Jenn and Rolin's Disney Fantasy Wedding PJ

So those of you following you have seen the stuff for my prearrival boxes and then the stuff for my welcome bags. I really was at a loss to find one or two Disney items. Thanks to the DISCruise Brides group on FB I found two things. First I am doing word cloud bookmarks with Heidi another cruise bride. If you are looking for cool stuff you should check out her store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AvocadoCrafts

then I am going to do soaps with Jillian she is also a Disney Cruise bride. These two things will really take my welcome bags to the place I want them.

So now all that is needed is bridesmaides dresses for the cruise and then I am done until we have to submit everything. Now I can move onto planning the church wedding in Minnesota for DF's family. :yay:

So at the start when DF and I first got engaged the idea of doing the cruise, a church ceremony in Minnesota and a party in Virginia seemed like a great idea. Awesome even. This way we could have a dream wedding but still make a time and place for our families to celebrate with us. Now just under a year from the first event I am stressed as heck.

The cruise is easy on the decision making front because the choices on the cruise are extremely limited. Here I have done most of the things that need doing until we have to submit our selections 60 days from our sail date. You know cake a, filling b, flowers c. That is really all you can decided on. The welcome bags are done save a few last minute details thanks to Etsy and my fellow DISCruiseBrides. I still have not decided on whether or not to wear the big dress on the cruise or save it for MN. Probably I will get a dress for the cruise to wear and save the big one for MN. The big open hanging dangling thing here is who is still planing on coming and has not told us. Right now we are at 14 adults and one adorably cute toddler. If we stay at that number then we can do dinner the night of the wedding at a special place. However if we increase the number (which we would be totally fine with) then there will only be dinner with the folks that are at the same dining as us. So at this point I am just letting it go until we know. Really we do not have to make this decision until March anyway. Then what is left is trying to decide when to meet up with everyone on the embarkation day.

For Minnesota we have booked the venue, reserved the church. Aside from that we know who we want the caterer to be but need to formalize, we need to meet with the pastor to discuss the vow ceremony, we know the flower situation and thankfully will get that sewn up this summer, so we still need a photographer and a DJ and transportation for us on that day. Then everything is decided except for the three groomsman that DF has yet to finalize. I need to also do the room block. So after our trip there this summer things well be in much better shape and I budget will start to take hold. Then I can focus on the teeny tiny details that will make the night perfect for DF and I. Because after all it is about us right? Right?

Virginia is really simple. The venue, photographer and DJ are booked. Centerpieces are purchased just need to make them. Then we only need to finalize the caterer, drinks and the police officer for the evening and we are good to go.

Then there are the guest books, the photo booths, the favors, the programs, the invitations, the life size jenga, all of the things that surround the events. I am not stressed by the big stuff but more and more I am stressed by the feeling that I will forget to do something. the idea that I am or will forget something is what keeps me up at night. that and trying to pace myself with buying and doing things so that I dont put myself into a cash flow mess by doing things all at once. So often I say to myself, silly girl what did you get yourself into.... But then I look at his smiling face, I think about the romantically, magical and special time we will have on our wedding cruise and I think, its all worth it. All of it. Because at the end of the day, I get him and he gets me. What more is there....

Congrats on passing the one-year mark, it is major milestone, and pretty soon things will start picking up pace! :goodvibes And it sounds like a lot of things are coming along really nicely!

I was thinking about sharing a PDF, can you take a screen capture or "print screen" of the image? I don't if you are familiar with doing that sort of thing, but on my computer if you hold the function key (Fn) and the printscreen key (PrntScr) it will take a "photo" of anything on your screen and then you can just paste it somewhere, like Paint, and save as a jpeg or other image file. Just a thought! Or maybe print up a hardcopy and take a photo of it? I really would love to see your passports, if you couldn't tell! Haha!

Nicole you are so close to your day, I am so excited for you. Hey if you like i can send you the ppt that I am using for the passports. Just PM me your email and I will send it to you.

I'm so pleased I found your post. Congratulations. I am also getting married on the DCL, magic August 2014 in the Med. I'm putting together bags for the guests too, because like you we thought it was a way of saying thank you for coming. Anyway this is your thread and I'm withering on, looking forward to seeing your plans.

Fifitrixabellee - We took our first DC on the Magic. Love love that ship. We were thinking of taking a cruise after the wedding one to see what the revamped ship looks like. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. We are doing a passport in our prearrival bags. I tried to see how to post it on here but cannot find a way.

A little about us. Im Jenn and my fiancé is Rolin. We met online. After chatting in instant messenger for a while we got on the phone for the first time and have been together ever since. After doing the long distance thing for about a year, he moved out here. It will be nine years this June. We talked about marriage like you have those if we won the lottery conversations. In a someday kind of way and neither of us was in a rush to get there. In fact I used to joke that if he actually did propose I would look around for the cameras.

That all changed when we took a cruise on the Disney Magic to the eastern Caribbean in January of 2012. We had been discussing with my parents taking a cruise for their 45th wedding anniversary which would fall in the same year as our ten year dating anniversary. Since neither of us had ever been on a cruise before DF and I decided to take a test run. Being big Disney fans we decided to take our first cruise Disney Style.

It was either the first or second day at sea we were sitting on what we affectionately called our spot on the adult side of the ship. Sitting midway between the spa doors and the coffee café we were enjoying the mix of smells, reading and watching the day sail by. All of a sudden we spot this bride and her groom walking around the ship taking pictures. It was our V-8 moment. We just looked at each other and just knew this was how we would get married. As we sat there and thought about it we decided that we would do it when we took the anniversary cruise with my parents.

We could not wait to tell anyone but at the same time we wanted to hold on to it like it was our secret. We started quietly floating the idea to my parents to see if they would be on board (pun intended). Once we made the decision Rolin wanted to officially ask my dad for permission, so we waited to officially get engaged until he could do so. I am so lucky to be wearing the engagement ring that my dad got for my mom when they first got engaged.

Then we began the waiting game for DCL to release the itinerarys for the 2014 sailings. We are getting married on the Disney Fantasy in May of next year on the 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy - Itinerary C. As much as we thought it would be cool to be married on the ship we decided to get married on, we are ecstatic to sail on the Fantasy.
That is too cool!

Fifitrixabellee - We took our first DC on the Magic. Love love that ship. We were thinking of taking a cruise after the wedding one to see what the revamped ship looks like. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. We are doing a passport in our prearrival bags. I tried to see how to post it on here but cannot find a way.

Thank you. I like the passports I've seen them on Pinterest really cute idea. So many great ideas out there it's hard to pin down only a few, I'm going slightly craft crazy with everything I want. I cant remember who, but they did a really nice booklet in their bags it may have been in Ginger's report. I love your story of how you met.

Get out your popcorn ladies this is a long one. popcorn::

So I have eight bridesmaids and a JR. I know that sounds like a lot but let me explain. The first two my MOH and my cousin E are going to be with me at our cruise wedding. The second three my MOH, my friend M and my friend C are going to be with me at our church wedding in Minnesota as well as DF's four nieces. Third group will be my MOH, E, M & C at our Virginia Reception only.

Here is where the drama comes in. Around December of last year my MOH sent an email out to my other three bridesmaids and explained to them what she and I had discussed for the bridal shower. Basically she asked mom and I what we thought and we told her our thoughts and dear MOH went and did the research to see what it would costs to do it that way. After seeing the costs Mom and MOH and I decided that something a little cheaper and A LOT less expensive would be better. So Dear MOH sent out a second email explaining the changes. Somehow the combination of the two emails pissed off one of the other ladies. That BM came to me and said that the emails upset her (didn't say why) and then said she was going to email MOH and tell her. What was I supposed to say? I said okay fine. Well unbeknownst to me she had basically lost her damn mind.

In the beginning the emails were sent to all four ladies, myself and my mom. But then later, when it got ugly, I was blind copied on the emails sent by the BM. After it happened I was kind of upset and told her so. She then finally explained why she was up set and though I physically understood why she was upset, in my heart I did not understand at all. It didn't make sense to me. She was acting jealous. Like some how my MOH was usurping her. Which made no sense because from the beginning my MOH has been my MOH. Its not like I asked them all and then said I will decide later. Plus it is the MOH's responsibility to do the bridal shower and the bachelorette party.

I could not understand what she was acting jealous and upset about something that was not her responsibility to do it just really fried my eggs. Anyway it got childish and ugly and even when MOH tried to end it, the other BM kept going. Even when I spoke with her about it in person she would not drop it. She was actually pissed at me for being upset with her and that I wasn't taking sides. She tried to say that I told her it was okay to let and that my mom asked for people to go to their corners and relax.

During the conversation she would say stuff and I would feel like we had reached an end she would start right back up again. It was maddening. Honestly she could not let it go. I was frankly embarrassed. I was trying really hard not to say something like, clearly someone forgot this is about me and not you so suck it up, put your big girl panties on and deal with it, or bow out gracefully. Eventually I did say if it is to hard for you to deal with my MOH and you need to back out you can and I will still love you. Well that set her off. She got all passive aggressive and said something like fine I can see what you want me to do you don't want me in your wedding. I was really disappointed, frustrated and stressed beyond reason.

Here is the kicker to all this, the BM that did all this, I work with her. Now she is my team lead. So I have that to deal with.

I confess since all that happened I kind of see her completely differently and there have been a bunch of times where I really wonder if we will still be friends when all of this is done. I also have been thinking about looking for a new job when all this wedding stuff is done. I just to know what else to do. Its sort of like once its out there its out there and cannot be taken back.

Any advice would be welcome...

Sick of the drama :sick:

Wow drama is right! I had to read twice to get my head round it. Your "friend" sounds like she has major issues. You really don't need that kind of drama seriously and to be honest it's her issue not yours. Maybe it's a jealously thing underlying because it sounds as though she's not happy in her life to be so mean.
What does your MOH say?
It's hard but I think I would try and ignore the childishness. It sound like an attention thing.
I'm sorry you have to work with her.
I hope it works out for you.

Wow drama is right! I had to read twice to get my head round it. Your "friend" sounds like she has major issues. You really don't need that kind of drama seriously and to be honest it's her issue not yours. Maybe it's a jealously thing underlying because it sounds as though she's not happy in her life to be so mean.
What does your MOH say?
It's hard but I think I would try and ignore the childishness. It sound like an attention thing.
I'm sorry you have to work with her.
I hope it works out for you.

Thank you so much I so appreciate the advice.

I hate to say it but I am mainly just trying to keep the peace.:hippie: Intellectually I know what I need to do but logistically it is so hard to maneuver since I work with her. The main think that my mom, moh and other two bridesmaids keep saying to me is that they support me no matter what but that thye are worried that it will eat me up inside pretending to this girl that everything is fine.

The thing is that even before the blow up she would never ask me about my wedding. Whats worse is she still doesn't, so what did she think I would do.

I am just said that grown adult women behave so badley.

Wow! I was reading that post and felt like I was back in high school. It's kind of like someone not being able to cope with the fact you have more than just her as a friend. I am sorry you have to work with her. On the plus side, at least you're learning more about who she truly is. This way, if you so choose down the line, you will know in your heart whether or not you want to be friends with her.

Haven't jumped in on your PJ before, but your crisis is deserving of advice.

You are a much better person than me that is for certain. I had very similar drama occur during the time before my wedding. I basically told everyone involved to take a flying leap in the middle of my bridal shower. I said (and I quote) "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya." I think folks were so shocked I put them in their places right quick that the drama disappeared IMMEDIATELY after that, and the rest of my wedding-related events went off without a hitch.

Sometimes you really do have to take the bull by the horns. Be blunt, straight-forward and, more importantly, HONEST. By trying to keep the peace, you might be inadvertently feeding into the drama because no one knows where you truly stand on everything that is taking place. Make your feelings on the subject plainly obvious without any doubt about what you want to happen. People may not like it, but I promise they will stick their tongues where the sun don't shine.

Good luck. It's your day, the most beautiful moment of your life. Don't let someone else ruin it if you can put an end to their petty interference.;)

Super Drama! So sorry you have to deal with the mess.

It's great that you're mom, MOH and bridesmaids are supportive of your decision, but I do agree you should probably step in and tell everyone what you think and how you're feeling. In MHO, you could return the show of support as well by, for lack of better phrasing at the moment, putting this woman in her place. You shouldn't stress yourself trying to keep the peace, even if it is your boss. There is enough stress in planning a wedding without people causing more. And even if she gets upset, she *should* be able to keep her personal and work lives separate.

It sounds to me like she's a jealous, petty person who is upset because you are getting the attention. It could also be like Lauren said, that she's jealous because you have other friends, and one that you put in front of her.....figuratively, and literally. I had a friend like this, she wouldn't let me talk to anyone else while she and I were hanging out. The only exception was my mom. If I got a text and picked up my phone to read it, she would say, "Who is that? What do they have to say that's more important than me right now? You're hanging out with me, you shouldn't be texting or talking on the phone with anyone else." I mean, really? I can't answer a text? You would have thought we were dating and I'd cheated on her.

Anyway, I digress. If this woman has not, and still does not, ask about your wedding, then she has probably never really been much of a friend to you in the first place.

Wow! I was reading that post and felt like I was back in high school. It's kind of like someone not being able to cope with the fact you have more than just her as a friend. I am sorry you have to work with her. On the plus side, at least you're learning more about who she truly is. This way, if you so choose down the line, you will know in your heart whether or not you want to be friends with her.

I totally agree. DF and I had a talk about it over the weekend and he is so supportive. He said I can tell you what I would do but you have to live it. :love: Love that boy.

Haven't jumped in on your PJ before, but your crisis is deserving of advice.

You are a much better person than me that is for certain. I had very similar drama occur during the time before my wedding. I basically told everyone involved to take a flying leap in the middle of my bridal shower. I said (and I quote) "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya." I think folks were so shocked I put them in their places right quick that the drama disappeared IMMEDIATELY after that, and the rest of my wedding-related events went off without a hitch.

Sometimes you really do have to take the bull by the horns. Be blunt, straight-forward and, more importantly, HONEST. By trying to keep the peace, you might be inadvertently feeding into the drama because no one knows where you truly stand on everything that is taking place. Make your feelings on the subject plainly obvious without any doubt about what you want to happen. People may not like it, but I promise they will stick their tongues where the sun don't shine.

Good luck. It's your day, the most beautiful moment of your life. Don't let someone else ruin it if you can put an end to their petty interference.;)

Dania, I completely agree. I need to put my big girl panties on and be a grown up to, otherwise I am not setting the example. I think I may take her to lunch in a public place to limit the drama and talk it out.

Super Drama! So sorry you have to deal with the mess.

It's great that you're mom, MOH and bridesmaids are supportive of your decision, but I do agree you should probably step in and tell everyone what you think and how you're feeling. In MHO, you could return the show of support as well by, for lack of better phrasing at the moment, putting this woman in her place. You shouldn't stress yourself trying to keep the peace, even if it is your boss. There is enough stress in planning a wedding without people causing more. And even if she gets upset, she *should* be able to keep her personal and work lives separate.

It sounds to me like she's a jealous, petty person who is upset because you are getting the attention. It could also be like Lauren said, that she's jealous because you have other friends, and one that you put in front of her.....figuratively, and literally. I had a friend like this, she wouldn't let me talk to anyone else while she and I were hanging out. The only exception was my mom. If I got a text and picked up my phone to read it, she would say, "Who is that? What do they have to say that's more important than me right now? You're hanging out with me, you shouldn't be texting or talking on the phone with anyone else." I mean, really? I can't answer a text? You would have thought we were dating and I'd cheated on her.

Anyway, I digress. If this woman has not, and still does not, ask about your wedding, then she has probably never really been much of a friend to you in the first place.

Thank you CharlieGirl. I love the stuff about your mom. That is so funny. I get more wedding SPAM from my MOM than I do from actual wedding vendors. It is cute and annoying at the same time. But I love that she is enjoying it so much.

Okay so earlier in my PJ I posted the picture of my Dress and my MOH's dress. We were always planning on wearing those to the vow ceremony we are doing in Minnesota for DF's family, but I was not sure if I should wear that dress to the cruise wedding because I am so afraid something will happen to it on the ship that I could not have fixed. Also the men are all wearing khakis and camp shirts so my dress would be really formal by comparison.

So an alternative dress has been selected ordered and I got it and love it. I found it on Etsy. The dresses take about 5-6 weeks to arrive but so worth it. So now my bridesmaids and some of the other ladies are going to order their dresses for the wedding in bright colors. Best part you cannot beat the price. I know it does not have the gradure of the other dress but honestly I am so excited to have found my flowy sun dress for the cruise. I think I may order another dress for embarkation day so I have something nice to wear for the legal ceremony.

So I just spent the whole night reading other PJ/TJs from other cruise brides. Now its 1:20 and I am watching Brave in hopes that I will fall asleep but no such luck.

So I am doing welcome bags for my guests. Since a bunch well all but three of them are experienced cruisers I am trying to include items that have a cool factor as I expect that most of them will pack smart. That said I work in the promotional products industry so it is hard not to want to increase the schwag factor in my gift bags.

I picked a Jute tote as I liked the idea of a green element to the welcome bags. I got them through work blank since I want to customize them myself.
http://www.primeline.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?fpartno=LT-3430

My DM and were thinking of either spray painting using stencils or getting a large rubber stamp made and then stamping them on. But then we got the bags and realized that due to the holes in the pattern, we are not sure which will work. so more to follow on that later.

Then next the filler. We sailed on the Magic in Jan 2012. Eastern Caribbean to St Maarten and St. Thomas and CC. Thing I remembered the most was it rained on St. Thomas and we got soaked headed back to the boats that take you back to the ship. Then it also rained on Pirate night. So I found these ponchos that come in a case all folded up and clip onto a bag.
http://www.leedsworld.com/products/item/?item=6690-03#.UYiRB7WsiSo
So I ordered those for everyone plus some extras cuz they are kind of handy.

Then I wanted to provide a drinking tumbler for everyone to use at the 24 drink station. However since I was not sure if people would want hot or cold drinks I wanted to find something that would work for both. Enter the Hot & Cold Skinny Stainless Tumblers. Again I got these blank but my DM and I are looking at some kind of Aplique design for people.
http://www.leedsworld.com/products/item/?item=1623-93#.UYiRfLWsiSo

Next I ordered fold away blankets for everyone since we brought one and used it all the time in our room as well as on CC. Not sure if I am going to embellish these in anyway since it is just a blanket.
http://www.hitpromo.net/product/show/7026.

Now the only other thing i want to add would be door magnets, little emergency packs (only because they are cute) and of course we are doing attendant gifts for all 10 adults and the 1 toddler attending so far. Mainly because to us the cost of the cruise and the honor they are showing us by attending makes us want to honor them in some way. SO we are doing the Smart Phone Wristlets by Vera Bradley for the ladies and Kenneth Cole card/money clips for the men. Both of these will be useful to our guests while on the cruise.

Any other suggestions are completely welcomed. I would post pictures of these items rather than the links but it wont let me and I am to tired at this point to figure out why. Though any help to this forum newbie would be helpful.

Before I sign off to finish watching Brave (because I have no idea where the bear came from) I will tell you a little about Rolin and I. We met online 10 years ago in June, he lived in Minnesota I lived here in Virginia (though originally from Queens NY). A year or so later he moved out here to live with me and we have been together happy in our peaceful cohabitational bliss with no thoughts of marriage.

Then we went on a cruise on the Magic in January 2012 and saw a bride and her groom taking pics around the ship and thought AHA we have to do this. So there it is. I will write more but the moving emoticons are starting to freak me out a little since I am so sleepy right now.

If anyone has advice or suggestions for my Welcome Bags or questions about what I have already ordered. Please let me know.

G'Night
I think you can give lanyards to your group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter