Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can anyone at Jambo recently let me know what the housekeeping schedule is currently? Was there at the end of last year and they told me they'd come in every 3 days for a light housekeeping, but they only came once in 9 days. TIA!

I hope someone can answer this question. Are partial savannah view rooms far from the lobby. My wife and I are elderly and would like to have both. Also, on my mde it only shows close to lobby option not partial savannah views. How do I request partial savannah view and when . Thx.

I hope someone can answer this question. Are partial savannah view rooms far from the lobby. My wife and I are elderly and would like to have both. Also, on my mde it only shows close to lobby option not partial savannah views. How do I request partial savannah view and when . Thx.

Many are a LONG walk from the lobby, I've stayed twice on the sunset savannah in a partial view, and it's a hike back. Pretty sure there are some that are closer, check out Touring Plans room finder, it will show you views from different rooms in your category.

I don't think you can request a view through MDE.

We had a partial view when we went, which as I remember was quite a long walk from the lobby. I don't think you can specifically request a partial savannah room when you check in with Disney, but we've used the touring plans website before hand. You can use the website to see which are classed as partial views and therefore get an idea of how far they are. Also, if you sign up (there is a cost involved, but we've found it worth it) you can use that to put in specific room requests. These aren't guaranteed, but we've had some good luck with this.

Good luck getting the room you want.

We had a partial view when we went, which as I remember was quite a long walk from the lobby. I don't think you can specifically request a partial savannah room when you check in with Disney, but we've used the touring plans website before hand. You can use the website to see which are classed as partial views and therefore get an idea of how far they are. Also, if you sign up (there is a cost involved, but we've found it worth it) you can use that to put in specific room requests. These aren't guaranteed, but we've had some good luck with this.

Good luck getting the room you want.
Just to further clarify:

Touring plans page for Animal Kingdom Lodge rooms:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge

You can look at that page for free.
You can pay to join Touring Plans, and have them put in a room request for you.

If you made your reservation by calling Disney or using the Disney website, you can put in a room request by calling 407-W-DISNEY. If you go on the website and a chat window pops up, you can try it, but I don't know if Chat is allowed to put in room requests.

If you will be in a DVC room booked on DVC points: you can't call 407-W-DISNEY to make a room request. The member who made the reservation has to make the request through DVC Member Services.

If you booked through a Travel Agent or Costco or Priceline:
you'll have to say so and maybe somebody can tell you how to make a room request.

There are some standard view rooms that are very close to the lobby that have a partial savannah view of the Sunset Savannah.
I agree that a request made after checking out Touring Plans is best. I have stayed in some that are right above the Check In Desk and overlook the savannah alcove that branches off from the lobby. The view is not bad at all considering it is a standard view.

There are some standard view rooms that are very close to the lobby that have a partial savannah view of the Sunset Savannah.
I agree that a request made after checking out Touring Plans is best. I have stayed in some that are right above the Check In Desk and overlook the savannah alcove that branches off from the lobby. The view is not bad at all considering it is a standard view.
Exactly. That is the area I recommend, too. The giraffes bed down there at night. I love watching them from the lobby alcove and have always thought that if I book a standard room again (we're into savanna views lately), that's the area I would request. Our previous standard views with partial savanna views have been way down the hall on the uzima and sunset trails. The views were great, but it's a bit of a walk. This little alcove area gives you some good animal views while also being close to the lobby.

ETA: I also very much recommend the room request service via Touring Plans. I know you can add requests for free by calling, but I've always used TP's service and have been very happy with the rooms we've received. We've always ended up with a room very close to our specific request, and this last trip we received the exact room # we asked for.

Yes - the rooms at the closest are standard views it appears (i.e. X108, X210 X meaning the floor number). If you do Touring Plans I'd probably request 3210, 3212 or 3214 if you want the lobby level or 4201-4209 if you want to be one floor above the lobby but not have to walk far from the elevator.

Those rooms are all facing the sunset savannah on the inner corner and are standard rooms. You may have to have two queen beds vs a king though.

Honestly, if you are concerned with being close to the lobby, I wouldn’t worry so much about a partial savanna view. There are some amazing lookouts quite close to the lobby with rocking chairs. Have a great vacation.

Has the Kidani pool area reopened yet? We stay there in a coupe weeks and my partner asked me if the pool has reopened. I told her yes. But now I am doubting myself. I think I read somewhere that it is open again, but maybe its a false memory. What's the latest???

Hello everyone :)
I am so excited to be staying at AKL for the first time ever. My elderly mum and I will be at ASMo for 5 days and then one day in a Jambo House standard view room (for my birthday). We don’t plan on visiting the parks on our AKL day(s). We will definitely try to hit both pools and do some animal watching. We also want to eat onsite. Lunch & dinner on check-in day and breakfast (maybe lunch too) on check-out day. What would you suggest as far as things to do? Is the campfire good for adults or mostly for the little ones? Are there animal feedings that we could watch?
Are the tours back?
What about the night viewing?
I saw someone posted something about wine tasting?
We will be there Tuesday/Wednesday so there’s no painting class.
Sorry for all the questions. I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. It’s not until the late summer, so please include anything that could potentially be back by then. Thanks.

We did the free Off the Path tour (I think that was what is called) at Kidani last week. It's pretty informal. You meet at the Kidani pool and then walk along the building out against the savanna with an animal expert. It was not a big commitment of time or effort, but was a lot of fun and we learned a pretty good deal about some of the animals on the Pembe savanna. I'd recommend it. I think they do 3x a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter