Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We did the free Off the Path tour (I think that was what is called) at Kidani last week. It's pretty informal. You meet at the Kidani pool and then walk along the building out against the savanna with an animal expert. It was not a big commitment of time or effort, but was a lot of fun and we learned a pretty good deal about some of the animals on the Pembe savanna. I'd recommend it. I think they do 3x a day.
This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Thank you.

Hello everyone :)
I am so excited to be staying at AKL for the first time ever. My elderly mum and I will be at ASMo for 5 days and then one day in a Jambo House standard view room (for my birthday). We don’t plan on visiting the parks on our AKL day(s). We will definitely try to hit both pools and do some animal watching. We also want to eat onsite. Lunch & dinner on check-in day and breakfast (maybe lunch too) on check-out day. What would you suggest as far as things to do? Is the campfire good for adults or mostly for the little ones? Are there animal feedings that we could watch?
Are the tours back?
What about the night viewing?
I saw someone posted something about wine tasting?
We will be there Tuesday/Wednesday so there’s no painting class.
Sorry for all the questions. I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. It’s not until the late summer, so please include anything that could potentially be back by then. Thanks.
....first of all, congrats on staying at AKL! There was s'mores-making over at Arusha Rock. It was temporarily postponed due to covid but I am not certain if it has started up again. Also, there is the flamingo feeding in the morning [on the far side of the Jambo House pool].

Honestly, the best advice that I can give you is to just enjoy the sights and sounds of AKL, since you will only be there for a day. As far as meals go, I'd eat a nice breakfast at the Mara and dinner at Boma. Have lunch (or perhaps breakfast) at Sanaa on check-out day.

Jiko would have been my top recommendation but you are there Tuesday/Wednesday which are the days that Jiko is closed. I’m thinking lunch at Sanaa and dinner at Boma. That leaves the Mara for breakfast, though you might want to repeat Boma for a much more interesting dining experience. I would also recommend Victoria Falls for a drink and a lighter bite.

We have the Poly booked for 10/27-11/4. We didn’t realize about Costco Travel and can get a Savannah room or a villa for 4K less than Poly.

Should we switch? Thoughts? We stayed at CBR last time.

We have the Poly booked for 10/27-11/4. We didn’t realize about Costco Travel and can get a Savannah room or a villa for 4K less than Poly.

Should we switch? Thoughts? We stayed at CBR last time.
Definitely worth considering! We love Savannah rooms.

I have a question about the pools. I read on Disney's website that while the Samawati Springs pool was closed for refurbishment, guests of Kidani Village could use the Uzima Springs pool. I also read on another thread here that the Samawati Springs pool refurbishment is apparently complete.

Assuming both pools are now open, my question is - can guests of Jambo and Kidani use both pools, or are guests of Jambo restricted to using the Uzima pool, and guests of Kidani restricted to using the Samawati pool?

Thanks!

I have a question about the pools. I read on Disney's website that while the Samawati Springs pool was closed for refurbishment, guests of Kidani Village could use the Uzima Springs pool. I also read on another thread here that the Samawati Springs pool refurbishment is apparently complete.

Assuming both pools are now open, my question is - can guests of Jambo and Kidani use both pools, or are guests of Jambo restricted to using the Uzima pool, and guests of Kidani restricted to using the Samawati pool?

Thanks!
Guests of either resort can use any of the pools. Their is a children's play area at Kidani and we used it when we stayed at Jambo. You can shuttle or walk between the resorts, so not as convenient as just using the pool at the resort you are staying at.

Thanks!

Guests of both can use both pools! There is a shuttle that will go between the resorts, you can hop on the bus if starting from Kidani (they stop at Kidani first to pick up but double check!) or walk.

I have a DVC stay coming up at Kidani, I’ll be staying at universal first and my boyfriend is joining me for the Kidani stay. He’s on the reservation but doesn’t have MDE (I’m the planner ;)). I know security has been tighter with covid but I assume if he just gives his name and reservation number, they’ll be able to find him? He’s arriving by Uber :)

I have a DVC stay coming up at Kidani, I’ll be staying at universal first and my boyfriend is joining me for the Kidani stay. He’s on the reservation but doesn’t have MDE (I’m the planner ;)). I know security has been tighter with covid but I assume if he just gives his name and reservation number, they’ll be able to find him? He’s arriving by Uber :)
If the reservation is under your name, it will be easier if he tells the guard your name and is prepared to show photo ID.

If the reservation is under your name, it will be easier if he tells the guard your name and is prepared to show photo ID.
Thank you, I am listed as the lead guest but his name is on the room reservation. I’ll let him know what you suggest if that’s easier. Never had someone arriving later so was unsure how it would work.

Thank you, I am listed as the lead guest but his name is on the room reservation. I’ll let him know what you suggest if that’s easier. Never had someone arriving later so was unsure how it would work.
we have had guests visit us and all they needed was the reservation number and lead guest name.

Where are the laundry facilities for Jambo House? Are they credit card operated like the other resorts? Thank you.
There is one in the Zebra wing on the first floor near the Simba Clubhouse. There is also at least 1-2 others in Jambo, but I can't tell you exactly where. And yes they are credit card operated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter