It's The Port Orleans FAQ Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Just wanted to post because I pulled the trigger and booked POR for our first visit to WDW. I am so excited and love these boards for all of the great info. It made my choice easier.
My question is this: We booked a king room with a connecting room for the kids (we were told it was pretty much guaranteed because minors will be staying in the room) I am concerned about where we will be located. Does anyone know how many king rooms are at POR that have connecting rooms and where they are located in the resort?? My TA said she will keep checking in to make sure we get the connecting rooms, but I don't want to be too far away from the main building.
Thanks everyone!!!!

Anne
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

HI ALL!!!

We are currently planning a trip for Oct 04. Thanks to all of you I have some info on how to handle room requests and locations.

Can anyone tell me if the mansion or AB rooms have refrigerators? I'm one of those guys that like to shop at the local grocer and store soda in the rooms.

Thanks in Advance

:earsboy:
Norm

Just wanted to welcome you since I saw this is your first post. As to the fridge issue, I may be worng but I understood that any room can have a fridge if you opt to pay the fee they will bring one to your room.

I agree with Lou-Ann. You can rent one for $10 a day. It depends on what you are storing but we always buy one of those cheap ice chests and a box of ziploc bags. We use the free ice and change it when needed. Much cheaper and works very well.

hi, we have just booked to go to the port orleans riverside next year, we will be there from the 11 dec till 27 dec 04, do they have christmas decorations up, we have booked through virgin holidays so we have to take the rooms that they have, but we have paid extra for a water view, have we done the right thing!!, sorry but we have one more question, what time does the boat start and finish to downtown disney. thank you susie

Just to close a loop, and thanks to all who shared their input. We decided to rent a car instead of the shuttle, which allows us to stop & shop at a supermarket for milk, cereal, drinks, etc and a styrofoam cooler, will allow us to go to mass on Saturday at 6:00 pm and still perhaps make it to a park for a parade to light show, or perhaps to eat dinner "out of Disney World".
Also, it sounds like traveling to AK from our hotel, POR, is faster by car than by DTS, and if we wanted to visit Celebration it would be much easier.
Thanks again to all.

Bump...
haven't seen this thread in awhile.

Any other ideas on when French Quarter will be open? I just got back from CBR earlier this month and would like to do another Moderate next year...dunno which one yet. I was thinking POR but FQ and CS have great pics on the Disney website that make my decision hard. (I dunno why disneyworld.com doesn't have pictures of the Mansions!!!) CBR is great, but I won't stay there for awhile since I've been there 3 times.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Last week, French Quarter still looked like it was in the throes of renovation. I don't think it'll reopen anytime soon.

I asked this once before on the boards but the repsonse I got was simply "for PC reasons." Thanks for the answer, but... Does anyone else have a more depth insight:

Why was "Dixie Landings" changed to "Port Orleans Riverside" ??? (I think it's riverside...it's not french quarter, right?) Is it similar to Yacht & Beach club where they are almost connected? I miss the name, personally.:jester:

I stayed at POR September of 2002. I took some photos of the resort that might be helpful. There are pictures of parking lot buildings/views and mostly pics of mansion buildings (we stayed in a king room at Magnolia Terrace). There is also a pic that shows how close bldg. 14 and the food court are (or, at least that was my goal when I took it!)

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tonyandgiovanna/album?.dir=/Disney-+POR+Sept.+2002

I just returned from our trip, where we stayed at POR. After staying at CBR for our last 6 trips, I was wondering if I made the right choice . Well, I did!!! We stayed at Parterre Place, and loved it. Our room had a beautiful courtyard view with fountains. It was a very quiet, relaxing atmosphere. The foodcourt was great. We all enjoyed the taco salad!!! It was a nice walk over to the food court and the main pool. I would suggest to use the bus stop right at the food court. It is the first pick up and drop off stop. We never had a problem getting a seat!!

enjoy!!!

By looking at the resort map, it seems to me that AB #18 would be the closest smoking building to a laundry area.
Does that sound about right?

OMG! Nala where did you get the Survivor Adventurers Club picture?!! It's soooo coooool!

Sorry I'm a little peppy b/c of the new codes!

Sarah

Originally posted by purplebelle
I asked this once before on the boards but the repsonse I got was simply "for PC reasons." Thanks for the answer, but... Does anyone else have a more depth insight:

Why was "Dixie Landings" changed to "Port Orleans Riverside" ??? (I think it's riverside...it's not french quarter, right?) Is it similar to Yacht & Beach club where they are almost connected? I miss the name, personally.:jester:

I'm curious about this also. . . "Dixie Landings" seemed like like a perfectly suitable name for the resort. Why the change?? :confused:

:wave2:

When we asked a CM, we were told that it was done to be PC. Dixie Ladings was themed after "Song of the South" Briar Rabbit, Briar Fox, & Brair Bear were everwhere (Still my favorite refillable mug).

I miss Dixie Landings, but it's as if Disney is trying to remove any reminates of SotS, yet the song Zipity Do Da & Splash Mountain are alive and well, and you can buy Uncle Remis' Stories in the shop by Splash Mountain.

word came today about the reopening of POFQ. You can make reservations for stays starting March 21.

I'll put some FQ pics up if I get the chance.

TDC Nala
I would love to see your pictures of POFQ. I plan on staying there next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter