• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jon and Kate Plus 8. Official Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched this tonight becasue it was on the channel already,and i have been too busy to turn it. Kate is a witch and horrible to everyone she comes across. When her husband says nice things about her, you just know that she threatened him to do it. He needs to take the kids and run. And, instead of hiring an unlucky cleaning woman to abuse publicly, she needs to hire someone to teach her not to abuse her husband. She doesn't deserve the blessings shes been given. As a mom and grandma, to me she is so transparently hateful in her role as a mom. Except about poop....she seems to really love that topic. At least something makes her smile besides tormenting John and getting away from the babies. This is an awful awful show, and i could find my time much better spent cleaning my own potties and bathrooms. When John finally leaves kate, make a show about living through a nightmare and finally finding happiness. Thats what Disney's for, right?

I love the show. I think Kate and John balance each other out and I have heard John say he could never stay home and do what Kate does all day.

Yea, Kate can be a little annoying at times and she does have that control thing going on, but she has 8 kids, it seems to almost be necessary to be like that and when she goes a bit over the top, John seems good at putting her in her place. I think they work well together.

I read on another board that Jons father was a dentist who had died, and Kates father was a minister who they no longer have contact with. From what I have read, Jons mother now lives on the west coast.

well, just saying that she doesnt make a good show to watch. Yes, I am well aware that not much does these days and we're scraping the barrel for finding something decent to watch. This is supposed to be a health related show...she has mental health issues going on and really should hire a nanny to help so that all the children are not learning that its okay to ridicule and control your spouse and partner. No, I really dont see him put her in her place, because her place should be beside him and with the kids. Anyone could do as good a job as she is doing, because she is always griping, always controlling, always abusing everyone. When I see her show kindness, take the kids to church, love her husband and still say she wants to be home, then I would be impressed. OCD with cleaning and hatefulness and showing off to try to be some kind of short term tv star does NOT impress me.

well, just saying that she doesnt make a good show to watch. Yes, I am well aware that not much does these days and we're scraping the barrel for finding something decent to watch. This is supposed to be a health related show...she has mental health issues going on and really should hire a nanny to help so that all the children are not learning that its okay to ridicule and control your spouse and partner. No, I really dont see him put her in her place, because her place should be beside him and with the kids. Anyone could do as good a job as she is doing, because she is always griping, always controlling, always abusing everyone. When I see her show kindness, take the kids to church, love her husband and still say she wants to be home, then I would be impressed. OCD with cleaning and hatefulness and showing off to try to be some kind of short term tv star does NOT impress me.
Keep in mind that this is a highly edited show. It doesn't show 24/7 of what goes on within their home. It must be nice to sit back and judge someone else on an edited "reality" show.

I love the show and I love Kate. Their kids seem very happy and well adjusted and I love the banter between Jon and Kate!

I love the show and I love Kate. Their kids seem very happy and well adjusted and I love the banter between Jon and Kate!
Me too! I watched last night. This was the first time I got to see the bd party episode. It was fun :)

Do you have a lot of experience raising 8 children? She does show kindness, church is not a part of everybody's life and doesn't determine somebody's worth as a parent and having OCD is not a crime...

I think she does a fantastic job for a mother of 8 young children.

Hi. I am another one that loves the show. Trying to recall all the last shows, I have never saw the children sitting watching tv. I don't think that I have ever saw a tv in thier home.:confused3 Hey, a cell phone, nope, a computer, nope.

Hi. I am another one that loves the show. Trying to recall all the last shows, I have never saw the children sitting watching tv. I don't think that I have ever saw a tv in thier home.:confused3 Hey, a cell phone, nope, a computer, nope.
In one of the episodes after she gives 4 of them a breathing treatment she mentions going upstairs to watch a tape. I don't think they've shown them watching TV, but I think they might watch a little. Generally though when you see them they are running around and playing

Do you have a lot of experience raising 8 children? She does show kindness, church is not a part of everybody's life and doesn't determine somebody's worth as a parent and having OCD is not a crime...

I think she does a fantastic job for a mother of 8 young children.
If you read their website, they talk about God a lot. I just don't think they show them going to church, etc.

http://www.sixgosselins.com/

I watched this tonight becasue it was on the channel already,and i have been too busy to turn it. Kate is a witch and horrible to everyone she comes across. When her husband says nice things about her, you just know that she threatened him to do it. He needs to take the kids and run. And, instead of hiring an unlucky cleaning woman to abuse publicly, she needs to hire someone to teach her not to abuse her husband. She doesn't deserve the blessings shes been given. As a mom and grandma, to me she is so transparently hateful in her role as a mom. Except about poop....she seems to really love that topic. At least something makes her smile besides tormenting John and getting away from the babies. This is an awful awful show, and i could find my time much better spent cleaning my own potties and bathrooms. When John finally leaves kate, make a show about living through a nightmare and finally finding happiness. Thats what Disney's for, right?
Hey honeygirl! Welcome to the DIS! I always admire a "newbie" who jumps right in with such a strong very first post. :thumbsup2 ;)

Actually, on the Mother's Day episode, they talked about after breakfast having to get ready for church.
I haven't seen that one yet. We don't get Discovery Health so I have to wait for it to be on TLC. That episode should be on tonight.

I like the show, I like both Kate and John. Maybe she's controlling, heck I'm controlling, so I probably don't see it the same way others do. My opinion is running a household is a job. Somebody's got to be the boss and keep things running smoothly.

I like the show. My DH and I watch it and we get why Kate handles things certain ways sometimes. We don't have 8 kids - we "only" have triplets and I know myself that being organized and structured is the key to survival. We also did "A baby story" and know full well how much editing takes place in a show like this one.

When we watch this show, it makes us feel so much better about a rough time with our own trio.

Im sorry, I thought this for opinions, so mine will never change about this. It was her choice to be on tv, so don't wonder how hard it must be on her. I wouldn't have time to have it in my home; 8 kids and a good husband would fulfill me enough. Dont you wonder why that was her decision? Foster home moms, preschool teachers, and other multiple children families & caregivers do it because they want to. Is Kate saying she's an angel for dealing with it somehow? What is the point of the show from her view? Exploiting her circumstance at the expense of her husband's dignity and the children's security of a private, loving home would be my guess.
I'm not well aquainted with most reality shows because happily, I have my own life to bother about. I do feel very strongly about her attitude and I feel very sorry that we live in a world where people like you responders think that she is acting like a responsible adult to everyone who is watching her thinking they can gain some valuable insider tips on raising a family. My kids watch some tv, my kids act up, my husband and I have diagreements. Life is not perfect, but I would never make it worse by using the power of the almighty TV Reality Shows to publicly embarrass my husband or myself. Viewers like you defenders must excuse anyone's actions on a reality show because it makes for good tv for you and your family.

I like the show. My DH and I watch it and we get why Kate handles things certain ways sometimes. We don't have 8 kids - we "only" have triplets and I know myself that being organized and structured is the key to survival. We also did "A baby story" and know full well how much editing takes place in a show like this one.

When we watch this show, it makes us feel so much better about a rough time with our own trio.

You did a Baby Story?!?! How Cool! I just watched an episode, I love that show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter