It's The Port Orleans FAQ Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who ask about exact room locations, I've just updated my Port Orleans website to include the layout plans of all the POR mansion buildings, including every room number - they're at www.portorleans.org?sub_riv_magnolia.htm (click on any of the plans for higher resolution copies).

If anyone has the same info for the AB section, or for French Quarter, I'd appreciate it if you could get in touch. The same goes for any early copies of the "Sassagoula Times" newspaper handouts from the original Port Orleans resort (i.e. now POFQ).

Oh, and I've also just finished uploading the original faux "history" of the resort. When the twin resorts of Port Orleans and Dixie Landings were first designed, Disney imagineers crafted an elaborate and highly entertaining backstory for the Dixie Landings location. Every building and every feature had a story linked by the fictional Jonathon “Colonel J.C.” Colby and his family and friends who lived and worked along the Sassagoula River in the mid 1800s. So for the 'real' story behind Dixie Landings, see: www.portorleans.org/?sassagoulatimes.htm++backintime

I hope someone finds these things useful and/or interesting - if so, maybe you could post a message in the site's Guestbook?

Andre

Terrific!! Thanks Andre!

Sadly no, you need to return it to the marina you hired it from. It'd be nice to be able to do that though.

Andre

It would be nice, but I suspect Disney might end up having a problem with way too many boats at DTD and not enough back at Riverside. They'd have to pay someone to bring them all back.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I like how it says you are a "Rescue Ranger" I loved that cartoon growing up....still do actually. I get very excited when I see that it is on Toon Disney. =)

Do any of you know where the boat drops off in DTD? We are trying to plan a "quick" night to DTD and we were wondering where to plan to eat depending on where the boat drops off. We are first time visitors, when I look at the map for DTD- it looks huge! Is it walkable?

It is the East side right near Captain Jacks and Rainforest Cafe! And that is where you also catch the boat to return to POR! The clubs are all on the West Side . All the shops and most of the food are on the East Side!

DF and I will be staying at POR in June 09. Is it worth telling the CM and the Front Desk people that we will be celebrating our Honeymoon?

DF and I will be staying at POR in June 09. Is it worth telling the CM and the Front Desk people that we will be celebrating our Honeymoon?

Tell everyone who will listen that you are on your honeymoon! Get it noted on your original booking, and remind the front desk staff too. You can get bride & groom mouse ears and a special badge if you like.

Andre

I'm subscribing to this thread but was also looking for a little direction. We have never been to WDW and are going with our kids for the first time in december. with the new codes out today I can save almost 400 by staying at POR instead of CSR, which is where i'm booked now. I'm wondering what experience any of you have had with the bus service and/or distance from the bus stops.

thanks,
debbie

As per recent discussions in the current Port Orleans FAQ threads, I've been working on updating the general information that they contain to make two new FAQs.

I've just finished the POR one and it is now available at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

Please could you post any initial comments, corrections, etc. in the separate thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920519 so as to leave the new FAQ thread itself for... well, FAQs! :)

Please let me know what you think, and do let me know any obvious errors or omissions so I can correct them!

Thanks,

Andre

Can someone confirm for me which section the trundle beds are in? :confused3 I just got off the phone with CRO and the CM I had stated that all the trundle beds are in Magnolia bend. From the info I have read on the dis they are in Aligator Bayou? So I am hoping someone can clear this up for me. Thanks:thumbsup2

Can someone confirm for me which section the trundle beds are in? :confused3 I just got off the phone with CRO and the CM I had stated that all the trundle beds are in Magnolia bend. From the info I have read on the dis they are in Aligator Bayou? So I am hoping someone can clear this up for me. Thanks:thumbsup2

The trundle beds are only in Alligator Bayou, you are indeed correct and the CM was wrong in this case.

Andre

As per recent discussions in the current Port Orleans FAQ threads, I've been working on updating the general information that they contain to make two new FAQs.

I've just finished the POR one and it is now available at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

Please could you post any initial comments, corrections, etc. in the separate thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920519 so as to leave the new FAQ thread itself for... well, FAQs! :)

Please let me know what you think, and do let me know any obvious errors or omissions so I can correct them!

Thanks,

Andre

Very nice, you do a great job of keeping us informed! Thankyou!

I have an odd question... what beverages are available with the refillable mugs? Specifically wondering about milk and OJ or apple juice. We aren't really soda people, would the mug be worth it?
Thanks!

Very nice, you do a great job of keeping us informed! Thankyou!

I have an odd question... what beverages are available with the refillable mugs? Specifically wondering about milk and OJ or apple juice. We aren't really soda people, would the mug be worth it?
Thanks!

You're welcome, glad I can help.

Sadly the still soft drinks options aren't too varied - water, lemonade and Hi-C fruit punch is about your lot. The full list of options is on my website on the refillable mugs page.

Some Moderates have started doing apple juice, which would be great - but not at POR or POFQ yet. There's no milk or orange juice at any of the refillable mug stations.

Andre

Andre, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found the updates on the bottom! Time for me to refill my coffee cup...:surfweb:

Keep up the good worwk Andre! :thumbsup2

Only 3 more weeks! :dance3:

Hope you all have a wonderful trip! If you have pics or a TR, let us know!
We are really excited about POR, even with the new coupon code,changing resorts was not even a choice for us! The pictures we have seen has gotten us so excited, we wouldn't switch. Well maybe we would for a night in the castle....:rotfl:

Enjoy :)

Hope you all have a wonderful trip! If you have pics or a TR, let us know!
We are really excited about POR, even with the new coupon code,changing resorts was not even a choice for us! The pictures we have seen has gotten us so excited, we wouldn't switch. Well maybe we would for a night in the castle....:rotfl:

Enjoy :)

Thank you! I will definately take lots of pics.
Andre and lazydoxy are going soon too, so there should be lots of pics being posted. :thumbsup2

Do any of you know where the boat drops off in DTD? We are trying to plan a "quick" night to DTD and we were wondering where to plan to eat depending on where the boat drops off. We are first time visitors, when I look at the map for DTD- it looks huge! Is it walkable?

i love the boat ride to dtd, especially at night! some of our favorite quick eats are wolfgang puck's express and earl of sandwich. both of these are really good! on our 1st night we are heading to wolfgang's for dinner. last time, we grabbed a table outside and i had like a chicken pasta dish and my dd and dh had a really good pizza. earl of sandwich have awesome sandwiches at a low price!!
have fun!
mousiemom

Just subscribing... We haven't stayed at POR since 2000 but we just booked again for next year. This time we will be on the AB side. I prefer the mansions but we have 3 kids so... Can anyone tell me how much the refillable mugs are costing in 08?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter