Jenn and Rolin's Disney Fantasy Wedding PJ

DisneyGeek39

I'd rather be at Sea
A little about us. Im Jenn and my fiancé is Rolin. We met online. After chatting in instant messenger for a while we got on the phone for the first time and have been together ever since. After doing the long distance thing for about a year, he moved out here. It will be nine years this June. We talked about marriage like you have those if we won the lottery conversations. In a someday kind of way and neither of us was in a rush to get there. In fact I used to joke that if he actually did propose I would look around for the cameras.

That all changed when we took a cruise on the Disney Magic to the eastern Caribbean in January of 2012. We had been discussing with my parents taking a cruise for their 45th wedding anniversary which would fall in the same year as our ten year dating anniversary. Since neither of us had ever been on a cruise before DF and I decided to take a test run. Being big Disney fans we decided to take our first cruise Disney Style.

It was either the first or second day at sea we were sitting on what we affectionately called our spot on the adult side of the ship. Sitting midway between the spa doors and the coffee café we were enjoying the mix of smells, reading and watching the day sail by. All of a sudden we spot this bride and her groom walking around the ship taking pictures. It was our V-8 moment. We just looked at each other and just knew this was how we would get married. As we sat there and thought about it we decided that we would do it when we took the anniversary cruise with my parents.

We could not wait to tell anyone but at the same time we wanted to hold on to it like it was our secret. We started quietly floating the idea to my parents to see if they would be on board (pun intended). Once we made the decision Rolin wanted to officially ask my dad for permission, so we waited to officially get engaged until he could do so. I am so lucky to be wearing the engagement ring that my dad got for my mom when they first got engaged.

Then we began the waiting game for DCL to release the itinerarys for the 2014 sailings. We are getting married on the Disney Fantasy in May of next year on the 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy - Itinerary C. As much as we thought it would be cool to be married on the ship we decided to get married on, we are ecstatic to sail on the Fantasy.

I am starting my planning on these boards because after reading peoples PJ's and TJ's I realize what a wealth of information is out there. So glad I found this site. I am thinking we will end up getting Married at the Outlook lounge since I am superstitious about outdoor events and rain.

I am curious about how all of this works:

Should we ship the welcome bags before hand or hand them out ourselves.
Should we do the porthole magnets for everyone?
What what wedding cake flavors does everyone like?

Any advice is welvome

So after ready a few more PJ's yesterday I noticed that there are a lot of people that don't seem to want use the Disney Photo package. Is that because of the cost or because of something I did not pick up from the PJ/TJ threads I Have been reading.

The reason I ask is that we really cannot afford to pay for a photographer to go on the cruise and then pay for the photographers fees. At the same time I also do not want to be unaware of a potential issue.

Anyone Have any thoughts?

I can tell you the reasons why I choose to bring a photographer. One, if I'm correct, you only get one photographer for about an hour or so. You can always buy more time. The top photo package that includes a disc with all images is about $1000. The main reason is that the last night of your cruise you have to go through all the wedding photos and pick which ones you want. For me I didn't want to spend my last night of the cruise stuck in our room looking at pictures.

Now our wedding cruise is only a 4 night, while you are doing a 7 night, so there is a price difference. I completely understand about paying for a photographer. I couldn't believe some of the prices! To pay for their cruise and travel expenses on top of their photo package was quite expensive. I was lucky enough to find a photographer that agreed to shoot the wedding for just the price of the cruise for her and her husband, who is the second photographer, for just a couple hundred dollars more then the top photo package and I will get all images on a disc!

I say do a ton of research and email photographers in Florida and see what happens. You may find one that's in your budget

I hope this helped.

Jodi

I can tell you the reasons why I choose to bring a photographer. One, if I'm correct, you only get one photographer for about an hour or so. You can always buy more time. The top photo package that includes a disc with all images is about $1000. The main reason is that the last night of your cruise you have to go through all the wedding photos and pick which ones you want. For me I didn't want to spend my last night of the cruise stuck in our room looking at pictures.

Now our wedding cruise is only a 4 night, while you are doing a 7 night, so there is a price difference. I completely understand about paying for a photographer. I couldn't believe some of the prices! To pay for their cruise and travel expenses on top of their photo package was quite expensive. I was lucky enough to find a photographer that agreed to shoot the wedding for just the price of the cruise for her and her husband, who is the second photographer, for just a couple hundred dollars more then the top photo package and I will get all images on a disc!

I say do a ton of research and email photographers in Florida and see what happens. You may find one that's in your budget

I hope this helped.

Jodi

Jodi first of all YAY someone posted!! :cool1: Sorry I am a geek about this stuff. Thank you for the advice. I guess I thought since we were doing the CD that we could get all of the pictures and decide later, but I was not thinking about the shots that you get with the package. we are are doing a sort of wedding tour next year. Cruise in May 2014, Church wedding Early July 2014 in Minnesota for his family and then a straight up party here in Virginia for my family. So we are looking for a bunch of cool things to do to tie the cruise into the other wedding events. In addition the photographer in Virginia agreed to put the cruise photos and the Minnesota Church/Reception event in our custom album if we provide her with a CD.

With the cost of the package being 1000 already it might pay for us to see if we can find an inside state room and book them and another photographer. Good Idea

So I just spent the whole night reading other PJ/TJs from other cruise brides. Now its 1:20 and I am watching Brave in hopes that I will fall asleep but no such luck.

So I am doing welcome bags for my guests. Since a bunch well all but three of them are experienced cruisers I am trying to include items that have a cool factor as I expect that most of them will pack smart. That said I work in the promotional products industry so it is hard not to want to increase the schwag factor in my gift bags.

I picked a Jute tote as I liked the idea of a green element to the welcome bags. I got them through work blank since I want to customize them myself.
http://www.primeline.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?fpartno=LT-3430

My DM and were thinking of either spray painting using stencils or getting a large rubber stamp made and then stamping them on. But then we got the bags and realized that due to the holes in the pattern, we are not sure which will work. so more to follow on that later.

Then next the filler. We sailed on the Magic in Jan 2012. Eastern Caribbean to St Maarten and St. Thomas and CC. Thing I remembered the most was it rained on St. Thomas and we got soaked headed back to the boats that take you back to the ship. Then it also rained on Pirate night. So I found these ponchos that come in a case all folded up and clip onto a bag.
http://www.leedsworld.com/products/item/?item=6690-03#.UYiRB7WsiSo
So I ordered those for everyone plus some extras cuz they are kind of handy.

Then I wanted to provide a drinking tumbler for everyone to use at the 24 drink station. However since I was not sure if people would want hot or cold drinks I wanted to find something that would work for both. Enter the Hot & Cold Skinny Stainless Tumblers. Again I got these blank but my DM and I are looking at some kind of Aplique design for people.
http://www.leedsworld.com/products/item/?item=1623-93#.UYiRfLWsiSo

Next I ordered fold away blankets for everyone since we brought one and used it all the time in our room as well as on CC. Not sure if I am going to embellish these in anyway since it is just a blanket.
http://www.hitpromo.net/product/show/7026.

Now the only other thing i want to add would be door magnets, little emergency packs (only because they are cute) and of course we are doing attendant gifts for all 10 adults and the 1 toddler attending so far. Mainly because to us the cost of the cruise and the honor they are showing us by attending makes us want to honor them in some way. SO we are doing the Smart Phone Wristlets by Vera Bradley for the ladies and Kenneth Cole card/money clips for the men. Both of these will be useful to our guests while on the cruise.

Any other suggestions are completely welcomed. I would post pictures of these items rather than the links but it wont let me and I am to tired at this point to figure out why. Though any help to this forum newbie would be helpful.

Before I sign off to finish watching Brave (because I have no idea where the bear came from) I will tell you a little about Rolin and I. We met online 10 years ago in June, he lived in Minnesota I lived here in Virginia (though originally from Queens NY). A year or so later he moved out here to live with me and we have been together happy in our peaceful cohabitational bliss with no thoughts of marriage.

Then we went on a cruise on the Magic in January 2012 and saw a bride and her groom taking pics around the ship and thought AHA we have to do this. So there it is. I will write more but the moving emoticons are starting to freak me out a little since I am so sleepy right now.

If anyone has advice or suggestions for my Welcome Bags or questions about what I have already ordered. Please let me know.

G'Night

Congrats on planning your wedding. For our welcome bags, we are putting in pens and crossword puzzle books for the adults and coloring books for the kids coming. We are also toying with getting mouse ears for everyone. Unfortunately, my DF doesn't do cruises, but I love reading about cruise weddings.

To upload pictures, upload the photos to a site like Photobucket first. It took me a little while to get how to upload pics when I started my PJ.

I look forward to more of your plans :)

Congrats on planning your wedding. For our welcome bags, we are putting in pens and crossword puzzle books for the adults and coloring books for the kids coming. We are also toying with getting mouse ears for everyone. Unfortunately, my DF doesn't do cruises, but I love reading about cruise weddings.

To upload pictures, upload the photos to a site like Photobucket first. It took me a little while to get how to upload pics when I started my PJ.

I look forward to more of your plans :)

Lauren - Hey I am Jenn. Congratulations on your wedding planning. My DF and I were also not going to get Married. To quote Taylor Swift Like Ever. We've been together 9 years this June. My mom had been telling us to get legal paperwork done in case of an emergency and then when my Dad got sick (he's fine now) and my almost MIL got sick (she's good now too) we were thinking my Mom was right. So we when we were on the cruise last January we saw a bride and just knew as soon as we had that money that is what we were going to do.

The crossword puzzle is an awesome idea. Yeah we are thinking of getting pirate ears for everyone. I just have to figure out a way to get them to the ship in one piece. So no Cruise, but where is your wedding going to be?

Growing up I always wanted to get married at WDW. This was back before the Pavilion. When I was really young and I wanted Mickey to marry me and I wanted to fly in on a helicopter with a swing attached. I know I know corny but I was five. We decided to get married when we were on a cruise so thus the cruise wedding, but I have always been curious about the other types of Disney weddings.

Looking forward to following your plans as I go through mine.

-Jenn

Congratulations and best wishes on your planning!

If photography is important to you, I would ask around your local neighborhood. Our photographer came with us at just the cost of the cruise, which equaled to be a little more than her basic package. Photographers are always looking to add to their portfolios! I wanted high quality photos. I have seen some past brides that used Disney's photographers, and they were great pictures. It's what you find most important to you.

Welcome Bags ... ugh, still a sore subject here. Try to remember that probably the majority will be flying and whatever you do for them, they have to pack in their luggage. There is so much to do on the cruise, try not to overwhelm the bag ... hope that helps? We mailed a box to the ship with our welcome bags already to be delivered to the staterooms, directions were given by Meredith. But my bags weren't delivered to the correct rooms and one was missing until the very last evening. :sad:

Congratulations and best wishes on your planning!

If photography is important to you, I would ask around your local neighborhood. Our photographer came with us at just the cost of the cruise, which equaled to be a little more than her basic package. Photographers are always looking to add to their portfolios! I wanted high quality photos. I have seen some past brides that used Disney's photographers, and they were great pictures. It's what you find most important to you.

Welcome Bags ... ugh, still a sore subject here. Try to remember that probably the majority will be flying and whatever you do for them, they have to pack in their luggage. There is so much to do on the cruise, try not to overwhelm the bag ... hope that helps? We mailed a box to the ship with our welcome bags already to be delivered to the staterooms, directions were given by Meredith. But my bags weren't delivered to the correct rooms and one was missing until the very last evening. :sad:

Thanks good idea on the photographer. Yeah I think we are going to hand deliver the welcome bags ourselves, we are going to do a champagne toast in our room before the meeting with the on board coordinator (unless you think there will not be time?) and then give them the bags.

Thanks good idea on the photographer. Yeah I think we are going to hand deliver the welcome bags ourselves, we are going to do a champagne toast in our room before the meeting with the on board coordinator (unless you think there will not be time?) and then give them the bags.

You should have plenty of time ... what dining time are you doing? We had a lot of time to socialize before dinner and we were Main seating. We all met right outside of Cabana's and had drinks, very casual. Keep in mind that your rooms aren't ready until 1:30, you would have to lug the bags around unless if Guest Services would hold them for you. Something to talk to Meredith about. You might be able to meet at a lounge, not sure if they are opened then, but we had several children where Deck 11 was easiest and convenient for us.

You should have plenty of time ... what dining time are you doing? We had a lot of time to socialize before dinner and we were Main seating. We all met right outside of Cabana's and had drinks, very casual. Keep in mind that your rooms aren't ready until 1:30, you would have to lug the bags around unless if Guest Services would hold them for you. Something to talk to Meredith about. You might be able to meet at a lounge, not sure if they are opened then, but we had several children where Deck 11 was easiest and convenient for us.

I did not think about the lug factor or the room ready thing either. I suppose I could also put them in our suitcase and then wait until dinner.

Lounge might be a good idea. We were thinking of waiting in the Atrium for all of our guests to arrive, in which case we could hand them their welcome bags as they board?

I have seen so man Cruise brides on these threads mention that the welcome bag thing did not go smoothly. Well I have some time to thing.

This is going to be a short story long. So when DF and I decided to get married when we were on our Disney Magic cruise last July, we knew that most of our family and friends would not be able to attend. So we decided that we would do a party/reception in his hometown where his family is from and then here in Virginia where we live.

Then we decided that since the cruise ceremony cannot mention religion in anyway that when we were in his home town we would do a vow ceremony in his family church. So what was a simple get away wedding of our dreams has now become a wedding tour. We are making the best of it and using it as part of the theme and stuff.

Intellectually we knew that most of his family would not be able to come. But with our hearts we were heartbroken when it seemed like no one was even trying to go except for his nephew, who quickly after we booked the cruise in December 2012 backed out due to money and job concerns. His parents are not up to sailing nor would they fly to Florida so it would be a three day drive for them to and from the terminal. None of his two brother or two sisters and only one other eight nieces and nephews expressed any interest. I mean, never mind the cost or reasons we thought people wouldn't come but not even an interest. I was disappointed for him and then quickly that turned in to pissed off.

So in reading all of these blogs and the postings on my thread, I found that people were bringing their own photographers, and that if you do take the Disney photographer, you don't get a lot of time, you cant get the getting ready shots, and a host of other things that make it less desirable plus the $1000 bill. Not to mention the regular cruise photo credits and CD which we were already planing on buying.

Now, I should mention that his nephew (the one that backed out) has his degree in photography and is a pretty talented photographer. About three weeks ago that same nephew got a job. Unbeknownst to us he was thinking about coming again.

Mean while, DF and I were talking about all of the great things I was learning on these boards. I said you know I wish we could put the $1K towards a state room and have Julian be our photographer. So then my DF says hey I have $1100 saved up and I said what if we could put the money he had saved plus the $1000 we were going to pay for the wedding photo package, and then pay the rest of it off monthly until the final pay date, we could have him come on the cruise and be our photographer. All he would have to do is pay for his airfare.

So I called said nephew who I will now call DN or BM thought BM has other connotations. He agreed and even said that now that he was working he would pay back everything. I told him how about we pay him the $1000 and then he could pay us back for the rest. So now its DONE. I am going to call Dee Dee in the morning and book it. Dee Dee is the lady that has helped us and all of our guests book their cruises and link them.

I am so excited because now not only will we have great images of our wedding but now his nephew is coming. I am so happy! :cheer2: :cool1:

Before I even started reading these boards, or even knew they existed we had planned on sending pre-arrival packages. So at 30 days before the cruise we are going to send out pre-arrival packages.

So I found these really need eco-friendly garment bags that I am going to send to everyone to hold their wedding gear for the cruise.
1b2a8e88-de93-4c6a-adc1-1a6e17a52df7_zps8e9e035b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then the next thing that I found was a cute plastic folder envelope for people to hold their cruise notebook, flight itineraries, passports and all that kind of stuff.
d509f9c0-9681-4c79-9cf3-9792b89df4f3_zps8108000e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then once we found out the wedding time and confirmed if we would be using the private room at Palo or not we will be sending
http://www.zazzle.com/boarding_pass_cruise_wedding_invitations-161056088585538332

Finally, I saw on someone's thread on here a bride that did a newsletter and another who did a passport. I am thinking I am going to do some combination of the information that was in both but do it like a passport.

I have the two items but will not do the invitations until we have the wedding information.

I am so excited.

GRRR can some one PM me and tell me how to post images on here. I would love to show pictures of my dress and stuff like that. :badpc:

So here is me and my MOH at David's Bridal. I still am a little worried about wearing this Dress on the Cruise and in the Church. I am so afraid it wont make it back home in one piece. I know I might be crazy. We'll see. I don't have to decide now.

efd94ace-19a5-4a79-a7c8-e925f15ada4e_zps22248b4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the back.

Here is a closer one so you can see the detail

Here is the moment I first saw myself in the dress

I am starting my work outs and diet on Monday with Weight Watchers and then the gym in my office building. The dermatologists appointment is next month and I am finally switching back to contacts. So hopefully things will stay on track.

I did not get the veil in the pictures because i wanted something longer for our church wedding.

Ooh I like the dress a lot. I haven't gotten a veil yet but that's because I'm cheap and refuse to pay 200 for one. I found one on etsy that I love and its only 45. Is that the color and dress that your girls are going to be wearing shown in the pic of you and your friend?

Ooh I like the dress a lot. I haven't gotten a veil yet but that's because I'm cheap and refuse to pay 200 for one. I found one on etsy that I love and its only 45. Is that the color and dress that your girls are going to be wearing shown in the pic of you and your friend?

Well I think if I decide to do that dress on the ship as well then yeah that will be her dress. But if we go the Maxi Dress route I am not sure.

I heard that there is website that you can buy 2nd hand bridal wear or stuff that brides are trying to sell. A girl at work got a bunch of stuff. I will ask on Monday for you.

You could always wear the mouse ears? Just kidding.

So after reading a bunch of PJ's we have decided that we are going to put a "passport" in our pre-arrival boxes. They will have the envelope, the garment bag, the boarding pass invitation showing the wedding date and time and finally the passport. I am still working on it so I dont have images yet. Its hard not to want to copy everything from the website into this thing. I also don't want to aim the passport only at the inexperienced cruisers. Since there are only four of our group of fourteen people. But then that is it for the pre-arrival package.

Then for the welcome bags I do think that we dont want to overwhelm people. We had always planned to treat people that come on the cruise as part of the wedding party. Mainly because the cost is so expensive how could we not. So we had always planned on getting them a bridesmaid/groomsman gifts which we we have now decided to give out at the celebration. SO in the bags will just be the drinkware, the blanket, the poncho and door magnets.

Feel good that those decisions are made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter