Jen and David's PJ

JenGC

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! I am so happy that they have these here. I love being able to make notes on what I am doing and to document the twists and turns of the wedding. Yes, we have already changed the venue like 4 times and we have just started! :scared1:

I am Jen and my fiancé's name is David. We met online and even then we saw it was the hand of God bringing us together. I had been on dating sites and while I didnt have a bad experience, I just couldnt find anyone I just clicked with. I saw a post on facebook about a friend that had met someone on meet me. So I went there and signed up.

Not long after I get a note from David. I saw his profile and saw how much God had influenced him and my heart melted. We chatting for a few days and I really wanted to meet him. I had some friends come into town on a Friday night and asked if he wanted to meet up with us. He said "sure!" which kinda shocked me because thats a bit intimidating to meet no only someone new, but their friends as well. I found out later, he had taken a vacation day to come. He worked second shift and either I didnt know it, or didnt think about it when I asked him to come but I thought it was so sweet that he would take a vacation day just to see me. :love:

Well, I thought he was a doll and he just fit right in with our group. Just like he knew us all along. I went home totally impressed. He had exchanged numbers before so we were texting a bit and writing notes on meet me soon after so thankfully I didnt have to go through the "will he call??" phase.

After we had both gotten home, he lived in Bowling Green KY so that was over an hours drive for him, he asked me out for that Sunday. I had some plans with my daughter, an event at church, but told him we could meet up after that. We went out to dinner and I still wasnt sure how I felt about him yet, but knew there was something special about him.

He then asked me out for the following Saturday and we went downtown Nashville. That was the night that I fell in love with him. We were going to go to the Wildhorse and I was going to teach him how to 2-step. Well, it was closed for a private party :( So we went walking up Broadway and visited some places down there. I showed him Tootsies and took him all the way to the back and showed him where the back entrance to the Ryman was. That is where the people performing at the Opry would sneak out and go into the bars and hang out. While we were walking down the alley, he said "Is that Vince Gill????" I looked up and said "well it sure is!" We werent able to talk to him since he was talking to another couple and looked like he was late for performing, but David really enjoyed seeing him. Then we went to a piano bar and I just LOVE pianos so we stayed in there for a while and really had a great time. After that I knew I was wrapped around his little finger.

Well I guess the next thing I should document is the engagement. I would get little hints from him like he would ask "do you like white gold or yellow gold?" or some other clues that I cant remember right now lol I was kinda expecting it Christmas but nothing. I was fine. I wasn't sure how I would take an engagement anyway.

See, I have been married before. We dated for a year and was engaged for a year. I thought that was the magic number since it worked with my parents. lol While we were dating, we went to see the movie "Chances Are" and broke up with him afterwards. I told him "you're going to die. I cant marry you if youre going to die. I couldnt handle it!" He said "Im not going to die dear!" Well, we got married. Yup, he died in a car wreck before my daughter was born.

I have been engaged before and I was told later that just as soon as he asked the question, I started picking fights until we broke up. So I wasnt sure how I was going to take it. Well he popped the question on my birthday which is 2 days after Christmas. The best day to be asked in my opinion :D

I told him I would think about it because I didn't want to make a promise I couldn't keep. I said yes the very next day though lol The next week was his birthday week (January 2nd) and we spent the whole week together. It was so nice. He fixed my car and we didn't little things around the house. Then right after I broke up with him. I thought of some lame excuse that seemed like the core of a relationship that just wouldn't work. He finally nailed me down and got me face to face and it dawned on me. I was terrified to get married. In my mind, marriage equaled him dying and I couldn't go through that again.

He was so great. I said "Babe, Im not going to tell you that I wont die. No one knows whats going to happen. But I know we are suppose to be together". :love: Of course, that's all it took :teeth:

YAY!!! You're here!!! I of course love the story so far and can't wait to see pics of all the things you're planning etc.

Love ya girlie!

I'm sooo happy for you!!! MWAH!

Awe.....Thanks for sharing this!
No problem! You are so sweet to even READ it! :rotfl:

Congrulations on your engagment and welcome to the boards looking forward to your plans :cheer2:
Thank you! Its been over 12 years since my husband died. The fact that I am even thinking of getting married again is a miracle :D

YAY!!! You're here!!! I of course love the story so far and can't wait to see pics of all the things you're planning etc.

Love ya girlie!

I'm sooo happy for you!!! MWAH!

I love you too!! Thanks for letting me bend your ear on the MILLIONS of ideas and changes I have/am going to have with this wedding. MUAH!!!!

OK On to the fun things! The DETAILS!!!

We are going down Thursday Feb 19th and getting married on the 20th...at least I hope so. I want to get the Sea Breeze Point at Boardwalk. Ill settle for the gazebo at the Yacht Club but really want boardwalk.

I am torn between the 10 service and the 5:00 service. The 10:00 service I will have the rest of the day to hang with everyone. At 5:00 we will have the sunset. I think I will tell them that I want the 5:00, then the 10:00 then the noon, then the 2:30 all at Sea Breeze. I was told that I shouldnt have a problem getting what I want.

I found someone online that will let me rent points at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for my future parents-in-law (is that right?) and my Mom. He gave me floor plans for the 4 bedroom and oh my gosh it is amazing!! We are going to have his parents, his sister and son, my Mom and daughter, and sister share the place. Then it is $248 per room!!

We were going to go to a restaurant and let everyone order on their own, but now that we found Wyndham Bonnet Creek, we are going to have a reception after the cake cutting etc at the room! Im so excited. That means I can spend time with everyone and not just the people Im sitting near.

This is my plan. I have the limo for 4 hours. I am going to book a photographer for 2 hours before the service and use the limo for that. Then have him wait during the ceremony and the cake cutting. Then everyone that doesnt have a car, which will be Lori, Eoghan, David and I lol, will ride in the limo over there! PIECE OF CAKE! I dont see the ceremony lasting longer than 30 minutes then 45 minutes for cutting the cake, then 15 to take us over to wyndham! Yay!!

Also, I was able to secure a room at All Star Music! I know it isnt glamourous but since it is the princess half marathon :rolleyes: I am scared I wont get a room. I am wanting to book with DVC points but none of the places have any points at boardwalk. So if I dont get a place at the boardwalk, I will have a place. And I will go back when its not crazy and book the boardwalk if I dont get it this time. My WONDERFUL Travel Agent booked my room before it was even available to the public! How cool is that????

Any other details Im missing?

OK On to the fun things! The DETAILS!!!

We are going down Thursday Feb 19th and getting married on the 20th...at least I hope so. I want to get the Sea Breeze Point at Boardwalk. Ill settle for the gazebo at the Yacht Club but really want boardwalk.

I am torn between the 10 service and the 5:00 service. The 10:00 service I will have the rest of the day to hang with everyone. At 5:00 we will have the sunset. I think I will tell them that I want the 5:00, then the 10:00 then the noon, then the 2:30 all at Sea Breeze. I was told that I shouldnt have a problem getting what I want.

I found someone online that will let me rent points at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for my future parents-in-law (is that right?) and my Mom. He gave me floor plans for the 4 bedroom and oh my gosh it is amazing!! We are going to have his parents, his sister and son, my Mom and daughter, and sister share the place. Then it is $248 per room!!

We were going to go to a restaurant and let everyone order on their own, but now that we found Wyndham Bonnet Creek, we are going to have a reception after the cake cutting etc at the room! Im so excited. That means I can spend time with everyone and not just the people Im sitting near.

This is my plan. I have the limo for 4 hours. I am going to book a photographer for 2 hours before the service and use the limo for that. Then have him wait during the ceremony and the cake cutting. Then everyone that doesnt have a car, which will be Lori, Eoghan, David and I lol, will ride in the limo over there! PIECE OF CAKE! I dont see the ceremony lasting longer than 30 minutes then 45 minutes for cutting the cake, then 15 to take us over to wyndham! Yay!!

Also, I was able to secure a room at All Star Music! I know it isnt glamourous but since it is the princess half marathon :rolleyes: I am scared I wont get a room. I am wanting to book with DVC points but none of the places have any points at boardwalk. So if I dont get a place at the boardwalk, I will have a place. And I will go back when its not crazy and book the boardwalk if I dont get it this time. My WONDERFUL Travel Agent booked my room before it was even available to the public! How cool is that????

Any other details Im missing?

Your plans sound great so far!! I like the idea of the 10:00 service so you have the rest of the day to just have fun :upsidedow but the 5:00 is tempting with such a beautiful backdrop maybe you can do a noon and have fun and take pictures later too?? Im sure you will make it all work out and be beautiful!! good luck with all your choices sending you pixiedust:

Your plans sound great so far!! I like the idea of the 10:00 service so you have the rest of the day to just have fun :upsidedow but the 5:00 is tempting with such a beautiful backdrop maybe you can do a noon and have fun and take pictures later too?? Im sure you will make it all work out and be beautiful!! good luck with all your choices sending you pixiedust:

Doing pictures wont work after if we use the limo. I didnt want to leave my guests to take pictures. Noon will work because we can do pictures from 9:30 to 11:30 and then freshen up and do the wedding at noon. I dont care! I just wanna get married! Now doing pics at 7:30 doesnt appeal to me (to do the wedding at 10) maybe I need to rethink this :lmao:

Doing pictures wont work after if we use the limo. I didnt want to leave my guests to take pictures. Noon will work because we can do pictures from 9:30 to 11:30 and then freshen up and do the wedding at noon. I dont care! I just wanna get married! Now doing pics at 7:30 doesnt appeal to me (to do the wedding at 10) maybe I need to rethink this :lmao:

Im sure you will make it work :) its sucks that we can't just pick the time that we want that would be so much easier!

Well things are rocky again! :sad:

I just paid the invoice for the room and the guy selected Jan 19th and not Feb 19th. He said he cant book for another 3 weeks! Im worried that the 4 bedrooms will be gone since it is marathon weekend but Im not going to fret about it. If we get it, then it was meant to be. If not, I'll fall back and punt.

With the money we would have spent on the dinner and wishes desert party, I am able to afford a lot of food for the reception! Yay!!

Well thanks to Lori my BFF!!!!! I now have a Boardwalk Villa!!!!!!! With a Boardwalk view!! AND! Again, thanks to Lori, I found a photographer that is in my budget for 3 hours!!! Im so happy! Now to figure out the family's rooms.

The 4 bedroom in February will be $1644 instead of the $984 that we were quoted but I started to think, if David's parents and sister are going home Sunday morning and my sister is going back on sunday there's no reason to book 4 nights in the 4 bedroom so I asked the guy Im renting points from to cut Sunday night off and have Mom and V just stay with us at the Boardwalk. I have told the woman to put them on the reservation so there wont be any problems that one night.

I priced the food and going to sams and getting some things for a meal and deserts for the desert party is going to be like $85. Paying for 4 people to get into the Wishes Dessert party (David, Me, my daughter and his son) would have been $140 figuring on the prices of $35 which was the last time we went!

We have also decided to not do the parks. His parents couldnt afford it and we wouldnt have that many days to enjoy the parks. Also we are taking 1 1/2 weeks vacation for the wedding and cruise and I would like to activate my Annual Passes during a year that we both have 2 weeks. So we have decided that Thursday we go to Downtown Disney. LOVE that place and is the un-official 5th park at Disney World :thumbsup2 Friday will be reserved for wedding stuff, Saturday will be putt putt golf/Ft wilderness day and going to Chip and Dales Campfire singalong, watching the movie and watching the electric parade on the water (I dont know what the official name is :teeth:). Sunday we will spend the day at Wyndham resort and see what we can get into there.

AWESOMESAUCE!!! :bride:

Well thanks to Lori my BFF!!!!! I now have a Boardwalk Villa!!!!!!! With a Boardwalk view!! AND! Again, thanks to Lori, I found a photographer that is in my budget for 3 hours!!! Im so happy! Now to figure out the family's rooms.

The 4 bedroom in February will be $1644 instead of the $984 that we were quoted but I started to think, if David's parents and sister are going home Sunday morning and my sister is going back on sunday there's no reason to book 4 nights in the 4 bedroom so I asked the guy Im renting points from to cut Sunday night off and have Mom and V just stay with us at the Boardwalk. I have told the woman to put them on the reservation so there wont be any problems that one night.

I priced the food and going to sams and getting some things for a meal and deserts for the desert party is going to be like $85. Paying for 4 people to get into the Wishes Dessert party (David, Me, my daughter and his son) would have been $140 figuring on the prices of $35 which was the last time we went!

We have also decided to not do the parks. His parents couldnt afford it and we wouldnt have that many days to enjoy the parks. Also we are taking 1 1/2 weeks vacation for the wedding and cruise and I would like to activate my Annual Passes during a year that we both have 2 weeks. So we have decided that Thursday we go to Downtown Disney. LOVE that place and is the un-official 5th park at Disney World :thumbsup2 Friday will be reserved for wedding stuff, Saturday will be putt putt golf/Ft wilderness day and going to Chip and Dales Campfire singalong, watching the movie and watching the electric parade on the water (I dont know what the official name is :teeth:). Sunday we will spend the day at Wyndham resort and see what we can get into there.

AWESOMESAUCE!!! :bride:

Congratulations on the Boardwalk Villa that is really awesome! and yey on the food being the same as the dessert party I love a great deal! :rotfl: everything seems to be coming along great!

I just booked it today I was waiting for cruise dates to come out so its in May yey :cool1: and i will be starting my PJ soon :)

I did the same thing!! I actually booked my cruise when I thought I was getting married in Nashville. I just pray the wedding will be Friday so I can cruise my HONEYMOON on Monday! Lol

Congratulations on your date! I can't wait to read your pj :-)

Congratulations on the Boardwalk Villa that is really awesome! and yey on the food being the same as the dessert party I love a great deal! :rotfl: everything seems to be coming along great!

Thanks! I'm so stoked! I'm not sure I will be able to sleep tonight! Lol :teeth:

I did the same thing!! I actually booked my cruise when I thought I was getting married in Nashville. I just pray the wedding will be Friday so I can cruise my HONEYMOON on Monday! Lol

Congratulations on your date! I can't wait to read your pj :-)

Which cruise are you doing for your honeymoon?? and that would be really nice hopefully you get Friday fingers crossed and I just started my PJ today the link is in my signature :rotfl:

Which cruise are you doing for your honeymoon?? and that would be really nice hopefully you get Friday fingers crossed and I just started my PJ today the link is in my signature :rotfl:

We're doing the Feb 23rd cruise so Monday wouldnt work and Thursday would make us come down one more day. If I cant get Friday then I guess Ill just spend the extra $3,000 for a saturday or sunday wedding. Id hate that though. Especially since I have all the plans for the reception covered. But I called the Wedding hot line :lmao: and the woman that answered the phone said to call May 1st but she doesnt see why I wont get what I wanted. I dont know if she looked at the schedule to see if any Wishes weddings had booked it or she knew that time of year was slow. Anyway, Im comforting myself on that response anyway :teeth:

Let me go read your PJ!! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter