JANUARY 2012 Check In! Let's Start Planning!

I will be there from the 13th - 16th with 3 girlfriends! No hotel booked. Probably the DLH or the Tropicana. Having never been in January, I am a little worried about rain ( and the return schedule) but other than that, I am excited for a mini girls vacation.

Ah don't worry too much about rain - I've been inthe area quite a few times in January the last 12 years and it hasn't rained much.

Just an FYI...Disneyland is reporting the closing of the AP processing center. It will now house the bakery. They will be closing Blue Ribbon Bakery to make room for expansion of Carnation Cafe and Gibson Girl Ice Cream. As soon as firm dates are published I will add them to the refurb list. Looks like Carnation Cafe will be closed the first of the year until summer.

The expansion kicks off with the all-new Jolly Holiday Bakery Café. The bakery will be located on the current site of the Plaza Pavilion, which recently hosted the Annual Passport Processing Center. The new location will feature an expanded menu, as well as outdoor seating. When Jolly Holiday Bakery Café opens in January 2012, the Blue Ribbon Bakery will close to make way for the next step in the Main Street, U.S.A., project.

We’re also excited to announce that, for the first time in decades, Carnation Café will once again offer indoor seating to Disneyland park guests, increasing the total number of seats and giving guests more options for experiencing this iconic restaurant year-round. Carnation Café will close for this refurbishment at the beginning of 2012 and re-open in the summer.

Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and the Candy Palace display kitchen will also be gaining additional space. The newly reconfigured ice cream parlor will create more room for guests purchasing the extremely popular hand-dipped cones, and a larger Candy Palace kitchen will allow even more guests to view magical sweet treats as they are created. These locations will close in January 2012 and re-open in the spring.

We are planning a tentative trip from Dec 31 to Jan 6 th. I wonder how busy that week will be. The only way DH will agree is if it isn't crazy busy. We went last Christmas and I think he is scared for life. :rotfl2:

I know the 31st will be nuts, but I am hoping that after that it will calm down.

Hi Im Lori and my husband and I have decided to make a California trip for New Years and the Rose parade. So were heading to Cali from Dec 30th thru Jan 4th.

Al Lutz discussed a rumor about the winter refurbishment of both the Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland rides. I'll post these in the refurb list when confirmed. :thumbsup2

Wow, closing matterhorn AGAIN? Does anyone know what they are doing to my beloved mountain? I'm going to miss it later this week too. :sad2:

Looks like we'll be there too -- our 2nd trip during the holiday season!!

Jan 4, staying at Best Western Anaheim.

We are planning a tentative trip from Dec 31 to Jan 6 th. I wonder how busy that week will be. The only way DH will agree is if it isn't crazy busy. We went last Christmas and I think he is scared for life. :rotfl2:

I know the 31st will be nuts, but I am hoping that after that it will calm down.

I would like to know too! Still my plans are not defined, tough year, DH doesn't want to know anything about vacations,:confused3 but I'm crossing my fingers! :wizard:
Is the picture at the beggining of the thread for all days in January???

I know Christmas is on a Monday this year and many schools are not returning until the 9th.

Every week when DCA updates are published, I look at the construction wall photos and wonder what will be completed by the time we arrive.

My bf and I are planning on going Jan 16-21. We'll be staying at the DLH if the renovations are finished, but if not I don't know where we'll be staying. We really want to stay at the DLH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter