jasonandlisa's PJ -- 9/2/07 UK Pavilion/LS -- DPS pics added!!

Your pics are beautiful :goodvibes Your dress looks gorgeous and your flower girl is so cute! The UK pavilion is a lovely setting for a wedding, you all look so happy. And I've never seen wedding Donald before, he looks great in his tux! I bet the kids had a great time with him. The food at your reception is making me hungry, and your cake is beautiful, what flavours did you have?

Can't wait for your trip report! :yay:

Your pictures are amazing. I love the way your dress looked and your colors were perfect. I rememeber all your dress horrors and you really took care of everything. You hair was great also. The pictures of you in the UK in the gardens are beautiful. I have never seen such lovely pictures from this location. We are planning on a wedding in Epcot (Italy) but UK is now running a close second. If we do not have the ceremony there I definately want some pictures there. Who was your photographer. I really like your mom's dress also. I do not want to forget the guys so they looked great too with their blue ties.

The LS looked beautiful and you cake was great. I love the blue with all the theming from the LS.

Can't wait to read (and see) more.

Linda

Your pics are beautiful :goodvibes Your dress looks gorgeous and your flower girl is so cute! The UK pavilion is a lovely setting for a wedding, you all look so happy. And I've never seen wedding Donald before, he looks great in his tux! I bet the kids had a great time with him. The food at your reception is making me hungry, and your cake is beautiful, what flavours did you have?

Can't wait for your trip report! :yay:

Thank you so much!! I'm just getting started on my TR. Figured I'd write it in Word, so I don't have to worry about posting errors. ;) Yes, Donald was very cool. Our cake flavors were chocolate cake w/ raspberry mousse and yellow cake w/ raspberry mousse. And there was plenty of both!

Your pictures are amazing. I love the way your dress looked and your colors were perfect. I rememeber all your dress horrors and you really took care of everything. You hair was great also. The pictures of you in the UK in the gardens are beautiful. I have never seen such lovely pictures from this location. We are planning on a wedding in Epcot (Italy) but UK is now running a close second. If we do not have the ceremony there I definately want some pictures there. Who was your photographer. I really like your mom's dress also. I do not want to forget the guys so they looked great too with their blue ties.

The LS looked beautiful and you cake was great. I love the blue with all the theming from the LS.

Can't wait to read (and see) more.

Thank you, Linda!! The UK garden certainly exceeded my expectations. I was really happy that the flowers happened to be yellow, too. In other pics, they had been red. We used Disney for our photographers. The guys were actually on their own for dress--it was just lucky that a couple of my brothers happened to wear the light blue ties. And thank you for the compliment on mom's dress. It took her forever to find something, and she was worried about "wearing white." But the traditional mother-of-the-bride dresses just didn't suit her. What she wore was just so her style and so comfortable for her. It was actually a skirt and top! O.K., back to working on my TR, and back to goofing off from work... :rolleyes1

Lisa you looked amazing, you probably think that getting married at that time in the morning was great now, it may have seemed early at the time but it saved you the heat.
I love the pics with Donald they are so sweet. The silhouette pic is gorgeous too, I love pics like that. You look so happy in your pics, you look like you had a brilliant time. I was in the UK pavillion and I was thinking about what a nice area it was going to be for your wedding, I'm glad you thought it was a good choice.
Well Lisa, get back to your TR...

Lisa you looked amazing, you probably think that getting married at that time in the morning was great now, it may have seemed early at the time but it saved you the heat.
I love the pics with Donald they are so sweet. The silhouette pic is gorgeous too, I love pics like that. You look so happy in your pics, you look like you had a brilliant time. I was in the UK pavillion and I was thinking about what a nice area it was going to be for your wedding, I'm glad you thought it was a good choice.
Well Lisa, get back to your TR...

Thanks you!! Unfortunately, the morning didn't save us from the heat that day. (Plus, the delayed start didn't help...) I didn't find out the exact temp, but it had to be at least in the eighties, all sun, no clouds. It was hot!! I'm a little surprised that none of the pics have Jason wiping his head with a handkerchief. He had to do that every minute or so throughout the ceremony. But you're right, we couldn't have been happier!

Lisa, Your photographer did a fantastic job and the color on your flowers is amazing! I will have to finish looking at the photos when I get another free moment, but I just thought I would let you know that so far everything looks fantastic!

Absolutely beautiful! I love the location, and the reception looks like it was so much fun.

lisa! your pics are great!!!! did you like having the reception at the living seas??? i saw that you posted on another blog that you didn't like your tablescape, but i think it looked great! can't wait to read the tr!!!

Lisa, Your photographer did a fantastic job and the color on your flowers is amazing! I will have to finish looking at the photos when I get another free moment, but I just thought I would let you know that so far everything looks fantastic!

Thank you so much!! I was really happy with how all the ceremony photos turned out. Our photographers were super friendly and easy to work with, too. But I also have to give some credit to my hair-and-makeup stylist. She did an incredible job!!

Absolutely beautiful! I love the location, and the reception looks like it was so much fun.

Despite the heat, I was thrilled with the U.K. garden. It couldn't have been prettier. Walking into the area with my dad felt like something out of a movie. And yes, the reception was fun. Just over to quickly!

Your pictures look great! Everything was beautiful. I'm so looking forward to your TR :goodvibes

Thank you!! Still trying to organize pictures... Don't want to write a boring no-picutres TR :)

lisa! your pics are great!!!! did you like having the reception at the living seas??? i saw that you posted on another blog that you didn't like your tablescape, but i think it looked great! can't wait to read the tr!!!

Thank you! Yes, I'm glad we chose the living seas. It provided so much built-in entertainment and is such a pretty space. At most of the other locations, I might have felt like we had to have dancing, which Jason definitely didn't want. There was so much else to do at our reception, I don't think anybody missed the dancing. And thank you for the compliment on our tables. Mostly, they were just a shock to me--not at all what I expected. In all likelihood, the centerpieces our floral designer looked better than the ones I had asked for, but I'll never know... I just wish I had known/understood ahead of time that I would be getting something completely different from what I originally asked for. A similar thing happened with my bouquet. I asked for one thing. I got something with a very different look. It probably photographed better, especially from a distance, than the flowers I wanted would have. But it was still an unpleasant "surprise" when the flowers first arrived in my hotel room.

I've recently (after my wedding) read some things other brides have said about this same floral designer, that you really have to argue with her and insist upon what you want, usually over an extended period of time. She has her own way of doing things, and if you're a fairly easy-going bride like I was during the whole planning, she's likely to just design your flowers according to her own vision for the look of your wedding. Fortunately, she is very talented, so your guests are bound to think everything looks wonderful. She just might give you flowers that are completely not your style. In my case, a couple of my girlfriends actually commented on the flowers (and a few other things), saying they were surprised, that they weren't very "Lisa".

i'm glad to hear you say that about the lss...mark doesn't want dancing at all either, so i'm glad i picked that location!!!

Lisa, Your photos are absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup2 You were so beautiful and the ceremony location was gorgeous! Loved your reception as well. I look forward to reading your TR! :surfweb:

I'm sorry to hear about the flowers. Did you have DIsney floral do them? My SIL is way laid back, so she'd be a good candidate for this maybe? She has a bouquet picked out off the Wish book.

Your pictures are beautiful Lisa!
Thank you so much!! :)

i'm glad to hear you say that about the lss...mark doesn't want dancing at all either, so i'm glad i picked that location!!!

Good choice!! Another thing that worked really well as an "alternative to dancing" was the caricature artists. They were a big hit. Disney set them up right in the main area, where the DJ and dance floor would have been.

Lisa, Your photos are absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup2 You were so beautiful and the ceremony location was gorgeous! Loved your reception as well. I look forward to reading your TR! :surfweb:

Thank you! I give all credit for my appearance to my hair-and-makeup stylist, Naomi (About Face). She was amazing! By far my best vendor selection.

I'm sorry to hear about the flowers. Did you have DIsney floral do them? My SIL is way laid back, so she'd be a good candidate for this maybe? She has a bouquet picked out off the Wish book.

Yes, it was Disney floral. I had a picture from a magazine for my bouquet. They used the same type of flowers (delphinium) but the look was different. For the tables, I asked for the "Whimsical" design from the Wish book, but with blues instead of pinks/reds. I wanted Royal blue as the primary color, light/sky blue as the secondary. At my planning session, I said it would be o.k. if there was a little white, too. (Blue flowers are tough to come by.) So I knew there would be some white gerber daisies and white roses, but I thought they would be minimal, not the dominant flower. On my floral budget, it specifically said to "keep roses to a minimum", since I'm not a big rose person. The way I had the centerpieces pictured in my head, the "white parts" would be about as prominent as the "purple parts" in the original Whimsical design. Here's a picture:

whimsical1.gif

So in my mind, I'd have Royal blue instead of red, light blue instead of pink, and white instead of purple. But this is what my centerpieces looked like:
201981625505_0_ALB.jpg

While I'm on the subject, here's a picture of the bouquet I requested:
Lisa-flowers.jpg

And what mine looked like:
P1010124.jpg

Not a huge difference. It was just a little more purply and bunched together than I expected.

Cake I requested:
colorful_blue_flowers.jpg

My cake:
511981625505_0_ALB.jpg

Again, not a huge difference at all. My cake was just had slightly more muted colors. And the flowers didn't cover the layers of the edges as well.

So overall, my flowers were fine. I just didn't have a "WOW" moment when I saw any of them. And I guess I just had unrealistically high expectations, probably because I was spending nearly as much on decor as I was on food. I felt like I had "splurged" a bit on decor. If it had been a more modest portion of my budget, I probably wouldn't have been at all disappointed.

Hope that makes sense. I don't want to sound like a big complainer or that I'm anti-Disney floral or anything. Truly, I think the fault was mine. I didn't explain what I wanted well enough and didn't communicate well about what aspects of the flowers were important to me.

Wow Lisa, your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! You look so pretty in your dress!! princess: I'm sorry that the decor didn't meet your expectations. I do agree with you that the centerpieces you got were totally different than what was pictured, but I still thought everything looked so beautiful. I love the whimsical setting and really want to get that also. Thanks for sharing!!

Just found your planning journal and can't wait for the trip report!

I was disappointed (initially) in my bouquet as well. I had asked for dark purple hydrangeas to match the rest of my dark purple vision in my head. Granted, hydrangeas don't always come in dark purple (usually in violet). But it would've been nice if someone had mentioned the difficulty or shown me a color swatch or...*something*. When I got my bouquet handed to me literally seconds before I was walking down the aisle, I was disappointed in the color. Like you said, Lisa, it turned out ok in the end but a heads up would've been appreciated.

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Hi, I've just come across your PJ and have seen that the photos have expired! Do you have a trip report page or another page with your photos on? I'd love to see how your reception looked in the LSS.

Congratulations, I hope the last few months have been less stressful for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter