday. It was a blast. I saw more of my kids on the tape then I did on the cruise. Rianna is trying to talk her parents into cruising again. Wouldn't that be fun.

Take care,
Joanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter