Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Question about rooms with king beds at AKL....

I saw in a previous post someone mentioned that the king beds at AKL were only in the accessible rooms. Is that true? I was getting ready to call with my room request but now I am not so sure. My DH and I are going solo this trip and have booked a standard room, we would really like a king bed BUT I don't want to give up the bathtub. Soaking in a tub after walking all day is almost a must for me. So is it possible to have my cake and eat it too? or do I need to pick one or the other? Any information that you could provide would be greatly apprecitated! TIA!

The majority of the king rooms are accessible but not all. You'd be taking a risk of not having a tub. I suggest waiting until you arrive and ask if there's any king rooms with a tub.

When does AKL usually take the tree down after Christmas? We won't be there right at Christmas but shortly after and hoping to get a glimpse of it :)

Question about rooms with king beds at AKL....

I saw in a previous post someone mentioned that the king beds at AKL were only in the accessible rooms. Is that true? I was getting ready to call with my room request but now I am not so sure. My DH and I are going solo this trip and have booked a standard room, we would really like a king bed BUT I don't want to give up the bathtub. Soaking in a tub after walking all day is almost a must for me. So is it possible to have my cake and eat it too? or do I need to pick one or the other? Any information that you could provide would be greatly apprecitated! TIA!
....we had a king bed [we were in an accessible room] and the bathroom was not only quite large, but it had a tub also....

Just booked a Kidani Savannah View 1 BR Sept 9th-14th 2018 for my first DVC stay, so excited :) ... even though I just got back yesterday from a 9 day stay at AKV Jambo.

Just booked a Kidani Savannah View 1 BR Sept 9th-14th 2018 for my first DVC stay, so excited :) ... even though I just got back yesterday from a 9 day stay at AKV Jambo.

Enjoy!!! The Kidani 1 BR is so nice!!!

Do they overbook rooms like other hotels and you get "walked" to a different resort? We are arriving late to an AKL savanna view.

Forgot to mention that yes there are exits closer to Jambo than the lobby. The elevators go down to the parking garage below the building where you can join the walking path. I would request to be near Timon or Zazu elevator if you think you'd take advantage of that. There is also a shuttle that goes to Jambo from the Kidani lobby entrance if you don't mind waiting 5-10 minutes.

Okay now I am super jealous of your trip...

Thank you so much! The paths on the map are confusing to me and this helps alot! Much appreciated!!!! :-)

Does AKL have the large bottles of shampoo in the dispenser like I've read other resorts have done? Hope so to save space/weight.

Heading back to AKL in February for my 4th stay. However, I'm traveling with a friend who has not visited WDW before and has a few specific needs. We will be at AKL for 4 days pre-cruise but will not be going into any parks. She will want espresso in the AM. Is there a coffee bar where she can get some? Also, where does she go to smoke? Thanks in advance!

Does AKL have the large bottles of shampoo in the dispenser like I've read other resorts have done? Hope so to save space/weight.

Just got back. Stayed in a room on the 4th floor. There weren’t large bottles of shampoo dispensers. There were still the large-ish H2O bottles of shampoo, lotion, body wash, and conditioner.

Room service menu?
Anyone know or can take pic of wine list options? Want to see what's available for champagne/sparkling wine.

Just got back. Stayed in a room on the 4th floor. There weren’t large bottles of shampoo dispensers. There were still the large-ish H2O bottles of shampoo, lotion, body wash, and conditioner.
Good to hear, those dispensers can be biological nightmares if they are not taken care of properly.

Thanks for the answer.
Its too bad...they would produce less waste than mini bottles that need to be restocked and empties tossed in the garbage

We will arrive at AKL (first stay there!!!) in the late afternoon on 12/31. We are not looking for a big New Year's Eve night. In fact, we are actually looking to get to bed early so that we can be up and ready to head to MK bright and early while everyone else is sleeping in (it might actually be the quietest the parks will be for our whole trip!). Anyway, we currently have reservations at Homecomin' for dinner in DS, but I am wondering if the bus ride and crowds at DS are worth it. I am debating about just enjoying AKL, maybe stopping at Victoria Falls Lounge for some light bites, meeting some interesting CMs, enjoying the animals and savannas, etc. Those of you with AKL experience, what do you think? What do you advise?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter