Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

New to AKL. We booked at Standard View Deluxe Studio Villa at Kidani Village for January.
Can we get advice for a good room to request?
Preferably close to transportation. A quiet area would be a high preference of ours also, as we have no children. (not asking for much, right? LOL)
I see there are rooms closer to Jambo house. Is there a walkway that comes out of that part of Kidani to get to Jambo house faster than walking out of the lobby area?
Thanks in advance for your help.

OMG the weather is awful, we are leaving at 430 am and we have 1 nice day then its n the fifties waaaaaaaaa

what is a people pen
When they built AKL they didn't consider where people would exit should there be a fire, the fire officials were concerned about people exiting directly onto savannas w/ wild animals, so Disney added 'people pens' which are round circles of dirt w/ a fence surrounding them adjacent to the emergency exits onto Uzima and Sunset savannas. https://www.oyster.com/orlando/hote...-lodge/photos/balcony-standard-room--v659329/
Personally, if the building behind me is on fire, I'm jumping the fence and joining the animals - it's not like they have any carnivores on the savannas (well, there are the Maribou storks on Sunset savanna...) :)

New to AKL. We booked at Standard View Deluxe Studio Villa at Kidani Village for January.
Preferably close to transportation. A quiet area would be a high preference of ours also, as we have no children. (not asking for much, right? LOL)
I see there are rooms closer to Jambo house. Is there a walkway that comes out of that part of Kidani to get to Jambo house faster than walking out of the lobby area?

Based on what you said, your request should be for a room "close to transportation in a quiet area" :thumbsup2 it helps if you put your room request in plain English like that so the assigner knows what's important to you. For what it's worth, we found kidani very very quiet. The hallways are long due to the larger size of some villas, so there weren't as many families/housekeepers/etc in the halls.

For a nice treat you might ask for a room overlooking the back side of the pool facilities with a "partial savanna view". We had a nice 1 bdr in that location and enjoyed some animal viewing (albeit with a view in the other direction of the unsightly backs of some service buildings).

I hope you get the perfect room and have an amazing, relaxing stay!!

Forgot to mention that yes there are exits closer to Jambo than the lobby. The elevators go down to the parking garage below the building where you can join the walking path. I would request to be near Timon or Zazu elevator if you think you'd take advantage of that. There is also a shuttle that goes to Jambo from the Kidani lobby entrance if you don't mind waiting 5-10 minutes.

Okay now I am super jealous of your trip...

Hi all! We leave tomorrow and are SUPER excited! Can anyone please tell me what kind of hair dryer the lodge currently provides? Is it a full size or one of the wall units with the squared off end? I have a diffuser attachment that I use and am wondering if I could just use it with the room’s hairdryer and save one less thing to pack!

Thanks a bunch!

Hi all! We leave tomorrow and are SUPER excited! Can anyone please tell me what kind of hair dryer the lodge currently provides? Is it a full size or one of the wall units with the squared off end? I have a diffuser attachment that I use and am wondering if I could just use it with the room’s hairdryer and save one less thing to pack!

Thanks a bunch!

It's a full size hair dryer!

I'm not sure if this will be a help to anyone. Several years ago, I walked the 2nd floor of Jambo House and noted where the "People Pens" were located.

I just came across the paper now, and before I throw it in the trash I thought I'd post the information!

There are 6 People Pens:

1 on Ostrich Trail (to the left of room 5124)
1 at the end of Zebra Trail
1 at the end of Kudu Trail
1 by room 2314 (3314, 4314)
1 by room 2226 (3226, 4226)
1 behind the lobby (Sunset Lounge area)
...good info to have....thanks!

Personally, if the building behind me is on fire, I'm jumping the fence and joining the animals - it's not like they have any carnivores on the savannas (well, there are the Maribou storks on Sunset savanna...) :)
:lmao:

First time posting here, but I’m in need of assistance. My brother and I are staying at AKL with our significant others from Jan 8-13(34 DAYS!!). It’s my boyfriend’s first trip to WDW and I’m so excited to share the magic with him. We have a late flight on our departure day so we have an extra day at MK. However, we have an ADR at Kona at 8:55am before we take the monorail to MK. I’ve never taken the monorail before, and I’m the one planning this trip, so about how long does it take to get from ALK to Poly, using the bus system and the monorail? Is the monorail far from MK? I’ve read this whole thread(home sick from work today), so thanks for all the advice and help!

I would use the new Minnie Van service to go directly to the Poly. It is a $20.00 flat fee, but will take less time and get you there without all the transfers and waiting for the bus/monorail.

I would use the new Minnie Van service to go directly to the Poly. It is a $20.00 flat fee, but will take less time and get you there without all the transfers and waiting for the bus/monorail.
....we were at WDW the end of October [stayed at BWV] and the Minnie vans were only available out of BWV, BC, and YC...double-check to see if that has changed....

Yes the Minnie Van is now at all deluxe resorts including AKL. Also at SSR and OKW as well.
....wow....what a change from just over a month.....personally, we were going to use it - waited for almost 20 minutes [it never showed], and finally just boarded the bus to AKL for our ADR's for Jiko at Jambo...

Reaching out. I lost something while I was visiting the first floor lobby area of AKL. Does anyone know who I would reach out to at AKL to see if it’s been found. A number to call or text that is actually onsite, not a call center. Thank you in advance.

....wow....what a change from just over a month.....personally, we were going to use it - waited for almost 20 minutes [it never showed], and finally just boarded the bus to AKL for our ADR's for Jiko at Jambo...
Yeah, it's still not great at AKL. Saturday, Nov 25, around 11:30 I requested a Minnie Van 4 times over the course of 45 minutes. NEVER got one. Someone from Bell/Valet ?? got us an independent van. We were transferring to WL and had TONS of luggage so a regular Uber or Lyft would not have worked for us.

When we transferred from WL to YC the following Wednesday the Minnie Van option worked seamlessly, arriving within 5-10 minutes.

Question about rooms with king beds at AKL....

I saw in a previous post someone mentioned that the king beds at AKL were only in the accessible rooms. Is that true? I was getting ready to call with my room request but now I am not so sure. My DH and I are going solo this trip and have booked a standard room, we would really like a king bed BUT I don't want to give up the bathtub. Soaking in a tub after walking all day is almost a must for me. So is it possible to have my cake and eat it too? or do I need to pick one or the other? Any information that you could provide would be greatly apprecitated! TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!