• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 19,2004...who's With Us!

patches-4

<font color=009999>Had been visited by the Fairy..
JUST FINISHED BOOKING WITH DU TODAY FOR JUNE 19, 2004 WESTERN 7 DAY WHO ELSE IS GOING WITH US?:confused: :smooth:

I KNOW THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMEBODY OUT THERE THAT IS SAILING WITH US:( I MIGHT GET LONESOME ON THAT GREAT BIG SHIP ALL ALONE:smooth: :p

We'll be there. It's me, dh and our 3 boys (16, 13 & 9) and my brother, his wife and daughter and our Mom. We can't wait!!!

:bounce: I'M SO GLAD WE'RE NOT ALONE. THERE'S ME, DH, DD 13 (WHEN WE SAIL) AND DS 18, THIS IS HIS GRADUATION PRESENT, AT LEAST HE THINKS IT'S ALL FOR HIM!! REALLY I THINK THE REST OF US ARE JUST AS EXCITED AS HE IS. HOPE THERE ARE MORE OF US SOON, I KNOW IT IS STILL A LONG WAY OFF. WHERE DID YOU GO TO GET YOUR COUNTER? I CAN'T FIND THE THREAD AGAIN.:smooth:

Hi everyone,
I just booked the June 19th 2004 cruise as a surprise to my family. (My hubby, me, DD will be 13 and DD 11); This is our first cruise,and I had been debating about changing the date to the April 10th 2004 Eastern Cruise. What made you decide on this particular route and date? I am worried that heat will be a little too much for us New Englanders, and maybe April would be better. But the Western cruise sounded more appealing to me. Anxious to hear your responses.
Buggie:smooth:

:p GLAD THERE ARE MORE OF US GOING. WE HAVE TAKEN THE EASTERN IN JUNE 2001 AND JUST LOVED IT BUT THIS TIME WE WANTED TO DO THE WESTERN. MY MOM HAD DONE THE WESTERN ON CARNIVAL LAST YEAR WITH SOME OF HER FRIENDS AND THEY REALLY LIKED THE PORTS. JUNE JUST SEEMS TO WORK OUT FOR OUR TIME FRAME FOR VACATION WITH DH WORKING FOR A POWER PLANT THEY USUALLY DON'T DO ANY OF THEIR MAINTANCE THEN.

TOOTYJANE, YES MAYBE THE GIRLS CAN HOOK UP AND IT LOOKS LIKE DOOMBUGGYDRIVER AND A 13 YEAR OLD TOO.

I DID FIND THE COUNTDOWN BUT I PUT THE WRONG MIN. TIME IN AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO RESET IT, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE ON THE TECH SUPPORT CAN HELP. I'VE POSTED THE FOR SOME ASSISTANCE.!!!:smooth:

Glad you'll be with us Buggie. As to how we picked this route and date -- this will be our 3rd cruise on the Magic. Our whole family gets together once a year to vacation and cruising is so easy for the 9 of us. The 1st cruise we did back in May '99 (4-day WDW/3-day cruise). We loved the cruise more than WDW and said we'd do a 7-day if Disney ever decided to do so. When we heard Disney was going to do a 7-day cruise we booked for May 2002 (Eastern). We loved the 7-day even more and we decided that we'd like to book the 7-day Western. We did book while aboard -- to get the $200 per stateroom credit -- but because 2004 was not yet opened for bookings, at the CM's suggestion, we booked for July 2003 and then when the 2004 bookings opened up we rebooked. How we arrived at the date -- well, we really wanted a Cat. 2 (they are awesome!!!) and when we got home I sent a letter to Inventory Control requesting a Cat. 2 in place of the Cat. 4 which was originally booked for us. I just said we wanted to do the Western cruise and that any date between mid-June and mid-August 2004 would be fine. If you want a Cat. 2 you can't really be picky about the sailing date. So, when I heard the 2004 bookings were to open on Dec. 30, 2002, and I hadn't heard from Disney, I called and was informed that we got the Cat. 2 for June 19. We're kind of stuck with vacationing during summer months since my oldest ds is in high school now and he would miss too much in one week and my brother's daughter's spring break is always the last week of March (regardless of when Easter falls) so hence sailing in the summer. I know it will be hot but probably not as hot as July or August. I'll find out how hot it is in August since we're sailing on the Voyager of the Seas this August.

:bounce: SRILL HAVEN'T GOT COUNTER FIXED SO I'M STILL GOING
6 MIN. BEFORE THE REST OF YOU!!!! :smooth:

:mad: WAIT, MY HOURS ARE MESSED UP TOO. LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO MISS THE BOAT INSTEAD.:mad:

I THINK I FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!! TOOTYJANE THANKS FOR WAITING FOR US!! :p THAT'S WHAT I FINALLY DID AND JUST STARTED ALL OVER. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO GET TO FL. FROM SAN DIEGO? ARE YOU FLYING IN EARLY OR THE SAME DAY AS THE CRUISE. IT WILL ONLY TAKE US ABOUT 4 HRS. ALL TOGETHER, JUST WISH IT WAS CLOSER.:smooth:

We always fly in the day before. Last May we left San Diego at 6:30am (left late), layover in Dallas/Fort Worth (flight was delayed) and flight was diverted due to military manuevers over the Gulf so we finally arrived in Orlando about 7:30pm -- almost 3 hours late. Certainly made for a long day and we most certainly would have missed the boat if we flew in the same day.

Thanks for the great responses. (My counter is messed up too, but because I estimated the time we'd be in line checking in at the port rather than sailing away :) (I am always anxious about getting somewhere, so we are usually too early)

Looks like we'll have a few 13 year olds, which will be great. I am a little worried about DD in Common Grounds at age 13 with 17 year olds there too. I trust that she'll hang with people her own age?

I am going to stick with this June 19th date because it gives me a little extra time to pay the bill :) It's pretty exciting planning for a Disney trip to begin with, but this is extra fun because I wanted to try one of the cruises when they first offered them, but it wasn't in the cards. I'm sure we'll be at the Radisson the night before, because as I said, I couldn't bear to be at MCO on Saturday morning. This way I am within spittin distance of the port. Look forward to hearing your plans.
Buggie:smooth:

NOT SURE YET IF WE WILL BE COMING IN NIGHT BEFORE IT ALL DEPENDS ON DH WORK SCHEDULE. SURE WOULD LIKE TO BE THERE AHEAD OF TIME AND KNOW NOTHING CAN GO WRONG BEFORE WE LEAVE. IF WE DO COME DOWN NIGHT BEFORE MAYBE WE CAN ALL MEET UP BEFORE THE CRUISE.:smooth:

BUGGIE, WHERE ARE YOU ALL COMING FROM? WE'LL BE COMING OUT OF LEXINGTON, KY.

TOOTYJANE & BUGGIE:
YOU NEED TO GO TO THE TOP OF THESE BOARDS AND ADD YOUR NAMES TO THE "WHO'S CRUISIN" LIST SO WE CAN SEE WHO ALL ELSE IS GOING IF THEY SIGN UP TOO! IT'LL BE FUN TO WATCH THE LIST GROW.;)

Patches, I will add my name to the list so we can see who else joins us as time goes by. We'll be flying out of Boston or Providence, depending on the best price and convenience. There's a bus that goes back and forth from our town to Logan, ($16.00 roundtrip for adults, free for kids) that makes things sooo easy. But SouthWest often has unbeatable fares from Providence, so that may be a possibility. We'd have parking fees there, although I hear they aren't high compared to Boston. I've subscribed to the airlines internet newsletters, and plan to monitor things.

Isn't planning half the fun?!
Buggie

HA!:p YES PLANNING IS HALF THE FUN AND I'M SURE I'M GOING TO HAVE ALOT OF IT BETWEEN NOW AND JUNE '04. KIDS FINALLY WENT BACK TO SCHOOL THIS WEEK AFTER BIG ICE STORM KNOCKED OUT ALOT OF PEOPLES POWER. ONE COUNTY OVER MISSED 10 DAYS BECAUSE THE SCHOOL DIDN'T HAVE POWER. THEY'VE REVAMPED THE SCHOOL SCHEDULE AND NOW THEY GET OUT JUNE 2 INSTEAD OF JUNE 13 UNLESS THEY MISS MORE SCHOOL. THEY DID TAKE SPRING BREAK BUT WE USUALLY DON'T PLAN ANYTHING THEN DUE TO DH WORK. BUT I'LL BE GOING TO ARIZONA THEN ANYWAY AT LEAST I'LL GET OUT OF THE COLD AND SNOW AND ICE!!:smooth:

Hi every one. We will be joining you. We have to wait till the 11 month to book on points. We are me (44) dh (47)ds (17 & 14), sister (62) & mom(82) if we can convice her. We did the magic in June 0f 2002. It was fabulous. It was the best vacation ever. WE can't wait to do it again. My oldest is worried because he will be 18 and too old for common grounds. But I am sure he will have fun any way. Can't wait to get to know all of you.

HI JOANNEL, GLAD YOU ALL ARE JOINING US. MY DS WILL ALSO BE 18 WHEN WE CRUISE. HE'S NOT TO WORRIED FROM WE HAVE READ ON HERE IT SEEMS THAT IF YOU GO TO COMMON GROUNDS AND IF THEY ARE NOT TO FULL THEY TEND TO LET 18 AND EVEN 19 YEAR OLD HANG OUT WITH THEM SO THAT IS WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO AS SOON AS WE GET THERE:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter