Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I'm not sure if this will be a help to anyone. Several years ago, I walked the 2nd floor of Jambo House and noted where the "People Pens" were located.

I just came across the paper now, and before I throw it in the trash I thought I'd post the information!

There are 6 People Pens:

1 on Ostrich Trail (to the left of room 5124)
1 at the end of Zebra Trail
1 at the end of Kudu Trail
1 by room 2314 (3314, 4314)
1 by room 2226 (3226, 4226)
1 behind the lobby (Sunset Lounge area)

Thanks! I actually requested 3316, which is right by the one you mentioned. We were in 4318 in 2016, and it was a great spot for a standard room.

Hello! We arrive at AKL next Sunday and I plan on ordering a few things from amazon now. I’m wondering if anyone knows if a gallon of milk and an orange juice will fit in the refrigerator in the room? My 3 year loves her milk and oj, so I wanted to order that to have for her in the morning. Thanks!!

Hi. We are at akl right now and already loving it! My dd9 is so happy to have bunk beds. We booked standard and asked for partial view close to the lobby. We are in the arousha Savannah 4th floor about 3 rooms away from the main lobby viewing area. Looks like our view is mostly of maintenance but we see a lot of hay so wondering if this is where they feed the animals since it’s the main view from the lobby? If so, when would we most see animals? It’s not letting me put a pick of our view up.
Thanks!!

We recently returned from our thanksgiving week trip. Stayed in room 4328 which was s standard room but had a great view of the animals. I used touring plans and requested 3326 area so we were just one floor up from the request. I can post pics if I can figure out how to do it. I tried on my phone but it says the file is too big for the server.

Hello! We arrive at AKL next Sunday and I plan on ordering a few things from amazon now. I’m wondering if anyone knows if a gallon of milk and an orange juice will fit in the refrigerator in the room? My 3 year loves her milk and oj, so I wanted to order that to have for her in the morning. Thanks!!
Yes. We are here now and ordered from prime now and a gallon plus 6 16oz bottled waters fit. We just ordered more to be delivered tonight and have a large pint of yogurt too. It will be fine

Just stayed at AKL and was not impressed with the resort at all.

PROS: Lobby, Bartender at Uzima Springs Pool (real sweet), Sanaa (Excellent A+++)

CONS: Cast Members at Front Desk, Small Rooms (smaller than moderates), Paid for Savannah Room and tried to give me a standard view.

Anyone tetering whether to give this resort a try as I had on my last two trips (MY OPINION ONLY) should look elsewhere.

Personally POFQ was nicer, and I found my new favorite deluxe in Boardwalk. While Animal Kingdom park is a MUST DO, and many dining options are a MUST DO at AKL. The resort on a whole was kinda "MEH".

PROS: Lobby, Bartender at Uzima Springs Pool (real sweet), Sanaa (Excellent A+++)

CONS: Cast Members at Front Desk, Small Rooms (smaller than moderates), Paid for Savannah Room and tried to give me a standard view.

Anyone tetering whether to give this resort a try as I had on my last two trips (MY OPINION ONLY) should look elsewhere.

Personally POFQ was nicer, and I found my new favorite deluxe in Boardwalk. While Animal Kingdom park is a MUST DO, and many dining options are a MUST DO at AKL. The resort on a whole was kinda "MEH".

At least now you know! Sorry it was such a letdown

I’m glad that there are resorts for everyone and that we all have our likes and dislikes. Looks like an extra room just opened up for me at AKL! It’s funny, we’ve never liked POFQ, but we ARE crazy about Boardwalk.

At least you gave it a shot and at least there are deluxe resorts you enjoy :) personally I'd stay at AKL every time (which is why I bought in for DVC at AKV).

We leave for our annual AKL trip in 30 days, I am so excited!!!!!!!!

While I love the Epcot resorts, and stay there often, if I could only pick one WDW resort to stay at it would 100% be Jambo House, no questions.

I think the moderates (mostly POR and CSR) are a great option when I need to save money/points,but, for me, they don't compare to the Deluxe resorts that I have stayed at. That's why there are so many different options at and around WDW to meet everyone's different tastes.

I’m glad that there are resorts for everyone and that we all have our likes and dislikes. Looks like an extra room just opened up for me at AKL! It’s funny, we’ve never liked POFQ, but we ARE crazy about Boardwalk.
I feel the same way. Beach club doesn’t even compare to animal kingdom and the detail that was put into this resort. The architecture and time put into this resort compared to the others we’ve stayed is in measurable. I was just asking my husband after visiting contemporary and then coming back here why akl is so much cheaper than other resorts and I felt it must boil down to convenience but Then I read the above post and have to remember everyone has a different taste.

Funny how a mistake can sour you to a resort - POFQ many years ago sent us to a room that hadn’t been cleaned, it was late, we’d had travel delays and nothing worse than schlepping our bags to the room and then schlepping them back because housekeeping hadn’t even made the beds - yuck. I have no desire to stay there again. My Poly stay my garden view overlooked a parking lot and we didn’t have a balcony and we had really poor service at the restaurant, I haven’t stayed there again. My BWV stay did not impress me, the villa inside was nice, the view of the canal/water nice but the villa was practically in the Swolphin and there’s only one bank of elevators and while waiting to board them one night a shouting match broke out between 2 strangers about who was going to board the elevator first, so I’m meh about the BW, far preferring the YC across the way for Epcot resorts.
AKL is not for everyone, I like WDW because you have so many choices.

It's true that the rooms at the AKL aren't as big as some other deluxes, but that's also why they're a lot cheaper. I look at the AKL and WL as in a category of their own. Amazing theming and great food, but missing the larger rooms. For my money, it's hard to do better than the AKL though.

First time posting here, but I’m in need of assistance. My brother and I are staying at AKL with our significant others from Jan 8-13(34 DAYS!!). It’s my boyfriend’s first trip to WDW and I’m so excited to share the magic with him. We have a late flight on our departure day so we have an extra day at MK. However, we have an ADR at Kona at 8:55am before we take the monorail to MK. I’ve never taken the monorail before, and I’m the one planning this trip, so about how long does it take to get from ALK to Poly, using the bus system and the monorail? Is the monorail far from MK? I’ve read this whole thread(home sick from work today), so thanks for all the advice and help!

First time posting here, but I’m in need of assistance. My brother and I are staying at AKL with our significant others from Jan 8-13(34 DAYS!!). It’s my boyfriend’s first trip to WDW and I’m so excited to share the magic with him. We have a late flight on our departure day so we have an extra day at MK. However, we have an ADR at Kona at 8:55am before we take the monorail to MK. I’ve never taken the monorail before, and I’m the one planning this trip, so about how long does it take to get from ALK to Poly, using the bus system and the monorail? Is the monorail far from MK? I’ve read this whole thread(home sick from work today), so thanks for all the advice and help!
Take the bus from AKL to MK and the monorail is right there and its a very nice monorail ride from MK to Poly. As to time anyone can correct me but I seem to remember reading that the resort circle is something like an 18 minute ride.

Although I probably wont return to AKL to stay I do have some photos I can share from my recent stay. This is room 4312 (Kudu Trail) overlooking Sunset Savannah with Kidani in back ground. Plus I added some photos from the lobby.
ICQPBQi.jpg

nMJps8X.jpg

Closeup
bx4MyY2.jpg

Finally some XMAS lobby photos.
NogCyyS.jpg

c4mr1vN.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter