Jubilant July Mousekercise Challenge

Does doing these workout videos count as any part of the exercise?

Does anyone remember these back from the early 1980s? The theme of the month reminded me of it. :rotfl:

Holy cow, this brings back memories! This was back when the Disney channel was a premium network and my parents actually paid for it. My mom would wake me up in the morning and I'd migrate from my bed to the couch and often watch (and sometimes participate) with Mousercise in my PJs. I remember loving all of Kelly's very fashionable aerobic wear... color coordinated headbands, say what? :lovestruc

You guys are on a roll!

4 more members have reached 10% of their goal and
Donald Duck Blue!

Congratulations to 2manypets, Pollyannamom, SarahDisney, and Sophy1996!

Today we'll focus on the voice behind our beloved duck (courtesy of www.mouseplanet.com).

Clarence Nash, the original voice of Donald Duck was born on December 7, 1904.
He was raised on a farm and for amusement started to imitate the barnyard animals.
Kids in school would compete and try to outdo each other imitating various animal sounds.
He was working doing animal impersonations on a radio show and Walt Disney just happened to hear him one night thanks to Disney storyman Ted Osborne who had produced that radio episode and turned it on during a Disney work break to see how it was going.

The rest as they say is history. Nash would go on to voice Donald Duck for over 50 years!

He would often quip "My parents wanted me to be a doctor but they are still proud because I grew up to be the biggest quack in the world".

Clarence Nash passed away on February 20, 1985 at the age of 80.

Here's a funny clip of "A Day in the life of Donald Duck" that aired in February 1956, in which a frustrated Donald Duck confronts Nash (the whole video is 15 minutes but the actual confrontation starts from 3:30 to 6:35):

Luckily I'm dogsitting this week so I have extra motivation to get some walks in!
thumb

Tuesday: 30 minutes
Wednesday: 30 minutes
60/700 = 8% getting there!

Congratulations to the newest team member to reach 10% of her goal and Donald Duck Blue - Courtneybeth

Also I'm happy to announce our first team color change :flower1: . We've reached Donald Duck Blue!

One of my favorite rides from my most previous trip was the Gran Fiesta Tour featuring The 3 Caballeros. Such a delightful ride and movie.

The 1944 film was an extension of the Good Neighbor Policy started by FDR in the 30's to strengthen ties with Latin America.

In it Donald Duck receives birthday presents from his friends in Latin America. Starts off with a story about Pablo the Penguin trying to escape the bitter cold of the South Pole. Then we get a lesson on the various birds of the Amazon. And then we follow a young boy's adventures with a flying donkey.

My favorite parts of the movie is when we meet Jose Carioca and Panchito Pistoles who take Donald on journeys to Brazil and Mexico respectively. There's singing, dancing, fun antics, and Donald Duck getting enamored by all the ladies.

Here are some clips from the movie:

and of course the famous song....

Minutes:365/2000
Percentage: 18%

Guys.... Pokemon Go was released and I went for a 60 minute walk last night trying to catch Pokemon around my neighborhood. Woo! :woohoo:

Today's total thus far has been 45 minutes. I may update again later if I go for another Pokemon quest.

38 minutes on the exercise bike today, off to a slow start I am afraid but I will keep chugging along! I have been working most days since the start of the month and also spending time with my dad as he prepares to head to heaven, its hard to think about myself right now.

38/800

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter