It's my Birthday & I Celebrated! Lots of photos, food and fun! Updated 9/23

:rotfl2:

I am so eager to try that sandwich!! I really hope it's good.

I am loving your report, Paula! popcorn:: The pics of you with Rafiki are great! lol

I think I just had a bad one... it was just so try.. I attribute it to it being so busy!

Have fun on that one without me if you want to try it. I've been on those crazy mouse type ride things and I am 100% sure I am not a fan of that, lol. I suppose I also haven't been on Mickey's Fun Wheel (of death), but again I don't really want to, lol.

I like the non-swinging gondolas on the Mickey's fun wheel.. You can get some GREAT pictures! As least with my P&S. A DSLR may not as well as the lens I think is much bigger so you may get the grate on them...

Looks wonderful Paula!!

Thanks Michelle!

I hoped on the Train at the Main Street Station and just relaxed till I got to Toon Town. I'm not sure exactly what I was planning to do there but I got off the train. Took a look at all the crowds and got back in line to get back on!!!

Pics while standing in the line.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Apparently there wasn't room for my lonely self and I had to wait for another train to come...
So a few more random pics!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally got on a train!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Just a few people in line for It;s a Small World!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I believe I got off the train at Main Street and decided to head back to the Hotel for a quick break.

When I got back I wandered around some more...

First finding myself at the Hub

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then near Matterhorn...

ry%3D400

And it's a Small World
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally I settled on checking out the Princess Fantasy Faire

ry%3D400

The line actually wasn't TOO bad..

And Soon I was heading inside to see who I would meet...

First up.
Ariel!
ry%3D400

Belle
ry%3D400

Mulan
ry%3D400

I then decided I would try for another character.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Caught Em!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally I reached HIM!

Not that I got a decent picture to commemorate it... :confused3
ry%3D400

Upon exciting Mickey's Movie Barn I took a bunch of pictures of Toon Town in the dark.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Not sure if I changed a setting on my camera or what but this one came out much brighter!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Obviously from the previous picture I'm sure you figured out I left Toontown.

I walked around..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I finally realized I should probably eat something or be stuck with nowhere to eat again!

I was in Fantasyland so I found myself at the Village Haus again. This time I ordered the Chicken Sausage and Fries.

ry%3D400

This was good too! I would order this again. The wait was kinda long for it though. The restaurant closed just after I walked in the door so my timing was VERY close!

After I enjoyed my Sausage I wandered around some more and found myself trying to use my Big thunder Mountain FP's... only to find it was down... Alright... over to Indy... ehhh, long line and not feeling like even waiting in the Single Rider line so I headed to Jungle Cruise... the wait? Just had to wait for my boat to arrive!

Once done with my Jungle Cruise journey I slowly made my way to the exit and to wait for my shuttle ride to the hotel.

I love the night time pictures. I love the Toon Town stuff too.

Lovely photos! You know, I don't think I have ever seen ToonTown at night. Probably since it always closes early. Too bad about the blurry Mickey photo...don't you think the CM or person who took the picture would realize it was a bit blurry and retake it?

Love the photos!
The photo I got of Mickey and myself was blurry too, maybe it is a trick by the CM's to make you buy the photo pass images haha :P

Well it's been two whole months since I last updated my Trip Report. Part of the reason for that is the next day to report on was my Birthday. It was a tough day for me emotionally. But I don't want to leave my TR half finished so here I am to work through it!

June 14th! My Birthday. The reason I was in DL in the first place had arrived. I woke up to my phone dinging like crazy with Birthday Well wishes on Facebook.

the plan for the day was to start with an early morning character breakfast at Minnie's Breakfast in the Park. Minnie's is a favorite of mine and since it was a Magic Morning I could get in before the park actually opened. Another DISer (Disney_Alli) was also at DL celebrating her Birthday and had made reservations for the character meal. We had talked and figured we could combine our reservations and then we would be able to help each other with pictures.

we planned to meet at the gate right at 7am. Unfortunatly the hotel I was staying at while it had a free shuttle it's earliest departure was 7am so I had to ind another way to DL. I had thought about taking the bus but I was kinda leary so I elected to take a taxi instead.

I arrived to find a long line at the baggage claim but it moved quickly. Once at the gate to enter for the breakfast Allison was not there yet so I texted her that I would meet her by Town Hall as I wanted to get a new birthday button. (apparently sunscreen does a good job of removing Sharpie from the buttons) However just before I was going to enter Allison showed up so we went in together!

We quickly got my new button and then headed to The Plaza. We checked in (and I think confused the hostess since we each had separate reservations...) We did both decline the entrance photo. I knew I wasn't going to purchase it so figured why bother with it.

Soon we were seated and the characters began to come by! I told Allison we should switch Camera's so that she had pictures of her on her own camera and I had pics of myself! Somehow I still ended up with some pics of her but still got a decent amount of myself!

Starting at the very beginning is one of her!
ry%3D400

Dale!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our hostess Minnie!
ry%3D400

Geppetto!
ry%3D400

Max
ry%3D400

Chip and Geppetto looking for some breakfast as well.
ry%3D400

Tigger! (He got his Groove on a little later...)
ry%3D400

Honest John
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My food! (Of course lots of bacon!)
ry%3D400

Chip!
ry%3D400

Max decided to sit down and help Allison with her breakfast.
ry%3D400

Tigger finally stopped by for a picture.
ry%3D400

Rafiki is always a lot of fun!
ry%3D400

Baloo!!
ry%3D400

Geppetto take 2!!
ry%3D400

Max revisiting!
ry%3D400

And another visit from Rafiki!
ry%3D400

We told him he had bed head and really needing to come his hair!

So he borrowed Allison's brush and tried to brush it out but it didn't work so well!
ry%3D400

Fairy Godmother graced us with a visit.
ry%3D400

Next up was Eeyore!
ry%3D400

To be continued!!

And then Tigger really got his Grove on!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dale came by again...
ry%3D400

And Minnie came to pose...
ry%3D400

Finally Captain hook who had kept evading us decided to grace us with his presence...
ry%3D400

Once we had visited with Captain Hook we had been there for well over an hour and didn't see any other character roaming around so we departed. Allison had planned to tour DCA today and I didn't have any plans so we hung out for awhile together.

We headed over to DCA and I volunteered that we should be able to use my room key from the PPH and ride the Little Mermaid so that is where we headed first.

I actually rode it this time with no pictures!

After the little mermaid we got into the mass of people waiting to head to the Pier and of course TSMM.

A Few pictures as we waited.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally it was time for TSMM! I was so happy to have someone to wait and ride with!

I don't remember who had which score!
ry%3D400

Then I believe we caught a spin on California Screamin!

Grabbed some Tower of Terror FP's

Which mine printed this big long thing!!
ry%3D400

We then made our way to Monster's Inc!

And to Soarin'!

Then back to use the Tower of Terror FP's!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After ToT Allison and I parted ways as we crossed back over into DL. I had wanted to grap a BTMRR FP to try and catch fireworks from it that night but I didn't quite make it there as I found Pinocchio and Gepetto hanging out in Town Square!
ry%3D400

And Donald trying to play with the band.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

and then it was time for Minnie & Mickey to have a dance!
ry%3D400

I was feeling a little tired and drained at this point so I elected to head back to my hotel via shuttle and to catch a little nap.

For my Birthday dinner I had selected Catal in Downtown Disney. I had checked out the menu online and it had looked delicious! Having a $30 off coupon helped out too!

The menu.
ry%3D400

My Basil Lime Refresher!
ry%3D400

Appetizer #1!
ry%3D400

Appetizer #2!
ry%3D400

Both were delicious! I could not pick a favorite!

Then it was time for the Entree! Suckling Pig!
ry%3D400

That was SOOO SOOO Good! I was just in awe! It was so tasty!
Unfortunately it was at this point that I was really getting sad that I was alone on my birthday. My husband would have loved this restaurant and I was really wishing he was there to share it with me.

I was full at this point so I passed on dessert and decided to head back into DL. A CM at PFF the day before had told me that the original 3 Princess are usually there from 7-7:30pm each night and if I was in line by 6:30pm I should be able to catch them so that was my goal as I left Catal. I thought I could make it faster if I took the monorail vs walking so I headed there. Unfortunatly the monorail was crowded and I would have a wait there so instead I hiked it over to PFF by foot. By the time I got in line it was about 6:45pm and I knew I was probably too late... When the line stopped with my just 2 groups back I knew in fact I had missed them!

I stood in line anyways as I was pretty close to the front and I discovered...

Belle!
ry%3D400

Mulan!
ry%3D400

And Ariel!
ry%3D400

From there I headed back to Toon Town as I was really hoping to find a certain Mickey home. Unfortunatly that wasn't meant to be either so I left dejected...

Feeling a little down I figured I would just head back to my hotel and hopefully get some sleep as the following day would be my last full day at DL.

However I decided to duck into the Cinema first as I had never ventured inside!

I spent a little time watching some of the cartoons!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

AS I was about to head out I came accross the Red Queen in Town Square... She wanted me to do something but I couldn't figure out what!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

From there I headed to wait for my shuttle and headed back to the hotel.

Overall my birthday had its good times and its disappointments. I now know I am not the type of person that can spend my birthday by myself. So the morning was great and I thank Allison for sharing part of the day with me! The afternoon/evening was rather sad and while I love Disney and really wanted to spend my birthday there if I can't find anyone able to be with me its not someplace I want to be solo on my day again.

Glad to see you back & working on this Paula!! Love Tigger.....he's so much fun!!!! I'm glad you had company for the morning......but I'm sorry you were lonely for your birthday :sad1: ...... I can understand the not wanting to be by myself.....Disney needs to be shared with someone!! (of course I'm doing a solo thing so I can go camera crazy for the holiday stuff.....but it's my plan, so should do ok). I'm trying to remember, this was your LOOOOONNNNNGGGG trip right?? As much as I love DL, not sure I could handle being there (and away from the family) for more than a week at a time.

How's the move going, house selling, house buying, etc??

Paula!! I am so glad to see you back!! I am sorry your birthday had down moments. I know that I would not want to spend my birthday alone.:hug:

Looks like you had a lot of fun at your birthday breakfast! Sorry that the rest of the day wasn't as good. But if I had to spend anywhere alone (not that I'd want to either), Disney would be a good place to do it.

Glad to see you back & working on this Paula!! Love Tigger.....he's so much fun!!!! I'm glad you had company for the morning......but I'm sorry you were lonely for your birthday :sad1: ...... I can understand the not wanting to be by myself.....Disney needs to be shared with someone!! (of course I'm doing a solo thing so I can go camera crazy for the holiday stuff.....but it's my plan, so should do ok). I'm trying to remember, this was your LOOOOONNNNNGGGG trip right?? As much as I love DL, not sure I could handle being there (and away from the family) for more than a week at a time.

How's the move going, house selling, house buying, etc??

Yes this was my LONG trip! I learned that a day or two solo is great but more than that and it's not so fun!

The house isn't moving very fast. We have an offer in on a house we want in CO but we need to sell the house here first and our realtor wasn't doing much to do that so we fired that realtor and listed with a new one. We are really hoping that this helps. We've also lowered the price again so hopefully it hits more potential buyers searches!

Paula!! I am so glad to see you back!! I am sorry your birthday had down moments. I know that I would not want to spend my birthday alone.:hug:

I learned my lesson for trying to spend my birthday in DL! I thought it would be okay since I was in DL but it's better to be with others!

Looks like you had a lot of fun at your birthday breakfast! Sorry that the rest of the day wasn't as good. But if I had to spend anywhere alone (not that I'd want to either), Disney would be a good place to do it.

That is what I was thinking but it turned out just to be too much emotionally for me and I spent most of the afternoon/evening trying to not cry!

SO fun that you got to share your character breakfast and part of your day with another DISer. I have to say I think that breakfast had more characters than any we have ever gone to!

Might I add that your score on TSMM was great??

I've had a couple of occasions to do WDW and DL solo. I think going solo takes a lot more planning to have a good time. The two times I went to WDW solo I was there on business and was able to sneak in visits on my free time (while others were swilling free drinks I was riding rides! Yeah me!) I went to DL long ago during a conference and then last October after a conference for a 'me day' to see DL decorated for Halloween.

The two things that I find difficult are waiting in line/for a show and table service meals. I love to people-watch so most of my meals solo were counter service. The one time I had a reservation for dinner there was an older couple at the table next to me that ended up chatting with me the entire meal.

I did wait in line for TSMM last October for an hour. I also had over an hour wait for WOC. I did miss company during those times.

There were good things about being solo. I could stop and take pictures, wait in line for characters which my guys do not like to do (thank you to the character wranglers who would always take a picture with my camera), shop, and take time to look for the details I usually only see in other trip reports as when I'm NOT solo we are maximizing FP and avoiding long ride lines.

Thank you for your trip report. I'm enjoying following along with your adventures! :goodvibes

TK

SO fun that you got to share your character breakfast and part of your day with another DISer. I have to say I think that breakfast had more characters than any we have ever gone to!

Might I add that your score on TSMM was great??

Spending time with Allison was great! It was the perfect way to start my birthday at Disneyland. I just wish the whole day had been as perfect!

I believe I've got a few better scores coming up!

I've had a couple of occasions to do WDW and DL solo. I think going solo takes a lot more planning to have a good time. The two times I went to WDW solo I was there on business and was able to sneak in visits on my free time (while others were swilling free drinks I was riding rides! Yeah me!) I went to DL long ago during a conference and then last October after a conference for a 'me day' to see DL decorated for Halloween.

The two things that I find difficult are waiting in line/for a show and table service meals. I love to people-watch so most of my meals solo were counter service. The one time I had a reservation for dinner there was an older couple at the table next to me that ended up chatting with me the entire meal.

I did wait in line for TSMM last October for an hour. I also had over an hour wait for WOC. I did miss company during those times.

There were good things about being solo. I could stop and take pictures, wait in line for characters which my guys do not like to do (thank you to the character wranglers who would always take a picture with my camera), shop, and take time to look for the details I usually only see in other trip reports as when I'm NOT solo we are maximizing FP and avoiding long ride lines.

Thank you for your trip report. I'm enjoying following along with your adventures! :goodvibes

TK

I've also stood in line for TSMM by myself several times! I do love some solo time however after about 2 days of it I am ready for some company!

Depending on how long Hubby will let us go to WDW for in October 2012 I may add on some solo time as I know there is lots we won't get to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter