Jon and Kate Plus 8. Official Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhMari

WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
Is there an official thread?

I watched the new show last nite on TLC. I just saw them on Ellen today and Schwinn gave everyone a new bike.

I thought I heard Kate mention that the real grandparents aren't around. Anyone know why? Then she showed Nanna and Joe and explained how they don't need to be blood related to be a Nanna and and Grandpa? Did I hear that right, or anyone know what is going on with her parents?

The sextuplets are so cute!!! I do feel kind of bad for Cara and Mady though since more attention does get placed on the 6 little ones.

About the grandparent thing I just took it as the real Grandparents are as close by and thus aren't around as much, but I could be wrong.

Kate said something on the sextuplets birthday party episode about their parents aren't involved in their day to day lives. Could be that they don't live close by or could be something else. John's grandmother, Gammy, was at the party. The way he was talking about his parents, it seemed like his father was no longer living. Anyway, those kids have a lot of people that love them. That's all that matters.

We like this show. I think the mom can be a bit annoying though. But I still like to watch. I took her comments to mean that they were too far away, to be there alot.

OT---One thing my daughter noticed. In the one hour special last year, when Kate was having her tummy tuck--She was making all those meals for the family to eat while she was away, she made a big speech about how she didn't want her kids to ever have fast food, and how things should be healthy and organic. THen later in the show, they show one on the twins in her room, and on the bedside table there was a drink cup from Mcdonalds. Can you say BUSTED:happytv:

Is there an official thread?

I watched the new show last nite on TLC. I just saw them on Ellen today and Schwinn gave everyone a new bike.

I thought I heard Kate mention that the real grandparents aren't around. Anyone know why? Then she showed Nanna and Joe and explained how they don't need to be blood related to be a Nanna and and Grandpa? Did I hear that right, or anyone know what is going on with her parents?

I would love to know this too. I googled it & came up with nothing. I think it very odd they would not be at the kids Bday Party.

One thing my daughter noticed. In the one hour special last year, when Kate was having her tummy tuck--She was making all those meals for the family to eat while she was away, she made a big speech about how she didn't want her kids to ever have fast food, and how things should be healthy and organic. THen later in the show, they show one on the twins in her room, and on the bedside table there was a drink cup from Mcdonalds. Can you say BUSTED:happytv:
She said she didn't want the SEXTUPLETS to have fast food! ;) They hadn't had any at that point and she didn't want to start giving them fast food. I'm sure the twins have had fast food from before the birth of the sextuplets.

Kate seemed liked she was annoyed with Ellen. She got applause when she said she makes all her meals from scratch because it is healthier. Ellen was like "really?"

Kate and Dave didn't say anything new that they haven't said on their show. Ellen was trying to get them to talk about how the experience was with the camera's and they just said nothing. I think Kate is more aware of what she is doing. Dave made the comment on the TLC show that the camera shows all.

I took it that they weren't close with their parents too for some reason. I wondered if the parents had a problem with their ethnicity?? I keep forgetting to watch though. I watched the premiere then haven't watched anymore:confused3

Kate seemed liked she was annoyed with Ellen. She got applause when she said she makes all her meals from scratch because it is healthier. Ellen was like "really?"

Kate and Dave didn't say anything new that they haven't said on their show. Ellen was trying to get them to talk about how the experience was with the camera's and they just said nothing. I think Kate is more aware of what she is doing. Dave made the comment on the TLC show that the camera shows all.

Who's Dave? Kate is married to John.

Just an FYI the dads name is Jon, not Dave.:goodvibes I disagree that Kate seemed annoyed, I think it was very noisy and choatic so Kate had a hard time answering the questions (which weren't many to begin with.) A PP was right about the fast food, it was the sextuplets that haven't had it not all the kids. I think Kate seems very down to earth and what you see is what you get; obviously their relationship works for them. I think it would be very difficult to be phony in front of the camera and still chase after all the kids and maintain the house, etc. Overall, I love the show and can relate to Kate's germ phobia and neat freakiness!:rotfl2:

I caught the show the other day and I was going to post about it. I can't stand the mom!:sad2: Sorry, but she is an overbearing, annoying control freak! I feel sorry for the husband. The kids are adorable, though. :thumbsup2

Did anyone else see her tattoo the day they went to the spa? It is Pooh on her ankle.

We love that show here too. It's nice to be able to sit down with the kids and watch something we can all enjoy. My girls think the kids are all soooo cute and maybe having just 2 sisters isn't so bad lol:lmao: :happytv:

I saw part of it one time. I cannot believe how poorly that woman treats her husband! I guess there really is someone for everyone. Maybe the grandparents aren't around because they can't stand that wife!

The kids are adorable, though. :)

I read on another thread that one of the set of grandparents lives in Michigan (this could be wrong though). Me too, it got me curious about the grandparents and wondering why they were not there for the 3th party, etc.

Wondering???

I enjoy this show too.

Who's Dave? Kate is married to John.

Sorry, for some reason I had Dave on the brain:confused3

Did you see their pictures when they first started dating. She was picking on John to eat healthy and loose weight.

Sorry, for some reason I had Dave on the brain:confused3

Did you see their pictures when they first started dating. She was picking on John to eat healthy and loose weight.

The old were pictures great! They were cool once upon a time....so was I believe it or not.:cool2:

love the kids and mom and dad. kate is a trip but she is just being herself. it seems to be a fairly real reality show. i think they're brave to put themselves out there like that. p.s. jon is a cutie.

I love the show! I had watched before but now I try to take notes to help me prepare to watch my "boys" while my friend has some surgery soon. (My friend has half her family, LOL of them, a DD 5 and 9 m Triplets)

I just wish I was half as organized as her with the cooking and shopping and all that cleaning and I used to think I was doing Great.

I like the show. And I guess I'm in the minority, but I like Kate...I wish I had a fraction of her ability to run a household!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter