• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jon and Kate Plus 8. Official Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, I thought this for opinions, so mine will never change about this. It was her choice to be on tv, so don't wonder how hard it must be on her. I wouldn't have time to have it in my home; 8 kids and a good husband would fulfill me enough. Dont you wonder why that was her decision? Foster home moms, preschool teachers, and other multiple children families & caregivers do it because they want to. Is Kate saying she's an angel for dealing with it somehow? What is the point of the show from her view? Exploiting her circumstance at the expense of her husband's dignity and the children's security of a private, loving home would be my guess.
I'm not well aquainted with most reality shows because happily, I have my own life to bother about. I do feel very strongly about her attitude and I feel very sorry that we live in a world where people like you responders think that she is acting like a responsible adult to everyone who is watching her thinking they can gain some valuable insider tips on raising a family. My kids watch some tv, my kids act up, my husband and I have diagreements. Life is not perfect, but I would never make it worse by using the power of the almighty TV Reality Shows to publicly embarrass my husband or myself. Viewers like you defenders must excuse anyone's actions on a reality show because it makes for good tv for you and your family.

Oh, my - well, for the record, I don't agree with your views about Kate, and I don't think she embarrasses anyone, nor do I think she is exploiting her children.

And you sound awfully familiar to me...have we met before????:rotfl:

Viewers like you defenders must excuse anyone's actions on a reality show because it makes for good tv for you and your family.

Know what? I can't find anything decent to watch on tv. I haven't watched tv all summer. I watch tv at night now, because it is to cold and dark outside and I am stuck in my house. There is not one show I enjoy watching. I happened to flip through the stations last Monday and "Little People" caught my eye and then this show came on. I really feel pathetic watching, the show is like a car wreck, I can't believe I sit there and watch.

The more I watch this show the more I get Kate if you know what I mean? I just wish she would spend less time cleaning and more time playing with the kids. Time goes by so fast.

Oh, my - well, for the record, I don't agree with your views about Kate, and I don't think she embarrasses anyone, nor do I think she is exploiting her children.

I thought the same thing!:lmao:

You did a Baby Story?!?! How Cool! I just watched an episode, I love that show!

Yes, we also did an episode of "where are they now" - it was a great way to document the kids' birth - especially for me, since I didn't get to see them as they were delivered. The people who do the filming and the producers are really great. It is a lot of work, however, and I can't imagine having a crew in my home on a regular basis like Kate and Jon do.

Im sorry, I thought this for opinions, so mine will never change about this. It was her choice to be on tv, so don't wonder how hard it must be on her. I wouldn't have time to have it in my home; 8 kids and a good husband would fulfill me enough. Dont you wonder why that was her decision? Foster home moms, preschool teachers, and other multiple children families & caregivers do it because they want to. Is Kate saying she's an angel for dealing with it somehow? What is the point of the show from her view? Exploiting her circumstance at the expense of her husband's dignity and the children's security of a private, loving home would be my guess.
I'm not well aquainted with most reality shows because happily, I have my own life to bother about. I do feel very strongly about her attitude and I feel very sorry that we live in a world where people like you responders think that she is acting like a responsible adult to everyone who is watching her thinking they can gain some valuable insider tips on raising a family. My kids watch some tv, my kids act up, my husband and I have diagreements. Life is not perfect, but I would never make it worse by using the power of the almighty TV Reality Shows to publicly embarrass my husband or myself. Viewers like you defenders must excuse anyone's actions on a reality show because it makes for good tv for you and your family.

Get a lot of nosebleeds up there on your high horse?

Hey Liz, I tried clicking on that tag of yours, but it didn't work! ;)

I have kind of a different take on the show. Keep in mind that I haven't watched any of the newer episodes, so maybe I'm completely off -- feel free to correct me!

I agree that Kate is totally neurotic, but I never got the sense, like other people do, that *she's* the only problem in that household -- somehow she's causing all the issues, etc. Seems to me that Jon gets to jaunt off to work every morning, free as a bird. She gets stuck at home with eight kids under seven years old (how old are they now, anyway???) ... absolutely NOT healthy for anyone, IMO. She chews him out all the time, but he's incapable of saying a single pleasant word to her for all the hard work she does taking care of a litter of kids. (did you guys ever see the TLC special on them before they did a series? what a jerk he always was, grumping around, not giving her any sympathy, only helping out when he absolutely had to) In my book, her life has got to majorly suck. I can only imagine how crazy eight kids would make me (any of you out there who have eight kids or close to that number -- sorry, but I'm assuming you never had eight kids under seven years old, or SIX two-year-olds running around :scared1: )

The other thing that drives me crazy is the neat freak thing -- it seems like a big problem for a person who has eight kids to take care of with no help. There was one episode where she was interviewing for a maid (seemed to be a sort of orchestrated thing for reality tv, but whatever :confused: ). The whole episode was about how none of them were good enough because they didn't go through the entire house with a fine-toothed comb, cleaning every single speck of dust. She actually checked out all these weird, hidden spots to see if there was dust. I believe she pulled out the vcr and probed way behind it and came up with some dust ... resulting in her firing the maid. (she's probing behind the VCR??? :confused: I've never even had the desire to look behind my VCR, let alone clean it :thumbsup2 )

All the while she was bustling about searching for specks of dust, the kids seemed to be locked up in some sort of dog pen sort of device in the basement. I kid you not. Jon & Kate constructed a pen in their basement so the kids don't run amok. Not that I could blame them for worrying about what would happen with six toddlers running about -- obviously it's safer to pen them up. But yet ... they seemed to be down there a lot (and in the other episodes) completely unattended to, or watched over by the twin girls. She would jaunt down there once in a while to do a mass diaper change, but they honestly didn't seem like they were getting a lot of attention.

Anyway, that's my rant. That show makes me shiver in fear with the horror of watching a person try to care for a litter of tiny children while dealing with severe neuroses and getting no assistance. The whole thing is disturbing and sad to me. And don't get me started on how horiffic it is to think about popping so many out at once and being dwarfed by an enormous, throbbing, close-to-popping belly like a spider carrying an egg sack. Sick. :scared1:

(wow, I've probably offended *everyone*!!!)

I have kind of a different take on the show. Keep in mind that I haven't watched any of the newer episodes, so maybe I'm completely off -- feel free to correct me!

I agree that Kate is totally neurotic, but I never got the sense, like other people do, that *she's* the only problem in that household -- somehow she's causing all the issues, etc. Seems to me that Jon gets to jaunt off to work every morning, free as a bird. She gets stuck at home with eight kids under seven years old (how old are they now, anyway???) ... absolutely NOT healthy for anyone, IMO. She chews him out all the time, but he's incapable of saying a single pleasant word to her for all the hard work she does taking care of a litter of kids. (did you guys ever see the TLC special on them before they did a series? what a jerk he always was, grumping around, not giving her any sympathy, only helping out when he absolutely had to) In my book, her life has got to majorly suck. I can only imagine how crazy eight kids would make me (any of you out there who have eight kids or close to that number -- sorry, but I'm assuming you never had eight kids under seven years old, or SIX two-year-olds running around :scared1: )

The other thing that drives me crazy is the neat freak thing -- it seems like a big problem for a person who has eight kids to take care of with no help. There was one episode where she was interviewing for a maid (seemed to be a sort of orchestrated thing for reality tv, but whatever :confused: ). The whole episode was about how none of them were good enough because they didn't go through the entire house with a fine-toothed comb, cleaning every single speck of dust. She actually checked out all these weird, hidden spots to see if there was dust. I believe she pulled out the vcr and probed way behind it and came up with some dust ... resulting in her firing the maid. (she's probing behind the VCR??? :confused: I've never even had the desire to look behind my VCR, let alone clean it :thumbsup2 )

All the while she was bustling about searching for specks of dust, the kids seemed to be locked up in some sort of dog pen sort of device in the basement. I kid you not. Jon & Kate constructed a pen in their basement so the kids don't run amok. Not that I could blame them for worrying about what would happen with six toddlers running about -- obviously it's safer to pen them up. But yet ... they seemed to be down there a lot (and in the other episodes) completely unattended to, or watched over by the twin girls. She would jaunt down there once in a while to do a mass diaper change, but they honestly didn't seem like they were getting a lot of attention.

Anyway, that's my rant. That show makes me shiver in fear with the horror of watching a person try to care for a litter of tiny children while dealing with severe neuroses and getting no assistance. The whole thing is disturbing and sad to me. And don't get me started on how horiffic it is to think about popping so many out at once and being dwarfed by an enormous, throbbing, close-to-popping belly like a spider carrying an egg sack. Sick. :scared1:

(wow, I've probably offended *everyone*!!!)

I respect your opinion, but...

Any reality TV show has a "spin". With the Duggars, the Dilleys, and now the Gosselins, it's boring TV to watch a mom and dad have an easy time of parenting a group of multiples. No one would watch if it were just child care, adn the parents always agreed and were in love, and there weren't any financial pressures. It would just be like watching your life on an ordinary day.

In this case, the fact that Kate is a neat freak and she and Jon snip at each other to relieve tension is the "spin" of this show. They have discussed this in several episodes. Also, you have to remember, they are young parents. I believe Jon just turned 30 in a recent episode. How many of us would want our 30 year old selves to be held up to public scrutiny?

I think it's great they made a reality show out of their lives. They aren't exploiting the children in any way as far as I'm concerned. And I think they'll look back and be glad they did it. And if they make some money on it, so much the better.

I respect your opinion, but...

Any reality TV show has a "spin". With the Duggars, the Dilleys, and now the Gosselins, it's boring TV to watch a mom and dad have an easy time of parenting a group of multiples. No one would watch if it were just child care, adn the parents always agreed and were in love, and there weren't any financial pressures. It would just be like watching your life on an ordinary day.

In this case, the fact that Kate is a neat freak and she and Jon snip at each other to relieve tension is the "spin" of this show. They have discussed this in several episodes. Also, you have to remember, they are young parents. I believe Jon just turned 30 in a recent episode. How many of us would want our 30 year old selves to be held up to public scrutiny?

I think it's great they made a reality show out of their lives. They aren't exploiting the children in any way as far as I'm concerned. And I think they'll look back and be glad they did it. And if they make some money on it, so much the better.

Oh, I'm with you on that. And obviously this show's particular spin is successful, insofar as people seem to enjoy it, or even despise it (yet keep watching!) I guess we all have our personal limits in terms of what kind of reality-tv grotesquerie we are able to bear. I think my reality tv limit involves people being forced to eat bugs and people who pop out six kids ;)

I like both Kate and Jon. I think they both have their usefulness and their quirks seem to work for them. My parents were much the same (a laid back dad with a borderline OCD neatfreak mom).

Sure, Kate is a bit neurotic. Yet considering she has so many small children to care for this is most likely a necessity for her. She needs to keep them all on a strict schedule and tightly control in order to get any discipline going. She is far outnumbered by them and I'm pretty sure that as the kiddo's get older she'll lighten up. for now, this is probably needed. Jon is the laid back dad who is probably the softie, and will serve that role for the kids. Kate seems more about planning, Jon seems to be more about implementation.

I am not a fan of the way she snips at Jon. Yet I also understand we don't see the whole picture. The snipping is fine with me since it seems they always work throught it and they understand this about each other. In their interviews they always seem to be giggling about whatever little tiff they had that day and have made up. So more power to them.

I enjoy the show a lot. I do not believe her to be exploiting the kids. I can only presume they do this to get $$ to help raise the kids and put money away for their future. The money from these shows most likely helps give Kate the freedom to stay home and care for the brood.

I remember when the Dilley's first began getting profiled, people were *horrified* because the parents would pour a box of cheerios onto the floor and let the kids have at it. Saying "Well, it ends up there anyway and the floors are clean!". They also had one of their rooms set up like a steel cage. They had those steel baby gates, but stacked up on top of each other so they covered the whole door frame. Then they greased the poles with vaseline to keep the kiddo's in. Funny, but people failed to understand that you need to have at least one place in your home where you can put the kiddo's, do a chore or two, and not worry. People were constantly nit-picking at the Dilley's too. I love Jon and Kate because they seem like a realistic family. They snip and tease but at the end of the day they love each other and seem to have some pretty good kids.

Hello people, she has 8 kids! Yes, eight. E-I-G-H-T. She is always saying shes happy, and she wouldn't trade her life for anything in the world. But, yes, no matter how happy you are, it's bound to drive you crazy. I have 3 kids, the oldest being 4.5, and the younger two are 11 months apart. It is crazy in my house - I can't imagine being in hers!!! Hey, it's not all wine and roses and smiley faces all the time, but do I love my life and my kids? Yes. Which is why if I snip at my DH because I've had an exhausting day with them he understands. It's not easy. I can't imagine how crazy her days are....and it's got to stress her out. But, I think Jon and Kate balance each other well...just beacuse they aren't huggy kissy happy all the time doesn't mean anything. In fact, I think it makes it way more real.

Heck - my dh loves the show, and so do I. We can't wait for each new episode. It's our therapy together. We laugh and breathe a little better, because it makes us think better about our own hectic life!

And obviously this show's particular spin is successful, insofar as people seem to enjoy it, or even despise it (yet keep watching!) I guess we all have our personal limits in terms of what kind of reality-tv grotesquerie we are able to bear. I think my reality tv limit involves people being forced to eat bugs and people who pop out six kids ;)

I agree. I don't watch this show, but really it's about watching all reality shows. I don't really like them. My DH landed on the show once and we watched for awhile while we were cleaning and I couldn't watch it for very long. I wouldn't want that many kids to begin with and I can't stand to watch someone else take care of that many.

I like to watch t.v. to escape reality, not watch someone else live.

Enjoy the show.:flower3:

I like the show! I give Kate a lot of credit to do what she does. I don't know if she still is now, but at least in the earlier episodes she talks about how she is a nurse at a dialysis center and works a double shift every Saturday and Jon is home by himself every Saturday taking care of the kids (got to give him credit for doing that too:thumbsup2 ). I know I couldn't have a camera in my home all the time- I'm sure it is bound to put stress on life where there is already stress with all those kids! More power to them! I can't wait to see the episode where they were at Disney this summer- I think a few months ago someone posted they saw them at WDW in June (or maybe July) with a camera crew. That will be an interesting show!!

I like the show! I give Kate a lot of credit to do what she does. I don't know if she still is now, but at least in the earlier episodes she talks about how she is a nurse at a dialysis center and works a double shift every Saturday and Jon is home by himself every Saturday taking care of the kids (got to give him credit for doing that too:thumbsup2 ). I know I couldn't have a camera in my home all the time- I'm sure it is bound to put stress on life where there is already stress with all those kids! More power to them! I can't wait to see the episode where they were at Disney this summer- I think a few months ago someone posted they saw them at WDW in June (or maybe July) with a camera crew. That will be an interesting show!!
She actually quit her job to stay home full time with the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter