It's The Port Orleans FAQ Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Thread - great job !

We are staying in POR in August, I think we would prefer the Mansions - which one would you suggest ?

We would prefer non-smoking, that is 'set-back' a bit ?
Anyone get preferences ?

Thanks.
:bounce: :) :wave:

We will be POR 7/30-8/6 with DH, DS 14 and DS 12. I requested a Mansion bldg (non-smoking) Which bldg should I fax request for? Also, will my teen boys like this resort? We tried CBR but it was full--we are from Missouri, so the river/country feel won't be such a huge departure from here.

Originally posted by HYM8TNNCE
We will be POR 7/30-8/6 with DH, DS 14 and DS 12. I requested a Mansion bldg (non-smoking) Which bldg should I fax request for? Also, will my teen boys like this resort? We tried CBR but it was full--we are from Missouri, so the river/country feel won't be such a huge departure from here.

i liked parterre place it was the furthest mansion out (still not too long of a walk to the lobby), and your teens will love the arcade and driving the mouse boats.

I read that Bldg. 27 was smoking. Do they also have non-smoking rooms in that building? I had requested Bldg. 27 but don't want a smoking room. Is Bldg. 14 closer to the main pool?

I would appreciate some feed back regarding Port Orleans Riverside and the month of May. Have reservations for May of "04, however, after reading reports, I am really concerned about staying here. I have heard that part of the food court is closed, plus with the renovation??....I just dont want to be disappointed. I have stayed here twice before and just love it. Our dates in May of next year begin on the 13th. Should I swith to another resort?
If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it...
Thanks for any and all feedback.

Denise :confused:

I am sure that by May 2004 the refurbishment should be about done. I read recently that they reopened that part of the food court at POR.

If it isn't up to Disney standards by then I am sure Disney will take care of you.

Important:WDW Resort FAQ and Information Threads

You can always find the Port Orleans thread by looking at the top of the resort thread. In that folder is the URL for the PO thread.

Originally posted by THE DENTIST
Dear Ladies and Gents,

My wife and I are to visit WDW for the first ever time and have booked at POR. Having now read your comments I would appreciate your thoughts on whether to ask for a particular building or just go with the flow. It is our Honeymoon and I do wish to make it as nice as poss. We have no kids and don't smoke. We are keen on water views and have paid the extra for these but is it possible to contact anyone at Disney to find out our allocated room for January or is it too early?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks from England

Kuli:Pinkbounc :bounce:

To the polite DENTIST,

There is a certain building in Alligator Bayou on the second floor where you get a good view of the river from your room. Unfortunately, I don't remember which building that is, and I didn't know enough at the time I went to ask for a RIVER VIEW, not just a water view, when I checked in. It may be too early, but do your homework (maybe someone here has some info.) so you get a good river view, and not just a view of the pool with people walking back and forth in front of your window*. As mentioned by a prior poster you will not have a bad room, but by paying for a water view you need to get a guide book or make sure to ask specifically for a RIVER VIEW. It will make a big difference, in my opinion.

Thanks from a former English colony.

Bill

* All the rooms have walkways in front; maybe the front desk at check in will have your perfect room. I hope so.

We stayed at CSR the weekend on 7/5-6 & have a res for POR for 7/25-7/27. I stopped by POR for lunch and to look around to help me decide on either MB or AB. In regards to the previous concern all of the food court at Riverside was open.

Smoking buildings

This information comes from the map in my Passporter. However, my Passporter is so old that it's still called Dixie Landings, so things may have changed.

Anybody with a new Passporter, are they still showing smoking buildings at Riverside?

My 2003 Passporter shows the following smoking buildings at POR:

Oak Manor (Mansion)
AB 38
AB 18

Our fam of 5 will be staying at POR in early January. Could someone fill me in on the main pool at POR? Does any part of it have zero-depth-entry? Is there a wading pool or hot tub nearby? Thanks! :D

We are leaving in 2 weeks and I need to get my requests ready for faxing. We were thinking of requesting AB 14 for closeness to the pool and food court. Looking at pictures of AB though, the rooms look almost too rustic yet the Mansions look somewhat stuffy. I also thought that AB may be shadier in the summer so that might be a better request for July. The Mansions section looks so beautiful though. For those who have tried both, which section do you prefer or would you recommend? Thanks!

We have stayed in AB 14. I didn't find it too shady. Great location!!! We loved the theming of AB.

We have stayed in both, but always request AB. It just feels cozier if that's a word. It is fun walking through the paths. We prefer AB all the way.

We will be there August 16 Yeah.

Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter