Jenn and Rolin's Disney Fantasy Wedding PJ

Love it, hope to see you in your dress around the ship when you take your pictures. And also hope you keep posting.

Sorry to backtrack... I'm so sorry to hear about the BM drama. I've had some behind the scene BM drama too, but instead of being BCC'ed on any emails one of my BMs would flat out tell me all the dirty details of their arguments, while the other was trying to keep it all quiet for my sake. It put me in a position where I could not really do anything except feel stressed over a situation I couldn't control. Luckily my mom stepped up and took care of those two for me. I wish the drama starters would just keep you out of it. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without being dragged into petty arguments that are basically jealousies and hidden insecurties surfacing. I'm sorry you still have to work with this unstable person, and I hope it doesn't cause you too much more stress than it already has. Also, if she's not asking about the wedding, it really does sound like she's jealous.

Now, back to happier topics! I love your wedding summer dress! It looks so flowy and COMFY! Is it linen? (It looks like it in the photo.) Anyway, it's so pretty and perfect for a sunny cruise destination wedding!

Sorry to backtrack... I'm so sorry to hear about the BM drama. I've had some behind the scene BM drama too, but instead of being BCC'ed on any emails one of my BMs would flat out tell me all the dirty details of their arguments, while the other was trying to keep it all quiet for my sake. It put me in a position where I could not really do anything except feel stressed over a situation I couldn't control. Luckily my mom stepped up and took care of those two for me. I wish the drama starters would just keep you out of it. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without being dragged into petty arguments that are basically jealousies and hidden insecurties surfacing. I'm sorry you still have to work with this unstable person, and I hope it doesn't cause you too much more stress than it already has. Also, if she's not asking about the wedding, it really does sound like she's jealous.

Now, back to happier topics! I love your wedding summer dress! It looks so flowy and COMFY! Is it linen? (It looks like it in the photo.) Anyway, it's so pretty and perfect for a sunny cruise destination wedding!

yes it is linen and it is soooo comfy. Though we are still going back and forth on wearing the big dress. I suppose I have 10 months or so to decide.

As those of you following along now, I was torn between wearing my big church dress on the cruise because I was afraid something would happen I could not fix in the 30 days between when the cruise ends and the church wedding. Today I found the solution. http://www.dressale.com/fresh-style-empire-chiffon-wedding-gown-with-ruche-details-p-11371.html. I ordered this dress and will wear it on the cruise. I am so incredibly happy. Thank you ladies for inspiring me to go for the magical. Seriously thanks. Have a great Weekend.

BEAUTIFUL!!! The dress for your cruise wedding is so pretty and looks so flowy and comfortable, I think it's perfect!!!

Brooke

Hi Jenn,

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile but I'm all caught up on your PJ! I'm glad you are able to bring your own photographer, and it's a family member too! I completely understand about family being not interested! We are having a similar issue. We decided to do a DCL wedding instead of Hawaii because we thought more people would be able to attend! I even informed a few people that I really wanted to attend a year in advance so they could start saving. We even went with a 4 night since it's cheaper! Still most people aren't going! OH well, I'm trying to not let it get to me but sometimes its hard!! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.

Hi Jenn!
Congrats!
I'm reading through your posts for ideas and just love the garment bags! Now i'm considering getting them for my bridal party. Thanks Thanks!

Get out your popcorn ladies this is a long one. popcorn::

So I have eight bridesmaids and a JR. I know that sounds like a lot but let me explain. The first two my MOH and my cousin E are going to be with me at our cruise wedding. The second three my MOH, my friend M and my friend C are going to be with me at our church wedding in Minnesota as well as DF's four nieces. Third group will be my MOH, E, M & C at our Virginia Reception only.

Here is where the drama comes in. Around December of last year my MOH sent an email out to my other three bridesmaids and explained to them what she and I had discussed for the bridal shower. Basically she asked mom and I what we thought and we told her our thoughts and dear MOH went and did the research to see what it would costs to do it that way. After seeing the costs Mom and MOH and I decided that something a little cheaper and A LOT less expensive would be better. So Dear MOH sent out a second email explaining the changes. Somehow the combination of the two emails pissed off one of the other ladies. That BM came to me and said that the emails upset her (didn't say why) and then said she was going to email MOH and tell her. What was I supposed to say? I said okay fine. Well unbeknownst to me she had basically lost her damn mind.

In the beginning the emails were sent to all four ladies, myself and my mom. But then later, when it got ugly, I was blind copied on the emails sent by the BM. After it happened I was kind of upset and told her so. She then finally explained why she was up set and though I physically understood why she was upset, in my heart I did not understand at all. It didn't make sense to me. She was acting jealous. Like some how my MOH was usurping her. Which made no sense because from the beginning my MOH has been my MOH. Its not like I asked them all and then said I will decide later. Plus it is the MOH's responsibility to do the bridal shower and the bachelorette party.

I could not understand what she was acting jealous and upset about something that was not her responsibility to do it just really fried my eggs. Anyway it got childish and ugly and even when MOH tried to end it, the other BM kept going. Even when I spoke with her about it in person she would not drop it. She was actually pissed at me for being upset with her and that I wasn't taking sides. She tried to say that I told her it was okay to let and that my mom asked for people to go to their corners and relax.

During the conversation she would say stuff and I would feel like we had reached an end she would start right back up again. It was maddening. Honestly she could not let it go. I was frankly embarrassed. I was trying really hard not to say something like, clearly someone forgot this is about me and not you so suck it up, put your big girl panties on and deal with it, or bow out gracefully. Eventually I did say if it is to hard for you to deal with my MOH and you need to back out you can and I will still love you. Well that set her off. She got all passive aggressive and said something like fine I can see what you want me to do you don't want me in your wedding. I was really disappointed, frustrated and stressed beyond reason.

Here is the kicker to all this, the BM that did all this, I work with her. Now she is my team lead. So I have that to deal with.

I confess since all that happened I kind of see her completely differently and there have been a bunch of times where I really wonder if we will still be friends when all of this is done. I also have been thinking about looking for a new job when all this wedding stuff is done. I just to know what else to do. Its sort of like once its out there its out there and cannot be taken back.

Any advice would be welcome...

Sick of the drama :sick:

My goodness... this sounds stressful! But I agree with everyone else who commented about this.
Stand up and voice out how you really feel about the situation and put a stop to her shenanigans. Your crazy BM should also know to separate personal and business. If not, find another job... not worth the trouble in the long run. I am praying for you and wishing you lots of luck with all the wedding planning. I hope everything will work out with that BM
Oh... one way to relive stress [body and mind], YOGA!

Well its been a while since I have posted so I will catch everyone up on the planning. The bridesmaid drama had pretty much died down until about two weeks ago when my MOH informs me that she doesn't want to discuss the other bridesmaid. In thinking about it now I totally understand why. At the time I was completely caught off guard. This is on top of one of my bridesmaids for the "at home" wedding we are doing for DF's family in Minnesota backing out because of money. Again totally understand here because her husband is being furloed (sp) due to the sequestration. So needless to say I was stressed for a while. But things have again calmed down and hopefully the BM will make nice with the MOH so that the Shower will be friends.

Now flash back to wedding planning for the cruise. We were so excited we had decided to do dinner at Palo for everyone until....... Two more people booked. This is a blessing and a curse because while we are happy to have more people join our celebration there is only room for 14 people in the private room at Palo so that goes out the door. Now I have no way to have all our party together since some of them are doing early dining. Yikes.

At the end of the day DF and I decided that there is nothing we can do. We will still visit and and have fun with everyone. Right?

Still sad about Palo

This weekend we had another family book the cruise. We went from 8 people to 20. DF and I are so honored that all of these people would spend the money to come and see us get married. It is this feeling that drives my need to make the Cruise and the wedding on the cruise as magical experience for our guests as it is for us. We have been planing since February of 2012. Eleven months before we could even book the cruise. We wanted to have a welcome bag of things that we know people never remember to bring when they travel. the bags them selves, blankets for castaway cay, drink ware for the drink stations, ponchos in case it rains, and a special gift from DF and I to the guests. Then I learned about the DISboards. I found a group of other cruise brides that added more ideas, now I have Disney bookmarks and will be adding tummy aid boxes and hidden mickey soaps made by fell cruise brides.

So we booked the two of us, my parents, my Godmother and her friend, my MOH and her BF. We thought would be it. But then we heard from my Uncle that him and his wife would be coming along with My cousin and her husband and their toddler son. Bringing our group from eight to thirteen. Next to join was Rolin's two nephews who will be playing the role of our photography *****es during this cruise. Then a couple of long time friends joined in making our group 17. Then this weekend an old College friend her husband and son decided to join us. So now we are 20. We could not be happier.

I am so looking forward to spending time on our cruise with all of these people. :woohoo:

Well we are PIF, sent in the planning guide (WAY early) and sent away for the marriage license. Now all we have to do is wait until 60 days out to finalize them both and 45 days out to find out when and where on the ship we are getting married.

We are so excited :banana:

Did you figure out how to post pictures? I am trying to post some too but no attachments and it wont let me copy/paste. Grrrrr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter