It's The Port Orleans FAQ Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not sure about window decorating - I've had my LGMH's for two months now and still haven't done bugger all with them. :rolleyes1

As for the room pros and cons, we stayed at the Alligator Bayou section, and liked the rustic furniture and especially the fact that they had a trundle bed so my two boys didn't have to share. The colors are a little off-putting in the photos, but in reality its really nice and not too over-the-top. I liked the privacy curtain so I could get dressed in private, and the beds were comfy for me.

And Andre, sorry, I should have mentioned that you were a DISer of the male persuasion! ;) But nevertheless you're a great :cheer2: leader!

Thank you for reply, Teddygurl28!

OK - here is another newbie question, if you don't mind.

Do you use just regular scotch tape to tape the lime green mickeys and other items to the window? or do you need to use some kind of special tape of adhesive? I can hear my mother's voice yelling at me as a kid to not stick anything to my bedroom windows because she wouldn't be able to get it off.

And to other posters from Michigan, YEAH, for the Mitten State!

I am going to just use scotch tape, but little pieces, so it will likely come off with the mickey heads when I take them down.

And woo! Michigan!! It's nice to be able to explain where you live by using your hand as a map.:)

OK I just read the posted review for the restuarant at POR- Boatwrights

wow- it was not a good review and kinda freaks me out.
We stayed at CBR last time but didn't eat at the sit down place there, and we don't necessarily have to eat at the resort BUT I want to believe its a good option incase we feel like it

can anyone offer up their experiences with Boatwrights??

:sad1:

If you need to see and read more about POR here is the link to a photo thread.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1730158

I've never stayed at POR either. It just looks like a beautiful resort. Let's face it, I'll actually be at the parks more than the resort. Bottom line - I want it to have a bed and a shower and be clean.
I haven't been to WDW in 19 years. I'm excited about just being able to go. Some of us just can't get there that often due to money, jobs, illness, not living close enough, etc. I think some people forget how lucky they are to be able to enjoy one of the most magical places in the world. I don't think anyone gets forced to go to WDW, do they? :hippie:

I don't know about October weather, but the weather in April was warm enough for a fellow Michigander to swim in! POR is more picturesque than the best state park around. The landscaping is lush and green and it is a real treat to take a walk around the grounds at night to see all of the beautiful fountains in the Mansions section. The food options are great, and with the boat to DTD you have all of the shopping and other restaurants to choose from. I hope you enjoy your trip!

We are in the U.P. of Michigan, and we find the third and fourth weeks of Oct. usually warm and the humidity usually, but not always falls off some by the third week.

For those who ask about exact room locations, I've just updated my Port Orleans website to include the layout plans of all the POR mansion buildings, including every room number - they're at www.portorleans.org?sub_riv_magnolia.htm (click on any of the plans for higher resolution copies).

If anyone has the same info for the AB section, or for French Quarter, I'd appreciate it if you could get in touch. The same goes for any early copies of the "Sassagoula Times" newspaper handouts from the original Port Orleans resort (i.e. now POFQ).

Oh, and I've also just finished uploading the original faux "history" of the resort. When the twin resorts of Port Orleans and Dixie Landings were first designed, Disney imagineers crafted an elaborate and highly entertaining backstory for the Dixie Landings location. Every building and every feature had a story linked by the fictional Jonathon “Colonel J.C.” Colby and his family and friends who lived and worked along the Sassagoula River in the mid 1800s. So for the 'real' story behind Dixie Landings, see: www.portorleans.org/?sassagoulatimes.htm++backintime

I hope someone finds these things useful and/or interesting - if so, maybe you could post a message in the site's Guestbook?

Andre

I :lovestruc your site!! i commented on the board there :)

I can't believe my trip is so close now!

We'll be there the 29th.
We tried some of the other resorts, but POR is just too homey to go anywhere else.

I'm right behind behind both of you.... I'll be coming on the 5th! :yay:

I hope you both have wonderful vacations. :goodvibes

We'll be there the same time (6th-14th) and will have purple lights and Disney Halloween clings on our window (going to MNSSHP on the 9th). We requested first floor in building 14 in the Bayous due to my mom's ECV, but will see what we get.:cool1:

I'll keep an eye out for your room. I didn't request any particular building but I did pay for a waterview and we need a trundle bed. I'm hoping we get a riverview. :cheer2:

I will have my window decorated with LGMHs and and other things and I made a Dis window cling with my user name. :cool1:

Me too - I'll be there on Tuesday afternoon, yay!!! We're there until 2nd Sept, so give us a wave if you see us. :)

Andre

Just look for the two Canadian's who look like they are dying in the heat and humidity! :rotfl:

I hope you get the room you are wishing for! We are wishing for an AB room! :wizard: Who knows some magical pixie dust may be tossed our way and we'll get a king bed too!!

We stayed at CBR last time but didn't eat at the sit down place there, and we don't necessarily have to eat at the resort BUT I want to believe its a good option incase we feel like it

We have eaten at Boatwrights a couple of times once for breakfast=excellent and once for dinner=DW-very good & mine-okay. We love the new food court with the pasta and salad stations they are great, I think they have the best food court. Being a transplanted Michigander(Detroit), you will enjoy the October weather and may even think it's to hot, most likely in the mid 80's. POR is a great resort and remember that you can hop over to POFQ and use their pool, buses and food court... We will be heading back to POR the first week of December, which brings up a ?? POR EXPERTS, Since this will be our first December stay, how does POR decorate for xmas?

We at at Boatwrights for dinner this past December and we really liked it. DW and I each had the prime rib and it was REAL GOOD! I think my sister had some vegi thing that she wasn't too impressed with, but the other 2 adult meals in our party were also real good (I don't recall exactly what they were though).

The kids really liked the pizza. My oldest DS is VERY picky when it comes to food, but he liked the pizza (not normally a pizza eater). He also got a giant cookie for desert so that really made his night! :thumbsup2

Do any of you know where the boat drops off in DTD? We are trying to plan a "quick" night to DTD and we were wondering where to plan to eat depending on where the boat drops off. We are first time visitors, when I look at the map for DTD- it looks huge! Is it walkable?

Do any of you know where the boat drops off in DTD? We are trying to plan a "quick" night to DTD and we were wondering where to plan to eat depending on where the boat drops off. We are first time visitors, when I look at the map for DTD- it looks huge! Is it walkable?

The boat drops you off next to Rainforest Cafe.

DTD is indeed pretty big, it can take 25 minutes just to walk from one side of it to the other. However you can get a local water taxi ride back from the far side to the Rainforest Cafe dock ready for your return ride.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter