It's the final countdown.... Or final poll rather. POLL IS CLOSED!

Pick which dates you want for the 4th annual Girls-only trip?

• March 31 - April 4

• April 14 - 18

• No preference, just tell me when to go and I'm there!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let's just stick with the winning dates for next year, we've already run two polls. Let's just leave it at that and then we can plan for a set date starting in 2012 if we must.

I find myself agreeing with Cristabel a lot these days, but I would definitely say ditto!

I would say to just bite the bullet and start a fixed week starting in 2011 so we can put it to bed once and for all, but I'm easy (like January) and I'll go with whatever the majority wants to do. :thumbsup2

I wish that I could say that I'm easy and could go anytime, but for some of us that's just not realistic. I get a ton of vacation days each year compared to people who work in the corporate world, but the catch is that I have to plan them around all of the events that make up a college academic year--and that schedule changes every single year. Our spring semester has started anywhere from Jan. 8-21st and then Spring Break, Easter and other events on campus dictate what my calendar looks like from year to year.

I am just really frustrated that we have spent so much time and energy working to find a date that accommodates the most people next year and now that we are less than 24 hours away from the second vote ending, people are trying to negate the results and start over. We just need to commit and stick with it at least for next year. If the end of March dates win for a second time in a week's time, can't we just say that the Divas have spoken and go with it?

I am just really frustrated that we have spent so much time and energy working to find a date that accommodates the most people next year and now that we are less than 24 hours away from the second vote ending, people are trying to negate the results and start over. We just need to commit and stick with it at least for next year. If the end of March dates win for a second time in a week's time, can't we just say that the Divas have spoken and go with it?

No one is trying to negate anything - Capri was just thinking out loud. No one was suggesting a revote.

I would say to just bite the bullet and start a fixed week starting in 2011 so we can put it to bed once and for all, but I'm easy (like January) and I'll go with whatever the majority wants to do. :thumbsup2

No, they're suggesting a set date and to instill as of 2011. That means no one gets a vote.

I'm not seeing anyone suggest that no one gets a vote :confused3

Great idea, Capri! This years dates seemed to work out well.

Not exactly.

And that's why she always has an exit strategy! :thumbsup2

Honestly, I just don't want to do the same weekend we did this year. Okra can't go, and I can't go to Disneyland on Marty's birthday two years in a row.
I also had the concern about blackout dates, but I really don't think that was addressed enough when we we picking dates. :confused3
Just my 2 cents.

Im in a similar boat with Tina here. James father (who I have known for over 20 years), his birthday is 2/29. Becaue he gets jacked on a birthday, they usually take a trip and take us with them to celebrate. I skipped out this year, and dont' think I could keep doing that.

:confused3

Well I was going to try to stay out of the debate but I just wanted to throw out a suggestion - would there be any benefit to alternating weekends? First weekend of March one year then the last weekend of February the next, then back to March, etc.? That would always avoid the spring break/blockout date issue. Would that make it possible for everyone to have a chance to go at least every other year, and people who don't normally get an AP or make many trips to Disneyland could get an AP every other year and use it twice? Or just pick two different weekends farther apart and alternate between them? But for this year maybe we should stick with the dates we are already voting on. Just some suggestions......I am still new and haven't been as involved as most of you.

I think for 2011 everyone is right that enough energy, drama and time has been put into picking the dates. We've had two votes and whichever wins should be our dates. We can't make everyone happy, we all know this.

And although a set date each year is a good idea (at least according to a half dozen or so of us that posted), if the majority thinks this is the way to go in the future, it would be imposed in 2012. And that's even a big "IF" at this point because as I said, only a few of us have validated the idea as a good one.

Just my opinion since we all seem to be thinking out loud.:goodvibes

I think for 2011 everyone is right that enough energy, drama and time has been put into picking the dates. We've had two votes and whichever wins should be our dates. We can't make everyone happy, we all know this.

And although a set date each year is a good idea (at least according to a half dozen or so of us that posted), if the majority thinks this is the way to go in the future, it would be imposed in 2012. And that's even a big "IF" at this point because as I said, only a few of us have validated the idea as a good one.

:thumbsup2

Linda is a smart lady.

Very well said Linda! :thumbsup2 I agree!

Let's just stick with the winning dates for next year, we've already run two polls. Let's just leave it at that and then we can plan for a set date starting in 2012 if we must.

I agree with this.

I wish that I could say that I'm easy and could go anytime, but for some of us that's just not realistic. I get a ton of vacation days each year compared to people who work in the corporate world, but the catch is that I have to plan them around all of the events that make up a college academic year--and that schedule changes every single year. Our spring semester has started anywhere from Jan. 8-21st and then Spring Break, Easter and other events on campus dictate what my calendar looks like from year to year.

Exactly, why have a vote, then a revote and then now skip the vote and go with the set date? But then again the first thread said that unless there was tie there would not be a revote. I must have missed the tie somewhere with the top 2 dates and the no preference date.

Linda is a smart lady.

Yes, Linda is a very smart lady.

I absolutely don't want to negate the results of the vote for next year. Seriously, as I said, I'm going with the flow. :hippie:

Don't everyone get their panties in a bunch. This is just a discussion. Yes, I'm thinking out loud, throwing ideas on the table. That's all....for reals. :goodvibes

I also have to agree with Linda. At this point, it would not be a good idea to just throw out the votes for the dates for 2011. Besides, most of the ladies who voted don't even know this discussion is taking place, and it wouldn't be fair to them to say, "Oh hey, guess what.....we decided your vote doesn't count for next year." You know what I mean?

But to avoid all this for future trips AFTER 2011, I still think picking set dates is a good idea. Since we're discussion it now and it's on the table, we could choose those set dates now and get it over with, so the fun planning can take place from here on out. Or we could put off picking set dates until next year.....or we could just go through this every year (picking dates and voting).

Hee hee, I feel like we're in a little planning committee. :goodvibes

Edited to say - (Although, any discussions on what to do after 2011 should probably be done on the regular planning thread so everyone can be in on it, right?)

Here is our current tally of votes for next years trip.

March 31 - April 4th: 24 (that includes votes for Stacerita's mom and sis, Courtney's mom, and Tina's mom)

April 14 - 18: 21 (that includes a vote for Kelly's mom and wvnative's daughter)

I do have one concern about the AP holders and the scavy hunt though: The AP holders will be blocked out on Saturday, but the scavy hunt really can't happen any other day because many of the Diva's don't arrive until Friday and leave on Sunday. So.......any thoughts about this?

Maybe have the scavy hunt on Friday evening/night? (I think most if not all of the Divas coming on the trip should be there by Friday evening - right?) An evening scavy hunt might be kind of fun.

Too many of the Divas leave Sunday morning, so I didn't think Sunday was a good option.

Here is our current tally of votes for next years trip.

March 31 - April 4th: 24 (that includes votes for Stacerita's mom and sis, Courtney's mom, and Tina's mom)

April 14 - 18: 21 (that includes a vote for Kelly's mom and wvnative's daughter)

I do have one concern about the AP holders and the scavy hunt though: The AP holders will be blocked out on Saturday, but the scavy hunt really can't happen any other day because many of the Diva's don't arrive until Friday and leave on Sunday. So.......any thoughts about this?

Maybe have the scavy hunt on Friday evening/night? (I think most if not all of the Divas coming on the trip should be there by Friday evening - right?) An evening scavy hunt might be kind of fun.

Too many of the Divas leave Sunday morning, so I didn't think Sunday was a good option.

Hey, thanks for posting that. Sorry for not updating sooner.

Actually, we are at:
March 31 - April 4th: 28 (that includes votes for Stacerita's mom and sis Nikki, Felecia, and Donna)

April 14 - 18: 26 (that includes a vote for Rosemarie, Stacie's DD and her roomie, Stacie's friend Tammy, and wvnative's daughter-which I missed somewhere so thanks for that!)

As for the hunt, an evening hunt does sound fun. :)

Hey, thanks for posting that. Sorry for not updating sooner.

Actually, we are at:
March 31 - April 4th: 28 (that includes votes for Stacerita's mom and sis Nikki, Felecia, and Donna)

April 14 - 18: 26 (that includes a vote for Rosemarie, Stacie's DD and her roomie, Stacie's friend Tammy, and wvnative's daughter-which I missed somewhere so thanks for that!)

As for the hunt, an evening hunt does sound fun. :)

Whoops, duh, I totally forgot to change the totals when I added in the extra votes. LOL! :laughing:

And I missed the extra votes for Stacie's DD, DD's roomie, and her friend Tammy.

See, I told you my brain was fried on cold medicine. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter