It's the final countdown.... Or final poll rather. POLL IS CLOSED!

Pick which dates you want for the 4th annual Girls-only trip?

• March 31 - April 4

• April 14 - 18

• No preference, just tell me when to go and I'm there!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
One thing we MAY want to consider is the block out dates. I know a lot of us have APS and I know that at least for this year and I am assuming next year will be the same that starting the 2nd sat in march every sat is blocked out from then on all the way through april and I think into may. Although I didn't go into may but I know all of june july etc is so I don't know why May wouldn't be as well but I know that the ONLY sat not blocked out in march for THIS year was this past sat the 6th.

I don't know how big of a deal that is going to be to people to have to pay for that day or if we just want to always make that sat an offsite day or whatever but just an extra thought to consider. :)

I'm not considering block out dates because I'd rather do one of the off-site options than battling Saturday crowds. I'm fine with not being in the park every single day from open to close.

Wow, I can't believe I just said that. I must finally be learning how to be laid back at Disneyland.:hippie:

One thing we MAY want to consider is the block out dates. I know a lot of us have APS and I know that at least for this year and I am assuming next year will be the same that starting the 2nd sat in march every sat is blocked out from then on all the way through april and I think into may. Although I didn't go into may but I know all of june july etc is so I don't know why May wouldn't be as well but I know that the ONLY sat not blocked out in march for THIS year was this past sat the 6th.

I don't know how big of a deal that is going to be to people to have to pay for that day or if we just want to always make that sat an offsite day or whatever but just an extra thought to consider. :)

I've thought about that too Kelly, and I'm not sure about May for AP blockouts. Maybe someone can let us know. It's possible that late Feb may be the best time for everyone given all the variables. The only bummer part of that timeframe is the weather, although some years will be warmer and dryer and others could be downright cold.

I agree! Great idea. I'd be willling for it to always be the last week(end) of Feb.

I'm good with set dates each year. End of Feb or early March I think is good. It just will never be very warm during that time of year.

I like this time of year as well. Lower crowds, good (cool) weather and did I mention LOWER CROWDS?

Yep, lower crowds, cooler (more comfortable) weather, less expensive hotels, no spring break = :thumbsup2

Why would we have spring break crowds during the first weekend of March? Usually spring breaks don't start until mid-March and run through April. Easter usually falls somewhere in the time frame every year.

Yes - here we're on spring break now until March 22 and next year we start spring break March 18......

Block out dates are a consideration as well..... An offsite day is also a good thing and sounds like fun. I don't think I would want to pay for the day at the parks, taking into account the already more expensive hotel, etc. Just my opinion.

That's correct, so why would the first weekend of March be affected? Easter hardly every falls in March, and when it does, it's at the very end of the month. Are you sure you're not thinking of the first weekend in April? :confused3

Capri's right. The earliest Spring Breaks always occur the 2nd week of March (and those are normally AZ breaks). So the first week of March has always been a slow time (mid-week at least). Weekends are ALWAYS busy with locals. ALWAYS. But I enjoy the Thurs, Fri and Mon lack of crowds if we are there during off-season.

I def like the idea of an offsite day but not everyone can come for all 5 or 6 days. I know quite a few had to leave on Sunday and I know some couldn't get there till Friday so that limited the time they had in the parks to begin with. Perhaps it doesn't matter to them as they may be locals and don't really care but again I am just throwing that into the mix as a consideration.

I know for me for example I wouldn't mind paying the blockout fee during the F&W to go in for the special events but I wouldn't want to pay it in march just to go into the park. In that case I would rather do an offsite option. But I know there were some that couldn't get here till Fri eve so if we had to change the scavy hunt I guess we could do it on Sunday? I am just trying to think logistics. I like the idea of late Feb/early march only for the fact that it is cheaper, no spring break crowds, no block outs and then if we wanted to do an offsite day we could but if someone didn't want to do that they could go in the park and NOT have to pay the fee. That way everyone wins. But again just trying to think of options that would please everyone which of course I know isn't going to happen LOL.

I know personally that time frame is great for me because I usually have just gotten my tax refund and it is right after soccer and/or basketball but before swim so I have NO committments and can go worry free! :)

But I will go with whatever you guys decide just trying to put some more ideas out there.

stacielee and I don't have that concern (because we don't ride the water rides!):rolleyes:

:thumbsup2

because some spring break vacations have nothing to do with Easter. I know people who get Spring break two to three weeks before Easter or two to three weeks after Easter.

That's the point, their Spring Break has nothing to do with Easter. If that's the case, they start the 2nd week of March and go through about mid to end April. Two of my kids Spring Break start March 12 next year; the other starts on Good Friday and goes through the following week.

If we always plan for the first weekend in March, we will miss the crowds and the APs shouldn't be blacked out on Saturday.

:thumbsup2

That's the point, their Spring Break has nothing to do with Easter. If that's the case, they start the 2nd week of March and go through about mid to end April. Two of my kids Spring Break start March 12 next year; the other starts on Good Friday and goes through the following week.

If we always plan for the first weekend in March, we will miss the crowds and the APs shouldn't be blacked out on Saturday.

SEE? Now this is the kind of conversation we should have been having before ever even suggesting dates. . . right?

Some might find it frustrating, but I think it is very constructive.

For those of us who are considering using DVC points to stay onsite, Feb. 26th is the last day for Adventure season (i.e. the cheapest) and then it jumps to Magic Season (i.e. Spring break rates) from Feb 27 through April 14th.
April 15-30 is Premier Season and is nearly double the amount of points necessary for Adventure Season. (and is the 2 weeks immediately surrounding Easter).

Here's a link to the points chart for those who might be concerned with this.

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...isneyVacationClub_DisneysGrandCalifornian.pdf

It's not the lack of rides or large ques that bother me with the crowds. You're right, we are DLR professionals and know our FP collecting.

It's not being able to walk down Main Street USA without getting stepped on or pushed or feeling like you are being forced into someone else's personal space that really makes me anxious and uncomfortable. Crowds like that scare me. :scared1: That's why I avoid walking through Adventureland or Tomorrowland when at all possible.

And that's why she always has an exit strategy! :thumbsup2

Honestly, I just don't want to do the same weekend we did this year. Okra can't go, and I can't go to Disneyland on Marty's birthday two years in a row.
I also had the concern about blackout dates, but I really don't think that was addressed enough when we we picking dates. :confused3
Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, I just don't want to do the same weekend we did this year. Okra can't go, and I can't go to Disneyland on Marty's birthday two years in a row.
I also had the concern about blackout dates, but I really don't think that was addressed enough when we we picking dates. :confused3
Just my 2 cents.

So if it were to be the same dates I wouldn't see you or Amy? :sad2:

If it happens, I'm driving up to see you! :hug:

Just my 2 cents.

Well, with how the discussion is going now, it doesn't look like it would be the same weekend as this year. It seems most of those participating in the discussion are leaning towards the first weekend in March (hopefully before any AP blackouts and before spring break season).

I am enjoying all the posts. I don't really care when we go. I know that there will be times that I can't go (like this year). But that is life. :)

I am easy on dates. I prefer Feb or early-March. I understand that doesn't work for everyone. But like I said...I am easy.;)

Tina I agree with the others. March is good. I would hate for you not to be able to come to!! I don't think mom would want to come on her b-day every year. Not that she didn't have a GREAT time, she did but I think she felt bad being away from my dad. Feb OR March is good for me but I want to do it when EVERYONE can come so March works for me. :)

So whichever dates win are the ones for 2011 right? Nobody's changed it again?

I guess it's up to everyone. We could either let the winning dates stand for the trip next year, or if we pick a fixed week to attend every year, we could start that tradition beginning in 2011.

Something else to discuss. popcorn::

Let's just stick with the winning dates for next year, we've already run two polls. Let's just leave it at that and then we can plan for a set date starting in 2012 if we must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter