***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Park hours are being released one day at a time, either 71 or 72 days before the date.

They used to do longer periods of time but lately is day by day.

I am just waiting on Jan 24-29 to be available for dining and Savi's...
Already have park days figured out for now....
All depends on those extra hours.

January people!!!!
tell me about evening/ dusk dark experiences in the park that differs from a springtime/ summertime visit
I’ve never traveled in January and just now considering that midday may look different when the sun goes down at 4-5pm.
how does this affect your touring strategies?

January people!!!!
tell me about evening/ dusk dark experiences in the park that differs from a springtime/ summertime visit
I’ve never traveled in January and just now considering that midday may look different when the sun goes down at 4-5pm.
how does this affect your touring strategies?
Park hours may be shorter than you’ve experienced at other times of the year so it may change your touring style. We don’t take as many mid-day breaks in Jan.

We love the parks at night so appreciate the earlier sunsets. That being said, we wear layers of clothes. Evenings can be cool and damp.

Park hours may be shorter than you’ve experienced at other times of the year so it may change your touring style. We don’t take as many mid-day breaks in Jan.

We love the parks at night so appreciate the earlier sunsets. That being said, we wear layers of clothes. Evenings can be cool and damp.

yes that fact just occurred to me. Especially as I was planning on hopping 2pm seems late in the day!

DD and I just returned late Sept from our 6 day stay at CS. Whole family heading back on January 2 for 6 days at SS and I just reserved dining. I was pleasantly surprised on how easily I reserved everything we wanted, except Space 220 (no surprise there). When we went in September, we had a lot of trouble getting dining which surprised me since crowds were so low. I keep reading crowds are high the week of the marathon so I expected more difficulty. I'll take it!
Now if I could only get a room discount!

I started the 'set alarm every x minutes' this morning hoping something would drop. I miss the good old days of reliable rumours stating the new offers will drop on x date!!

DD and I just returned late Sept from our 6 day stay at CS. Whole family heading back on January 2 for 6 days at SS and I just reserved dining. I was pleasantly surprised on how easily I reserved everything we wanted, except Space 220 (no surprise there). When we went in September, we had a lot of trouble getting dining which surprised me since crowds were so low. I keep reading crowds are high the week of the marathon so I expected more difficulty. I'll take it!

that’s hopeful for me since I’m going later on the month after marathon andMLK day
We head there Jan 20th.

still hoping for some
iscojnts but losing faith that that will happen as each day passes!!

A room discount was offered to Canadians today for most dates Jan 2 - Apr 28, 2022.

Extremely limited availability! Most I can see is 6 resorts and all are either deluxe or moderate with the exception of suites at AoA.

No option for me to add offer to my existing package and rebooking would be more expensive plus I would lose Skyliner.

Hoping this means a general public discount will be offered in the US soon and, that opening that might open more availability to Canadians too.

I got a lot of errors trying to price things out online (was never able to get a final price on any option) so I called. Very helpful CM but unfortunately nothing available for our dates.

A room discount was offered to Canadians today for most dates Jan 2 - Apr 28, 2022.

Extremely limited availability! Most I can see is 6 resorts and all are either deluxe or moderate with the exception of suites at AoA.

No option for me to add offer to my existing package and rebooking would be more expensive plus I would lose Skyliner.

Hoping this means a general public discount will be offered in the US soon and, that opening that might open more availability to Canadians too.

I got a lot of errors trying to price things out online (was never able to get a final price on any option) so I called. Very helpful CM but unfortunately nothing available for our dates.

Can I ask, if a "room discount" is offered to general public, but I have a package booked, how does that work out? I really don't want to have to cancel my whole package then have a separate ticket issue.

Can I ask, if a "room discount" is offered to general public, but I have a package booked, how does that work out? I really don't want to have to cancel my whole package then have a separate ticket issue.
If there is availability then yes, normally you can add it to your existing booking. You can try to add it online yourself or, you may need to call. Also, in order for it to be applied, everything needs to line up exactly so it's not always as easy as it seems. In that past sometimes I have easily been able to apply a discount and other times it has meant a lot of time on the phone.

My existing reservation was giving the CM grief due to rebooking it a few times so if there had been something that worked for me I may have needed to book a brand new reservation anyway. I'm currently waiting for a callback from Disney IT to see if it can be resolved. Current wait time for Disney IT is 160 mins! Thankful for the callback option.

If there is availability then yes, normally you can add it to your existing booking. You can try to add it online yourself or, you may need to call. Also, in order for it to be applied, everything needs to line up exactly so it's not always as easy as it seems. In that past sometimes I have easily been able to apply a discount and other times it has meant a lot of time on the phone.

My existing reservation was giving the CM grief due to rebooking it a few times so if there had been something that worked for me I may have needed to book a brand new reservation anyway. I'm currently waiting for a callback from Disney IT to see if it can be resolved. Current wait time for Disney IT is 160 mins! Thankful for the callback option.
Ugh! That is a long wait. I have an agent so if it would work out she'd be able to take care of it for me. But that's only IF there's something that aligns with my dates and resort. Ah well. Time will tell I guess. I am going to give it until next Wednesday for a discount. If there's nothing, I'm paying my balance and calling it a day. I JUST got a Disney Visa so if I pay my balance I'll meet the three month threshold to get a statement credit. If nothing else shows up for a discount, it will get me a nice chunk of money back on my trip.

I am going to be there the same time as you (Jan 1-8) and I too, was pleasantly surprised at how easy dining ressies were able to get. In fact, I would say this was the easiest of all my trips to WDW so far. I did get Space 220, but only because I purposely put our second EPCOT day at the very end of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter